Quicken Loans Inc. Employee Reviews

"Amateur hour at the Fox Theater"
Human Resources (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIApril 24, 2018
The soft Detroit job market allows senior management to believe that everyone wants to work at Quicken Loans. By any external standard, the bar for performance is set low, and anyone who understand what real excellence looks like will find themselves feeling underpaid and wondering where the other true professionals are in the company.
Pros
Informal culture, sense of mission around rebuilding city
Cons
Expectations for delivery of good work are low, and pay follows this standard.
Lots of Hours
Mortgage Loan Originator (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZApril 19, 2018
Quicken will work you a lot- they tell you this up front- but it is worth it if you put the hours in and you follow their steps- definitely set you up to succeed
Fast paced, stressful environment
Mortgage Banker (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIApril 16, 2018
Typical schedule is 8:am-7:30 pm 6+ days/week. Focus on sales training/expectations. Management is mostly great people but over promise in earnings and underestimate of hours required. Palpable stress surrounds you.
Pros
free coffee, nicely maintained buildings
Cons
Over 65 hours/week, short breaks, extremely noisy
Get money and run.
Mortgage Underwriter, Auditor (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIApril 16, 2018
More of a stepping stone employer. Long work hours. Perfect for students fresh out of college, for the employee who has a family. This may not be the place for you.
Productive place to work.
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIApril 15, 2018
Although you did you fair share of work, the work/life balance was horrible. For people with children it's hard to work and live. Mandatory overtime was something that I didn't want with a newborn.
Managaemnt
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIApril 12, 2018
It was an okay place to work great experience no room for family life and management was not nice women at the most times would like for it to be a more of work life
a place to wokr
Business Metrics Intern (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIApril 11, 2018
bad experience. no work to do

run you like dog

bad culture

no breaks

no life

no good job

Hard

bad

terrbile

no names tho fo sho

bad day far park
Fast paced and competative sales positon
Mortgage Banker (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZApril 11, 2018
Great place to work if you have the motivation to succeed. Training was excellent with first few months in position spent preparing for Federal and State mortgage licensing.
Great experience
Winter 2018 Mortgage Operations Intern (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIApril 10, 2018
Quicken Loans really made me grow personally. I gained a lot of skills that I now use. Working here was so fun and the people there was full of energy and helped me along the way.
Pros
snacks
Cons
Positive, Productive and fun place to work.
Consumer Loan Underwriter III/ Remote (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCApril 5, 2018
Working at Quicken Loans was a fun place to work, very productive and at the same time it had a creative environment. I reviewed the credit, assets and income for loan approval and cleared conditions plus mentor processors. Management was supportive and would jump in to help with the volume. They was always available to assist with the loan volume. The culture was creative and inclusive. The most enjoyable part of the job was the balance of working remote and in the office.
I went to work knowing i was making a difference in many people lives.
Document Specialist (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIApril 4, 2018
I went to work excited everyday. Knowing the work i preformed was making a difference in many peoples lives. Do the the fact you never new what a client's situation was. I just wanted to be apart of the solution. Many clients wrote in a bout Quicken Loans being there Miracle from God, the phone call came just in the nick of time. The Quicken Loans process is so fast. It prevented many people from becoming homeless. Or client's that didn't know home ownership was possible for them. but through Quicken Loans the were approved or were able to refi.
Fun Work Environment and good teamwork
Mortgage Underwriter (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZApril 4, 2018
A typical day at work consisted of checking your email, responding, then jumping into the system and trying to complete your desired number of applications for the day. I would review all documentation that was provided and based on the information that was provided I would make my credit decision for the refinance of the mortgage.
Pros
Fun Work Environment, culture
Great opportunity if you're willing to work
Mortgage Banker (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIApril 4, 2018
I worked here about a year and then transferred to another company in the Family. It was a lot of work, but the compensation was fair. They tell you in the interview you will work a lot, so the expectations are set. Training was excellent and I felt ready once I was on the floor. This role is best suited for a single person without kids as you will work a lot. However I've seen people with families make it work. Overall the company has a ton of great opportunities, great benefits and a culture that makes it a fun place to work.
Pros
Benefits, pay, culture
Great place to intern
Communication Intern (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIApril 3, 2018
Great work environment. The leaders want to help you in any way they can. The internship program pays well and offers good experience post-graduation.
Fun place to work
Mortgage Loan Officer (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MIApril 3, 2018
A typical work day was about 12 hours long. I would successfully review mortgage applications and work a 150+ client book of business. Management was trained very well and always looked to help better you as an individual. The work place culture was outstanding. It was very competitive which made it a great place to work. The hardest part about the job is the work/personal life balance.
Pros
Work Place Culture
Cons
Work life balance
Short term
Client Advocate (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MIApril 3, 2018
management does not have the worker best interest at heart. I loved the clients some nice, some mean, but we got the problems resolved. There is racial tension at this place and white management love to make blacks feel lucky to have a job. Client relations will trap you and sell you dreams of advancement . 3 years later I’m in the same spot. This job was the worst decision besides the pay I have made in my life.
Pros
Free snacks, pay, and benefits
Cons
Timed breaks, long hours, abusive meetings with management, no career advancement, job security
Started my Career Here
Sr. Mortgage Banker (Former Employee) –  ArizonaApril 2, 2018
Very young at the time, jumped right in and ran with it. Got in at a very interesting time when I was able to earn a lot of money. They taught me what I know about the mortgage world, but working 6-7 days per week became too much for me, and was offered a job at another lender who promised it wouldn't be like that. I was mostly wrong and could have seen myself as successful here at QL
High Energy, Work Hard / Play Hard enviroment
Underwriting Intern (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZMarch 30, 2018
Quicken Loans is a true meritocracy, great for people who are motivated and sociable.

The actual work is mortgage creating, selling, and servicing, which is not the most interesting field, but the company does a good job making the culture enjoyable to be in and fun in a competitive way.
My Experience
Client Relations Intern (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIMarch 28, 2018
Quicken Loans was a great place to learn. I had a lot of amazing opportunities to showcase my skill set and leadership abilities in many different think tank projects.

They have a great set of "Isms" values that play a great part in how they respond to clients and deal internally.

It is an unspoken taboo to ask about pay bands, wages, or salaries when interviewing internally for new positions. Asking about it almost can give a negative connotation that money is driving your desire for the role.

The company culture varies based on the "team" department but overall the values remain the same.

They welcome innovation and new ideas.
Pros
Free development opportunities
Cons
Hard to convert into full time permanent roles
Fun environment horrible hours
Associate Mortgage Broker (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZMarch 28, 2018
For someone who is single with no family this job would be perfect. I myself have 3 young children and could not handle the stress of being away from them so long. Mandatory 12-13 hour days M-F and the 6-8 hours on the weekends does not provide a healthy work life balance.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Quicken Loans Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score

3.8Personal Development

3.5Career Opportunities

3.4Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight