Quality Food Centers (QFC) Employee Reviews

Qfc not as bad as you think
Wine Steward (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAJanuary 2, 2019
They treated me and my team well. It was a union job so the benefits are some of the best. Getting time off was never a problem because the team was so big.

All in all a decent place to work.
benefits
Cons
shoplifters
Lots of hours
Night Stocker (Former Employee) –  Everett BroadwayDecember 29, 2018
I was placed as an over night lead after about 4months of working there where i had to work around an ongoing remodel with lack of proper ppe. Pay raises frequent but you have to fight for them
Pros
lots of work
Cons
management is bad
Fun, fast paced
Deli Clerk (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WADecember 27, 2018
Working in the deli at QFC was a blast. I loved my management, my coworkers and the overall feel of working there. Very much felt like a family, not just in the deli, but throughout the store.
A day in the life
Clerk (Former Employee) –  Portland, OR 97229December 11, 2018
Ienjoyed my time with this company. The culture instilled amongst team members was divided at times, but it didn't have an affect on our customers. I would definitely work for them in the future.
Simple but boring busywork
Courtesy Clerk, Stock Clerk, Cashier (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORDecember 10, 2018
The best part about working here was the Union membership and the benefits that come with it, including medical and dental as well as paid sick time off. Pays slightly above minimum wage, but the work is very repetitive and boring and alternates between rushing and waiting around with nothing to do.
Fun Workplace
Courtesy Clerk (Former Employee) –  Tacoma, WANovember 21, 2018
I really enjoyed working at QFC while in high school. It gave me a very good understanding of customer service skills early on in life which have applied to all of my other jobs. QFC was a very good company to work for and I would recommend it!
Horrible union
Deli Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Issaquah, WANovember 19, 2018
Because of the union you don't get raises often and the management was lacking immensely. You don't get a raise until you work 1000 hours and then its 10 cents.
My job at Qfc
Customer Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Mill Creek, WAOctober 29, 2018
I had many jobs everyday. Training, scheduling,directing and coaching,stocking, and always making the customers number one. I would always be at work.
Boring
Courtesy Clerk (Former Employee) –  Everett, WAOctober 29, 2018
Definitely a grocery store. I wasn't in a corporate spot and I was a courtesy clerk in high school. It was a good part time job but I would not recommend it for a career.
Very structured. Great people
Deli Clerk (Former Employee) –  Kent, WAOctober 28, 2018
Many job opportunities. Well structured work. Very customer oriented. Never has issues that couldn't be resolved. Constant training provided. Very clean.
Was a very fast paced job.
Courtesy Clerk (Former Employee) –  Lacey, WAOctober 8, 2018
I enjoyed working at Quality Food Center for about 2 years. The staff was very kind but serious about business so we got a lot done. I think the work environment was very efficient.
Interesting place
Produce Clerk (Former Employee) –  Edmonds, WA 98020October 3, 2018
Worth working as a place to start and or get through school but not a career. Management in some facets are nice, but the upper management are clueless and don't care about the employees at all.
Pros
Good Pay if you can work the time
High Seniority Based
Front End Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Kent, WASeptember 27, 2018
Unless you are planning on staying with the company long term or just need amazing benefits - not pay - then work in grocery. hours, schedule, time off basically everything is based off of who has been there the longest vs performance.
Good entry level job with opportunity to advance
Cashier (Former Employee) –  SeattleSeptember 22, 2018
I worked in several departments and each one was fast paced and always had a lot to do. Usually busy with customers for the front and lots of stocking to do for other departments. Benefits are good and management is helpful. Corporate doesn’t really know what they’re doing to help the store though.
Pros
Healthcare, paid time off, discounts
Cons
Variable hours, corporate ignorant
Not a great place to work if you value humanity.
Deli Department Manager (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORSeptember 18, 2018
Kroger is a company that cares more about hitting their target profit margins than taking care of their people. They regularly fight with the union try to roll back positives for their employees in order to make more money. A recent example is that they cut holiday pay for newer employees to time and a dollar from time and a half. The store management cares more about strict adherence to the rules than the people they're talking to. Store managements solutions to problem employees is to take them off the schedule first instead of talking to the employees.
Pros
10% off store brand
Cons
Everything else
It was a fun an new experience
Deil clerk (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WA 98109September 10, 2018
I enjoyed working in a establishment I enjoyed working with the managers in customers are very understanding and took there time when training me I also enjoyed being able to share in to communicate with the managers there are always understanding and able to help me when I need to change something on my
Personalized healthcare
Pharmacy Manager/Pharmacist-in-Charge (Current Employee) –  Bellevue, WASeptember 8, 2018
QFC is a great place to work because their focus is connecting with each patient and providing outstanding patient care. This environment fosters trusted relationships with our patients and is one of the most rewarding parts of being a pharmacist.
Pros
Benefits, Pto
Cons
No lunch breaks
Boring day with annoying customers
Cashier/Customer (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORSeptember 6, 2018
It's a normal job, but a bad option for part time employees such as students. You don't use the benefits unless you're a full time employee planning on staying there for the rest of your life, and the union takes all your money out of your check.
Pros
Store Discounts
Cons
Union dues for part time employees are too high.
Straight forward positions and hours
Fuel Clerk/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAAugust 30, 2018
Good flexible hours for students, managers are friendly and reasonable. Quality of equiptment is good, relaxed environment for workers making work more fun.
Pros
Good hours
Cons
No raises at first
I was in Highscool
Courtesy Clerk (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAAugust 29, 2018
I was in high school when I worked here. I got sent home a couple times because I didn't shave my facial hair which was pretty non existent then....did not enjoy working there.