Quickcomm Employee Reviews

Training Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Sandy Hook, CTOctober 14, 2013
Great place to work, but being integrated into Vodafone which has taken away from the culture of this company. Some jobs (like mine) are being cut do to redundancies, but if you are a good worker they will find a place for you. Pretty good management but communication overall is lacking. Most employees can be remote when needed.
Pros
ability to work remotely, decent compensation, good benefits
Cons
lack of communication, lots of speculation
Need to improve
Former Employee (Former Employee) –  Sandy HookSeptember 1, 2013
It started off as a small company with a family environment. Everybody was great with each other and stick up for each other. As soon as Vodafone aquired TnT/Quickcomm it went downhill from there. Here are the problems that they need to improve:

1. TnT acted as a small company but they need to realize they are no longer a start up but part of an actual corporation

2. People come and leave whenever they want especially with operations. There is a lot of backlog but you will see the people just chit chatting away with other departments and when it is actual time to do work their excuse "I am swamped." Less time socializing and more time to do the actual work will be better.

3. Nobody takes ownership. Clients are complaining about implementations gone wrong or the quality of service but nobody takes ownership.

4. Pay is horrible. Every person in the company complains about their salary. If they pay the fair market value, they would actually get quality workers.

5. Horrible middle management. It seems to become a manager, you need to be family friends with the executives or go to high school with their kids. There are a lot of incompetent managers taking credit for implementations in which they had nothing to do with. Several complaints were made about the managers but nobody did anything about it. If you report it to HR, it will get back to them and your life is uncomfortable. They need to get rid of the dead weight middle management.

Senior management and middle managers need to watch out because Vodafone is watching and I believe by the end of the year half
  more... of them will be gone.  less
Small company being absorbed by Vodafone
Database Implementation Manager (Current Employee) –  Sandy Hook, CTMay 10, 2013
Quickcomm is going through growing pains as it gets absorbed by Vodafone, the world's largest cell phone carrier.
A day in the life of a multi-department worker
Data Analyst (Current Employee) –  Sandy Hook, CTApril 16, 2013
A typical day at work begins at 8:30. Right now my current priority is a client that has me working with 57 unique countries. This means that I am working in about three separate departments. It is my job to obtain data from the various 57 countries analyze the data in 57 different languages and try to make it fit for a single database. I write the technical specifications for each countries data so that the developers can write a bill reader. I also determine if data is "fit for purpose", meaning will it make the client happy. I am on weekly calls with the client to discuss progress and trouble spots.

I run into challenges daily. There are numerous countries that don't want to deal with a third party and make difficult for me to progress with the project. That being said, since I joined the project there has more progress made in 9 months than the past 2 years.

When I started working at Quickcomm I didn't even know what telecommunications was. I have learned how to efficiently and effectively implement clients, document processes, teach others, and work with countries all around the world. I do these things on a daily basis.
I enjoyed my time
Client Manager (Former Employee) –  Sandy Hook, CTApril 8, 2013
The big issue I had is that if you work more than 16 hours and or really hard to meet a client deliverable, you would not be recognized for it. Where you will have people who barely worked or in the office that gets promoted or an award for doing nothing.

You wouldn't get the support from management whenever there was an operational issue.
Pros
great people to work with
Cons
lack of management support. software does not work.
Worst Employment Experience Ever
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Sandy Hook, CTMarch 25, 2013
So Quickcomm was the fourth company I worked for and I wanted to get out of there by the second day of work. The company is chaotic, management is reactionary, and no thought is put into most things. The attitude is "just get it done now". Just about every project I worked on had to be revisited later to fix things because of new requirements. Different departments would often be working on the same thing without knowing it, many times because the person who made the request just wanted to see who would get it done faster. The job was very stressful and there were many nights when I lost sleep worrying about a project I was working on, and not because of any incompetence on my part.
Pros
flexibility with working from home.
Cons
just about everything else.
Great Place
Human Resources Coordinator/Intern (Current Employee) –  Newtown, CTMarch 17, 2013
Great co-workers, good work like balance. Its a growing company with many opporunties to good and expand your career. They are currently in a integration with Vodafone, which could lead to endless opportunies throughout the work.
Pros
remote working
Cons
n/a
Great experience in the Telecommunications field
Billing Analyst/Auditor (Current Employee) –  Sandy Hook, CTAugust 10, 2012
My job involves analyzing and processing invoices for different clients. I attend weekly conference calls and meetings to ensure customer satisfaction. Additional information is available upon request.
Pros
great health benefits, great learning experience
Good Company
Sr. Software Developer (Current Employee) –  Newtown, CTJuly 30, 2012
Good company great people. Newly acquired entity of Vodafone.