Quality Inn and Suites Employee Reviews

Not Recommended
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  Nashville, INApril 2, 2018
Guest constantly complained about the rooms not being up to par for the money they would pay . Training was hit and miss , biweekly pay periods . To much drama
Pros
relaxed
Cons
alot
slow paced and easy
Front Desk Associate (Current Employee) –  Festus, MOApril 2, 2018
its an okay job to start off at and get experience with customer service. Definitely not a career job, more like a stop on the side of the road until you find something better.
Quality inn columbia city
House Keeper (Former Employee) –  Columbia City, INApril 1, 2018
There was not a whole lot of rooms in the hitel & they were never filthy so it was a easy job. The schedule was divided fairly. But the pay could have been higher.
Pros
Same 5hing evwryday so it was easy
Cons
Low pay
great house keeping
Housekeeping (Current Employee) –  Garland, TXMarch 31, 2018
fast paced/ great co workers. good management
learning something new everyday.
hardest part of the day is walking around with no breaks.
most enjoyable part of the day is great environment
I liked the breakfast items they had.
Weekend Breakfast Attendant P/T (Former Employee) –  Rapid City, SDMarch 30, 2018
I liked working there, as I had the chance to meet people from all over. The work was routine with small changes in the menu. The staff was helpful when I needed it, and I wasn't involved in anybody's drama.
Pros
Meeting all the hotel guests.
Cons
No benefits.
I liked working here
Desk Clerk/Night Auditor (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCMarch 29, 2018
I enjoyed my time with Quality Inn. I always had energy after work to do whatever I wanted. The only downside was no benefits and the pay was not enough for my lifestyle. I, however, really liked my manager/owner, and I realized he was paying me as much as he could afford. It was a laid-back job where I could work on my schooling at work, or watch TV during the slow times, and not much outside of my normal job duties were asked or required of me.
Pros
easy-going job with a lot of downtime
Cons
no benefits
not a great place to work
Night Auditor (Former Employee) –  Decatur, GAMarch 25, 2018
don't pay well. Its not worth the pay. They want to much for the lack of pay. They have a very high turnover rate. The owner don't care about the employees.
Pros
good manager
Cons
pay
average
Maintenance Engineer (Former Employee) –  Fort Mill, SCMarch 24, 2018
Not to bad to work for but once you get to top pay that's it no advancement, from there they don't hire maintenance for management . And unless you pay out of pocket there isn't insurance offered.
Quality Inn is a fine hotel.
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Lake City, FLMarch 24, 2018
Quality Inn is a fine place to work. The manager was terrific and so were my co-workers. It was a clean and safe place to be employed. I would recommend employment with this company as a good experience.
only a job
Manager (Former Employee) –  Brattleboro, VTMarch 23, 2018
Great for a starter job.. But If you are a professional its not the place to be. The property has not been renovated in years. So a lot of stress on front desk. The manager is often inappropriate with language, and since he has been there for 4 years you would think he would know how to run a hotel.. but unfortunately that is not true..

Want to know more about Quality Inn and Suites?

Ask a question
stressful and understaffed
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAMarch 21, 2018
I have learned the workings of a hotel from every aspect, from housekeeping to front desk, front desk to front desk manager to operations manager. I feel confidant in and sure of myself when dealing with customers that are dissatisfied as well as guests that are pleased with the accommodations. The hardest part I think, is the long hours. The most rewarding part is leaving at the end of the day knowing I did my job to the best of my ability.
Pros
My coworkers
Cons
no benefits
Nope nope nope! Run the oppsite way folks!
Front Desk Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Alma, ARMarch 20, 2018
My boss was awesome at first, then came the inapportiate cussing and screaming for a minor things. Also they tried fixing their out bursts with food. Very unprossional. One of the managers who works here let’s their boyfriend in and behind the desk where things have ended up stolen/missing. They are very disorganized and like to single out employees for minor things. I would not recommend anyone to work at the Quality inn. Maybe a Quality with respectable managers and staff would be better.
Pros
Discounts on hotel rooms
Cons
Everything to management being poorly to mistreatment of staff
Nice place to work. I met people of different cultures. I learnt a lot
Hotel Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Hyde Park, NYMarch 20, 2018
This is my present job. I joined in March 2017. Within 1 year I got 2 promotions. I currently work as an Assistant Manager after taken over my immediate supervisor's position of responsibility.
My current manager is a very wonderful leader I ever had in my whole work life. He is a good manager, very understanding, kind, patient, intelligent.

Employees are happy because of favourable management policies.

The only drawback is transport to and from work if you don't drive. I like the working environment
Pros
Free breakfast, free Wi-Fi, chances to work overtime is also available. Job security is guaranteed.
Cons
Shirt breaks available..... Free coffee 24/7
Good
Guest Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Rapid City, SDMarch 18, 2018
The other staff was really friendly. If you needed help with anything all you had to do was ask. Everyone was really professional and did their jobs well.
its okay, guest treated well
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Aiken, SCMarch 18, 2018
The guest get treated with great perfection even if they do wrong. The housekeepers bust there behind ton make sure all the nguest are happy even if we get into trouble for it. Everyone of the housekeepers make sure that the guest are happy with there stay. we do not go home till we get the job done

Guest dont leave any tips. We get some that will leave a tip that shows that they were satisified with our hard work.
Pros
he never came around
Cons
one 10 minute break, talked trash about, worked like slaves etc
It is a very fast paced job, and you have to be a great team player.
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  New Port Richey, FLMarch 17, 2018
There really wasn't a typical day at work because you were on your toes most of the time. Working at a hotel is very unpredictable because there is a wide variety of people that you meet. I have definetly learned that how to build confidence when talking to clients. The management was fantastic. My supervisor gave great direction, and was very perfectional. The manger of the hotel was always very kind, and made sure that our work day was the best it could be. The hardest part of the job would probably be that you had to complete a checkout room in thirty minutes, no matter what the condition. The most enjoyable part of the job would be all of the different kinds of people that you meet. You can can learn a lot by just having a conversation with a client.
Pros
Very fast paced, keeps you busy
Cons
Short breaks, No lunch breaks
on site gym
Night Auditor (Former Employee) –  Lathrop, CAMarch 16, 2018
The manger? owner Vimesh..outstanding person. The hours were hard, working graveyard was a no Bueno. The pay could have been better. The boss was very understanding. The guest were a blast. Co workers were nice.
Pros
very laid back
Cons
graveyard
nice enviroment
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Stuart, FLMarch 15, 2018
nice environment loved the people I worked with and also the guests that visited there fun to meet different people. Quality Inn taught me how to deal with different human beings in life it also taught me patience and more respect.
It was alright
Night Auditor (Former Employee) –  Winchester, TNMarch 14, 2018
The atmosphere was laidback but they rush you to learn everything. They owner was way to overbearing in my personal opinion. It’s not a job for someone who has anxiety.
Cons
People are rude
Not a terrible company but the location i was employed at was Toxic.
Front Desk Clerk (Former Employee) –  Belgrade, MTMarch 14, 2018
Not much good to say about this business. Its independently owned so it has its own silly rules and policies that make little to no sense, but worst of all, very bad owners, who don't care about their employees what so ever. Managers at my location were some of the worst people and hands down the worst bosses I've ever had. they were unfair, unprofessional and fowl mouthed human beings. Housekeepers consistently complained about unfair and even abusive behavior shown by the general manager and other supervisors. this hotel its a toxic work place environment plain and simple. the owners should be embarrassed.
Pros
Pays good for the amount of work you do.
Cons
Poor management/employee treatment

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Quality Inn and Suites. Our community is ready to answer.

Diversity score

Powered by Comparably

61out of 100

The Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Quality Inn and Suites.