QuickChek Employee Reviews

High stress, fast paced, they'll run you to the ground
Cashier/Food Preparation (Former Employee) –  Matawan, NJApril 23, 2019
Unfortunately QuickChek as a company has proven they don't care for their employees. Unless said employees are top tier office workers or District Leader. Otherwise, they'll take every ounce of you they can while you're there and stretch it as far as possible.
Half the problem is the other employees. The job may be fast paced and stressful, but it's not entirely hard, it just requires you to actually work. Somehow other employees will find a way to waste time instead of doing their job, which in turn makes it super stressful for those of us that do our job because it leaves more for us to do with no extra time to do it.
Also, being required to wear a hat indoors should never be a thing unless you're working with food specifically. And I don't know why beards aren't allowed since mustaches are, as well as dyed hair and tattoos.
Overall it's a poor place to work. Partly because the company itself doesn't seem to care, partly because the employees don't care, but really mostly because the customers are terrible. I've never been yelled at, threatened, demeaned, insulted, or belittled before until I started working at QuickChek. A lot of the customer base is indifferent, which can come off as rude; but the loudest ones, the ones you remember, are despicable excuses for human beings.
I will never work here again and would never recommend it either.
Pros
possibilities for better positions
Cons
Horrible customers, messy customers, overheated work space, poor workers, constant cutting of hours, strict uniform policy, monotonous
Great teamwork
Food and Beverage Manager (Former Employee) –  Newburgh, NYApril 16, 2019
Employees are overworked, very few breaks, poor management
Working with great team but poor leadership
No proper scheduling or consistency
Favoritism in promotions
Cons
Short breaks, poor management, overworked
productive
Gas Attendant (Former Employee) –  Lakewood, NJApril 15, 2019
pumped gas and cleaned parking lot. The environment was great, i felt welcomed. It was a good job for students still in high school. The workers were very friendly.
Fast paced High Energy
Assistant Store Manager - Operations (Former Employee) –  Whitehouse Station, NJApril 13, 2019
QuickChek is a great company to work for offering flexible schedules and plenty of opportunity for growth. They offer on site training, and management seminars to people who invest their time in the company.
Pros
employee discounts, flexible hours
Cons
relocate managers often
Experience at QuickChek
Shift Leader (Former Employee) –  Trenton, NJApril 1, 2019
Working at QuickChek could have been a better experience but their were some things i felt should have been improved. the problems for me were poor training, lack of management skills, low staff, no time for breaks, management putting to much pressure to get everything perfect on the staff.
Pros
Made a few friends with nice people. such as other staff members and customers
Cons
Low pay, poor healthcare, low staff
This job is a great place to work for anybody looking for a job, or experienced people looking to advance their careers.
Leader in Training (Current Employee) –  Lake Grove, NYMarch 25, 2019
This job is a great starter job for someone with no experience, and also is a great job for people looking for a career they can advance and grow in. I started part time while going to college, and they were very flexible wirh my hours. I got compensated well for the work I put in. There was much room for growth and I kept growing within the company even after graduation. This company is also expanding rapidly and always looking to promote people from within. Along with a customer service job comes the annoying customers, and you as the worker have to take blame for things that may not have been your fault. Most customers are friendly and the people you work with become family. All in all, this is a great place to work and gain experience. There is much room for advancement here, and they are very flexible with your schedule if this is a second job/part time job.
Pros
Pay, flexible schedule, people you work with
Cons
Short breaks, sometimes stressful
No loyalty to employees who work hard, high school mentality
Maintenance Team Member (Former Employee) –  New Windsor, NYMarch 25, 2019
not a good place to work if you are looking to move ahead.
schedules fluctuate randomly.
management is not very compassionate.
workplace culture is high school mentality.
Not a thrilling job
Library Aide (Former Employee) –  Florida, NYMarch 17, 2019
Way too much training for medial tasks. Not a lot of advancement and poor pay. Employees are not motivated. The job is not hard and there is no oppurtunity for advancement.
Tasking but possibly rewarding
Gas Attendant/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Mount Arlington, NJMarch 13, 2019
Quickcheck was an overall exhausting experience that I would not recommend to people with other options. It's very good for people who want to make a career out of it but to all others it is very time consuming for a place that doesn't appear to value your time
Pros
Discount
Cons
Management generally isn't concerned with the state of it's employees
Not worth the hassle
Team Member (Former Employee) –  North Bergen, NJMarch 6, 2019
Manager wouldn’t schedule me enough hours but then would constantly call me 30 minutes before to take someone else’s shift and would get mad if I said I couldn’t though he knew I was going to school at the time and it would take me 30 minutes to even get there.
After a few times I brought it up to him and he said he valued me as an employee and would officially schedule more often but it remained the same so I gave my two weeks notice.
Haven’t been able to get a job since because whenever jobs call him to reference he says I was fired rather than me quiting TWICE

Meeting people everyday and having regulars was the best part but all the work and running no around is not worth the $10 / hour. Employees were always late so I’d have to stay obviously and then I’D get repremanded for staying longer than my shift as if I was just supposed to leave the store unattended?
Pros
Discounts, payed break
Cons
Not enough pay, not enough hours, little respect
Worst place to work for
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Linden, NJFebruary 26, 2019
• Engaged with customers and assisted in meeting their needs
• Led staff in the execution of duties and implementation of organizational policies
• Provided staffing support in every department
• Directed staff through their daily routines and managed petty cash
• Assisted and interacted with customers to ensure an outstanding experience
• Maintained inventory records and checked them for accuracy
Stressful environment with rude managers
TEAM MEMBER (Former Employee) –  Washington, NJFebruary 4, 2019
This was not the best job I have had. The managers were rude and made fun of most of the customers. They were even more rude to their employees and had a "I am better than you" attitude. So under staffed that you couldn't even take your 30 minute break and when you were able to, your manager still rushed you and told you that he didn't have to give you a break if he didn't want to.
Pros
20% discount on select items
Cons
no breaks, rude managers
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Whitehouse Station, NJFebruary 3, 2019
A true culture of family, support and opportunity for growth. A focus on accountability drives results in achieving goals and there is a commitment to helping high performing employees achieve their maximum potential.
Flexible Job
Sales Associate, Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Belleville, NJJanuary 11, 2019
Decent Job for flexibility of schedule and growth. There is always work to do. Managers are usually cool and flexible. Job is only hard if you are short staffed but otherwise overall easy job. Great for students.
Pros
flexible
Cons
pay
Bad ecperience
Shift Leader/Deli Worker/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Pompton Plains, NJNovember 27, 2018
Working here was a nightmare. I worked as overnight shift leader and daily had to do both my job and the jobs that 2nd shift either didn't do or did not finish . It seemed every month they were adding more responsibilities for the overnight deli increased and i rarely had a time to rest.
Cashier/ Bev. Manager (Former Employee) –  Rahway, NJOctober 28, 2018
The management isn't the greatest. Everyone is trained differently some managers can care less. Its honestly a good job depending on the manager and district leader.
productive but stressful workplace
Shift Leader (Former Employee) –  Rockaway, NJ 07866October 22, 2018
management can be poor at times, usually some people can get promoted more than others based on your store leader but even if you have great experience don't expect to get paid more than 10.25 if your applying for a regular team member. you have to work your way up from position to position and its usually based on time spent not really earning the position. one day things can go nice and smooth and then another everything can fall on you and then it could be just 2 people in a store filled with 25 customers.
Pros
provides insurance for full time, a lot of hours available, store discounts
Cons
bad management, pay, lack of promotions and call outs
Wonderful coworkers and very competitive store
Shift Leader (Former Employee) –  Middletown, NYSeptember 26, 2018
Great place to keep you busy while working. They have an understanding team/ management. Most regular customers are amazing. If you put in effort, great place climb the management ladder.
Too many Lies!!!
Gas Station Attendant (Former Employee) –  New JerseySeptember 15, 2018
This place is a total joke. They are lying to you. Do not attempt to get a job at this place. They treat their employees like dirt. They make you feel like you have a low self esteem and make you think that you need them to survive. This ad they posted looking to hire someone is the total opposite of what they are saying. You can't survive with what they pay you, you will freeze to death during the winter time, you smell like gasoline after a shift working there, you will eventually get cancer from breathing in those fumes all day. Stay away from here.
Pros
I Quit
Official response from QuickChek
October 1, 2018

I'm sorry that you feel that way. During interviews with candidates applying for the position of Gas Team Members, both recruiters and hiring managers go over the requirements and details of the position in detail. Yes, it is sometimes a dirty job and working in the elements is not for everyone.

Great helpful fun staff
Deli Worker (Former Employee) –  Branchburg, NJAugust 7, 2018
I loved working her and I was sad I had to go. But they have a great staff and it has more of a family vibe then ur going to work for a company it's like ur going to help friends and great pay and rewards with working
Pros
Employee Discount, Fun Times
Cons
I have none
Official response from QuickChek
October 1, 2018

Thanks for your feedback! We're glad to have had you on the team and are sad to see you go. We wish you the best of luck in the future!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at QuickChek. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.1InHerSight Score

2.6Personal Development

3.6Career Opportunities

3.0Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight