Qualys Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Toxic work environment
Team Lead Pre-Qualification (North America) (Former Employee) –  Redwood Shores, CAJune 6, 2017
The environment at Qualys is toxic to say it politely. The Management is the root cause of this. They are squashed by the CEO every week and berated for not being as "perfect" as he is. This then causes other managers to throw other colleagues under the bus in hopes of not being blamed for poor performance. Also, there is a huge problem with Nepotism here. You'll end up either reporting or managing a "family member" of the CEO. They often times are not hard workers. If they do not like you for any reason, you will be on the CEO's bad side. In short, they have a great product, but a micro manager of a CEO who creates the negative environment. Not a healthy place for advancement or work life balance.
Management is great at providing Opportunities
Lead Business Analyst & NetSuite Administrator (Former Employee) –  Redwood City, CAApril 11, 2017
I started at Quays as a Customer Service Agent and was able to move up within the company with ease. My manager allowed me to have opportunities that I would not have had at other locations and due to her I was able to learn and become a great Netsuite Administrator.
- The hardest part was the work/life balance. Doing calls to the India team at 11pm PST and finalizing at 12:30am.
- I enjoyed most working with my team members and allowing us to all learn from each other.
- Healthcare is one of the best that I have had
Qualys
Principal Security Consultant (Former Employee) –  California USNovember 24, 2016
Fantastic experience! Everyone was super professional and extremely experienced. They all came from very diverse backgrounds which meant you had an opportunity to continually learn the new aspects of the business. Management was great and really experienced. I would work there again in a heartbeat
Pros
Financial possibilities. Advancement, travel, education, technology
Cons
Difficult life/work balance.
Excellent product and thriving industry
Business Qualification Representative (Current Employee) –  Redwood Shores, CAJuly 29, 2014
Qualys gave me the wonderful opportunity to start my career in Sales. As a SDR at a SaaS-based security company I was challenged to qualify cold/warm leads for PCI compliance, Vulnerability management and web application scanning. The Qualys product is very well engineered and a leading provider in the VM space. This made things very easy when marketing the product to prospective customers - get them to try a trial and they are sold!
Pros
Medical Coverage
Cons
Training/Guidance
Great Comp. to work for
Engineering Technician (Current Employee) –  New OrleansDecember 7, 2012
Best management I've had in my 20 years of working for any company.