Quest Diagnostics Employee Reviews

Found 3,876 reviews matching the search See all 3,934 reviews
Mobile Phlebotomist
Lead Manager/Examiner (Current Employee) –  TexasJanuary 18, 2019
This company has room for growth, it is a great opportunity to gain experience in all avenues of the healthcare industry as it pertains to the medical laboratory services.
work experence
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Queens, NYJanuary 16, 2019
i enjoy working at quest and queens hospital center. i had to leave due to ny wife got sick .and have to move to florida with i give up every thing .and move to florida. but i am happy for now but i need to work now she is much better.i am looking foward in using my skill i am good in what i do.and it makes feel i am doing a service to others and my self.
Pros
yes we get free lunch at times by our manager
Cons
we all get donus at the year end
Fast paced job
Specimen Processing Technician II (Former Employee) –  Troy, MIJanuary 15, 2019
Must be able to multitask, enter patient information, order testing, identify correct specimen for each test ordered, process specimen according to test.
Great Learning Environment
Physician/Hospital Territory Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Denver, COJanuary 15, 2019
Quest has been a wonderful learning experience and has been a great way to get into the healthcare industry.

Quest has a hard time between life and work balance, there are to many fire drills and you are suppose to respond to emails any time and day of the week
Prefer not to comment
Phlebotomist II (Former Employee) –  GAJanuary 15, 2019
Workload was heavy and people were great to work with but time spent traveling Was difficult. Pay was good and management was accessible. Enjoyed working at one location more than being sent around to different locations. Gives you the ability to get to know the other staff members as well.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Time spent traveling on roac
Great job
Specimen Processor (Current Employee) –  Teterboro, NJJanuary 14, 2019
Quest has a great work environment for the graveyard workers, they go above and beyond to make sure everyone is comfortable and have everything you need to succeed.
Pros
Great and comfortable work environment
Cons
Overnight shift
N/a
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 13, 2019
Very little room for advancement. Would only recommend for someone who would like to use this as a stepping stone to advance in another area of medicine,
Fast Paced and stressfull
Patient Service Representative II (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJanuary 12, 2019
Performed daily activities of the Patient Services Center phlebotomy accurately and on time; Maintained a safe and professional environment; Performed with confidence, both the forensic and clinical specimen collection and processing duties following established practices and procedures; Maintained required records and documentation; Demonstrated organizational commitment and promoted a positive image to patients, clients, employees and the public in general.

Low pay for the amount of stress put on by the company, lower management and the patients. The Patient Service rep is the backbone of Quest Diagnostics.

Most Enjoyable part of the job:
working as a team, talking with patients and making friends with the "regulars", able to advance with the company.
Pros
great benefits and paid time off
Cons
very very stressful
Client services rep1
Patient Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Lenexa, KSJanuary 11, 2019
Not as easy to move up as they say.. they pick favorites and advance them while still coming to you to do more than your job. It was an ok job! I feel like if I didn’t have a family it would’ve been ideal
Driver/Courier (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJanuary 11, 2019
Typical day flew by. Pretty much easy going. The work place environment was great. Really was no hard part about the job. Paid holidays off were great.
Pros
Paid Holidays
Cons
Flexibility to a point
nice to be able to work on your own
RSR (Courier) (Former Employee) –  Wood Dale, ILJanuary 10, 2019
A fairly steady daily schedule and the ability to work on your own without supervision. Nice work in summer with the nicer weather is a plus. Rain and snow is not always fun but still not bad.
Pros
Very nice work when the weather is good. Not too much pressure.
Cons
Job could be stressful depending on the location of route. Traffic is sometimes busy.
n/a
Patient Service Group Lead (Current Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLJanuary 9, 2019
What I learned is that if you are interested in learning and growing within the department, it's available as long as you work hard. But if you want to venture out into a different department, it's the most difficult experience I've had in years.
a typical day a work
Phlebotomist Technician (Current Employee) –  Tucker, GAJanuary 9, 2019
I am who patients see first when they arrive. I shape their opinion about the company. Quest helps me preform the skills necessary to retrieve patient info, verify insurance info, accept payments, blood draws, specimen collection, processing specimens. While performing customer service
A typical day
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Wheaton, MDJanuary 8, 2019
A typical day would begin by me arriving at my first site for the day which was a half a day at a doctors office as a quest diagnostics in office phlebotomist (IOP). There were very few blood draws done here each day but the work station was very small and a lot of the time I would draw patients in the bed in the exam rooms rather than having them walk to my work station in the rear of the office. After my half a day I then took my lunch break and then proceeded to a Patient service center (PSC) to complete the remaining work hours. These sites were rather busy a lot of times depending on the lab location. I learned to work with a wide range of personalities and work skills. This was important because we worked as a flowing team with each person having a task and rotating the work load. The hardest part of the job was working behind someone else's work because sometimes the phlebotomist would not have drawn enough blood or specimen type in order for it to be properly processed and by the time you realized this the phlebotomist might be gone or the patient was gone. The most enjoyable part of the job was the company provided all employees with numerous and various uniforms and the retirement plan was great. Also I learned a lot here that bettered my skill set a lot because we did a wide range of tests that a lot of other labs do not perform on site.
Pros
Company provided uniforms, and ample workers
Cons
Supervisors not being readily accessible when needed, not room for growth once your're in a position
Very easy job, but management is terrible
Specimen Processor (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXJanuary 8, 2019
The worst thing about Quest is the management. They will destroy anyone with any potential. You can only advance if you are a good slave that sucks up to management.
Pros
Insurance, pay.
Cons
Terrible leadership, terrible manager, HR is non-existant, you get retaliated on, group leaders call processors names and do it openly for others to hear!
It was and okay place to work
Packaging Specialist (Former Employee) –  Santa Ana, CAJanuary 8, 2019
Not sure what to put down
Besides it being a very fast pace environment
No other females were working with me
So many items to memories
I learned everything prettty quickly
Pros
Free lunches once in a while
Cons
Very short breaks
management is really good.
Specimen Processor (Current Employee) –  4447 Regent Blvd, Irving, TX 75062January 7, 2019
Quest is really a good company to work for. Management is really cooperative. I learned something new and informative while working at this company. i enjoyed working at quest diagnostics only reason i am leaving or wanted to leave the company because i am looking something in first shift.
Boring place to work.
Supply Replenisher (Current Employee) –  Lenexa, KSJanuary 7, 2019
It's not a job that takes a lot of thought, but this also means that it's not mentally stimulating. There is room for advancement if you seek it, but the training will not come from within the company.
Most Enjoyable Part of the Job
Financial Analyst (Current Employee) –  Secaucus, NJJanuary 5, 2019
The most enjoyable part of working for this fortune 500 company is the people and company culture. There are flexible working hours and an open door policy. This makes work enjoyable and building working relationships easy.
Miramar/miami location
Senior Technology (Former Employee) –  Miramar, FLJanuary 4, 2019
poor management, short staff and all over worked, not allowed to take all PTO before expire due to short staff, long and unstable hrs., Unstable enviroment, very high employee turn over.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Quest Diagnostics. Our community is ready to answer.

51.4K
41.1K

Women's ratings

3.8Fairygodboss Score

75%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

75%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss