Quality Food Centers (QFC)
59Below average

Quality Food Centers (QFC) Employee Reviews

United States332 reviews
Fine place to work, unionized, obvious advancement path.
My typical day was breaking down pallets and stocking shelves overnight. If customers showed up, I'd man the register and if I noticed any theft, I'd report it to the manager.
n/a
Honestly, what I rated them in the questionnaire pretty much speaks for itself. They pay their employees unfairly, management practices favoritism, and it's all just shady.
Great place to work!
I have worked at QFC for 21 years. I started when I was 16. I have held several different positions. If it wasn’t for this job, I wouldn’t have been able to balance going to school, having kids, and other responsibilities. They have always been extremely understanding that my family comes first, and allowed a very flexible schedule. Benefits are great (sometimes the insurance company is annoying to deal with on certain things, but not bad)Pay is great once you get to senior journeyman. Some coworkers have been a little weird over the years, but most become like extended family. I am grateful for my job at WFC and always will be.
good place to work
If you can deal with the bureaucracy of a big company you'll like working hear. The benefits that come with working here are amazing. The job definitely has its ups and downs but not a bad in all. Honestly, the worst part is the way customers treat you.
Checkers Treated Like Property
They do not give you breaks on time. They time you to the minute on breaks. If you’re 1-minute late, they call on the store intercom.
Your production, items checked, per minute is timed. Stats posted in break room. No pay increase after 2 years. Employees always call in sick during Fall on Sundays. Understaffed.
Pros
Employee Grocery Discount
Cons
Production carefully monitored. Can’t speak to customers, or you slowdown.
Share your experience
Let job seekers know what it's like to work at your company.
Love the customers!
I learned quickly all aspects of grocery checker. From learning hundreds of codes, to offering my best smile and words of encouragement to customers and coworkers alike, to covering shifts for others. I strive to make each day better for all I deal with.
Very flexible and management is ok but we get low pay and essentially no benefits.
A typical day in the life of a courtesy clerk consists of cleaning up feces on the bathroom floors, getting railed by management and putting up with the obnoxious checkers. Unfortunately some of the workers have a tendency to vanish for hours on end and receive no punishment. Now this place is not totally horrible as a few of the managers actually care about the courtesies. They also have great flexible hours and will work around your schedule. Also the pay is atrocious despite the fact that they advertise their "competitive pay". Benefits are also non-existent as we get 10 % off all KROGER items only.
Pros
flexibility
Cons
pay, benefits, work environment
Courtesy Clerks and Customers
The courtesy clerks are very helpful to the customers
Sometimes the customers take advantage of store policies. QFC has and open policy- customers are assumed to be right
Favoritism and gossip fuel the culture at QFC.
High expectations for hard workers and a free pass to those who love to slack off. Cater to the weak and overwork the strong. Massage your ego to your face and throw you under the bus when you are not around.
Pros
Non-management can get away with anything.
Cons
Very little opportunity for advancement and constantly short staffed.
Not a nice place to work
I enjoyed working with the community and helping the customers, however none of the workers were treated well by the store management leading to a very high turnover rate. I learned a lot, but would never work there again
first job - Starbucks kiosk barista
This was my first ever job (at age 18, while in college), and I felt really grateful that I got it, and that the management here was willing to take the chance to train me. Orientation and paper work took a long time in the beginning (1-2 weeks, more paperwork than more recent jobs I've had at Target, a sandwich shop, and an independent book store), but the training was very thorough. Overall, it was not a terrible job. Getting some store discounts was a good perk. I found it enjoyable as a young person.
I was glad to leave.
The neighborhood I worked was terrible, the homeless people make it a real hassle just to get to work, and then they spend all day and night running roughshod all over the store.
Good benefits and many different position opportunities
Good benefits and many positions available to suit specific needs for a variety of people. Good advancement opportunities and easy to transfer to different stores or other divisions ok Kroger if relocating is needed.
Descent and stable job
Very low starting pay. Otherwise it's a descent retail job. Benefits are really good journey pay is good. Often feel like the ability to move up in the company is very slow. Holiday time can be trying because of long hours and fast passed work.
Pay could be better
The benefits are alright but they will work you to the bone and it won't be easy getting full time hours. Co-workers were nice but other than that's its grumpy managers and grumpy customers
Great experience
It was a great first job and everyone was helpful with teaching me the basics. Everyone was welcoming and there was plenty to keep me busy through out the shift.
Enjoyed Working Here
I enjoyed my job at QFC. It was a detailed job and required a lot of attention detail. I enjoyed working with the public and serving customers. The management was great.
Best first job!
This being my first job I think it was perfect. It taught me how to work fast and under pressure while also being friendly with customers. I cleaned often and picked up after people. I made me realize that I’m a hard worker and I thank the job for that.
good place to work for, good people
good work-life balance
steady work pace

management is fair and helpful

people are good

systems are old school and difficult to use

environment is friendly
the co worker was awesome and friendly. fast pace but busy enough for ur day to go by fast
For me i generally had repeat customers. So i would engage and get to really know them and sometimes there family. They ask about you and your personal life. its really kool and the pay was not bad at all.
Okay place to start off
A work day would typically be fast paced. Management is mediocre. Coworkers can be catty and unprofessional. Customers are typically understanding of mistakes.
Pros
disconts
Cons
short breaks, catty coworkers, poor management
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Quality Food Centers (QFC). Our community is ready to answer.
Ratings from women
InHerSight Score
2.8Personal Development
4.0Career Opportunities
2.8Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight