Quality Stone Veneer Employee Reviews

They Need a New Ringmaster
Field Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Refton, PAOctober 9, 2019
This company is a waste of time. They pump you up, welcome you as a team member and then make up a reason to fire you, as they have done to hundreds. Well, that is if you do a great job, possess honesty and integrity and are reliable and dependable. No worries though, they won't fight the unemployment claim but will wait the maximum time allowed to submit the paperwork.

Are you successful in losing large accounts? Enjoy a workplace where upper management is paranoid of anyone with a brain? Not afraid to take a gamble on a company that supports the weak because they can be easy manipulated? If you're a person with no work ethic, lack self respect and are willing to lead a dishonest existence this is the company for you!

Best wishes to all future employees. If you choose to ride in the clown car, you will thoroughly enjoy the three ring show!
They Need a New Ring Leader
Field Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Refton, PAOctober 9, 2019
This company is a waste of time.  They pump you up, welcome you as a team member and then make up a reason to fire you, as they have done to hundreds.  Well, that is if you do a great job, possess honesty and integrity and are reliable and dependable.  No worries though, they won't fight the unemployment claim but will wait the maximum time allowed to submit the paperwork.

Are you successful in losing large accounts?  Enjoy a workplace where upper management is paranoid of anyone with a brain?  Not afraid to take a gamble on a company that supports the weak because they can be easy manipulated?  If you're a person with no work ethic, lack self respect and are willing to lead a dishonest existence this is the company for you!

Best wishes to all future employees.  If you choose to ride in the clown car, you will thoroughly enjoy the three ring show!
Improving all the time
Anonymous (Current Employee) –  AnonymousSeptember 3, 2019
This is an exciting time to work at QSV. This company has lasted for forty years and expanded so much because they do what they do exceptionally well.
Sucks
Sucker (Former Employee) –  Refton, PAAugust 22, 2019
Do not ever apply here.
They should practice their core values as they only relate to management not that people that work for them.
They pretend to come off as this family run company and they will back stab you any chance they get.
Pros
Cons
Managment - cherly sellers
Flat out joke
Sales field manager (Former Employee) –  Portersville, PAFebruary 7, 2019
Place is so awful it's laughable steer clear never trust a word from any of them especially Dwight so extremely misleading and grossly underpaid. Honestly can not believe they're still in business
Pros
Zero
Factory Worker (Former Employee) –  Littleton, COJanuary 16, 2019
Everyone worked nicely together. It was always a fun time working there. The manager was great and we would also learn a lot. We would all eat together and it gave us time to catching up on what needs to get done that day.
Horrible company. Stay away!
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Thompsontown, PAJanuary 8, 2019
In your interview they do not fully disclose your day to day operations. You are hired as a “sales professional.” Literally the day before my start date I was told I need to purchase steel toe boots. You are a sales professional that is performing the same duties as someone that works construction. They provide zero training, you ride around in filthy vehicles and evaluate poor installion jobs and head off customer complaints. The sales manager would not stand behind the insatalls and the product when it would go bad for the customer. The disorganized office manager will send you a text message at 11:30 pm saying you need to be in a meeting at 7 the next morning, fully aware you have an hour drive. The morale is horrible, hence the turnover.
Do not mislead new hires. If its a construction position, then advertise it as such, don’t advertise it as a “sales professional” position and waste everyone’s time. Very embarrassing position.
No matter what QSTV’s response is there is no justification for wasting someone’s valuable time.
Pros
Cons
Too many to list
Lies, Lies and more Lies
N/A (Former Employee) –  BensonDecember 10, 2018
Unprofessional lying company and unfortunately it comes straight from the top. Lie, lie, lie is all they do and when you confront them about it they put their tail between their legs and run. I’d rather pay more for stone someplace else then to help this company grow
Encouraging culture
Puller/Packer (Former Employee) –  Benson, NCNovember 20, 2018
Friendly environment ( everyone is willing to assist).
It’s non stop work, but the atmosphere makes you want to push harder, keep up and work together.
Management is down to earth.
Pros
Not haggled for breaks ( understanding strenuous work).
Cons
Must be prepared, whether physically fit or not.
Junk
Installer (Former Employee) –  Refton, PAJune 9, 2018
Worked here in the early 2000’s. Immediate manager was a good guy. Some of the other people in management were good too, most were not. Worked myself stupid for this company. They make you do everything on your own. Got paid by the square foot. If you do a nice and tidy job, they would send you to specialized jobs that took longer to complete. Easy equation - job takes longer, make less money. The guys doing sloppy work by slapping stone on the wall got paid more. Another easy equation - work faster and sloppier, get paid more. I now look back (work in a union now) and can’t believe I put up with what I did at QSV. It was dehumanizing.
Pros
Working alone for the most part
Cons
Hard work, not much help from others, paid by sq ft, cheap company, must supply your own tools
Official response from Quality Stone Veneer
July 13, 2018

