Quicken Loans Inc. Employee Reviews

Showing all 1,221 reviews
Productive just underpaid
App Engineer (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MISeptember 9, 2019
As a bunsiness analyst I would come in and work my 9 hours and then go home. You are expected to work 45 hours a week and if you vary from that you will get talked too. Most people just grind out their work then leave for the day.
Pros
slushies
Cons
low pay
September 12, 2019

Thank you for your review. We appreciate your honesty and constructive feedback. We value our team member experience but understand that there is always room to improve.

Learned a lot; not great for home-life balance
Account Specialist (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MISeptember 9, 2019
Quicken, on the surface, is a pretty cool company to work for. They're growing, thriving. The office itself is very fun - lots of perks like work outings and free food. My issue is that I think a lot of those perks are just Quicken's way to keep the younger employees satisfied with working long hours with non-commensurate pay. They work you like a dog and then act like the fact that they plan a fun Friday event makes up for it. People get burned out at Quicken a lot. You particularly see people leave once they get a family because the expectations are hard to sustain. Great entry level job for a young person trying to get some experience, but not a place where you can have a life and a career,
Pros
great building, nice people
Cons
long hours, stressful
September 12, 2019

Thank you for your review. We deeply value our team members and the experience that they have with us here at Quicken Loans but understand that there is always room to improve. We will continue to work at this and appreciate your feedback!

Cool place on the outside, but a nightmare on the inside...
Mortgage Banker (Former Employee) –  Livonia, MISeptember 5, 2019
The days were longer than what most factory workers experience. We started work at 9 am, and we were supposed to leave at 5 pm. The problem is that if you tried to leave there would be a look of disgust from everyone on the floor. On a daily basis I would literally work 12-13 hour days but only was paid based on a 40-hour workweek. After all those hours they even requested that you work a couple of weekends a month.
Pros
Cool office
Cons
Storybook career (like dreams of making it to the NBA if you're not athletic), Unrealistic opportunity
September 12, 2019

Thank you for your honesty and constructive feedback. We are happy to say that we have recently implemented a reduced hours program for our bankers. Along with that, we are also providing work from home options as we value the talent and skills that our team members bring to our company and we want to ensure the best team member experience possible.

Fun workplace. Work can be stressful
Underwriter (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MISeptember 2, 2019
Great place to work in regards to culture. Depending on your work it can be stressful but lucrative with bonuses etc. Benefits are great. Bonuses are great but changed too much for the worse
September 12, 2019

Thank you for your constructive feedback. We deeply value the talent and skills that our team members bring to our company and we will continue to strive for the best team member experience possible.

Shuttle bus to H*ll
Mortgage Banker (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIAugust 31, 2019
they have a good training program and if you make it through training they pay for all of your licenses. you will be micromanaged every second of the day and expected to work 60 hours per week. if you are really good you can make over $100k per year but most people aren’t good enough to make that much. the best thing to do is quit after they pay for your licenses and work at another lender because you can make twice as much money somewhere else. quicken loans is the most expensive lender in the country so you will sell a lot more loans if you work somewhere else.
September 12, 2019

Thank you for your constructive feedback. We appreciate the time you took to write this review and will continue to work towards the best team member experience possible.

Payoff Specialist (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MIAugust 29, 2019
So many perks.
Love the QL outings!
Great atmosphere
Amazing benefits
Amazing gifts and prizes all the time.
Great culture
You make amazing friends
The pay is awesome
When you’re at work you forget that you’re working 11 or 12 hr days.
No complaints at all.
Pros
Too many
September 12, 2019

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. We are delighted about your observation of our culture and atmosphere and we will always be committed to our team members experience. We hope to hear more great reviews as we believe others are having a great experience just like yourself!

No work life balance
Purchase Banker (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIAugust 29, 2019
Excellent compensation. Non stop work. No work life balance. Stressful but fun and energetic setting. Great fit for single person with no kids maybe a recent college graduate
September 12, 2019

Thank you for your review. We are committed to our team member experience and will continue to improve our work-life balance.

An amazing company with a great since of culture and great compensation.
Mortgage Loan Originator (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIAugust 29, 2019
I'm truly grateful to have had the pleasure to work at the largest and number one rated mortgage lending company in the United States. I acquired several skills in salesmanship, organization, and detail orientation in a fast paced work environment. The greatest aspect of Quicken Loans, perhaps rivaled with it's compensation, is the family like culture of Quicken Loand. You really feel important and there are several resources available to assist in your growth.
September 12, 2019

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. We are committed to creating a comfortable, transparent and collaborative environment for all of our employees, so we are overjoyed that is being reflected in your experience.

Fun place to work and good management
Mortgage Loan Originator (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIAugust 28, 2019
Fun work environment which helped the days go by faster. I would rate the management high for being present and available since they are with you everyday at the office. However, job security is very low there is a high turn over rate here.
September 12, 2019

Thank you for your review. We are committed to our team members and their experience with us here at Quicken Loans so we are glad you enjoy our work environment and we understand that there is always room to improve.

Snakes everywhere
Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIAugust 28, 2019
I worked there for 6 years. I worked on 3 different teams. I was mostly happy, except for the work-life balance. You sacrifice a lot. I enjoyed working with most folks and have made lifelong friends there. HOWEVER... watch your back. There are some very shady folks in leadership. If they don't like you, you are history. If you make any complaints to HR, they go ignored or even worse, they tell you there's no problem. I have documented and medically recognized mental disabilities that sometimes affect my mood. I was told by a leader to get over my issues. I reported it to HR citing the ADA and they said that I was wrong in feeling attacked or discriminated against even though I'm a protected individual. A few months later I was terminated due to job performance. Out of all of my team members, I was the only one who was expected to perform at 100% goal daily. I was also told I was not allowed to have any unscheduled absences for 6 months. I have medical issues and a special needs child. Unscheduled absences are expected on occasion. The goals they set for me were unattainable and unfair considering that no one else reached 100% goal everyday, nor were they expected to. My direct leader was best friends with one of her subordinates who had no idea what she was doing, but was chosen for work trips and even got to hold the same title as me, without experience. If anyone other than her made a mistake, we were reprimanded. If she messed up, it was treated as no big deal. Prior to this experience with this particular team, I was a valuable, model employee. I was recognized for this  more... by being chosen several times to serve on committees throughout my time there. I served as an ambassador/liaison between team members and leadership, chosen by "upper management". I was elected to kickstart two different programs that help create a better culture. I was entrusted to help close on deals with HIGH PRIORITY clients for years, including CEOs. I worked directly with several government entities, both local and national. I had positive reviews every year. I had emails from some of the most famous clients personally thanking me and recognizing my hard work. But none of that matter once I complained about being discriminated against. Those in leadership chose their friends for everything, including work related trips that the company paid for and they turned into a party weekend with just their buddies. The rest of the team heard all about it. Its cliquey and terrible unless you're one of them. I tried to leave the team but my team leader would not give me a recommendation to other tes because she said I did not meet goals even though I technically had more work than others on my team. For instance, I would be expected to work on 50 tasks, others would have 30 as tgeir goal. They would do 20, I could do 49 and still, because I didn't get 50, I was reprimanded. That was so unfair.  less
September 12, 2019

We are extremely disappointed to hear about your experience and we would like to discuss it further. If you would like to, please reach out to us at Lisa@quickenloans.com.

Productive & Fun with an Open Door policy
Account Specialist/Resolution Specialist (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIAugust 27, 2019
I am in a call center environment so i take calls we listen to music, my leader sits on the floor with us and or team captains are taking calls as well. We have free snacks and all access to different food options being downtown. On the weekend or in your free time we could also get discounts on hotels, restaurants, gyms, and much more
September 12, 2019

Thank you for your review. We are glad you enjoy working here just as much as we do! We do our best to create the best team member experience possible and are so happy that is being reflected.

Demanding yet rewarding
Mortgage Loan Officer (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MIAugust 27, 2019
This job is very demanding. Requires a lot of commitment on the fron end. The hours are not 9 to 5 s must be very flexible and have a lot of support from family if you have children. The benefits are amazing and start on day one. What I appreciate is management and leadership commits the same amount of hours as team members, so they are leading by example.
September 12, 2019

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. We are glad your leaders are setting such a good example!

Intern
Training Coordinator Intern (Former Employee) –  DetroitAugust 26, 2019
Pay is extremely low, interns were not paid overtime but expected to work overtime hours. Interns are forced to attend ridiculous "team outings" which are mandatory but after working hours and unpaid. They did not care if you had an actual life and important things to do and werent a "normal" intern. I was yelled at multiple times for not attending the team outings because I had things to do at home.
Everyone drinks the kool aid there, they think everything the CEOs/upper management says is gold and that all the people not upper management are wrong. Interns are treated like scapegoats. In my experience (in a group of about 10 interns), I was the one who was yelled at, made fun of in team meetings, got called out (I was out sick one day and called in to the manager in charge while mine was out, my manager came back and told everyone how wrong this was-used me as an example). I left Quicken after 4 months of interning and was HAPPY to leave. My mother was dying of cancer and I had to go back home to a different state. I told them this and they assumed i'd be COMING BACK to finish my internship!! My mother was dying! My mom died in September and I came back and told them I was just cleaning out my desk. I asked if when I do move back to Michigan if there was any possibility of advancement-NOPE. All the other interns received full time positions, I didn't, because I left for my dying mother.
Pros
work environment, supplies, free snacks
Cons
interns treated as subhuman, open desks very distracting, team meetings very toxic, toxic culture, waste of time with team outings, required overtime unpaid, required team outings unpaid
September 12, 2019

We are extremely disappointed to hear about your experience and are so sorry to hear about your mother. Please reach out to us at Lisa@quickenloans.com so we can discuss your situation together.

Run don't walk away from considering working for Quicken Loans
POWER BANKER (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIAugust 24, 2019
All smoke and mirrors. Very stressful. Management talk to employees like they have four legs and a tail. Very unhappy people work there. Everyone is trying to leave.
August 27, 2019

We are disappointed to hear about your experience and think it would be helpful to discuss further. Please reach out to us at Lisa@quickenloans.com.

Great workplace culture
Event Management Intern (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIAugust 24, 2019
Quicken Loans is a fast-paced work environment that challenges your creativity and organization while nurturing new business and personal skills. This company is amazing to work with and will be a great experience for those who are seeking a new challenge.
August 27, 2019

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. We are glad that you enjoyed your time here as an intern with us as we take great pride in our internship program!

Guest Service
Guest Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHAugust 24, 2019
I enjoyed working at the Quicken loan Area and interaction with people and being a team player assisting and beeing a problem solver and the see people happy with my work
August 27, 2019

Thank you for your review! We are so glad that you enjoyed working with us here at Quicken Loans.

Good Culture
Mortgage Banker (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIAugust 21, 2019
Awesome culture.Fund place to work but it better be fore how many hours you'll be in the office. You have to give up everything else in your life to be successful here.
August 27, 2019

Thank you for your review. We are glad that you love the culture just as much as we do! We appreciate your feedback and will continue to look at ways to improve work-life balance.

Nice building aesthetics
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIAugust 20, 2019
Over worked and under paid
Management is decente
Love the culture and people but my position was horrible
Lots of activities and team building events/functions
August 27, 2019

Good benefits and pay except everything else is a joke.
Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIAugust 12, 2019
Worked here for 3 years, offered decent compensation and benefits, colleagues were great, and downtown Detroit is beautiful. However these perks didn't really didn't address the incompetence of Senior Leadership. Between advancing folks who were obviously ill-prepared for the role and turning an shoulder when things go south, the folks at the top of this "flat" organization don't seem very concerned about anyone else. This is just another large corporate office with a startup facade. If you're looking for a junior position, or maybe something after a bootcamp, this place would be fine. For those with a more sophisticated understanding of software and technology, I'd recommend taking your talents elsewhere.
August 27, 2019

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. We appreciate your honesty and constructive feedback as we are always looking for ways to improve. We will continue to work at this to provide the best team member experience possible.

Productive and Fun Workplace!
Resolution Specialist (Former Employee) –  Downtown DetroitAugust 12, 2019
Fun, steady paced work environment. Mostly trouble shooting for clients to help them access their QL accounts or guiding the client through the QL site in order to get their 1098 printed.
August 14, 2019

Thank you for your review and detail for potential candidates looking into positions similar to yours! We are so glad that you had fun working with us here at Quicken Loans!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Quicken Loans Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

3.6Fairygodboss Score

57%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

57%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss