Quest Service Group Employee Reviews

10 week Projects
Retail Crew Lead (Current Employee) –  Cortland, NYMarch 17, 2019
As a 3rd party you just have to deal with some client concerns, so you need a thick skin. Quest however is a decent company to work for, many perks other 3rd party do not offer for full or PT. Mostly night work.
Pros
Hotel, Per Deim, Travel pay, Gas Card and an hour lunch
Cons
10 week projects = long time away from home, depending on your home location
Remended
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Asheboro, NCMarch 14, 2019
To me the company was perfect I had no problems with quest as a company! Everything that I needed or was looking for in a company they offer but the problem I had was the Walmart projects the Walmart leads or whatever was so rude to us and would talk to us/quest employees any type of way. Standing over us asking why stuff isn’t done. Disrespecting our lead in front of us , so I personally was fired for leaving and removing myself from conflict! But like I said the company it self I have no problems with just the Walmart leads. And they are hit or miss you could apply and get put on a Walmart and have a good Walmart lead! I did about 5 Walmart’s for them and I only liked 1.
Pros
Wex card pex card organizes
not good
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORJanuary 24, 2019
this company is not good they say they will pay u for travel but they dont. but if u like to drive from place to place then u might like it. the pay sick too
Great Place To Work
Crew Leader (Current Employee) –  NortheastJanuary 15, 2019
I have been employed with Quest Service Group for 6 years and enjoy working here. I started out as a part timer while going to school and have advanced to a Crew Leader The management is very accessible and are very helpful when a problem arises. Love the travel and ability to see different places and meet different people. I highly recommend working here!
Pros
Great Benefits
January 18, 2019

Hello and thank you for the review! We appreciate your hard work and dedication!

Consistent work with room for advancement.
Management (Current Employee) –  New YorkJanuary 14, 2019
I have been working at Quest for over 14 years. Quest is a quality company that cares about its employees and customers. They provide a challenging yet rewarding environment. There is plenty of room for advancement if you are reliable and hard working. I have met a lot of great people that I consider my friends. Communication is good and the work is consistent. One of the best places to work in the industry.
Pros
Respect in the workplace, competitive salary, room for advancement
Cons
Depending on your position you may have to travel overnight
January 18, 2019

Hello and thank you for your review! It is employees like you that keep our company going strong. If you have any suggestions or concerns, please let us know!

Not a good place to work
CREW LEAD (Former Employee) –  Garden City, NYDecember 21, 2018
Inconsistent hours with low pay. Travel was very low and they don't pay you for the actual hours it takes to travel. Your left on your own to deal with any issues that come up at night.
Excessive work, overtime necessary, understaffed, no raises given to employees for years at a time.
A/R Billing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Garden City, NYDecember 5, 2018
Neat and clean atmosphere. Pleasant group of employees. Completely understaffed accounting deptartment. Raises had not been given to employees for a few years at a time. Heavy demand leading to daily OT.
Pros
Employees got along well
Cons
Too much OT, understaffed office
Great job if you like staying busy leads could use improvement
Merchandise Associate (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCNovember 29, 2018
Great job if you like staying busy. Leads could use major improvement. (new coming leads) Senior leads (only 4 are great) that I meet.

My first project with this company was wonderful ! Excellent leads great co-workers ! Great team work.

Second time, not so great. "Bad crew". Only had one other employee that could keep up a good job. Me and this other employee would have to pick up slack from the rest of the crew continuously. Their were also a hand full of employees that smoked marijuana in the parking lot and even after reporting this they did not lose there jobs.

We had a lead that came in later on in the project to make up for one leaving. She was very unknowable of her job, given this was her second store project. I do not see how she made it to lead. She also treated employees differently, the people she liked she would let them get away with doing as little as possible and the people that actually worked she would get on to for not picking up slack of her pet employees.

The job overall is wonderful, it keeps you busy and fit. "It is a physical job." It also does require for you to be a free thinker and to be a quick learner.

As for your work crew, it's a HIT AND MISS! Loved my first crew, As for the second crew... well lets say never again !

(THIS IS FROM MY PERSONAL EXPERIENCE AND MY PERCEPTIVE)
Pros
busy work. In early out early
Cons
crew and leads can be a hit and miss on work ethic
Productive. Fast paced. Great Working environment. Excellent Leadership.
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Stamford, CTSeptember 27, 2018
Quest service group has great benefits. The company truly cares about the sake of their employees. No experience needed you’ll be trained in person. Pay is weekly , every Thursday by direct deposit. Every Friday by check. Many advancement opportunities. Can gain full time quick based on work ethic. Company makes work feel like home and treats you as family.
Pros
Breaks, pay, benefits, opportunities, work environment
October 30, 2018

Hello and thank you for the review! As you are a former employee, thank you for working your hardest and providing fantastic service!

Want full time
Retail Merchandiser (Part-Time) (Current Employee) –  Orange County, CASeptember 25, 2018
I love my job. I would even love it more if I were full time, something i'm hoping for soon. It is very fast paced and something new everyday....Always challenging and exciting and I learn something new almost on a daily basis. Everyone is always willing to help or show you how to do something if you ask. But like any company, people will always talk about you or someone you work with. I try to not get involved . The bottom line is, this is by far a better company than most others ive worked at.
Pros
New and different surroundings
Cons
scandalous coworkers, they are out there
October 30, 2018

Hello and thank you for your comment. We thank you for your hard work and dedication! If you are interested in a Full time position, please express this to your Regional Vice President. They will be able to inform you when new positions become available.

Horrible company
Retail Merchandiser/ Reset Associate (Former Employee) –  Laurens, SCSeptember 11, 2018
The management for the assignments vary greatly, one may be a team player and respectful and the next may be a bigot. The HR department and administrative staff will not solve any issues, rather make them worse. Pay sucks for the amount of work your doing in the timeframe and the stress you'll endure.
Cons
Great job if you are single, and not in charge of running the project
Senior Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Stockton, CASeptember 6, 2018
From the outside this job looks phenomenal. However the company fails to live up to promises they make in terms of potential raises, keeping employees more local to their home location, and actually providing all of the necessary tools to perform the job in a timely and efficient manner.
Pros
Paid travel expenses
Cons
Far to much work put on the teams for the pay rates they offer.
October 30, 2018

Hello and thank you for comment. As you are a current employee with us, please reach out to Human Resources. We would like to discuss your concerns about a raise, staying in your hometown, and tools needed to complete your job. You can always reach out to your Regional Vice President, call us on our main line: 516-594-4400, or email hr@questservicegroup.com. Please include your name and your concerns.

Loosely managed
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Garden City, NYJuly 28, 2018
Management Does not Support the employees or their or their field management.
compensation for front line is very low. The will make promises to customer that sometimes are unrealistic and utilize inexperienced people and expect experienced people pick up the slack.

Was hired as a project Leader and was let go for " act more like a leader than a follower "
You learn a lot
Crew Leader (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 4, 2018
You can learn lots of new skills while working for this company, carpentry, painting, flooring, toilet installation. you learn to work with all kind of power tools and you get to meet tons of nice people
Pros
Traveling a getting to know new places
Cons
too much time away from home
Solid place to work
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 21, 2018
Can be physically demanding at times, but solid place to work. There is travel involved. There are lots of different positions with this company. This company is one of the largest retail temp to hire companies on the east coast.
October 30, 2018

Hello and thank you for your comment. We appreciate your kind words and your hard work as a merchandiser. We hope to hear more feedback from you in the future!

Love the job just tired of traveling so far to work I want to be at home with my kids more
Supervisor/Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Garden City, NYJanuary 27, 2018
Awesome job really good management. The owner is really good with his employees and he’s a good person. I’m just tired of traveling I want to be at home with my children more is my only problem with this job
Pros
Pay is good job
Cons
Time away from home
Dangerous work environment, terrible management , and inconsistent hours
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJanuary 26, 2018
This is the worst company I’ve ever worked for. I was promised a lead Merchandiser position but instead was sabotaged by a Quest co-worker. The hours were inconsistent and management was horrible. One week while working in Home Depot our team lead put us in serious safety situations. Don’t ever work for this company. They are horrible
Pros
There are none
Cons
Terrible work environment, horrible management, terrible hours
October 30, 2018

Hello and thank you for your review. We are sorry to hear about your bad experience while working for the company but we truly appreciate your time and effort to complete your assigned project. Safety will always be a top priority considering the tasks our merchandisers are required to perform. Management is another aspect of our company that keeps everything running smoothly in addition to our employees. As we are always looking to improve, we thank you for expressing your safety and management concerns while on the job.

Lay offs all the time
Jack of all trades (Former Employee) –  Garden City, NYJanuary 24, 2018
It's a man's world here. No room for advancement, expect lay offs yearly. Talked down to by management. too many chiefs not enough Indians.. Nothing more to say
October 30, 2018

Hello and thank you for your comment. We are sorry to hear about your bad experience with our company. We appreciate the work you have done for the company. This comment has been very helpful as we are always looking for new ways to improve all aspects of management out in the field.

I enjoyed working for Quest.
Temporary Remodel Associate (Former Employee) –  Garden City, NYDecember 19, 2017
Through Quest, I helped set up a couple stores. One was a Family Dollar, which was already set up, we just rearranged all the aisles and shelving, as well as set up signage. The Other was an Ace Hardware store, which was empty when we got there. It was fun building all the aisles and everything from the ground up. I got paid well, they covered travel, and would have paid for hotel stays if I needed it. They work across the country doing this type of work in different stores. After those two jobs they didn't have anything else in my area, so I looked for something else.
Pros
It's enjoyable work if you want to travel and don't mind doing some hard work
Cons
Traveling is required to work regularly. This could be a "pro" depending on the person.
January 18, 2019

Hello and thank you for the review! As you are a former employee, thank you for working your hardest and providing great service!

best experience ever
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  MassachusettsNovember 16, 2017
I love working for Quest I learn so much about how the store is set up and how they do the layout of a store. I also learn how to read sku. they work long hours but it is a great experience.
Pros
travel to new locations
Cons
drove long hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Quest Service Group. Our community is ready to answer.