Quicken Loans Inc. Employee Reviews

Showing all 1,049 reviews
You will either love or hate the mortgage industry
Mortgage Banker (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHDecember 9, 2018
I can't give a fair opinion of Quicken Loans. I joined up in 2008 just as the mortgage industry was collapsing. So my timing for entering into the industry wasn't the best. Quicken Loans had a good training program. But it was brutal with its employees. Many were let go in 2008. Maybe the company is a better place to work now?
Pros
Great training that you will carry with you
Cons
Sales jobs typically have poor job security
Fun Environment
Associate (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MIDecember 5, 2018
Pros:
-development
-benefits- PTO, bonus, 401k, etc
-environment
-recognition
-independence
-innovation

Cons:
-favorites
-sometimes no growth
-easily lose top talent
Long hours unobtainable goals, good culture.
Mortgage Banker (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHDecember 3, 2018
The job culture and work environment might be one of the best in the industry. They make every day at work relatively fun. But the fact is at the end of the day, you're working 60-70 hours a week (trust me). The pay used to be great when rates were down it wasn't crazy to make 70-110K as an average banker even just a year or two into your career. Unfortunately things are no longer this way. Expect to make no more than 55K your first year.

The way the job works if that you pray the "system" puts you in a good lead tier. If so, you will hit your pay check for that month (4-5K to start off), if you dont get put in a good tier you will be asked to work 70 or so hours that month and you wont make close to 4 or 5K.

Unfortunately the latter of the two happens more often then not. As a result the company turn over is absurd. More than half of my starting class quit by the first year. Not because they were bad bankers, but just because they were put in bad tiers too many months in a row to afford it.

I would not recommned this job, unless unemployment is your only other option.
Pros
Fun work environment
Cons
Hours, Pay Structure, Lead Allocation
Fun place to work!
Human Resources (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MINovember 30, 2018
During my years at QL I've learned a ton about communication, team work, building relationships, and working hard for career growth. It's a very high volume type of atmosphere, pretty much every position is production based and sometimes the numbers they want you to hit just aren't realistic and can be extremely difficult to hit within your allowed work hours so it is really a 'work hard and grind' type of place. You have to put in a lot of hours to really reap the benefits of pay and growth but it is possible. Most leaders I've worked with have been great and very encouraging.
Pros
dog friendly floors, pay, growth opportunities, paid volunteer time
Cons
hours, work/life balance, transparency
Fun workplace with not much to do for interns
Refinance Specialty Communications Intern (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MINovember 26, 2018
While interning at Quicken Loans there was rarely much for me to do besides a few daily tasks. I felt very undervalued as I would have preferred to be contributing to more outcomes rather than just hanging out with other interns all day.
The Times They Are A Changin'
System Arch, Software Arch, Sr. Software Eng (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MINovember 20, 2018
Something's up at QL. After years of not delivering, the Business is seeing through IT. Consultants and contractors are coming in to save the day. It will be a different company in a few years time.
November 26, 2018

Thank you for your review. We are committed to our team members experience and are always looking at ways to improve.

neat work environment
Senior Mortgage Banker (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZNovember 19, 2018
this company has very good ideals and intent with a neat work environment however the banking side is extremely sink or swim environment with a lot of pressure constantly on bankers no matter what
November 26, 2018

Thank you for your review. We appreciate your honesty and we understand that there is always room to improve and we will continue to work on doing so.

flexible working hours
Manager (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MINovember 19, 2018
working hours in QL are flexible and benefits are good. Trainings/courses are easy to apply for reimbursement. senior leadership are very easy to reach however
November 26, 2018

Thank you for your review. We are glad that you have taken advantage of our schooling reimbursement benefits! We do also try to assist our team members with as much as possible in regards to flexibility and we are glad that is being reflected in your experience.

Ql
HR EMPLOYEE RELATIONS (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCNovember 18, 2018
Great company, culture and people
Several growing opportunities and able to be a human being not just a number. Great benefits and perks. Management is approachable.
November 26, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. We are delighted about your observation of our culture and we will always be committed to our team members experience. We hope to hear more great reviews as we believe others are having a great experience just like yourself!

Great for Starting a Career
Team Leader of Legal Compliance (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MINovember 13, 2018
Quicken is a fast pace environment that focuses on hustle and work ethic over everything. It has a strong idea of company culture but is interpreted differently depending on what area of the business you work in or who your leader is.

As a company that is constantly growing things often rapidly change and key elements are missed in the nature of growth and development of a company. Like hiring too many people when when there the facilities lack the space or not having role expectations because the role expectations will adjust depending on the outside market or the companies overall goals
Pros
Constant flow of opportunity, Benefits, Experience
Cons
Work Life Balance, Transparency
November 26, 2018

Thank you for your review. We appreciate your constructive feedback as we are always looking at ways to improve!

Mortgage Loan Originator (MLO) (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MINovember 10, 2018
Great benefits to working for the company, but you have no time to do anything else in your life. YOU MUST EAT BREATHE AND SLEEP QUICKEN LOANS. If you can do that you could make a great living there.
Pros
Good commission structure
Cons
Way too many hours to work
November 26, 2018

Thank you for your review. We appreciate your constructive feedback and we are always looking at new ways to improve work-life balance for our team members as their experience is a top priority to us.

Quicken
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  MichiganNovember 10, 2018
Remote is allowed

Communications are good

Operations engaged in the technologies
Pros
Remote is allowed
November 26, 2018

Thank you for your review. We appreciate your thoughts and we will always continue to work at improving our team members experience.

Big chance to make money, at expense of work life balance
Mortgage Banker (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MINovember 7, 2018
Big opportunities to make lots of commission. Unfortunately this comes at the expense of long work weeks, sometimes approaching 70+ hours. Its not uncommon to work two straight weeks without a day off.
November 26, 2018

Thank you for your review. We are happy to announce that we have implemented a reduced hours program for our bankers as well as work from home opportunities to help with this. We will continue to work on improving work-life balance as our team member experience is top priority to us.

Poor
Many (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MINovember 6, 2018
Try elsewhere as they will let you go over nothing. Seen it all in my 5 years there. Being fired for being in car accident, to being fired for talking with a superior, to the worst being fired for leaving to be with significant other for birth of a child. I wish these were not the case but sadly all are.
Pros
Atmosphere with alot of people
Cons
Everything else
November 26, 2018

Thank you for your review. We are disappointed to hear that you had a bad experience. We are known for being one of the top places to work, but we completely understand that our reputation is not something that we should hide behind. So, if you would like, please reach out to us at Lisa@quickenloans.com and we can discuss your specific situation further.

Great Place to Work in IT
TECHNICAL SUPPORT SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MINovember 6, 2018
This company has done a lot for me in the two years that I worked for them. The only reason I left is because I moved across the county. I worked for the technology support team and a typical day at work was busy. It's a productive busy.

I learned a lot about time management and how valuable it is to be punctual. My leaders worked with me through any issues I had and they were always a quick text or call away. They always made sure I could talk to them about anything, and even though there are a lot of companies that are out there that will say that, I truly believed in my leaders. That's a very strong and secure feeling.

The culture is everything you hear about QL. It was a tough decision leaving such a great workplace, but my life had to take a different route. The hardest part about my old job was that there was always work. There was satisfaction in helping team members and making their day, but the work never ends. It's hard to see the light at the end of the tunnel until you move on. The most enjoyable part of my old job was the people I worked with. They are the reason I loved my job. They are all themselves with no filter and the most fun people I've ever worked with. I truly mean that. It was a pure team experience there. I felt like one in a team and I could take on any obstacle that came my way because I had full faith in my team's ability to help me.

I would 100% recommend trying for a position here in IT. You will not regret it.
Pros
Free beer sometimes, great environment, opportunities everywhere
November 26, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. We are delighted about your observation of our culture and atmosphere and that it was reflected in your experience while working with us. We appreciate your recommendation of us to others as well!

Face Paced, Stressful
DE Underwriter FHA/Conventional (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCNovember 6, 2018
The people at Quicken are great, but the hours are long and much is demanded from you. The culture promotes positivity and fun, and it needs to be because much is demanded from you. At times you are required to work overtime but are not compensated for it.
November 26, 2018

Thank you for your review. We are glad that you love the culture just as much as we do. We are going to continue to work on improving work-life balance because we are committed to our team members and their experience they have while working with us.

Great company to work for when your under the right leadership
Purchase Mortgage Banker (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MINovember 2, 2018
Looking back on my experience, the only negative that would send me home in a panic and questioning my future, was the environment in which 2 of my leaders created. If that wasn't a factor, I could have worked past the high of demand of SALE, SALE, SALE, production, production, production along with the longgg hours. Coming in before 8am and leaving after 8pm was torture, however, the reward of getting paid was of course refreshing. The culture helped to increase my work ethic that will guarantee my future success. Although I had challenges with focusing on "being liked" by my leaders, I was able to shift my attention on the culture and becoming more diversified. I learned A LOT and had the opportunity to switch positions. I am able to identify my strengths and weaknesses. With that being said, I can tell you that I don't see myself getting into another high demand sales position.
Pros
food, culture, location, money
Cons
strenuous production, work/life balance
November 26, 2018

Thank you for your review. We appreciate your honesty and constructive feedback. We value our team members experience and we will continue to work on improving that experience as we move forward.

Fun Work Place
Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZOctober 30, 2018
Quicken does a great job at making us want to be at work. It feels more like family than work most of the time. Leadership is always open and available to help you out when needed.
November 1, 2018

Thank you for your kind words about us here at Quicken Loans. We are overjoyed that you have fun working with us! We are devoted to our team members and we are glad that is being reflected within our leadership.

good job for what it's worth
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIOctober 29, 2018
good culture, very competitive, great pay if you are willing to put forth the effort. However, the company does unfortunately make a lot of false promises on advancement.
November 1, 2018

Thank you for your review. We appreciate your observation about our culture here at Quicken Loans! We value your feedback and will continue to work at ways to improve our team member experience.

It was a job
Account Specialist (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIOctober 28, 2018
It was a job I went into thinking I had an opportunity to grow, unfortunately I was very mislead from the beginning. Lots of people come and go in that company, no one seems to stay.
November 1, 2018

Thank you for your review. We are disappointed to hear about your specific experience. So, If you would like, please reach out to us at Lisa@quickenloans.com.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Quicken Loans Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Women's ratings

3.8Fairygodboss Score

75%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

75%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss