Queens University of Charlotte Employee Reviews

Educational on all aspect
Office Manager, Student Financial Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCAugust 13, 2019
This position allowed me to assist students and the parents with questions of major concern. It gave me knowledge that I can continue to use even outside of the job. It is a rewarding position.
Friendly Environment, But Little Room for Growth
Assistant (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCAugust 4, 2019
I'll be honest ~ I love Queens University. Perhaps I'm a little biased since I was a student there, but I honestly don't know if you can find a better group of people in the Charlotte area. Unfortunately, people are only so much of a benefits package. What good is it to enjoy the people you work with if you aren't getting quality benefits or a competitive wage? Those are the main reasons I'm looking for employment elsewhere. Due to a lack of student applications, my job has been downsized to part-time of part-time. That means ZERO benefits.

So, be wary of working for Queens. They'll promise you the moon and stars, but all it surmounts to is lip service unless you have it in writing.
Pros
Work environment
Cons
Declining student applications
Productive and Fun Environment
Resident Assistant (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJuly 3, 2019
Working in Resident Life and Housing was a real treat. I learned a lot of great skills while I was working there. The people above me were very nice and always tried to make time for me when they could. Really sweet people work here.
Very fast paced work environment
Line Server (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJune 7, 2019
The company was very fast past steady my job was easy people and students very very friendly they also provided the students with great service and great food quality
Pros
Paid lunch
Cons
No break room
Flexible schedule, relaxed enviro., no room for advancement
Program Director (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMarch 3, 2019
Lots of opportunities to learn and grow laterally in a variety of roles. Small staff,easy to know every employee of campus. No room for promotion or to earn more. Difficult to get in unless you know someone who works at Queens.
Pros
Fridays off in the summer, gym on campus, tuition remission
Cons
low pay compared to siliar jobs in the marketplace
Queens
Service Desk Analyst (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCFebruary 26, 2019
A typical day includes walk-ins, phone calls, voicemails, emails and a ticketing system. First line of support. Will answer 75% of all tickets in the department.
Wonderful staff and lots of potential
Mid-Level Administrator (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJanuary 7, 2019
There is a lot of potential in this University. However, there needs to be more focus on the faculty and staff satisfaction and support. Many of the staff become burned out quickly because there is an expectation that everyone do everything.
Pros
Great time off options
Cons
Not enough staff for the university, so you must do everything.
Queens University of Charlotte
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCOctober 30, 2018
Low pay. Little opportunity for advancement. Faculty not very engaged with students. Some people get jobs as favors to others. HR is a mess. Need new leadership.
Pros
Free tuition
it was very productive and much fun
Cross Country and Track Assistant Coach (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCAugust 3, 2018
working at Queens University was super fun working with students athletes. We had lots of fun together traveling, team nights where we go to dinner and set goals together and much more other activities.
Pros
I have nothing to negative about Queens University
Overall positive experience
Director, Communications and Foundation Relations (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMay 13, 2018
Worked here for nearly 4 years and had a generally positive, rewarding experience that helped advance my career. Depending on the department and function, the culture can be closed and political. It is a work environment that is in many ways struggling to catch up with best practices, technology and current prevailing leadership philosophies in the workplace.
Staff and students
Communications Clerk/ Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMay 1, 2018
Other than the pay, I really loved the Job, I had the opportunity to meet some very nice people and working with the Staff and students was a amazing experience
Athletics culture needs improvement
Assistant Women's Basketball Coach (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCFebruary 20, 2018
The athletic facilities are great. The culture amongst coaches and management is not so much. There should be more events that promote synergy amongst coaches.
Great environment for somebody looking to be in sports
Gameday Operations Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJanuary 9, 2018
A typical day for this internship was just helping out all sports in any way possible. Tasks included game set up and take down, keeping scores, running clocks, recording games, to sideline help. I learned a lot from this position. Working in sports is a fast pace job sometimes but always takes team work. I met a lot of great people as well during my time in this position.
Fast-paced work environment
Athletics (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCDecember 28, 2017
Typical day at work includes managing day to day operations around team competitions, practices, and training. Oversight of personnel and compliance within NCAA guidelines. Partner with national and conference office regarding program schedules. Interact with professors, deans, senior leadership, and university president. Work with third party vendors. Special event planning and donor related engagement. Responsible for department budget.
Pros
location, facilities, program opportunities
Cons
limited resources, lack of upper management support
Adjunct Faculty (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCSeptember 17, 2017
The culture tends to be a bit unusual for an academic environment. On the one hand it is very business focused and on the other it is more academic in nature.
Great workplace
Assistant Men's Basketball Coach (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCAugust 13, 2017
My time at Queens has been wonderful. Athletic deportment does a great jog with coaches and also with student athletes. The athletic director maintains a great relationship with the community which generates a great fan base.
Fun place to work at
Faculty Member (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJuly 24, 2017
Nice coworkers and interesting programs. enrollment is an issue that some departments are struggling with. Students are easy to work with and mostly respectful to faculty.
Great Adjunct faculty job
Adjunct Faculty (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJune 28, 2017
I am a Queens Alumni...and I love working there as adjunct faculty. I have found that the contract portion is simple and the faculty support is excellent.
Stable and Quiet
Admissions Counselor Assistant (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJune 27, 2017
As an admissions counselor assistant, I sometimes acted as a front desk receptionist for the entire office, sometimes vetted potential students, and often answered questions for students who were interested in the school.
College campus work basically what you would expect
Gallery Assistant (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMay 28, 2017
Mostly filing and grunt work. I loved every minute of it. I got to pose ideas of what I thought was the best and I got to do it. Total autonomy was encouraged all the time. I was trusted with great responsibilities frequently.