Quality Life Services Employee Reviews

Discriminatory practices
Program Coordinator (Former Employee) –  ColoradoDecember 1, 2018
There is no standard salary for the same position, just depends on how much the CEO likes you, or how nice you are to him. The preferred staff are paid at vastly higher payscales.
Unpleasant and unsafe
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  SarverNovember 14, 2018
Management is very unprofessional, HR talks about people's business to others, the raises are an absolute joke, and the staffing is bad. Not a place I would want my loved ones! One CNA taking care of 18+ resients,is not a good thing not to mention unsafe!
Pros
The residents
Cons
Management, staffing, low raises
Can be a great place to work, if you do not have to deal with upper management daily.
RN (Former Employee) –  Butler, PANovember 12, 2018
I have learned a lot while being at Quality Life Services and thankful for what I have learned. I have also made many good friends, but feel that it is my time to move on. The main issues with Quality Life Services is how employees are treated by the upper management and the owners seem oblivious to this treatment. Upper management are provided positions because they do have the skills for that position but their treatment of others is rather lacking. There is no compassion and ultimately bullying noted to the lower level staff. I feel Quality Life Services could be a great place to work but I feel the owners need to be more involved in how their Director's actually treat employees and this includes multiple departments.
Pros
Flexible start times
Cons
Upper Management and how they treat co-workers
Short Staffed
CERTIFIED NURSING ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  New Castle, PAOctober 29, 2018
Resident's needs should come first and foremost. But unfortunately when there's a staffing problem they're the ones who suffer the most. Administration tries their best... corporate set some cut backs and them spending around $12,000 on a zen garden that none of the residents can get too is a bit ridiculous. and the quality of the care us aides can provide suffers. They should've spent that money more wisely or at least on something the residents can enjoy.
Pros
The residents
Cons
Short staffed, corporate
November 6, 2018

We apologize and are disappointed to learn that your experience wasn’t as positive as we desire for all Quality Life Services’ employees. We are usually known for our great culture and the way we put our staff and residents at the center of what we do. At Quality Life Services – New Castle, our priority is delivering 5 star rated quality care to our residents. Along with providing great quality care, Quality Life Services – New Castle is always trying to improve the grounds, exterior and interior appearance for our residents and employees.
As much as we pride ourselves on providing a great culture and environment for our staff, we do realize and admit that mistakes and issues do happen. We may not be able to change the past, but we value you and your concerns. We want hear all about your experience and your feedback, this will allow us to identify areas for improvement and will allow us to create a better experience for our employees and residents.

If you would like, you can call us at 724-654-7791 to discuss your concerns. We look forward to hearing from you.

Robert S. Freed
Administrator at Quality Life Services – New Castle

My job
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chicora, PAOctober 22, 2018
My co-worker's were amazing. We worked as a team to get our jobs done. I loved working with all the residents. The company was a good company to work for.
Fast-paced, super challenging but so rewarding!
Manager (Current Employee) –  PASeptember 15, 2018
The company is great. They do so much for the residents AND employees. I never thought I would find such a perfect balance! Nothing is ever perfect, but I would recommend QLS to anyone. Great team.
Pros
Unexpected perks, core values, rewarding.
Cons
Very fast paced; not necessarily a con.
Managed very well
RN (Former Employee) –  Mercer, PAAugust 20, 2018
I only worked for this company for 2 months due to becoming my mother's caregiver, but I love this facility! It was clean, supplies were available and it had responsive management. Nursing management was top notch and very warm and caring with employees, residents and families. I was thoroughly trained and was encouraged to ask questions. There were a couple of people who weren't a joy to work with but probably fewer than average. Residents were well cared for and generally happy. This facility really stands for "Family is who we are."
Pros
Team work, atmosphere
Cons
not the best paying job
The regions leader in post acute care and workplace culture!
Director of Marketing (Current Employee) –  Butler, PAAugust 6, 2018
Spending a day as an employee of Quality Life Services you are able to identify why they are the regions leader in post acute care and workplace culture.

Quality Life Services owns and operates: skilled nursing facilities, personal care homes, home health services, and hospice services.

Their quality of care and family like culture surpass other similar organizations. Their focus on putting their residents, patients, residents/patient's families and their staff before the "bottom line" is truly awe-inspiring and really show cases how much they care.

The 3 owners are very much actively involved and are an inspiration to staff. They treat every single employee from the ground up like a member of their family and truly care about them and make an honest effort to show it.

In the last year, Quality Life Services has put a focus on streamlining their identity/brand, improving the resident/patient/family/staff experience and care, and hiring some of the industry's sought after veterans for various departments to help continue and foster the growth of the organization.

Of coarse with any organization there are going to be bumps in the road, growing pains, and some service breakdowns. These things though do not define the organization or any organization for that matter as no place of employment is truly ever "perfect" or gets it right the every single time the first time.

I am proud to be apart of such an amazing organization.
QLS GROVE CITY formerly trinity living center
RN (Current Employee) –  Grove City, PAJuly 25, 2018
QLS grove city is a wonderful place to work. The company offers great benefits, two raises every year. They care about their residents and offer the "dream" program similar to make a wish program. That is funded by staff donations and the dream fund. Residents go on outings with activities and get out of the facility. Employees nominate the employee of the month. opportunities for overtime available. Flexible shifts with 12 hour 8 hour 10 hour or 16 hour shifts available
Pros
flexibility
Horrible
RN Supervisor/Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  Chicora, PAJuly 17, 2018
Poor management, no support for the floor staff from management, DON knew nothing about the residents or the processes of the facility, no organization, management sat in meetings 3/4 of the day and accomplished very little while floor staff drowned. The list is endless...
Pros
Floor staff- the RNS, LPNs and CNAs worked hard and cared about the residents
Cons
Management-DON, Hr, administrator and corporate
Care of the residents
CNA (Former Employee) –  New Castle, PAJune 1, 2018
Did not agree with new ownerships way of caring for the elderly, raises were not fair, understaffed and neglegeance. Residents themselves are wonderful people.
Pros
Daylight
Cons
Understaffed
Not a bad place to work
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Grove City, PAMay 29, 2018
There are regular call offs and they do mandate. The residents are awesome and they have regular things for them to do. The employees do have good team work.
Very stressful, get stretched too thin.
Dietary Aide (Current Employee) –  Apollo, PAMay 28, 2018
Working in the kitchen is not easy. We get looked down upon the higher staff and the hours aren't very flexible, you either get all daylight or all evening. 9 different shifts in the kitchen with room to grow in very few of them. The residents are the only thing that make it worth it.
Pros
Get to make the residents happy.
Cons
Havw to wash dishes and serve food
November 6, 2018

As much as we pride ourselves on providing a great culture and environment for our staff, we do realize and admit that mistakes and issues do happen. We may not be able to change the past, but we value you and your concerns. We want hear all about your experience and your feedback, which will allow us to identify areas for improvement and create a better experience for our employees and residents.

Robert S. Freed
Administrator at Quality Life Services – New Castle

The mighty dollar is king here
Private (Current Employee) –  PAMay 21, 2018
The staff that go above and beyond are just given an even larger work load and no credit for there efforts. Unless your in the nursing department. Very much like high school with the either your part of the IN crowd or your on the outside and left picking up slack. Advertise family is who were are. Nothing more than clever marketing because they talk the talk but don't walk the walk. Wouldn't refer this as a place to work. Which is sad given the business there in.
Pros
Paid time off
Cons
Overall work environment leaves alot to be desired
Poor management, unprofessional, self-serving and decietful.
RN Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  TCCat GCMCMay 12, 2018
Very poor quality management. Unprofessional in dealing with staff, often tries to guilt staff into working extra due to most of staff quitting. The DON is a poor leader, deceitful with staff, manipulative and self serving. Staffing ratios are extremely unsafe. Very short on commonly used supplies, with poor quality product supplies that are available. Their concern is profit not patient safety/care. Very stressfull working environment.
Pros
Smaller unit has potential to be a great place with better management.
Cons
Stressful, unprofessional poor management
Horrible Adminastrter, unfair corperation employees
CNA (Former Employee) –  ApolloMay 10, 2018
When the office people from Butler came to West Haven they mean and unfair, they give us more work less people to take care of patients. Too much work and stress. They make our bosses mean when they come. Budget budget budget all they say.
Pros
Nice patients
Cons
Butler-David is mean and crazy.
May 16, 2018

We apologize and are disappointed to learn that your experience wasn’t as positive as we desire for all Quality Life Services’ employees. We are usually known for our great culture and the way we put our staff and residents at the center of what we do. As much as we pride ourselves on providing a great culture and work environment for our staff, we do realize and admit that mistakes and issues do happen. We may not be able to change the past, but we value you and your concerns. We want hear all about your experience and your feedback, this will allow us to identify areas for improvement and will allow us to create a better experience for our employees and residents.

If you would like, you can call us at 724 431-0770 to discuss your concerns. We look forward to hearing from you.

Challenging Work Environment
DIRECTOR (Current Employee) –  PennsylvaniaApril 29, 2018
Overall the company means well but is unwilling to invest in their properties that really need work, their people who need training especially management, or provide the tools necessary for staff to do their jobs.
Terrible co workers wonderful residents
Head aide (Former Employee) –  Apollo, PAApril 27, 2018
Loved the residents but the staff was nothing but drama and favoritism. Not enough staff working shifts. Always staying for call offs. Dementia residents excluded from most activities.
Pros
Residents
Cons
Staff
Good employer, great residents
Office staff (Current Employee) –  Apollo, PAApril 27, 2018
No job is ever perfect, but they are definitely a family here, and the culture is different and more relaxed than most nursing Home facilities. Residents are awesome. Company is decent, decent benefits, pay isn’t bad.
Great Food
Dietary Aide (Current Employee) –  Apollo, PAApril 24, 2018
The cooks take pride in what they make. Fast pacing. The residents are great there. This job could be stressful at times to. Don't ever call off. Thank you.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Quality Life Services. Our community is ready to answer.