Thank you for the insight from your time with Quality Stone Veneer Inc. It is amazing to think how we have grown as a company since the early 2000s. Due to the same concerns you address above, we made the decision to move to a set hourly wage for our installers, while maintaining a quarterly incentive program. We believe this provides the best balance of giving our installers the security of a stable hourly rate with the opportunity to reward high performers.

Run don’t walk away from here!
Field Technician (Current Employee) –  PAMay 22, 2018
I have never seen a company micromanage to the extent of Quality Stone Veneer. Management is more worried of monitoring its employees behind the scenes instead of giving support to them.
Pros
Real looking veneer
Cons
Many
Family Atmosphere
Current employee (Current Employee) –  Refton, PAMarch 16, 2018
QSV really takes the time to train their employees. One of my favorite parts about QSV is the family atmosphere. The culture here is what really attracted me to the company. This company is willing to grow with you as an individual.
Pros
family atmosphere, the day goes by fast
Cons
Very stressful at times
Quality Stone Veneer
Estimating Scheduling Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Mooresville, NCFebruary 25, 2018
I really enjoy working for the company. Management and people are very understanding and easy to talk with. They do their best to accommodate the schedule of both the customers and the employees.
Not too bad
Inventory Specialist (Former Employee) –  Tower City, PAJanuary 29, 2018
Job is not too bad. Thing are particularly monotonous and management is not the best. Some tasks that you are asked to do seem very pointless and counter-intuitive. The people you work with do help make the job better and they are a good group.
great to be outside but stressful
SALES MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Refton, PADecember 7, 2017
quality stone veneer incorporated located in refton Pennsylvania manufactures and installs stone veneer in the mid atlantic and north and south carolina
Very stressful
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Benson, NCDecember 5, 2017
No real training and always rushing more mistakes because management is in competition everybody wants to be in control no job security work conditions are very poor
Not a good employer
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  North CarolinaNovember 8, 2017
Run away! Someone previously mentioned they hire people with no experience and expect them to fully understand the job with zero training. The HR dept. didn’t even have all necessary paperwork needed on day one for orientation. It’s a small company and coworkers tell lies to management you can’t trust anybody that works there. I heard a top level manager say it’s hard to get installers to work in the north because the “Mexicans” don’t like working in the snow. Terrible company.
Pros
Paycheck
No organization
General Laborer (Current Employee) –  Benson, NCNovember 3, 2017
This place is a complete joke. I work at the Benson NC plant. They will fire guys on a whim. But praise the ones that slack around. People riding forklifts instead of working. Management just sits in the office smoking if they came to work that day. My whole time consisted of working hard while others joked around or takes days off without warning. They will fire people but not hire...
Pros
Cons
Short break, poor management, low pay, off time without warning
Official response from Quality Stone Veneer
July 13, 2018

We appreciate the feedback! I am sorry to hear that your experience with Quality Stone Veneer Inc. was like you described. I am uncertain of your dates of employment, but we did have a management overhaul at the Benson plant in November 2017 that resolved these types of issues. We have confidence our current plant manager would not allow the work environment you are describing. We do always encourage our employees to bring these types of concerns to Human Resources so they can be addressed immediately.

Worst place to work
Assistant/receptionist (Former Employee) –  Mooresville, NCJuly 23, 2017
Working for this company was probably one of the worst decisions I have made. Management sucks and is very unprofessional, there is no type of advancement and also the pay is very low.
Do not work here!
Manufacturing/Operations (Former Employee) –  Benson, NCApril 1, 2017
Upper management is horribly lacking in procedure and knowledge. Expectations are unreasonable and pay is low. Turn over is HIGH. Stay away! This place is a disaster.
Pros
There are none.
Cons
No guidance, poorly run company, no job security, Awful!!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Quality Stone Veneer. Our community is ready to answer.

2.3

Ratings from women

2.5InHerSight Score

2.1Personal Development

2.9Career Opportunities

2.6Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight