Quality Inn and Suites Employee Reviews

Found 2,222 reviews matching the search See all 2,451 reviews
Night Auditor (Current Employee) –  Terre Haute, INJanuary 18, 2019
I love the environment and what the job entails, however the poor management brings everything good to a stop.. When other employees are favored that call off or show up late everyday are praised and you work your butt off showing up on time, not calling off, working overtime every pay, it makes things very stressful!
I liked the job, but I ended up not being paid for overtime for 4 months
Night Auditor (Former Employee) –  Council Bluffs, IANovember 3, 2018
I liked the company and the employees, but I had to leave because of a dispute with the new manager and owner over unpaid overtime wages for last 4 months employed.
Pros
Great accessible location, Lots of customers
Cons
No advancement, Long hours, few raises, and unpaid wages including overtime which is a federal law violation.
Poor management, terrible benefit options, undervalued long-term employees
Housekeeper/Laundry (Current Employee) –  Rock Springs, WYNovember 9, 2018
Underpaid, undervalued, awful benefit options, poor managment, favoritism and no advancement, checks are wrong very often, was paid holiday pay over a month late... Terrible place to work.
Pros
Laid back, paid vacation after a year
Cons
Poor benefits, poor management, poor wages
Drama in workplace
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Twin Falls, IDOctober 1, 2018
This place is like a high school if you are not in with the cool kids and if you express your own opinion and they do not agree you will be treated horribly. If you do work there and help out by covering a shift or any type of help they will take advantage of your hard work and completely over work you and when you bring this to the attention of the boss of the hotel. They will overlook the incident just as long as they don't have to work it and all they award you with is a $50 gift card.
Pros
Cons
Over work the hard working employees and gave praise to the ones that were in the clique
Inclusive and understanding
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  St. Ignace, MISeptember 9, 2018
I worked with some people who are atypical adults, I knew a couple of them. It is good to know that Quality Inn is inclusive of people who aren't easily applicable. Management had stressed me out because they had wanted me to work faster, and it was really hard for me to get fast. Shifts are usually in the morning until the afternoon, from about 9am to 2 or 3pm. Some shifts may go later if there's lots of rooms to be done. There are paid lunch breaks at noon, and benifits included are discounted swim at the pool, discounted meals for the Big Boy across the parking lot, and discounts on the store items.
Pros
Discounts on many items, inclusive of people
Cons
Management is a bit too strict.
They are not a goid place to work.
Laundry Manager (Former Employee) –  Spokane, WANovember 4, 2018
They treat their employees terrible. They would rather pay a fine then give benefits. They will think of any reason to let you go if you have been there to long. You can literally work your but off and they will not appreciate you for doing so. They will stab you in the back and ignore you if your not happy. They don't allow any suggestions from the employees.
Pros
Cons
Dont expect any unemployment if you get fired for no reason.
Fast paced environment, low pay, dangerous health conditions.
Hotel Maintenance (Current Employee) –  Lamar, PAAugust 8, 2018
Not the funnest place to work. Multiple maintenance men and housekeepers fired or quit due to pay conflicts. Numerous health and safety violations. Competitive atmosphere and intimidating HRs. Bad management and supervision.
Pros
Free Breakfast and Lunch, discount on all Choice Hotels.
Cons
Bad General Manager/Owner, Poor work environment, multiple health and safety code violations.
relaxed but stressful
Cook (Former Employee) –  Escanaba, MISeptember 25, 2018
give a raise within the first year, discounts on rooms, hotel restaurant food discounts and gifts shop discounts. winter hours are poor but during the summer there is plenty of opportunities for over time
Pros
relaxed, raises, opportunity for over time, discounts
Cons
poor management, drama, sexual harassment, favortism
great place to gain experince in all aspects of the hospitality industry
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  Moses Lake, WAOctober 18, 2018
very diverse working environment. no set schedules for front desk or housekeepers. front desk is also required to do laundry, housekeeping as well as light breakfast and pool party duties. management is very laid back and easy going. owners are very respectful and truly enjoy pleasing the guest and treating employees with the upmost respect and manners.
Pros
discounted rooms, and pool use. flexible schedule.
Cons
long hours, lots of overtime
A Great Job to advance
Night Auditor (Former Employee) –  Jefferson City, MOJuly 31, 2018
My experience working at Quality Inn has been a great one. Especially working with customers and making sure their room were accommodated as requested. Night Auditor position was slow and relaxed. Making reservations over the phone or in person gave me the opportunity to make a great impression of the service provided. The pay was okay. Opportunity for raises after a year. High turn over with management I've learned.
Co-workers were nice to work with
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Texarkana, TXOctober 5, 2018
I thoroughly cleaned rooms. I learned this job is not a career job. Management was horrible. The hardest part of the job is working for the pay you received & not being appreciated.
Pros
some co-workers were nice
Cons
horrible pay, management, & benefits
Experience working with quality inn
Front Desk Supervisor/Manager on Duty (Former Employee) –  Mobile, ALAugust 29, 2018
A typical day at work consist of around the clock arrivals and departures. start of the day i did a walk through to inspect the property to see if anything is out of place or out of order. Assign rooms for housekeepers and maintenance orders. completed morning reports, then inspected rooms. Do daily inventory once housekeepers are done with there room sheet. I really enjoyed meeting new people and working with the quality Inn crew. My management team was awesome as well.
Pros
Benefits, Experience, Meeting people from all over the world.
Horrible Pay Rate and Management
Front Desk Associate (Former Employee) –  Moline, ILOctober 8, 2018
Completely underappreciated. Wouldn't give overtime. Pay rate was 9.00/hour with no benefits and openly told there would never be an opportunity for a raise. Desk manager was extremely rude.
Pros
Cons
pay rate, management
Front desk manager
Front Desk Manager (Current Employee) –  Sweetwater, TNSeptember 22, 2018
Typical hotel jobs available here. This particular hotel offers no benefits, and no advancement opportunity. Owners are managers. It can be very busy and very slow. You must be self managed, reliable and highly skilled in customer service to succeed in this job.
This hotel is mostly walk in business so as a front desk agent you handle lots of phone calls with hotel inquiries and in person requests for information.
Pros
set schedule, meeting new people
Cons
no paid leave, high turn around of employees
It’s has it’s pros and cons
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  Rockdale, TXJanuary 11, 2019
I worked with this company for a short time, the management was alright and they tried their hardest to keep their employees happy, but I would personally say they need to work harder.
Pros
Amazing people to be around, the hours are good when you have them
Cons
Scheduling was very inconsistent, switched the shifts around way to much, hard to make up hours, no overtime
Good job for beginners.
Front Desk Agent (Current Employee) –  Mariposa, CAOctober 2, 2018
This is a simple job not to many issues occur. Just guest related such as cancellations or miscellaneous complains. As most people know in the hotel business there is rarely opportunities to move up in position. This position is best for someone not looking for advancement and just collecting a check. It is a very stable job but there is no benefits such as health or 401k. Dead end.
Pros
Free breakfast, discounts on rooms
Cons
no benefits, low income
A good job for the area.
Night Auditor (Former Employee) –  Midland, TXJanuary 7, 2019
The pace is relaxed, but can have short times of busyness. They provide benefits although I opted out of the insurance as my husband's job provided that.
Pros
Relaxed atmosphere
Cons
As with any customer service job, there are some less than nice encounters. BUT, the management does have a policy of refusing service to anyone.
Needs Help and makes you follow Rules and Regulations for 2 companies
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVAugust 13, 2018
Has a second hotel in the same parking lot that they try to cross train every new employee for so you have to follow rules and regulations for two separate brands and two separate hotels ran by the same management and same owners. They have 1 front desk manager for both hotels. This property receives all incoming calls for the neighboring property and has to transfer as needed on top of the incoming calls for the property itself, all in all there were 8 phone lines needing to be toggled by 1 person as well as a never ending line of customers checking in and checking out due to property faults. Training new employees didn't last very long due to the high levels of stress because of being under-trained on shifts that they weren't going to be working on, they would quit after 2 days. I had to stay late almost everyday to do clerical duties that wasn't able to be taken care of during my shift because of the constant phone lines, customer complaints and long line of customers that didn't end even after I was supposed to clock out for the day. Got in trouble for not answering phone calls because of the customers in front of me, but also got yelled at by customers stating that I was rude for answering the phone calls while I was helping them. All in all this is the worst place to work in Reno with little to no advancement and no benifits and no PTO or Paid sick days.
Pros
The Management is wonderful for the most part
Cons
Long Hours, No Breaks, No Benefits PTO or Sick Days
Great management, but low pay
Front Desk Associate (Current Employee) –  Stoughton, WIJune 19, 2018
Quality Inn has been my favorite workplace so far. The pay is not enough for living expenses, and raise opportunities are sparse. The manager is a wonderful woman who I have a lot of respect for. She is the main reason I have stuck with the company for so long. There is not enough training for employees, so there are constantly things to be worked on.
Pros
Free breakfast, great management
Cons
Low pay, no benefits
Guest Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Battle Creek, MIDecember 19, 2018
A varied work environment with bar dinning room and banquet services. Management easy to approach talk too, and relaxed work structure. Hands on management with quality of product and service being of top concern.
Pros
Customer service, employee discounts for hotel stays
Cons
No benefits, wages

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Quality Inn and Suites. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.4InHerSight Score

2.3Personal Development

3.0Career Opportunities

2.1Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight