Quality Life Services Employee Reviews

Pay
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Apollo, PAAugust 9, 2019
Qls was great but they do need to provide more aides and better pay.
Management isnt understanding at times, but if you put your foot down they tend to listen and respect you
Very productive and fun working environment
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chicora, PAJuly 31, 2019
A very small working environment. Easy to connect with all residents and coworkers alike. A happy go lucky place for all residents. Short staffed and the management isn't that great.
Pros
You can pick up as many hours as you would like
Cons
They don't work with you scheduling wise
Working together like family
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Grove City, PAJuly 31, 2019
No job is perfect, including this one. But the staff genuinely cares about the residents, and each other, and pull together as a team. Can be stressful at times due to staffing issues(common with this profession), but overall a good place to work.
Not terrible
Dietary Aide (Current Employee) –  Apollo, PAJuly 24, 2019
I love my job the residents are amazing. They are well worth working there. Going through a transition. This facility is not bad at all. The workers try to work together
"culture of family" is a joke!
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Grove City, PAJuly 20, 2019
QLS is an awful company to work for. I would rate zero stars, if I could. They preach about this "culture of family" but they don't follow it. All they care about is money. They don't care about their patients. Their staffing ratios are a joke. They try to guilt you into working more hours than you agreed to work upon hire. The pay is poor. They treat their faithful employees like dirt while they favor their bad employees. The only reason I've stayed for them for two years is because of my co-workers, because many of them make it worth it.
New Castle half good/bad
State Tested Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  PennsylvaniaJuly 3, 2019
1st and entering the job It was good I enjoyed it and handsome benefits that was a plus 4 you Bonus Was OK but the breakdown of it was not fair But the most problem is when your managers do not believe what the nurses or CNA Believe you when is between a patient with dementia or all timers You're the one Stuck with the bill
Pros
Holiday pay and bonus money when you apply
Cons
Does not believe the employee's word
This is a terrible place
Plebe (Current Employee) –  Grove City, PAJune 22, 2019
Poor patient care r/t overwhelmed staff
Effectively managed by the least qualified staff
Clique driven
LPN staff afforded w/ inappropriate levels of supervision & authority
LPN staff isolating of those who they dislike. This inappropriate behavior is not only condoned, but given strength by mgt
The least qualified persons ultimately run this facility, as the LPN’s are afforded positions of clout & privilege.

Daylight
Pros
Cons
Unit mgr believes she has experience- & is closed minded to informed perspective.
QLS of Apollo
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) (Current Employee) –  Apollo, PAJune 21, 2019
QLS of Apollo is a great place to work. We work as a team and as a family. Our residents are great they keep the bad days good. Let's be honest we are in health care not everyday can be perfect. We are under new management in house with lots of new good changes. Our new administrator and DON are doing a great job with being open and listening and changing things that haven't been looked at for a while. We currently have agency in facility assisting with taking care of our elderly so yes our residents are taken care of well.If you havent work at QLS of apollo in the last 2 months you wont see the good changes being made. Please come in have a tour shadow anyone of the job your interested. We welcome everyone you cant always judge a book by its cover... we welcome you to make your own opinion about our beautiful nursing home
Pros
Team work, residents, job security
Cons
Some bad days that are long
Very nice clean
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) (Former Employee) –  Grove City, PAJune 17, 2019
Over the 12 years I worked there I was able to do varies other jobs and receive other skill set. The company was willing to send me to college to receive my RN.
Speaking truth , not an hostile ex employee, just dedicated to the proper care of elderly.
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Apollo PAMay 19, 2019
I can not believe they get away with intentionally under-staffing CNA's, I'm surprised they haven't been shut down... . It looks nice but reality is that this place does NOT provide the proper staffing to give the residents the Quality life services that their name says it gives.. Poor helpless Residents have to wait until the aide is done with triple the amount of residents, to come back and give them care. QLS has the ability to seek a temp service but rarely do because they charge more.. so instead they often require one aide to care for over 30 residents. even housekeeping and LPN's and RN's try to help the CNA;s but they are overloaded with work themselves. I always loved the coworkers I worked with.. they were the best.. but the management is the worst
They will never tell you how bad this place is managed!. .. as they will not tell you they have been cited by the State of PA for a serious issue not long ago!!. but do your research please!! and Please DONT put your loved one here, not if you care about their well being. Its not the CNA's or Nurses fault. because they beg for help, This company will pretend to listen but then will not provide the basic staff it takes for quality care. The turnover rate for CNA's in this company is outrageous! Who wants to feel like they are doing the work of three CNA's and getting the pay rate of one, and in the mean time, feeling like they let down the residents they know and love, due to not being able to help them like they deserve and pay for.
Pros
Great coworkers, nice looking building.
Cons
poor management leads to serious staffing issues and lack of care to wonderful loving residents.
QA review
Direct Care Staff (Former Employee) –  Allentown, PAApril 18, 2019
Poor leadership skill from management. No work day is a typical work day. appointments had to be reminded to any higher up such as every other matter. it is a hard place for a person with any form of a disability.little alone direct staff. No PTO time off any and kind only 5 to 10 days of paid vacation. most of the time books nor paper work is incorrect coming from the office.the staff has more work that management should be able to ease the load from staff.
Pros
it is a job in direct care
Cons
almost every aspect
Do not recommend working here unless you love drama.
CNA (Current Employee) –  Mercer, PAApril 18, 2019
Absolutely love the residents. You feel like you’re in high school with all of the drama. All ADON/ DON and RNs are up eachothers butts. RNs do not help with resident care because “it is not their job, it’s the CNAs job”. They don’t care for their residents and they won’t listen to the CNAs even though we spend all day everyday with them and helping them with their daily routines and we know them more than the Nurses. But they still do not listen.
Pros
The residents
Cons
How RNs and the higher ups treat their employees.
Fun working place for a hands on kind of worker.
Staff hands on worker (Current Employee) –  Northern Cambria, PAApril 16, 2019
Hands on work. At time very busy .. need to be quick at thinking and be very understanding . You do get meals while working .. you are can get 40 plus hours easily.
Pros
You can get ahold of management any hour of the day and night
Cons
Sometime stuck for 24 he shift
Bosses are horrible
Cook (Former Employee) –  Apollo, PAApril 5, 2019
If your not liked they find ways to get you fired..very high schoolish. Bosses don't help even if your short handed .your expected to do the stuff ,if a person calls off, to cover for call offs, with no help from higher up. No team work as far as bosses go. If someone has an issue it's under the buss you go. Definitely favoritism. The ones that work hard get treated like dog poo. Ones that slack and are lazy get treated better. bosses constantly screw up on their jobs . And it's ok .no leadership. I could go on for days . YOU DON'T WANT TO WORK HERE!!
Pros
Close to home
Cons
Lack of leadership, poor management
Worst place i worked
Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  Grove City, PAFebruary 23, 2019
I got fired because of my eye sight and being slow. And being order around by a co-worker who thinks she knew everything. And i got fired before my. Probation. Was up
Pros
Working with residents
Run don’t walk
RN (Former Employee) –  Johnstown, PAFebruary 14, 2019
I worked in the Facility in Johnstown. At first I really liked it but as time went on management began to show their true colors. I have never worked in such a negative and unprofessional atmosphere in all my years of being a RN. The administrator leads by bullying and intimidation and there is a high staff turnover. The corporate office does not look into or care what the issues are or look to resolve them. Hence, the reason for high staff turnover. You will be taken advantage of and treated unfairly on a daily basis. There are many SNF to choose to work for so please don’t choose this one. The only thing I miss is the residents.
Pros
The residents and families
Cons
Everything else.
Unorganize!
DSP 1 (Current Employee) –  North Chesterfield, VAFebruary 11, 2019
Do not waste your time.
A typical day includes watching clients that do not belong at the day support center. It’s hard to care for individuals when certain procedures are not in place for them. Management does not care about their employers. RUN don’t walk
Nice place to work.
RN Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Chicora, PAFebruary 2, 2019
Nice place to work. Staff is friendly and good to their patients. Flexible schedule if you need to take off. Great DON & ADON’s. Free parking. Free leftover food from dietary. Break room. Education of changes or new protocols. Good staff patient ratio.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Low census
family
Medical Records/Central Supply (Current Employee) –  Grove City, PAJanuary 28, 2019
It is a great place to work where you are treated like family. I enjoy the people I work with and the residents as well. All around a fun environment that can get stressful if you let it
Pros
fun
Cons
can be stressfull
Fast paced
RN Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Chicora, PADecember 10, 2018
Working here can be quite fast paced with a large workload. The saying "family is who we are" is true to its word. Staff is friendly, residents are sweet, and management cares.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Quality Life Services. Our community is ready to answer.