Quality Life Services Employee Reviews

Care of the residents
CNA (Former Employee) –  New Castle, PAJune 1, 2018
Did not agree with new ownerships way of caring for the elderly, raises were not fair, understaffed and neglegeance. Residents themselves are wonderful people.
Pros
Daylight
Cons
Understaffed
Very stressful, get stretched too thin.
Dietary Aide (Current Employee) –  Apollo, PAMay 28, 2018
Working in the kitchen is not easy. We get looked down upon the higher staff and the hours aren't very flexible, you either get all daylight or all evening. 9 different shifts in the kitchen with room to grow in very few of them. The residents are the only thing that make it worth it.
Pros
Get to make the residents happy.
Cons
Havw to wash dishes and serve food
The mighty dollar is king here
Private (Current Employee) –  PAMay 21, 2018
The staff that go above and beyond are just given an even larger work load and no credit for there efforts. Unless your in the nursing department. Very much like high school with the either your part of the IN crowd or your on the outside and left picking up slack. Advertise family is who were are. Nothing more than clever marketing because they talk the talk but don't walk the walk. Wouldn't refer this as a place to work. Which is sad given the business there in.
Pros
Paid time off
Cons
Overall work environment leaves alot to be desired
Poor management, unprofessional, self-serving and decietful.
RN Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  TCCat GCMCMay 12, 2018
Very poor quality management. Unprofessional in dealing with staff, often tries to guilt staff into working extra due to most of staff quitting. The DON is a poor leader, deceitful with staff, manipulative and self serving. Staffing ratios are extremely unsafe. Very short on commonly used supplies, with poor quality product supplies that are available. Their concern is profit not patient safety/care. Very stressfull working environment.
Pros
Smaller unit has potential to be a great place with better management.
Cons
Stressful, unprofessional poor management
Horrible Adminastrter, unfair corperation employees
CNA (Former Employee) –  ApolloMay 10, 2018
When the office people from Butler came to West Haven they mean and unfair, they give us more work less people to take care of patients. Too much work and stress. They make our bosses mean when they come. Budget budget budget all they say.
Pros
Nice patients
Cons
Butler-David is mean and crazy.
Official response from Quality Life Services
December 31, 1969

We apologize and are disappointed to learn that your experience wasn’t as positive as we desire for all Quality Life Services’ employees. We are usually known for our great culture and the way we put our staff and residents at the center of what we do. As much as we pride ourselves on providing a great culture and work environment for our staff, we do realize and admit that mistakes and issues do happen. We may not be able to change the past, but we value you and your concerns. We want hear all about your experience and your feedback, this will allow us to identify areas for improvement and will allow us to create a better experience for our employees and residents.

If you would like, you can call us at 724 431-0770 to discuss your concerns. We look forward to hearing from you.

Challenging Work Environment
DIRECTOR (Current Employee) –  PennsylvaniaApril 29, 2018
Overall the company means well but is unwilling to invest in their properties that really need work, their people who need training especially management, or provide the tools necessary for staff to do their jobs.
Terrible co workers wonderful residents
Head aide (Former Employee) –  Apollo, PAApril 27, 2018
Loved the residents but the staff was nothing but drama and favoritism. Not enough staff working shifts. Always staying for call offs. Dementia residents excluded from most activities.
Pros
Residents
Cons
Staff
Good employer, great residents
Office staff (Current Employee) –  Apollo, PAApril 27, 2018
No job is ever perfect, but they are definitely a family here, and the culture is different and more relaxed than most nursing Home facilities. Residents are awesome. Company is decent, decent benefits, pay isn’t bad.
Great Food
Dietary Aide (Current Employee) –  Apollo, PAApril 24, 2018
The cooks take pride in what they make. Fast pacing. The residents are great there. This job could be stressful at times to. Don't ever call off. Thank you.
Slow
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Markleysburg, PAApril 19, 2018
Work day was slow and steady. Learned a lot about patient conditions. Management was good. Work place culture was very diverse. Hardest part of the job was transferring patients. Most enjoyable part of the job was interacting with patients.
It's ok
Rehabilitation Technician (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCMarch 3, 2018
People there was unprofessional. A lot of gossip in the work place. Favoritism was shown to certain staff. Men and women staff could not get alone. It started out okay but staff could not separate personal with business.
Pros
Care a lot about their clients
Cons
Too unprofessional
I like the people i work with including management
Not telling (Current Employee) –  Johnstown, PAMarch 1, 2018
Advancement is very few.. you can work in more departments than one but when they're done with you in that department your hours go down... but I really do love the people I work with as my coworkers and I do like most of the management Staffing the residents and families are great.... the food has a lot to be desired
Pros
Management does care... and a small Nursing Facility
Cons
Don't work in other departments without something in writing
Patient care comes last
Clinical Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Grove City, PAFebruary 17, 2018
Constantly threatening your license with abandonment if you do not accept the mandation. Poor management who will not pitch in and help out. Illegal mandations are part of the company culture. Clinical equipment all broken - right down to not having blood pressure cuffs or working thermometers.
Lovely
Unit Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kingston, NYFebruary 12, 2018
Great experience
Opportunity to observe medical field.
Learned how to communicate with others. Learned the stories and narratives of the residents.
Culture was friendly
Hardest part was not having licencing or medical experience to assist fully.
poor communication
Residential Support Staff (Former Employee) –  Northern Cambria, PAFebruary 3, 2018
very poor communication between management and supervisors (which is told to act like management but not treated as such) long hours 12 or 16 hour days 56 hour weeks. High turn over rates for staff, they are trying to work on lowering hours and raising pay but wont last long because with out the overtime pay isn't worth it (even with the raise) So most staff will be looking for new jobs
Pros
get to eat at work, get to partake in fun activities if you get active client.
Cons
long hours, not paid enough for amount of work you are to do, poor communication
West haven manor
LPN (Former Employee) –  ApolloJanuary 20, 2018
Horrible , horrible, HORRIBLE MANAGEMENT. Not a place to work for an honest and caring person. Covering up mistakes, resident incidents, the whole nine yards. QLS will never get it together, too corrupt. BE AWARE of large sign on bonus, pay rate, and promises. Constant staff turnover, unhappy, waiting for the hammer to fall. Management ignorant, condescending, despicable, and immature. We changed our name from West haven Manor to QLS. I think they thought this would assist to get people to work here. NOT. WEST HAVEN MANOR, changed name, same place, bad bad nasty people to work for.!!!!
Pros
close to home
Cons
atrocious management

Comment – December 31, 1969

We are very sorry that your experience working for QLS was not positive. We always welcome constructive feedback so that we can identify areas for improvement and will use this information to make changes that will positively impact both our employees and residents.

Relaxed and enjoyable
Store Clerk/ Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Shiner, TXJanuary 10, 2018
This job was just a cashier job that was a great job to have in high school. It was great being able to see different customers come in each day and be able to help them.
Pros
relaxed
Cons
long shifts
Its good
Certified Nurse Assistant (Current Employee) –  Apollo, PAJanuary 4, 2018
typical CNA work
Clean work environment
30 minute break is required so you always get a lunch (unpaid)
residents are nice
fast paced environment
nice coworkers
Great Company & Culture Offering Opportunity, Advancement!
Anonymous (Current Employee) –  Butler, PADecember 26, 2017
Quality Life Services is a healthy, growing, reputable mid-market healthcare services company, serving the tri-state area (PA, OH, WV).

QLS is a 3rd generation, family-owned business that understands it has to 'mature' and build the necessary infrastructure to support the business. The ownership 'invests' in the company - and its people - knowing that both efforts will produce sustained success. Career mobility and advancement is attainable in most, if not all, departments!

The Owners are actively involved, servant leaders. They delegate well, and treat every member of the company like their 'family'. Any issue or problem is given due thought and heartfelt consideration.

Talent-level (healthcare, management, and shared services) is of a higher-caliber, as many industry veterans are noticing the appeal of working for QLS. Recently, they have invested in building out HR/Talent, Marketing, Communications, Clinical, Nursing, etc.)

Owners and Senior Management pay attention to 'Culture' - ensuring values are lived, rather than just words on paper.

Yes, they have some 'growing pains', but they are embracing 'change' ---the first step in continuous improvement!

Look for continued growth in 2018 and beyond!
Pros
Culture, Growth, Opportunity for Advancement
Cons
Some 'dated' systems in place, but they recognize this and are embracing change!
"Awesome place to work"
Director of Talent Acquisition (Current Employee) –  Butler, PADecember 12, 2017
Great candidate experience during the interview process. Welcoming and compassionate family culture. Leadership values their employees and recognize their hard work.
Pros
Family values, collaborative environment, growth potential, great benefits
Cons
None that come to mind.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Quality Life Services. Our community is ready to answer.