QubicaAMF Worldwide

QubicaAMF Worldwide Employee Reviews in Mechanicsville, VA

Mechanicsville, VA11 reviews

Good experience and learning environment

Overall good place to work and good people , a lot of room for advancement and learning new things . Everyone is willing and eager to help you and give a hand ! One of the better places I’ve worked for sure ! Most people I’ve learned are career long here .

Pros

Decent pay and vacation and overall good job and environment

Cons

A lot to learn in a short period (the many roles, systems and data entry can be overwhelming but nothing you can’t handle)

No room for advancement

Lacking increases in pay. No room for advancement would rather hire externally. Will fire you if you get a injury even if on the job. Will deny workers comp.

QubicaAMF Worldwide insights

What people like
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Time and location flexibility
Areas for improvement
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Inclusive work environment
  • General feeling of work happiness

Productive, excellent training, great people

Excellent place to work. Great training for new employees. The people are awesome, very helpful and team oriented. Organized and good processes in place.

Comfortable work environment, family feel

A great place to work. The people are kind, and helpful. It's a family oriented business environment. It's a competitive place to work, all employees are encouraged to participate in all activities, and group meetings.

Worth the Money

The warehouse is not air conditioned, and the work is monotonous, repetitive and tedious. That being said it pays better than many unskilled labor jobs.

Fast-paced and filled with tasks

My typical day at work is not typical. It could vary from a simple phone call, to finding a shipment for a customer. Providing the most accurate information is the most crucial thing but after listening to a customer for many years, one begins to learn how to decipher what it is they need without asking too many questions. I enjoy my work family; we spend a lot of time together, solve problems and have a great chemistry.

Pros

Great co-workers

Cons

Needs more company morale events

Na

Realy no room to grow. They rather hire outside people rather than let other employees move up. Lack of pay raises. Nnanana nananananananananananananannanananananananananananananananananananananananananananananananananananananananaanananna

Pros

Paid Holidays, Some what Laid back Management

Cons

Low pay, no over time, no raises.

Productive but micro managing unnecessary

Most of your day will include constant picking and if you don't meet the minimum of lines per hour, you'll be written up. will have to meet with warehouse manager every day to make sure you will do better than before. They work on a point system 6 pts when you first start. If late no call .5 point taken. If absent with no note or asked to take off 1 point taken. If all points is used up before the end of month, you'll be terminated. All material handlers are dependent on orders that come in by customers. If there are no orders, you will be required to clean. If cleaning isn't your thing, then they'll find something for you to do. Talk less and do more, they say they don't believe in micro management, but they do it often. Seniority runs the place, If you've been there since the plant opened, they have the first say in everything.

Pros

cafeteria, nice people

Cons

micro managing, need to make quota, dependent on orders, clean often when there's no work.

floor associate building machines

The job is Very easy, fast paced and usually 10 hour days and about 5-6 hours on Friday. No room to advance..you just get switched locations with the same pay. when (if) someone gets a raise..everyone else does too (even if they haven't earned it, which seems unfair) Weekends off is a plus. Its a good temporary job for college students. The overall job is not taken as serious as needed, which can be frustrating to the people that actually want to get work done.

Pros

weekends off, easy work, laid back supervisors

Cons

No advancements, rarely chances for raise or promotion, job isnt taken seriously

Learning how to use JDE in writing programs and edits to maintain the quality of my position

A typical day at work, reviewing outlook to schedule my work load to handle all rush and urgent changes. Changes all bills of material required from ECNs. Scheduling in new material and expiring old material based on purchasing and manufacturing requirements. Editing 3 divisions to maintain parts, cost and pricing are correct for all divisions. Editing parts without cost. Working with Europe and USA for system changes. Loved my job, and the people I came in contact with. I never felt there was anything hard about my job. I always meet or exceeded due dates. Handled requests in timely manner even if last minute I completed on or before requirements.

Pros

I could work with or without supervision and always was show appreciation for my work.

Cons

I do not know anything that would stop me from going back or recommending this company to others.

Great place to work, everyone is very professional

The number one leader in manufacturing bowling equipment for the world.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at QubicaAMF Worldwide. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.3 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits