Quest Diagnostics Employee Reviews

Found 3,777 reviews matching the search See all 3,833 reviews
Great place
Medical Technologist (Former Employee) –  Miramar, FLNovember 15, 2018
Excellent place to work. Great opportunity in my carrier. Worked in Hematology and blood bank. Great workplace and very professional. Excellent professional protocol.
National Laboratory Experience
Diagnostic Sales (Former Employee) –  Horsham, PANovember 14, 2018
I was inside sales because of a non compete agreement. The environment wasn't conducive to learning or forging employee bonds. The pricing was unfairly high for patients and it was difficult to hear patients talk to me about how they couldn't afford testing for a chronic illness.
Pros
experience in national lab
Cons
narrow minded management
Fun fast pace
Intern phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDNovember 11, 2018
Fast paced and rewarding everyone works together very family oriented company your constantly learning and you can always excel to the next position. Great company
Pros
Alot of down time
Great Company
Patient Services Laboratory Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLNovember 9, 2018
Enjoyed my time as a Supervisor at Quest Diagnostics in the Jacksonville Florida area. I was allowed the opportunity to excel and given complete autonomy. The only downfall is once you leave its very hard to return.
Excellent place to work for.
Phlebotomist /Medical Screener (Current Employee) –  Brownsville, TXNovember 9, 2018
Trust worthy place to be employed. NO tolerance of bullying. Company respects all employees and treated everyone is treated equal. I would appreciate to be employed full time for the company.
Pros
Enjoy working for the company
Cons
I wish to be hired full time.
Great Company, Poor IT Management
System Specialist (Former Employee) –  Lenexa, KSNovember 9, 2018
It is critical that management promote an environment where there is good communication between the team members and between teams. Upon hiring, I was told that everyone in the IT unit is a team player and that all the teams work well together. Wrong! I got caught between two managers having a turf battle. Lots of politics, lots of stress. Despite my concerns about not being provided training and documentation on the applications I was to support, my manager pretty much ignored me. Very shocking. I felt like I was tricked into getting hired. But it has been an important life lesson to me for future job interviews, to ask for concrete examples of how teamwork is nurtured and truly valued.
Pros
Decent pay and benefits
Cons
Poor leadership, office politics allowed to fester
I loved the traveling part and overtime
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VANovember 9, 2018
I loved the traveling and the different teams I worked with. The places I went plus I love working with the public and learning different skills. The job made me feel I can move up in the department.
Pros
nice hotel management well liked
Cons
not enough jobs
Nice place- Micomanagement
Patient Service Manager (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXNovember 8, 2018
Quest had great pay and great benefits. Micromanaged with and Iron fist. Cut Throat environment with liars, and evil people. Sales is Cut Throat as well. Careful working here!!!!!!
Pros
Pay
Great Company
Microbiology Manager (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WANovember 7, 2018
Great company to work for. The company offers many opportunities to its staff to develop and progress within the company ladder. Very good culture and structure.
Poor mangagement since Quest took over
Examiner I (Current Employee) –  Central City, KYNovember 7, 2018
Terrible management. One manager who is never in the office, covers two states.

You have to buy your own computer, printer, paper, ink, provide
your own car, gas, and have to buy your own butterfly needles that some clients need at 60 a box.

If you go outside your coverage area, good luck getting the extra pay.If you have no shows, you will never see the no show fee.

If you do remotes, you never know how many pay periods will go by before you get paid, so you have to keep up with it yourself, and if there are ones missing, you will have to bring it up several months later and wait two more pay periods to get paid.

You dont and wont know when you will get paid for them, and if you try to consult with manager on missing ones, you will get rude responses and insulting put downs.

It has gone downhill alot since Quest took over. No raises in ten years at a time,and if you ask, there are always excuses like we are overbudget or we just can't now.

You will not be paid for processing, filling out paperwork, drive time, and basically it's minimum wage by the time it's all said and done.

Examiners used to be treated like family, given christmas gift cards with a letter of appreciation, be paid for what you did without missing exams each time, be paid without worry for milage bonuses and no shows, now you are treated as a peon and with no raises.

Very sad what has happened. Agents are complaining as well. It has gone downhill.

Hope the CEO reads this, if he has a heart, something will be done outside the almightly dollar.
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
too long to list
it ok
Mobile Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORNovember 7, 2018
I am to work 30 hours a week so far I have worked a total if 30 hours in a 6 week employment period which is very frustrating almost seems like you were misinformed.
Nice people, great supervisors.
Courier (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDNovember 7, 2018
Best job I’ve ever had except for the hourly rate of pay.
Loved the freedom of being on the road. My coworkers were good people. The benefits were awesome, with a bonus quarterly and goal sharing yearly. It’s a very important job, and it shouldn’t be taken lightly though the hourly pay doesn’t reflect exactly how important the job is. I overall loved working for Quest Diagnostics.
Pros
Bonus every 3 months and the benefits are good
Cons
Time sensitive
amazing
Cytology - Rep. Anatomic Pathology Resolution (Current Employee) –  FloridaNovember 7, 2018
relax people are friendly benifits are great like the work i do
client contacts are great feedback
every day is different
most enjoyable thing of working at Quest Diagnostics everyone is like family
Productive and interactive work place
Client Engagement Representative (Former Employee) –  Novi, MINovember 7, 2018
I enjoyed working at company and encourage anyone searching for a new career to apply. There a numerous small group initiatives that were put in place to promote team work. This is a great tool when building a congrussive company, it really works.
Pros
Committed to excellence
Cons
New processes were sometimes implemented that were not will thought out and later changed.
Factory Laboratory
medical technologist (Former Employee) –  Teterboro, NJNovember 6, 2018
This was not the place of employment for me. It is a factory style laboratory. I was only employed there for 6 months but there doesn't seem much room for advancement there. Each laboratory tech performed the same assay for the 6 months I worked there. Very boring.
career growth is not supported & job eliminations are frequent
HR (Former Employee) –  FloridaNovember 6, 2018
"Management" supports restructuring of teams and job eliminations, these decisions are not business based--but personal. Management also supports hiring external talent versus growth/support of current employees.
its a job
Specimen Processor (Former Employee) –  Wood Dale, ILNovember 5, 2018
its a job to collect a pay check! very bad management unprofessional (Wood dale,IL) minimum pay 12$ which is very low comparing what you do for 12 hours straight mandatory overtime.
Pros
Benefit
Cons
management
Stressful place
Assisting clients (Former Employee) –  Teterboro, NJNovember 5, 2018
It was a great life and work experience sometimes it was TOO PROFESSIONAL mangers did not encourage a work friendly environment. The job it=self was stressful enough jsut dealing with the fact that you have patients results in your hand and having to deal with hippa rules and regulation and then not being able to think like a patient sometimes.
Pros
Great Location commute was not hard
Cons
Management was not friendly and sometime very unprofessional
Very stressful
Insurance Telephone Interviewer (Former Employee) –  Lee's Summit, MONovember 4, 2018
Stressful and required overtime hours. Lunch break was 30 minutes. Customers yelled at you on the phone. The workers comp policies arenot fair and inhumane.
Pros
It was a job
Cons
required overtime
Productive snd fun workplace
Specimen technician (Former Employee) –  Teterboro NJNovember 4, 2018
Cool and nice environment. Cool people and a great place to work. Good benefits and fair salary. Night shift can be hectic Especially when first hired.
Pros
Good place to work. Cool people and fair salary
Cons
Night time shifts can be hectic. Especially when first starting

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Quest Diagnostics. Our community is ready to answer.

51.3K
41.1K

See reviews about

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score
TOP25%
In the Top 25% of similar size companies

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Quest Diagnostics.

Powered by Comparably