Quicken Loans Inc. Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Quicken Loans
Presidential Purchase Closing Specialist (PCS) (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIAugust 15, 2018
One of the things I loved about Quicken Loans when I first began working there was the company culture. It felt like it was family. Over the course of 2 years, a lot of changes were implemented that focused on the customer - - but failed to continue the focus on team member development and creating a positive work environment on the floor. The work demand is very high, but there was not enough time in the 8-hr work day to properly service the clients. I felt rushed all the time. It's the team of employees that have made Quicken Loans the number 1 mortgage lender in the country and the best place to work 5 years in a row, so the company must continue to reflect on ALL the factors that helped to make them number 1.. Somewhere along the line, Quicken Loans has forgotten the value in its team members, and has shifted the culture of the company to a dog-eat-dog work environment.
August 16, 2018

Thank you for your honesty and constructive feedback. We value the talent and skills that our team members bring to the company but understand that there is always room to improve.

A Great Culture
Tech Writer (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MIAugust 13, 2018
There are many things to like about Quicken, but the culture shines the most. It's the one place I've worked where they actually mean what they say, and it's not just all about appearances. It's still a company, but it's a healthy one and the best in the country to work in for IT.
Pros
Culture, Benefits
Cons
Hard to get in
August 16, 2018

Thank you for your review on us here at Quicken Loans! We are so happy that you enjoy working here just as much as we do! We were rated #1 Place to Work in Technology by Computerworld for the sixth year in a row and are pleased that is reflecting with our team members.

This company is not the same
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZAugust 11, 2018
When QL started in AZ the vibe was different where you were empowered to work hard and play hard. Now is just a regular corporate America job where you just come in and can’t wait to leave.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Upper management leadership does not live the culture, but expects you to follow suit
August 16, 2018

Thank you for your honesty and constructive feedback. We are always looking for ways to improve. We value the talent and skills that our team members bring to the table and want to ensure the best team member experience possible.

Great place in Downtown Det
Vendor Analysts/ Client Care Representative (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIAugust 8, 2018
It was a great company to work for, entering the call center world. I learned about the different facets of the mortgage company, as well as how important having documents in order can be.
August 16, 2018

Thank you for your review! We are glad that you enjoyed working with us!

Great Place for Internships
Banker Licensing Team Intern (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIAugust 7, 2018
Met a lot of awesome people and did plenty of cool things during my internship. All in all I enjoyed my time their but couldn't really see my self working in the company for more than a few years unless I lived closer.
Pros
free food, free swag, development opportunities, shadowing, autonomy
Cons
traffic, long hours, lack of team standards, not much holidays
August 16, 2018

Thank you for your review. We are glad that you enjoyed your internship and appreciate your honest feedback as we are always looking for ways to improve.

Good Company for Learning Team building
Executive Vendor analyst/ Executive HOI Specialist (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MIAugust 5, 2018
I prefer not to say anything negative about Quicken Loans. The Company has gone through many changes the last few years. Loved working here before changes made.
August 16, 2018

Thank you for your review. We appreciate your honesty and are always looking for ways to improve our team member experience.

No work life balance
Mortgage Banker (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIAugust 3, 2018
If you're backs against the wall and your family is fine with you gone for 6 days a week, 12 hours a day, this job is for you! The more time you put in, the more you will get out.
Pros
Snacks, fancy rooms, interesting people
Cons
hours, deceitfulness, sweepstakes calls.
August 16, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. We are happy to say that we have recently implemented a reduced hours program for our bankers. Along with that, we are also providing work from home options as we value the talent and skills that our team members bring to our company and we want to ensure the best team member experience possible.

Hypocritical Business Practices
Closing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MIAugust 3, 2018
The Quicken Loans Family of Companies stressed working according to ISMs. Yet, leadership does not live up to the ISMs they enforce. There are unfair hiring practices. Jobs are posted internally but individuals outside of the company with the same experience and skills as existing team members are hired. If you apply for a position in one area and take a skill test, the same results are used when applying for a different position in a different area. It's like testing for the police department and using scores from a previous test for the fire department. There is no one to advocate for you when you question their hiring process. Once you're hired into the company, you have to kiss butt to advance. Promotions aren't based on your productivity, but on who likes you.
Pros
Free lunches, snacks and rock rewards
Cons
long hours and difficult to advance
August 16, 2018

Thank you for your honesty and constructive feedback. We understand where you are coming from and think it would be helpful to discuss further. Please reach out to us at Lisa@quickenloans.com.

conventional loan
Underwriter (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJuly 30, 2018
Underwrite conventional loans to Quicken guidelines. Received my DE with Quicken, but never got to work on them due to manager. Hard part of working for them there was never enough time for yourself or days off. They expected you work on weekend on your own time.
August 2, 2018

Thank you for your review. We appreciate the details of your specific position and your feedback. We are always looking for ways to improve as our team members experience is very important to us.

The culture is fading
Senior Closing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIJuly 28, 2018
When I first started at QL I was bright eyed and bushy tailed believing the culture and what the the company stood far. Now I don't believe in the company's human touch. Instead of quality they pushed for quantity. No longer was I able to take my time with our clients going through the mortgage process, It was the speed of the game. I went from personally reaching out to all my clients updating them daily to not even being required to call them. The company restricted the hours I worked but demanding the same amount of work done. All that mattered was how fast I closed the loans. To be honest I started feeling really bad for the clients rushing them out the door.
August 2, 2018

Thank you for your honesty and constructive feedback. We understand where you are coming from and will continue to look at ways to improve as we do value the talent and skills that our team members bring to our company.

great internship
Human Resource Project Management Intern (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIJuly 26, 2018
Great internship, placement is competitive. There is a culture that rivals google with a lot of chances to have fun and join new projects. Be sure to intern here first!
Pros
culture, access to leadership, food
August 2, 2018

Thank you so much for your review on us here at Quicken Loans! We take pride in our internship program and are so glad that you loved it just as much as us!

Great Benefits, but Poor Team Member Flexibilty
Social Media Advocate (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MIJuly 24, 2018
The pay and benefits are great. However, there is a serious lack of work and home life balance. There is an unwillingness to work with team members on working around home life schedules.
August 2, 2018

Thank you for your honesty and constructive feedback. We will continue to find ways to improve as we do value our team member experiences.

Lots of unnecessary work
Vendor Analyst (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIJuly 23, 2018
Hated the job glad I'm gone. I can actually see my daughter Learned to not always take a job for money and perks because those jobs don"t care about your well being
Pros
Meet new people
Cons
Never see family. Never appreciated
August 2, 2018

We are disappointed to hear that you had a bad experience. We are known for being one of the top places to work, but we completely understand that our reputation is not something we should hide behind. So, if you would like, please reach out to us at lisa@quickenloans.com, we can discuss your specific situation further.

Great company to work for and great corporate culture and work atmosphere.
Account Resolution Specialist (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIJuly 22, 2018
Great company to work for and great corporate culture and work atmosphere. Able to have adequate work-life balance. Great leaders who train and develop you and I still communicate with them to this day.
August 2, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to give us your opinion on us here at Quicken Loans. We are so glad that you enjoyed working here just as much as we do. We always have and always will strive for a positive team member experience.

Not for everyone
Associate Banker (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MIJuly 21, 2018
This job is extremely demanding. Expect to be working 60-65hr weeks including most weekends. Recruiters will tell you that there is a mandatory 2 weekends a month, but this is only for the more experienced banker positions. Starting off, you will work 6-7 days per week, at least 10hrs per day with only 30min for lunch. Additionally, you will be spending the first three months calling clients.

The benefits are that the company does compensate you well for what you do during your time there. This is a sales job and it is definitely not for everyone.
Pros
Free snacks, high commission, full benefits
Cons
Hours, demanding production goals
August 2, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to write this review! We value your feedback and appreciate your honesty. We have recently implemented a reduced hours program for our bankers. Along with that, we are also providing work from home options as we value the talent and skills that our team members bring to our company. We always have and always will strive for a positive team member experience but understand there is always room to improve.

Mortgage Banker
Executive Mortgage Banker (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 19, 2018
Great company to work for. Recommend if you don't have family because you will have to grind. Plan on working Monday - Saturday. Financially rewarding, but it takes a toll.
Pros
financial rewards
Cons
no work-life balance, high pressure, high stress

Lost Culture
Product Manager (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIJuly 19, 2018
The company used to have a really strong culture. But it grew too fast and lost it's way with leadership trying to run the company as a small business still. Leaders aren't empowering others to make decisions and try to get into the day to day too much. UX has taken a backseat.
Pros
Vibrant work environment
Cons
Senior Leaders think they know what the customer wants
August 2, 2018

Thank you for your honesty and feedback. We are glad that you love the vibrancy of our work environment and we are always looking for ways to improve.

Mortgage Banker (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIJuly 19, 2018
I enjoyed my time at Quicken and met a lot of amazing people. However, the stress level is very hard to deal with, the pleasant environment serves as a distraction at first, but eventually you may crash from the stress.
Pros
Great culture
Cons
You have no life
August 2, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. We are happy to say that we have recently implemented a reduced hours program for our bankers. Along with that, we are also providing work from home options as we value the talent and skills that our team members bring to our company and we want to ensure the best team member experience possible but understand that there is always room to improve.

Great
Training Consultant (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIJuly 18, 2018
Great experience, great culture, learned a lot but the hours and misdirection can drain your enthusiasm. Management should be more honest and upfront in such a constant changing environment in order to build trust and paint a vision.
August 2, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. We value the talent and skills that our team members bring to our company and we want to ensure the best team member experience possible. We understand that there is always room to improve and we will continue to do so.

It's a rude and constricting environment depending on where you end up and they will terminate your internship early if they feel like it.
Intern (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MIJuly 17, 2018
Quicken Loans is a great place to start a career if you do not plan to be an intern there. Their internships are unorganized and the pay for them is ever changing. You and another intern could be paid two different starting wages even if you have the same credentials and they will have you work just as hard as their full-time employees if not more so. There are cordially required intern events that take you away from your desk and work for long periods of time which is extremely unbeneficial if you are placed into a production role. These events are also poorly coordinated and can get canceled last minute. The management of the interns in the downtown Detroit area, in particular, is lackluster. I hope someone out there helps you if you end up on the Payoffs team. It is the most mind-numbing job in the universe with what has to be the worst supervision I'd ever seen and would expect to find in a very downtrodden school and not in what is meant to be a thriving Mortgage Lending business.
Pros
Experience, Some people there can be nice, you get paid something
Cons
Unstable, Unorganized, Poor Management, Uncomfortable Environment
August 2, 2018

Thank you for your honestly and constructive feedback. We understand where you are coming from and think it would be helpful to discuss further. Please reach out to us at Lisa@quickenloans.com.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Quicken Loans Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

3.8Fairygodboss Score

75%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

75%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss