Quest Diagnostics Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
51.3K
41.1K
Found 3,661 reviews matching the search See all 3,715 reviews
Hardest part of the job is dealing with our own mgt.
RSR Route Service Driver (Current Employee) –  Mt. Holly, NJSeptember 18, 2018
Terrible mgt makes a dull job difficult. Getting help is left up to my fellow employees. Call in with a problem and no one answers the phone. You are pretty much on your own.
Pros
you are on your own
Cons
cut throat managers
Average out-patient lab job.
Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Laurel, MDSeptember 18, 2018
Overall they are a okay company to work for. I like the ipad for sign in and for the most part we provide quick and courteous service. We are provided scrubs at no charge that is a major pro.
Overworked and under appreciated
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXSeptember 18, 2018
Very strict about collecting payments from ALL patients. More worried about getting money than making sure patients are happy. Management does not genuinely care about employees. Overworked and under appreciated.
Pros
Insurance
Cons
Overworked, under appreciated
very good
Medical Lab Technologist (Molecular) (Current Employee) –  Teterboro, NJSeptember 17, 2018
i like it
i am working in molecular ,
too much work but organized every one know what he is doing,
training and continues education
nice environment ,
Productive work place
Patient Service Represenative II (Current Employee) –  Arlington, TXSeptember 17, 2018
At Quest Diagnostics phlebotomist are in a patient-focused role where it is very essential to remember that there is a life and person behind every test tube. Very fast paced working environment.
bias workplace
Medical Laboratory Technician (Current Employee) –  Teterboro, NJSeptember 17, 2018
preferential treatment is given to certain cultures. It is not an equal oppertunity employer. it is more who you know, college degree don't mean anything.
Pros
close to home
Cons
bias
productive workplace
Route Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNSeptember 16, 2018
Great place to work. Mostly everybody is friendly. they offer great training. They gives raises every 6 months based on your quality of work and how many days you are late or on time.
Great job security and benifits
Medical Lab Technologist (Current Employee) –  Wood Dale, ILSeptember 16, 2018
Quest Diagnostics has great benefits and stock options. People that work for Quest usually stay with the company for many years to come. You definitely get job security working here.
good company to work but less increase of wages.
Associate processor/ Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDSeptember 16, 2018
Good company to work with .However they never give you enough incentives such as increase your salary a year. Only increase work but pay less. I've been there for 5 years . Only the upper management got more increase than us.
However their benefits are great.
Pros
good company
Cons
less pay and increase more task
All good things must come to an end
Forensic Processing Technician I (Former Employee) –  Lenexa, KSSeptember 15, 2018
Quest is an amazing company to work for. With the family-like atmosphere, entry level positions and flexible hours, what more could you ask for? At the time, I was a part of the Brazil project. A typical day consisted of coming in, clocking in on the temp time clock, greeting the team, setting up at my desk, having a quick meeting with the supervisor and team members and starting the day. Before the Brazil project ended this summer, I was transferred out to another department at lesser pay which was the sole reason for my departure from Quest. Overall, I’ve enjoyed my experience and the many different things I’ve learned over the past year. I’ve experienced a tremendous amount of growth and I couldn’t thank them more. However, they tend to let a lot of temps go to cut back on costs, especially most recently. I’ve seen a lot of new faces disappear only after 2-3 months of being there. Also the overtime fluctuates; one month you might be able to get as much overtime as you want and the next month they’re telling you to come in on time and leave on time. Other times the overtime is mandatory which could be up to 2-3 hours.
Pros
Social events, lunch cards, flexible hours, shift differential, lots of overtime during certain times of the year, employee recognition, birthday celebrations, company paid events
Cons
Lay offs, sometimes too much overtime especially if you have a family, pay cut
fast pace
Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDSeptember 15, 2018
ok place to work. iop is the best place to work. pt service centers is a place that you want to work urine drug screens and wanna do kids abd elderly people.
very busy place to work with very little breaks
Patient Service Representative II (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 14, 2018
I learned that even if you have been with this company for years you can still be fearful for your job everyday. Supervisor not willing to transfer you even though there are other jobs.
benefits
Cons
not being able to transfer if needed
Training
Field Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Syosset, NYSeptember 14, 2018
Training at Quest is very good every are well trained to do their job.
Systems are user friendly and management are hands on when it comes to helping out the workers.
exciting and fast paced workplace
MEDICAL LABORATORY TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKSeptember 14, 2018
very exciting and past paced workplace, with advancement opportunities; hardest part of the job is working overtime unexpectedly; most enjoyable is working with patients and doctors.
Learned a lot from quest
Phlebotomist II (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXSeptember 13, 2018
Quest was great to work for until we got new higher up management and a lot of our old supervisors left. Leaving quest i learned a lot and got a lot of training on different areas of testing. I also trained a few new hires at different locations which is why i traveled. A typical day at work was seeing anywhere from 60-120 patients a day with 3 on staff. It was very fast paced but it made the day go by quicker.
workplace culture
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  IllinoisSeptember 12, 2018
It was very hard to be put in one place in Illinois. Lots of travel, no gas reimbursement. You were expected to go were needed.I enjoyed the people contact and co workers.
I believe its a good company and just need a little tweek here and there. They do expect a lot of work and training out of the phlebotomy staff. They need a front desk person to answer all questions so we can take care of the patients better.
poor culture
Physician Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Eugene, ORSeptember 12, 2018
This company is all about profit. Do not listen to its employees. To many levels of management. Disconnect with the field and operations.

There are opportunities, but it is a not friendly to new employees.
Review
Medical lab technologist (Former Employee) –  Teterboro, NJSeptember 11, 2018
For new graduates without prior experience, it is a good opportunity to learn new knowledge and experience. The workload is very high and the salary is very low.
Fast paced and high stress!
Forensic Scientist 2 (Current Employee) –  Lenexa, KSSeptember 11, 2018
You compete for points each day, slow days or slow shifts mean you are a poor worker compared to those workers that have work available to them. The management only approaches you, if you did something incorrect; there is not positive enforcement at all. Annual raises are 1-2% a year.There are no regular shifts, every worker has to work every weekend unless you use vacation time.
fun place to work at
Quality Assurance Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Chantilly, VA 20151September 10, 2018
A good working environment with career advancement. the management empowers you to make decisions. I enjoyed working here and learned a lot over the course of my career.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Quest Diagnostics. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

3.8Fairygodboss Score

75%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

75%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss