Questar Employee Reviews

High Expectations
Publications Editor (Former Employee) –  Apple Valley, MNJune 16, 2018
This company provides clients with exceptional quality assessments, They also provide numerous opportunities for professional growth, through Lynda.com. Questar sets the bar high for employee performance and expects results.
Pros
The people
Cons
Work-life balance
Not bad for a temp job.
Test Scorer (Current Employee) –  Bloomington, MNJune 1, 2018
I'm not sure if this would be a good full time job but a full-time temp job, it's not bad. Co-workers are some of the friendliest people. There's free snacks and coffee.
Pros
Good working environment, friendly co-workers
Cons
no benefits
Weak Executives and unrealistic hour expectations
techPM (Former Employee) –  Apple Valley, MNMay 29, 2018
Senior executive is very week, lack of organizational process drives hours w/in IT beyond what is realistic. In the last 5 weeks worked over 80 hours each week, and was berated by senior executives for not working more hours, especially over the weekends. Other team members worked several 100+ work weeks. Would not recommend if work life balance is important to you.
Pros
South of the River, relaxed dress code
Cons
Hours
Seasonal
Seasonal Test Scorer (Current Employee) –  Bloomington, MNMay 14, 2018
Opportunity for overtime was plentiful (9 hour work day & just about every Saturday). Well organized teams with clear objectives & goals to meet/exceed deadlines.

Would love to continue working here until I get a full-time job back in my career.
Changes Needed
Database Development Manager (Current Employee) –  Apple Valley, MNMay 9, 2018
I came in with high expectations. Senior leadership is not yet ready for the changes needed to transition from a small to medium sized company. There is little thought to night and weekend work being dictated without compensation. No organizational attempt to balance work/life.
Family oriented successful business
MANAGER, EMPLOYEE RELATIONS (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTApril 20, 2018
Questar was a fantastic place to work. I felt it offered a challenging job experience. I appreciated the amount of responsibility and trust that was given to me. I also appreciated the fact that management genuinely cared about their employees. Because of this culture employees in return were extremely loyal, safe, curteous and productive.
Pros
work life balance was excellent, with great PTO and flexible schedule
Cons
Benefit package kept being reduced over the years
Good Work Environment
UNIX SYSTEM ADMINISTRATOR (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTApril 19, 2018
I enjoyed my time at Questar and was the beginning of my professional IT career. There were several advancement opportunities and salary and benefits were comparable.
If working project to project is okay by you then go for it.
Reader/Evaluator (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, MNMarch 21, 2018
This corporation overworks their staff and challenges project leaders to cut cost in the production hours of people who are trained on set projects. Some project leaders are smoother than others. The ackward ones seem to want to only please their boss and cut hours and control when you clock out for the day. Also, trying to save costs they reduce your hours as if you have no other choice. Therefore, it is hard to count on the hours promised versus the pay you will receive.
Pros
Project oriented, flexible if you want to accept the work.
Cons
Strangely micro-managed from upper management, feel sorry for the project leaders.
Challenging and Fun project
Team Leader- New Jersey Alternate Assessment (Former Employee) –  Apple Valley, CAFebruary 20, 2018
Each project is different and the individual teams had their own characters. The work was challenging and energizing and I would have signed up for more projects had I not taken a full time position at another organization.
Pros
good team, well compensated, challenging work
Cons
Projects are short term and the work can be very different from project to project
Focused on thepsitive.We were encouraged to do our best.
Senior Accountant (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJanuary 31, 2018
A good team environment. Everyone worked well together. I learned well. I was able to stretch myself and become more skilled. Besides becoming a better accountant, I was able to learn Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word and PowerPoint. We had an active Toastmaster group.
Pros
Good healthcare. Professional with a good social atmosphere.
poor culture, poor system to follow
QA Lead (Former Employee) –  Apple Valley, MNJanuary 9, 2018
Workplace culture is too weird. There is no define system to follow. There are many politics among the FT employees and often time contractors fall in trap.
Company is seriously lacking IT staff
Associate Program Manager (Current Employee) –  Apple Valley, MNDecember 19, 2017
Questar is lacking some serious IT staff and IT leadership. There is little to no oversight in the IT space which leads to a a lack of IT staff which makes everyone fight over resources. Wonder if anyone really has a plan for where Questar is going.
great started Job
SENIOR OPERATOR (Former Employee) –  Rock Springs, WYDecember 8, 2017
didn't mind working for quester but the pay was something to be desired. They were slow with the money so it made looking for a new job easy. Good friends while working there but had to leave to make more money.
Fast Paced and Fun
Test Scorer (Current Employee) –  Apple Valley, MNDecember 5, 2017
Enjoy the fast pace of scoring. It is interesting to read the essays written by the next generation of leaders and adults. Learning the rubrics and standards of the different states is also interesting.
Pros
great people to work with
Cons
seasonal work
Fast paced
Scanning Specialist (Former Employee) –  Eagan, MNNovember 30, 2017
The job at Questar was a temporary position with an expectation to perform in a fast paced environment. The management team was very professional, and easy to work with.
Poor Manager
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Apple Valley, MNNovember 2, 2017
I enjoyed the job itself and the benefits are really fantastic and the other call center reps were fun to work with. Upper management seemed to not know what their next move would ever be. So an unsettling environment..
Benefits
Cons
Upper management
Good temp job
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Apple Valley, MNOctober 17, 2017
Questar is a great place to make extra money in the summers. The work is easy and if you are a quick learner you can be promoted on your project. Then you receive higher pay and are eligible for overtime.
Allowed flexible hours
Scoring Consultant\Contractor (Former Employee) –  Apple Valley, MNSeptember 6, 2017
Was a great part-time temporary job. They allowed flexible hours - come and go as you please, just get your hours in each week. This was the first time Questar used the flexible hour system and they may or may not use it in the future.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
was a temporary job
Highly recommended!
Scoreboard Operator (Former Employee) –  Apple Valley, MNSeptember 2, 2017
Enjoyed work with quester scoring team and looking forward work with them in future.
It is best place to work with! Very ethical and career based...
Thanks!
Pros
Very positive
Cons
N/a
Great atmosphere
"Administrative Support/Exam Scorer" (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, MNAugust 11, 2017
The training is well though out and very beneficial. Management is very kind and courteous. Willing to work with you for the betterment of not only the employee, but the company as a whole.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Questar. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score

1.4Personal Development

2.9Career Opportunities

1.6Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight