Queen Mary Employee Reviews

A good place
COOK (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CAFebruary 17, 2019
Depending on the day and if/when there's an event, management will let you know where you can park or if a shuttle bus will be available to get to the ship. Everyone is friendly, they provide food in the cafeteria which is completely free. During seasonal events, you are given tickets to go to the events. Most employees are friendly, others you have to watch out for. Being bilingual is a must. Some employees don't try to do their job as best as they can or feel entitled to slack off and that can contribute to how smoothly service goes.
Pros
Free food during break, ocean view, free tickets
Cons
Entitled Employees
Lots of history
customer service (Current Employee) –  Long Beach, CAJanuary 9, 2019
Always learn something new.
Everyday is exciting
Be ready to take any role
Guest are interesting and are connected to the Ship
You can easily get lost on this ship.
Maintenance Worker (Current Employee) –  Long Beach, CASeptember 18, 2018
I enjoy working at the Queen Mary its a very nice place to be for work I recommend many people to apply it is an awesome place for work don't miss out
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Short breaks
A place that a lot to learn and at the same time having fun on it.
Queen Mary 2 (Former Employee) –  housekeepingNovember 14, 2017
They conduct on board training every now and then to educate the crew.The management is also supportive and in terms of how to make the job easily they will ask suggestion as well on how to improve the process in the work.At first culture shock is there but after you adjust the workplace its just a fun and interesting how different people work as a team to create an enjoyable place for the guest to stay that they feel comfortable while they are in cruise.The hardest part being a seafarer is the rough sea of course but after that its fun and enjoyably that you will get to be in different part of the globe.
A great Place
Sales Associate and Usher (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CAFebruary 28, 2018
My experience at the Queen Mary was both challenging and exciting. There was no problem that our crew could not solve using team work. The supervisors ran a tight ship and were very fair overall.
happy but hard
Singa Ship Management Philippines (Current Employee) –  southamptomJanuary 5, 2015
my duty starts in the morning till evening as housekeeping im cleaning the public are , the cabin , the hall way , all area that the passenger will used we are assigned to keep it clean and accomadating.
ive learned many things , i encounter different kinds of people, different countries, how to mingle with them, how to be with them as a co worker, ive learned that in this kind of job you need a patience and hardworking.
the hardest part of this job was when i leave my family just to provide them what they need, and most importantly some circumstances criticism is always there, but for me even though how hard my job was, i gave my 110 percent in my job.
the most enjoyable in this job was you can go around the world and see different countries and culture
Pros
lots of foods
Cons
not enough salary but long working hours
The food and guests were a pleasure
Server/Bartender/trainer/ (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJune 18, 2017
I did not have a great experience in this job. I had never had to go months without pay before. It would take a month to get paid. We were not told the business was closing until the day it closed. It went from extremely busy to no business at all. I was very sad that I would not see all the regular guests anymore.
Pros
the guests
Cons
the management
Why I left the Queen Mary
Builing Engineer (Former Employee) –  Long Beach CADecember 12, 2011
I did not like the hours I worked two nights swing and two nights grave. My manager would keep me there after I had punched out ,sometimes for an hour after my shift to get briefing what happen that night during my shift.
Pros
queen mary was a nice place to work, management made it hard
Cons
management
Best work experience and benefits
Junior waiter and waiter (Former Employee) –  Atlantic oceanJanuary 19, 2017
I was working as a waiter on the Queen Mary 2. I was promoted three times in two years. My mother was diagnosed with cancer and came back home to take care of her.
Pros
Free living and food.
Cons
Long hours.
A fun but professional place to work in
Usher (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CAMarch 16, 2016
What I l learned is that it's very important to work as team. If you explain your situation in what ever it may be, the management will hear you out. The hardest part sometimes is the parking. It can get really crowded. I just enjoyed the atmosphere and how it made our gueast happy when they come visit.
Lack leadership,direction and not to trusted
Hospitality Manager (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CAJanuary 20, 2017
no direction, no planning, no teamwork, all about ego
Hired friends, who can't work evening and on holidays.
Management sugar coat to con hourly staff
Pros
staff
Cons
too many cons
Worst Management ever
Account Manager/Lead Event Coordinator (Former Employee) –  long beachSeptember 24, 2014
This place was crazy, they are not up to date on their computers or printers it made work so hard to do when you had to walk down the hall to print something, management changes all the time with new rules and their is no team spirit here its everyone for themselves
Pros
free lunch
productive and fun place to work.
Guest Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Long Beach, CASeptember 1, 2015
Typical day at work is helping the guest with their luggage and escort them to their room or help them to their part/event in one of the banquet room.
I gain great experience, people skills, and communication.
My colleagues and I get a long very well and we all help each other through out the busy days .
Hardest part of my job is having to assist with despondent guest.
I enjoy working with my colleagues
Pros
great hours, flexible schedules .
Cons
the salary, not great apportunities for promo
great work experience and loads of fun
Usher (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CAJuly 10, 2017
it was a really good experience , taught me how to become a public speaker also with my communication skills , if possible would love the pleasure of working there again
queen mary
Usher (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CAApril 28, 2017
great people .. positive environment good team work not enough hours but love to be around the ocean ...get to meet new people from all over the world
Pros
team work 100%
Cons
seasonally
a fun place to work
open day ambassador (Former Employee) –  CampusMay 25, 2017
Very good place to work where it was productive and interactive.
I learnt to interact with different age groups and was able to give advice on their worries.
The hardest part of the job was able to lead large groups of people through out the campus.
The most enjoyable part of the job was the ability to communicate with visitors in a richer way as well as share my enthusiasm for the university
Great Place
Server/Bartender (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CAMarch 31, 2017
Loved it , regret leaving. Good bosses fun coworkers. Great money if you hustle for it. Only downside is no real room for growth. You come in a manager or you never get promoted.
Pros
Free lunch good money
Cons
Seniority
awesome
Usher (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CAMay 21, 2015
geat place great food great atmosphere and a really fun place to work the staff is what makes it so much fun i loved working for dark harbor and CHILL
Good place to learn how to work in a fast pace.
Kitchen Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Long Beach, CAJune 11, 2015
The Queen Mary is a beast there is always something going on so it makes it a good place to learn how to think on your feet. the down side is there is not much room to grow.
Pros
free lunch, good pay, union.
Cons
not much room to grow.
Enjoyable
Accounts Payable and Revenue (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CAFebruary 2, 2017
I started out as Accounts Receivable as the company was taken over I moved to Tours Revenue. I learned how to do the revenue intake for the tours section of the Queen May. We mostly were too busy to talk but we had good relations between the workers. Well once again there are no hard parts but when I was given the position of Tours Revenue I had no idea on how to do that job but I learned and all went well.