Quest Global, Inc. Employee Reviews

Best company ever for team drivers
OTR Tractor Trailer Driver (Former Employee) –  Cartersville, GADecember 5, 2018
This place is an amazing place to work but only for team drivers . I decided team driving was not for me and they did not ja e anything solo available so I was forced to leave. They are fair and really enjoy interacting with their drivers dispatchers and breakdown any office staff is easily accessible.
Pros
Paid home time every month
Cons
No solo positions
Good people, want you to make money
Driver (Former Employee) –  Cartersville, GAFebruary 18, 2019
Good group of people. They know how to successfully manage trucks so that we didn't sit and waste time.

The manager knows how to time manage to help you utilize your time and make all the money on the road that you can. Terminal has all the amenities that a driver needs.
Pros
Made money
Cons
very fast pace
Local Management a joke
Lead Engineer (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INSeptember 15, 2018
Poorly operated. Upper level management have no knowledge of the business nor customers needs. They would promise the impossible and try to make employees to accomplish it. Due to their lack of honesty with clients workload was cut creating a defecate in the budget which management responded to by laying off skilled higher paid workers to correct the budget. However they let go of their senior level workers replacing them with inexperienced workers.
Pros
corporate level and hr
Cons
plant level management was useless a
Poor Management
Engineer (Current Employee) –  Windsor, CTJanuary 11, 2019
I've worked for QuEST for a number of years and nothing seems to change. Management has no idea what they are doing and shuffle people around like cattle without any thought of the repercussions. Solid spot to work for 2 years then leave.
Work depended on your manager
Project Engineer (Former Employee) –  East Hartford, CTAugust 3, 2018
QuEST could be a much more pleasant place to work in, if all managers understood each of their employees' statements of work. The culture there seems to promise one thing and easily break those promises, or have a change made disguised as improving the business. It is most definitely dependent on whom you have as a Program Manager and Team Lead. They make up for this in flexible/work-life balances.
Love this oppertunity
PROCUREMENT / TEAM LEADER/ TECHNICAL LEADER (Former Employee) –  Windsor, CTOctober 22, 2018
Quest has a very balanced work environment. You will be able to achieve great success here. I learned a lot, built a strong network and had fun doing it.
Pros
Free lunches as a reward for meeting company goal and celebrating
Cons
Amazing Company to work for.
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Tunnel Hill, GAJuly 23, 2018
Quest is without doubt the best trucking company I've ever had the chance to work for. Their management is fantastic, dedicated to providing you the miles you need to make a great living, dedicated to doing so in a safe manner, and dedicated to giving you the time you need outside the truck for family and life-quality.

They will work you hard. They are a coast to coast, team driver orientated company. But they make sure the benefits and time off are there to compensate you for the work that you do.

Leaving Quest was hard. If it wasn't for a combination of medical issues (for both my driving partner and myself) I would be there today.
Pros
Great equipment, great benefits, fantastic hometime, great pay.
Cons
Coast to Coast, lots of snow driving, hard turnarounds.
It once WAS a great company to be at.
Driver Manager (Former Employee) –  Kennesaw, GASeptember 28, 2018
This once was a great company to work for but no longer is. They are now no different then any other trucking company. Employees were friendly but you were told to lie to your drivers. And that is not acceptable EVER!!!
Pros
Close to home
Cons
No job security
Great place to work.
Over The Road Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Kennesaw, GASeptember 25, 2018
Woke up with a message from our DM, stating the weather situation for that day, reminders and to be safe. the work culture was up beat and a healthy work envirment. i was sad to go, but my situation prevented me from staying.
Pros
everything
Cons
cant think of one
Good for two kinds of people...
Senior Engineer (Current Employee) –  Windsor, CTJuly 14, 2018
QuEST is a good place for two kinds of people:
1) Entry level engineers who are looking to gain some experience
2) Experienced retirees who want so supplement their retirement

Working as outsource labor, you are expected to do competent, if not spectacular, work. The bar is set pretty low to do a good job, and you can only bill the customer for 40 hours of work per week. Thus, the job is pretty low stress, but the pay is well below average. Lots of entry level people work for QuEST for a couple of years, then go to work for the customer for much higher pay.

The HR department is based in India, which means very rigid decision making and inscrutable explanations. Raises and promotions are annual, set by people on the other side of the planet, with limited flexibility given to your actual managers.
work under pressure
Quality Engineer (Former Employee) –  Lansing, MIAugust 29, 2018
I feel that the organization is not optimized, and training is at its course, with time it will be a great company to work for. I have left the company while under training, due to school schedule and work hours conflict
Pros
great benefits
Cons
none, a continuing growing company
(OTR) Over the road truck driver (Former Employee) –  GeorgiaAugust 27, 2018
not working long enough for company. changed companies due to team driver requirements and personal reasons. Partner had to relocate to different area for work.
Pros
not working long enough for company
Cons
not working long enough for company
Isolated Contractors
Quality Analyst (Former Employee) –  Brea, CAJune 18, 2018
Team leads may have little to no experience as managers and it feels like you are employed on an island and getting reliable information is difficult at best. HR is nonexistent as support and you are the beck and call of the customer. There is no future to grow in the company as a contractor. If you need a job or are early in your career it can be a first great step but I would otherwise strongly advise against working for this company.
Semi-Driver
Over the Road Driver (OTR) (Former Employee) –  Cartersville, GAOctober 25, 2018
My fiance' and I drove team with Quest and the communication skills from the company was excellent. There was a lot of opportunity to run long and make good money.
Pros
Money
Cons
Not home very often
Ok stepping stone
Project Engineer (Current Employee) –  Windsor, CTAugust 13, 2018
If you're graduating college this could be a good resume builder but that's about it. The best part about this job is the extreme flexibility in hours depending on your role.
Pros
Resume builder
Cons
Benefits, compensation, work life, ran from over seas
Great Job Flexibility to work in Office and from Home
Assistant to the Accounts Payable Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 24, 2018
The management has lack management Skills, not able to communicate with staff in a timely fashion and sometimes not at all. It is a free culture as long as work is focus on. You have the capability to work from in the Office or Home with Approval except for Fridays are from home. Hardest part of the job is no structure or management ability to Communicate. The company caters to the family life more than work .. based off favorites.
Pros
Flexibilty and small company
Cons
Favoritism over fairness
Job wasn't bad, salary was bad
CSR (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 24, 2018
The job is ok, it's good to help people, this is a call center for tows. People get stranded and we would find a company to find them and tow them back to a nearby repair shop based on the contract they had with their provider, IE:AAA
Pros
It was a payng job
Cons
didn't pay much
No real opportunity for advancement
Project Engineer (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, INJune 7, 2018
There was no real opportunity for advancement at Quest. You get on the job they put you in whatever specialized field they want you at and you have to work there. I was a Computer Engineer Major and I was working with Project Management work. No code, no technical work no nothing. I can work on Microsoft Excel in my sleep.
Not a good place work, high turnover by employee choice vs employer
Designer Checker (Current Employee) –  Chula Vista, CAMay 13, 2018
never heard of Quest -Global, I worked for Goodrich Aerostructures, which became UTC and has gone down hill ever since. I was told by former lead that UTC was using Quest to bring people in. He started the ball from his end.
Quest called me and I had a phone interview while was at the store.
I did not get to check the number ahead of time, learned it was a direct position. I did not want a direct position working in California while family is in Florida.
Pros
Is a Job vs unemployment
Cons
they are cheap, they dont even pay straight time for over time, I have gone way in the hole since coming back here with Quest.
Great for drivers, not so great for office staff
Dispatcher/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Cartersville, GAMay 12, 2018
Drivers love it at Quest because they get to do whatever they want and are not held responsible for anything they do, including late pickups and deliveries, breaking company policies, refusing work, etc. However, this makes it very difficult for the dispatchers and customer service personnel.
Management is inexperienced, which leads to alot of "fake" middle-managers and tons of micromanaging. Quest claims to promote from within, but there is a very evident clique of employees who keep moving from one management position to another. Any other management personnel is hired from outside the company, and is usually somebody's buddy. Nepotism and Cronyism runs rampant through this company.
Pros
Pay is decent
Cons
Benefits are impossible to afford. Cliquey atmosphere. Boys' club.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Quest Global, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.0InHerSight Score

2.0Personal Development

1.8Career Opportunities

2.1Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight