Quest Diagnostics

Quest Diagnostics Employee Reviews

United States5,835 reviews

Found 5,835 reviews matching the searchSee all 5,925 reviews

Good place to work for

Supervisor was good and worked with you well. Paid well and closed for inclement weather. Co workers were team players and willing to help whenever needed

Pros

hours good

No micro management

No micro management is the best part. Come to work, do your job, and go home. Simple as that. Don’t get involved with drama. It’s hard to keep staff though cause most people don’t wanna work anymore

Pros

Atmosphere

Cons

Super busy times

Quest Diagnostics insights

Based on 2,914 survey responses
What people like
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Clear sense of purpose
Areas for improvement
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Sense of belonging
  • Support from manager

Do not come here

Mentally draining , spend 8 hours or more calling people and harassing them to do services they can do with their own doctor , everything is numbers , you must make appts or you get written up and coached … I feel like we are treated like children instead of adults , just horrible , really calling the same people from different health /same health plans on the daily , favoritism and competition to pit us against each other to see who can get the most appointments so childish , we aren’t even patient care coordinator we are just simple schedulers or customer service reps.. they just try to make it nice and give us this fancy title…high turn over rate, new hires come and go , not such a great job wouldn’t recommend I could go on and on but I have I clock in soon …sigh

Lots if Work

Not much guidance . When turnover happens it is all at once. Can get by better with charm then work/ambition. However, flexible for those with children and/or other family obligations.

Excessive work with low pay

Management expects employees to do more and more each day without pay compensation. Now adding on electronic check-in for patients that does not reduce waiting time for patients.Their goal is for each phlebotomist to check in, process patient order, draw patient, process samples, prep room for next patient, call next patient all within 10 minutes not taking in consideration of degree of draw , language barrier,etc.Have seen a lot of phlebotomist start at Quest and leave as soon as they feel comfortable as a Phlebotomist. Pay starts around $16.00/hr. Yearly raises are between .35 and .55 cents an hour.Healthcare is horrible!!! Majority of workers use spousal insurance.

Pros

Bonus at end of year based on company revenue

Cons

Healthcare, workload

Must be experienced for this company

The work is similar to Labcorp just very different in regards to computer software. They also use proprietary tubes for their specific machines. You actually have to learn your order of draw and tube preparations. Not a company for someone directly out of school or someone who has less than 2 to 3 yrs experience.

Great Co-Workers

Co-Workers were always willing to offer me help as was management. My supervisor was always there to offer help. For a part time job it worked out very well.

Beware of the Logistics Department very Discriminatory

A place with limited growth and overall favoritism. Everyone either has a connection by family or are sleeping with someone in management, which is typical of most call centers.

Fast-paced environment

Time sensitivity is critical in the testing facility. Be sure to adjust to learning accuracy and precision as a constant. Nice employees. Great facility.

amazing

quest is one of the best companies i have worked for. they have great staff, benifits, 401k, understanding when it comes to days off, and always there when i needed them.

Pros

ben, pay, 401k

Cons

Learn new things but terrible work environment.

I enjoyed learning new things in my scope of field and testing techniques. It is just terrible because management is terrible and creates a toxic environment where there are no repercussions for it. Management has been there for 10+ years so their heads are in the clouds instead of reality.

Productive and job security

Fast paced, mixed culture, great atmosphere, and was expected to complete quota. Overall this is usually achievable, and you stay busy which is nice.

Fast paced

good company to work for overall. complaints. Pay could be higher, will not work with your schedule at all. You have a lot of responsibilities on the job besides doing phlebotomy.

Ok

Work hard just like any medical job and not always given what you deserve pay is so so for phlebotomy. Workers do feel over work under paid but again it’s not much different from other companies. Do provide regular uniforms and descent benefits. Could use a manager there for nights it’s not always safe on your own.

Stressful environment unorganized

I have learned alot over the past 25 yrs and I practiced putting the patient first at all times! Quest is not a bad company they are just in it too much for the money ! And are not willing to try change to better their departments and all their unhappy employees that are not compensated properly they do what they want to do for a selective few!

I guess for a start

If you just want some call center experience I would work.. horrible management, 100 calls per day for 16/hr , pretty flexible with time off , this place is all about number

Being on my own. I make my own decisions and calls on a daily basis.

Quest is a great company. Patient services and quality is at the top of the list. I would just like to be closer to home and a safer area to see my patients.

Good people and work environment

Very busy lab but great people to work with.Benefits are standard and PTO is generous.Overall I genuinely enjoy working for quest diagnostics and would recommend others to do so as well

Good

Good place for start. Opportunity to learn new skills, experience. Salary rate is good now...you need to train students... Quest lost many employees..

Work load

Very very light load. Only work 2-3 hours per day and still have to sit around and wait for your shift to end with nothing else to do. Don’t get me wrong it can be cool at first but it does drain you when you just sitting in an office not doing anything for 5-6 hours a day.

Horrible place to work in.

They do not care for you in this company, managers and leads lack communication, as well as knowledge, they try intimidate you with false information. Do not recommend. This company has many valuable employees, but Quest Diagnostics does not deserve them.

Common questions about Quest Diagnostics

Answered by current and former employees at Quest Diagnostics

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Quest Diagnostics. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.6 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Ratings from women

2.7
InHerSight Score
2.4Personal Development
3.2Career Opportunities
2.6Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight