Queen Creek Unified School District Employee Reviews

Loved Working With Kids, but Very Poor Management
Nutritional Cashier (Former Employee) –  Queen Creek, AZFebruary 26, 2019
Loved working at the High School and with the kids. My manager was very rude and often mistreated employees she does not like. Often showed favoritism to some employees by letting them get away with things that she would Discipline other employees for doing the same thing. Manager would often talk about very In appropriate subjects where teenagers could hear. It was a very stressful place because of lack of good management. Left because management, and being very threatened and mistreated.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
Very Bad Management
Productive and fun workplace
Lunch Aide (Former Employee) –  Queen Creek, AZDecember 12, 2018
I enjoyed working at my school cafeteria during my lunch hour. It was great everyone enjoyed having me their everyday. It always got busy during lunch time so I had to be at the pace of the other students waiting to get their food. Never took my time when serving the students their food. The other employees helped me out a lot if I forget something like my hair net or that the food needs to be kept watch so that they don't burn. I did a lot of cleaning as well and always had fun doing it.
Pros
Free lunch, holiday parties, and rewards.
Good Place
Behavior / Instructional Paraprofessional (Current Employee) –  Queen Creek, AZNovember 19, 2018
Good Staff that wants to work with students. the growth in the town will increase the number of qualified teachers and staff in the district. Co-workers willing to help each other
Co-workers and office staff at various sites are usually friendly and helpful.
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee) –  Queen Creek, AZOctober 7, 2018
As a substitute teacher, I encounter many different people holding many different positions. I find that most teachers and office staff are helpful at the various school sites at which I sub.

The hardest part of the job is lack of information. As a sub who goes to many different schools, sometimes I need to know about the different things that are happening at the various schools. It would be nice if QCUSD would include all subs on their email list as just one way to make us feel included and valued as employees.
Friendly Welcoming Atmosphere
Aquatics Technician (Former Employee) –  Queen Creek, AZAugust 7, 2018
Great Place to Work
Great group of coworkers in the maintenance department
Full time year round work
Safe working conditions
If you like early hours,it is great
Pros
Early Hours
Cons
Pay
Needs work
IN SCHOOL SUSPENSION/EDGENUITY INSTRUCTOR (Former Employee) –  Queen Creek, AZJuly 15, 2018
Leadership is vital to all organization. That being said, it becomes absolutely necessary that ALL members in any leadership position understand their mission as it relates to students, school personal, parents and the community at large. First priority should be the overall culture of each and every facility as well as the central office to be one that inviting and engaged with the public.
Pros
Majority hard working employees
Cons
Culturally deficient
The people in this district are dedicated and kind.
Substitute teacher (Current Employee) –  Queen Creek, AZMay 25, 2018
Working as a substitute for the Queen Creek district has been one of the most rewarding jobs in my life. It has allowed me the flexibility to balance my family obligations with a job.

I have had the opportunity to work in a wide range of academic subjects and levels of learning.

The workplace culture is amazingly supportive.

The students are, for the most part, respectful and hard working.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Would not recommend
Child Nutrition Worker (Former Employee) –  Queen Creek, AZMay 2, 2018
Although i liked the ladies i worked with on a daily basis, the director was very hard to work for and the pay was low and they only allow non managers to work 4 hours a day and there were no benefits offered.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
bad managment
Great place to work.
Reading Specialist / Data Coach (Former Employee) –  Queen Creek, AZMay 13, 2017
QCUSD is a great place to work. The morale is great and the teachers are experienced. Additionally, the families that attend QCUSD schools are easy to work with.
Fun place to work
Special Education Teacher Assistant (Former Employee) –  Queen Creek, AZApril 19, 2017
Great place to work. Help the students achieve their future goals. Great communication with parents. They all work well as a team and want the best for their students.
Fun workplace
Assistant to the Varsity Softball Head Coach (Current Employee) –  Queen Creek, AZFebruary 9, 2017
I love working for Queen Creek High School. The work environment is tons of fun and the administration is fantastic. I work a few hours over in the afternoon and Saturday mornings. Working here has taught me to stay positive even though things aren't going the way as planned. I honestly enjoy coaching at Queen Creek it's something I look forward to after leaving my day job.
Pros
Fun Environment, Great Co-workers
Cons
At time late hours
Fun place to work
Food Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Queen Creek, AZFebruary 9, 2017
Working at the cafeteria was a great experience. Prepping the food for the kids lunch. Got to meet a lot of great kids. I learned how to portion out food. The employees were so much fun to work with. The management was great. The hardest part about the job was having to throw away the left over food. The best part was seeing the smiles on the faces of the kids when they saw what was on the line for lunch that day.
Pros
We got free lunches. A lot of teamwork.
Cons
The only con was having very little hours
Enjoyable climate with caring teachers and positive students
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Queen Creek, AZDecember 23, 2016
A typical day at work involved a 7:30 am arrival, teaching throughout the day, a short and hurried lunch, usually a meeting at the end of the day, and ending at 4:30 or 5:00 pm. I learned how to manage my time between planning, teaching, preparing paperwork for meetings, and working with colleagues. My co-workers were often overwhelmed with the stress of a second job to make ends meet so we had to lift each other's spirits often. The hardest part of my job was finding time to write Individual Education Plans while providing daily engaging teaching practices. The most enjoyable part of my job was being a part of children's lives and making a positive difference.
Pros
Same schedule as my children
Cons
Excessive amount of paperwork after hours
Great Environment, low pay
Computer Instructional Aid (Former Employee) –  Queen Creek, AZNovember 29, 2016
Administration is quite helpful and will get you answers if needed. Environment is enjoyable and focused on total care of the child. If the pay was equivalent to the work it would be ideal. If you have a low of sensitive immune system being around lots of kids is probably not ideal.
Pros
Environment, Staff, Structure
Cons
Pay
Easygoing workplace with friendly peers.
Student Cafeteria Worker (Former Employee) –  Queen Creek, AZJune 13, 2015
For the cafeteria crew anyway, it was a fun place to work while also attending the school as a student. Hardly ever tedious as there is quite the variety of things to work with and to make it worth the while, these things are usually fun to do and easy to get into. Not bad for a first cafeteria job experience. Not bad at all.
Nice employees and an overall good company to work for!
Bus Aide (Former Employee) –  Queen Creek, AZFebruary 11, 2014
I would show up at 6:45 and per trip the bus. By 7:15 the driver and I would go get the children. We had 7 kids total, 4 of them where in wheelchairs and 1 in a harness. I had to lock in the wheelchairs in a timely manner. 1 of the kids in a wheelchair had seizures every fer minutes. The child in the harness didn't talk and would star hitting herself and i'd have to restrain her. It was not easy, I'm 6ft and weight 155 but she was 13yrs old and weighed 125. I was picked because of my size because she liked to bit people, never did bit me tho. Pick the kids up and get them home safely.
The most enjoyable part of my day was the whole day. I liked being able to make a difference even if it was for a short time 5 days a week.