QUEENSBOROUGH COMMUNITY COLLEGE Employee Reviews

Awesome place to work
Social Media and Marketing Intern (Former Employee) –  Queens, NYFebruary 28, 2018
It’s a great environment plenty of room for advancement. There is nothing else better than gaining experience by learning from people who have worked their way to the top.
Awesome
Intern (Former Employee) –  222-05 56th Ave, Bayside, NY 11364February 3, 2018
It was a great experience. Made me versatile for the job especially in highly challenging situations. Also made me aware of the culture as the QCC host different backgrounds of ethnicity.
good place
Adjunct CLT (Current Employee) –  Bayside, NYJanuary 25, 2018
Good place to work with students and staf/faculty.
Queesborough Community College has a wonderful workplace culture.
The most enjoyable part of the job is the location and the parking
Productive and Respectful surrounding
College Assistant or Workstudy (Former Employee) –  Bayside, NYDecember 14, 2017
Productive and Respectful surrounding. I liked the employees. There was never a hard time. There was such a good training given before I started the job.
Fun and productive
College Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bayside, NYDecember 8, 2017
Advisors were friendly, fun and helpful. You get to meet a lot of great people, and the environment is always fun. You received training on how to do the job, and effective constructive criticism so that you can know how to do better.
very productive
Registrar Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bayside, NYNovember 16, 2017
I was able to work and attend the college at the same time. Thus it was a good experience. I was able to work in various department ( ID. department, registrar office, assist students in the choosing of classes etc)
Pros
free lunches
Great work envirnment
Adjunct lecturer (Former Employee) –  Bayside, NYOctober 27, 2017
Great place to work to pad your resume. Plenty of opportunities to network and grow in academia. My positon was entry level, but I felt like a relevant member of the teaching team.
Pros
great place to work
Qcc ok
Assistant Custodian, Buildings & Grounds Dept (Current Employee) –  Bayside, NYOctober 26, 2017
Good job for someone that needs good benefits and security. Managers can't communicate and its unorganized. Pay can be better and merit raises are none existent.
Pros
Security, good benefits
Cons
Lack of advancement and low salary
Qcc
Bursar, Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  Bayside, NYOctober 26, 2017
Good job. Great Benefits, but not much of an advancement. There is alot of politics so if you don't mind it then its the job for you. Not to stressful only during the busy seasons is it stressful.
Pros
Relaxing, good pay, secure job
Cons
No advancement, not enough pay
Fun Workplace
College Assistant (Current Employee) –  Queens, NYSeptember 20, 2017
I used to work there 3-4 days a week.I learned how to coach other people and how to be patient with new people and I enjoyed working there. We helped each other as team pus my boss was really friendly which helped us more to work as responsible as possible.
Standard Routine for all clinical students.
Clinical Experience (Former Employee) –  Bayside, NYAugust 23, 2017
As clinical students we found this place to be friendly and enjoyable, we were able to practice many clinical skills such as health assessment and interviewing techniques.
Great Work Ethic
Counselor Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bayside, NYAugust 20, 2017
I worked as a summer counselor at Queens Borough Community College's Early Adult Continuing Education program. My employers and supervisors were kind and were very helpful with me to get me on track to be able to do my duties well without hassle. I learned a lot about proper work ethic and doing office duties. It was a great experience and if I could find another job working at queens borough I would in a heartbeat. Loved working there!
Pros
Relaxed Enviroment, Great Management, Great Coworkers, Great Work Ethic, Memorable Experience
Cons
Pay disperity
rewarding experience
Purchasing Agent (Former Employee) –  Queens, NYJuly 11, 2017
Queens Borough was a very rewarding experience for me.I wish every work environment was as good as the one i had a QCC. It is a great place to get some good work experience.
Learning center
Student Learning Center Tutor (Current Employee) –  Bayside, NY 11364July 3, 2017
Qcc is a very good place to work because they're very understanding of your schedule . Every semester they will ask for your updated schedule depending on your classes. I think it's a great place to work.
worked at Queensborough CC for 7 years.
Gym Attendant / Assistant Athletic Director (Former Employee) –  Bayside, NYJune 24, 2017
worked as a gym attendant. distributing clothes for students during physical education classes. Helped professors prepare for their classes. The professors were very nice and I learned a lot about them.
Pros
got to know some nice people
Cons
could be over whelming
Good place to work.
Adjunct Instructor, Mathematics (Current Employee) –  Bayside, NYJune 4, 2017
I enjoy working at Queensborough.

It is a highly professional environment. I would recommend the school to prospective teachers.

Parking spots are available.
Good Internship Opportunity
MECHANICAL ENGINEERING INTERN (Current Employee) –  Bayside, NY 11364May 16, 2017
A great college to pursue a STEM internship. The professors have a lot of networking capabilities to help you obtain your career goals. The tech fee internship is very flexible.
Pros
Work at your own schedule
Cons
Not enough hours
great place to work
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bayside, NYMay 8, 2017
Great environment and wonderful staff who are always ready to collaborate and do their part. A great place to work at. Learned people skills as well as organizational skills.
Conveinient
College Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Ideal LocationMarch 10, 2017
Good job for anyone in college who needs a little side job while on campus. In my last year of working there, I have learned a lot about what the school has to offer their students.
Pros
Flexible Hours
Cons
Not enough hours
a dead end with a window
Adjunct Lecturer (Current Employee) –  Bayside, NYFebruary 8, 2017
i learned a lot here, but it was up to me to get up and out sooner rather than later. After I got my degree, it was time to move on, which I am now doing. But if you stay there, you just get beat on the rocks until you realize you deserve better. Some of this I did to myself, but as a place, it is somewhat sad and needs to function as a temporary purgatory if anything.