Quicken Loans Inc. Employee Reviews

Showing all 1,100 reviews
Lack of Opportunity for Career Development & Growth
Executive Credit Underwriter - QL (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIFebruary 21, 2019
Quicken Loans is automating the processes covering the overall mortgage loan process. The only area of employment offering any opportunity for career development and growth is in technology / IT.
Pros
N/a
Cons
Micro-Manage Leadership
Good company model
Closer (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZFebruary 15, 2019
It was a good company. It had its perks. The flexibility was wonderful. management could have been more professional. The company model was impeccable. They keep you engaged, in the know!
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
it was interesting and fun
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIFebruary 12, 2019
it was a volunteer job that was given to me through my school ands we went to different places and met people. this was an after school activity that was so spectacular.
Pros
everything
Cons
short-term, not a paid job
February 15, 2019

Thank you for your review. We are delighted about your experience with us here at Quicken Loans. Thank you again for your kind words.

Fast- paced, tight security
Guest Services (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHFebruary 10, 2019
I feel the quicken loans arena was a cool place to work but not a career for me, I used it as a stepping stone in life. Some days I would be uncomfortable with the times because events would last longer than they should.
Pros
Free Entertainment
Cons
Short breaks
February 15, 2019

Thank you for your review, we appreciate the transparency and feedback on your position. We will continue to look at ways to improve our team member experience as we value the talent and skills that you bring to our company.

Best palace to work
Senior JAVA Developer (Former Employee) –  MichiganFebruary 3, 2019
Fun. energic group, stay on top of technology,
Friendly, team work; positive; customer and loan process effiency
oriented. Warm, welcome to new comers.
February 15, 2019

Thank you for your review, we are delighted in your experience that you think we are the best place to work!

Great Environment
Mortgage Banking Development Program Intern (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIFebruary 3, 2019
As a Intern at Quicken Loans I had an amazing experience. It is a great place to work and I loved going into work everyday!

Only negative part about working there was the insane amount of hours they ask employees to work. It pays well but it all depends what type of work life balance you are looking for!
February 15, 2019

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. We take pride in our internship program and are so glad that was reflected in your experience with us here at Quicken Loans. We deeply value what you bring to our company and we will continue to look at ways to improve work-life balance.

ok to work for younger people
Quality Assurance Analyst (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIFebruary 1, 2019
review home loans, high quality and standards of work expected in a day. lunch bought a lot and food available everyday. If management likes you you'll stay
Pros
free lunch fun engagements
Cons
to many meetings up and down all day.
February 15, 2019

Thank you for your review. We appreciate your constructive feedback and we will continue to look at ways to improve.

Great Place
Mortgage Loan Originator (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIJanuary 30, 2019
Quicken Loans embraces a great culture and a friendly team environment that is contagious to always do better. The skills i developed there will benefit me not just only in my every day life, but in my future career opportunities.
February 15, 2019

Thank you for your review. We are happy to hear about your observation of our culture here at Quicken Loans. We are glad that you had such a wonderful experience with us and hope others are as well!

The focus is on them
Operations Specialist (Public Records) (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MIJanuary 29, 2019
QL is not a horrible place to work for, just one that takes A LOT of your time. Those with families should think about it many times before applying.
Pros
Payday
Cons
Time Consuming
February 15, 2019

Thank you for your review. We value your feedback and we will continue to look at ways to improve work-life balance.

N/a
Purchase Specialist (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIJanuary 27, 2019
N/A - not a negative or positive experience. Seems to be a very entry-level company all around. They seemed to be hurting with increase in interest rates.
February 15, 2019

Thank you for your thoughts and feedback. We have actually increased our hiring needs! We always strive for a positive team member experience but understand that there is always room to improve.

Great Company to work at.
Executive Purchase Specialist (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIJanuary 26, 2019
Quicken Loans is a great company to work for, the training is top notch and the culture is accepting. The benefits are great and the pay is very good if you able to perform the job. The hours are rough if you have a family so a work-life balance will be hard depending on what position you hold within the company.
February 15, 2019

Thank you for your kind words. We take pride in our training as well as growth of our team members. We appreciate your feedback and will continue to look at ways to improve our work-life balance.

Productive and fun work place
Client Relations Advocate (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIJanuary 24, 2019
The culture at Quicken Loans was very family oriented. Training courses were always easy and helpful. Pay was highest ever received at entry level. Overall great work place
February 15, 2019

Thank you for your review. We are delighted of your observation of our culture as it is something we are very proud of. We are glad that you had such a great experience with us and are hopeful that others are as well!

one of my first full time positions out of college
Financial Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Farmington Hills, MIJanuary 23, 2019
this company is no longer incorporated and is now part of the quicken loans family.

Rock financial was a family atmosphere that i thoroughly enjoyed and learned an amazing amount of skills including how to really earn money and work on people and business development.
Pros
money/benefits/learning opportunities.
Cons
work life balance
Mortgage Banker
Associate/Power Banker (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIJanuary 23, 2019
It is what it is. Everyone kind of knows what they're getting into with this position and that's how it was for me. I knew there would be a ton of drinking the Kool-Aid, but it was much more than I anticapated. 65-70 hours a week on top of it and it just wasn't for me. The only good thing was the sales training.
Work hard, play hard
RESOLUTION ANALYST, FINAL DOCUMENTS (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MIJanuary 23, 2019
Quicken is a great company with a very friendly work environment. Work loads can be overwhelming at times, but directors and leaders are very helpful and listen to feedback provided by team members.
Cool atmosphere
Facilites Support Tech (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIJanuary 21, 2019
Ok place to work for. Especially for young people. Pay is ok, but good perks and discounts. Plenty of food and snacks, team lunches, and dress code is really cool.
Wonderful Company
Mortgage Loan Officer (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJanuary 21, 2019
Quicken Loans is a wonderful company to work for with a lot to offer but the hours are unrealistic. but they do offer a lot of team promotions and fun games it is a nice place to work actually one of the best companies I've ever worked for but the 60 to 65 hours a week is to much.
Pros
Team work is great
Cons
the 65 hours a week are to much
nice and wasn't to stressful
Server (Former Employee) –  Potomac, MDJanuary 19, 2019
its fine wasn't bad the only downside to the whole job was that we wore all black during the time we worked there and that was when it was 90 degrees out the whole day.
Pros
good breaks
Cons
hot weather
The unique work culture is slowly drifting away
Document Resolution Analyst (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MIJanuary 17, 2019
I have worked here since 2015. I use to love coming to work despite the long hours. Recently the company has lost it's spark for employees. There are also limited positions to move within the company lately.
Pros
Company Parties, Free lunches, Downtown atmosphere
Cons
Managment, Slim opportunites for growth, No bonus structure
QL has changed.....so much....Out old CEO income new CEO BOOOOO.
Application Engineer (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MIJanuary 17, 2019
QL used to be a great place to work for, gave up raising my child to my parents so I could work 90+ hours a week so I could prove myself and climb the corporate latter only to then realize that this is just another corporate company trying to get the most out of their workers, which is not what QL's culture proclaims. Since the past left as CEO, and the new CEO has taken his place its all about numbers when prior to his promotion it was all about the people including the clients and team members. Now its just another day trying to make the most profits.
Pros
Walls are brightly colored
Cons
Turning into corporate America when they said they are so not

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Quicken Loans Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

3.3Fairygodboss Score

50%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

60%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss