Quick Med Claims Employee Reviews

A Good Working Environment
Billing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJuly 2, 2019
I have worked at Quick Med Claims and have experienced a welcoming environment, straight forward training techniques, and a clear path for advancement. Management has been nothing but welcoming and I look forward to continued employment.
Change of management
Senior Billing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Pleasant Hills, PAApril 13, 2019
After management changed it went down hill. Began focusing on quantity over quality. Outsourcing work to other companies and losing all of their long term employees due to promotions without appropriate pay raises. Lying to clients about resources. It used to be a great company.
Great Job
Follow Up Specialist (Current Employee) –  Pleasant Hills, PAMarch 25, 2019
A lot of people start out entry level at this job and learn many things along the way. I did not know about medical claims until starting here and it has given me a lot of insight on how the world of healthcare works.
Pros
flex time
Cons
parking
Poor management
Billing (Former Employee) –  Danville, PAFebruary 23, 2019
Please do not apply, this was is a poorly run company. Management was extremely unprofessional and not educated. Rules and policies changed daily because no one knew what was going on or anything. Pay wasn’t worth my time and experience. Billing director was so self centered and only catered to her favorites.
Pros
Cons
Too many to list
Stressful, petty, drama filled environment
Billing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Danville, PAFebruary 16, 2019
You are constantly set up to fail, no clear direction on policies. Human Resources will not acknowledge or respond to any requests, needs, questions, or correspondence in general. You are not allowed to have a voice or question anything.
It’s a job
Billing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJanuary 3, 2019
Was a job and only that. Unless your liked and a favorite you will not advance at this place. It’s very clicky and very bad pay for the drama and work load that you get. Very underpaid and unless you want to suck up to a manager you won’t get far. A lot of favoritism and high school drama. If your looking for a job to get you by this is it. Not a career
Pros
Flexible schedule good benefits but you pay for them
Cons
Bad pay
Fun sucking, favoritism, bad managment
Billing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Pleasant Hills, PADecember 18, 2018
This job lacked in training, compassion, and management. At first I thought it was a great fit, but then the true colors of the job showed. The managment was a joke, and was developed via favoritism rather experience. Questions were frowned upon, and termination was an every day thing. The turn around time is terrible. If you want to be an outcast, stressed to the max, bored out of your mind, spoke down to, and never get a day off then this is the job for you. If you are a hard working, compassionate, perfectionist, who is dedicated to details then this is not the job for you because you get in trouble for asking questions when you are just making sure you are doing something correctly since you were not trained properly.
Pros
Work from home after 1 year
Cons
people, management, training, entire place
Excellent Company Culture and Amazing Human Resources Department
Billing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Pleasant Hills, PAOctober 20, 2018
I loved working in this company, my experience since my interview day was AMAZING! I love the environment and the whole feeling of the company, in my 2 weeks training I was able to go to a company party and meet the CEO and all the staff. You really work with humans and nice warming people. The Human resources staff were AMAZING and so professional and down to earth, really cared for the employers and company and made such a difference. I am forever grateful to them for giving me the opportunity to be able to be part of this company! A staff that makes you feel welcome since day 1. Super good at training, they don't leave you and give you the confidence to do the work. I tried different schedules which I loved that opportunity and loved each one of them and the day was so busy that I was there sometimes for 10 hours and I did not know where the day went because it went so fast. Love the daily huddles and my supervisor was the BEST and she even rewarded us when we reached a goal, and that was extra because the company has a reward program for their employee. I was very very sad to leave, but I was really needed at home, but if I could go back I would, because I can definitely say that working there was one of the most incredible experiences I have ever had in my work life.
Pros
Training, Promotion, Charitable Volunteer Opportunities, Flexible Schedule
A great place to work and learn
Billing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOOctober 5, 2018
Quick Med Claims has a strong work load and opportunities to learn as much as the employee wants to learn. They have an excellent educational library which allows the employee to choose topics of interest and self-improvement.
Pros
Busy which makes the days go very fast
Company is great
Billing assistant (Former Employee) –  Pleasant Hills, PAJuly 2, 2018
Company is good but they need to focus more of management and how they treat there team members. I wish they focused on team members that weren’t so much the managers and focus of the other as well.
Pros
Company fun
Cons
Mangers
stressful fast paced
Senior Reimbursement Technician (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAMay 30, 2018
You will stay busy. There is a lack of communication. To many people doing the same job so no one is sure who is doing what. Pay and benefits are great but the cons out way the pros.
Great place with happy people
Medical Biller (Former Employee) –  Danville, PAMay 16, 2018
I work with a great group of people they are very caring, compassionate, very respectful and down to earth. It's a very relaxed environment. I love working for tis company and I would highly recommend this jobs to all my friends that is into medical billing.
Pros
Always acknowledge the workers for a job well done
Fast paced, learning envirnoment
Billing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Pleasant Hills, PAApril 4, 2016
We do everything from verifying insurance, same day coding/billing, follow up, memberships, payments. I have learned a lot at this company and have really enjoyed it, but i do feel like i could learn a lot more if i were to move on. They would rather promote someone on how long they have worked there than someone who knows more.
Pros
I get to speak and work with people from Alaska
Cons
the pay and benefits
A Job Not a Career
Billing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAMay 19, 2015
Have worked here for a long time and have not seen any room for advancement and the pay is minimal. Some management is okay others are aloof. As long as you see it as a job and a place to draw a paycheck from and not a career move, you will probably be able to tolerate it.
Pros
Pto, jeans and tshirt dress code
Cons
Low pay, through the roof health insurance premiums, promotions are rare
Challenging but enjoyable work environment
Billing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Pleasant Hills, PAJanuary 19, 2015
Quick Med Claims is a company that truly values its employees. I have grown immensely through this organization and they have a lot of room for advancement regardless of one's degree. The management team is wonderful to work for and helps you grow and develop from day one.
family oriented place to work
billing specialist (Former Employee) –  pittsburgh, paOctober 1, 2013
family oriented, great people to work for, training available
stressful but fun at times
Medical Biller &Coder (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAAugust 21, 2013
Medical Billing & Coding position where I learned alot and was pretty busy all day. Management could be better co workers at times were good but others were sneaky. The hardest part of the job was dealing with a manager who believed intimidation was her key driving force in running her crew. The most enjoyable part of the job was I met some really nice people and was taught medical billing and coding without going to school for it.
Pros
Pot luck lunches every holiday
Cons
health benefits weren't the best and pay could be better
A productive fun work enviroment
Billing Assistant (Former Employee) –  PAMarch 11, 2013
Duties Included: Distributed CMS-1500 Forms to insurance companies for consumer care, answered phones, filed consumer's documents, verified insurance, entered medical claims data, followed up on outstanding claims and handled collections and charity for our Airlift Northwest Account
Pros
mangement, food and beverages avalable, training
Cons
short breaks, health care, no flexibility

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Quick Med Claims. Our community is ready to answer.