Quicken Loans Inc. Employee Reviews

Showing all 1,155 reviews
ok to work for younger people
Quality Assurance Analyst (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIFebruary 1, 2019
review home loans, high quality and standards of work expected in a day. lunch bought a lot and food available everyday. If management likes you you'll stay
Pros
free lunch fun engagements
Cons
to many meetings up and down all day.
February 15, 2019

Thank you for your review. We appreciate your constructive feedback and we will continue to look at ways to improve.

Great Place
Mortgage Loan Originator (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIJanuary 30, 2019
Quicken Loans embraces a great culture and a friendly team environment that is contagious to always do better. The skills i developed there will benefit me not just only in my every day life, but in my future career opportunities.
February 15, 2019

Thank you for your review. We are happy to hear about your observation of our culture here at Quicken Loans. We are glad that you had such a wonderful experience with us and hope others are as well!

The focus is on them
Operations Specialist (Public Records) (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MIJanuary 29, 2019
QL is not a horrible place to work for, just one that takes A LOT of your time. Those with families should think about it many times before applying.
Pros
Payday
Cons
Time Consuming
February 15, 2019

Thank you for your review. We value your feedback and we will continue to look at ways to improve work-life balance.

N/a
Purchase Specialist (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIJanuary 27, 2019
N/A - not a negative or positive experience. Seems to be a very entry-level company all around. They seemed to be hurting with increase in interest rates.
February 15, 2019

Thank you for your thoughts and feedback. We have actually increased our hiring needs! We always strive for a positive team member experience but understand that there is always room to improve.

Great Company to work at.
Executive Purchase Specialist (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIJanuary 26, 2019
Quicken Loans is a great company to work for, the training is top notch and the culture is accepting. The benefits are great and the pay is very good if you able to perform the job. The hours are rough if you have a family so a work-life balance will be hard depending on what position you hold within the company.
February 15, 2019

Thank you for your kind words. We take pride in our training as well as growth of our team members. We appreciate your feedback and will continue to look at ways to improve our work-life balance.

Productive and fun work place
Client Relations Advocate (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIJanuary 24, 2019
The culture at Quicken Loans was very family oriented. Training courses were always easy and helpful. Pay was highest ever received at entry level. Overall great work place
February 15, 2019

Thank you for your review. We are delighted of your observation of our culture as it is something we are very proud of. We are glad that you had such a great experience with us and are hopeful that others are as well!

one of my first full time positions out of college
Financial Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Farmington Hills, MIJanuary 23, 2019
this company is no longer incorporated and is now part of the quicken loans family.

Rock financial was a family atmosphere that i thoroughly enjoyed and learned an amazing amount of skills including how to really earn money and work on people and business development.
Pros
money/benefits/learning opportunities.
Cons
work life balance
March 27, 2019

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. We appreciate your constructive feedback and we will continue to work on improving work-life balance as we are committed to our team members experience.

Mortgage Banker
Associate/Power Banker (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIJanuary 23, 2019
It is what it is. Everyone kind of knows what they're getting into with this position and that's how it was for me. I knew there would be a ton of drinking the Kool-Aid, but it was much more than I anticapated. 65-70 hours a week on top of it and it just wasn't for me. The only good thing was the sales training.
March 27, 2019

Thank you for your review. We want to be as transparent with our candidates as possible when they are apply for a position as we value their time and experience with us. We take pride in our training and development here at Quicken Loans and are glad that was reflected in your experience.

Work hard, play hard
RESOLUTION ANALYST, FINAL DOCUMENTS (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MIJanuary 23, 2019
Quicken is a great company with a very friendly work environment. Work loads can be overwhelming at times, but directors and leaders are very helpful and listen to feedback provided by team members.
March 27, 2019

Thank you for your review. We are delighted about your observation of our environment and leadership team as we are here for all of our team members and do everything we can to create a comfortable, transparent and collaborative surroundings.

Cool atmosphere
Facilites Support Tech (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIJanuary 21, 2019
Ok place to work for. Especially for young people. Pay is ok, but good perks and discounts. Plenty of food and snacks, team lunches, and dress code is really cool.
March 27, 2019

Thank you for your review. We are glad that you enjoyed working here. We want to create a comfortable environment with our team members including the relaxed attire that you mentioned.

Wonderful Company
Mortgage Loan Officer (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJanuary 21, 2019
Quicken Loans is a wonderful company to work for with a lot to offer but the hours are unrealistic. but they do offer a lot of team promotions and fun games it is a nice place to work actually one of the best companies I've ever worked for but the 60 to 65 hours a week is to much.
Pros
Team work is great
Cons
the 65 hours a week are to much
March 27, 2019

Thank you for your review. We are committed to our team member experience and will continue to improve our work-life balance.

nice and wasn't to stressful
Server (Former Employee) –  Potomac, MDJanuary 19, 2019
its fine wasn't bad the only downside to the whole job was that we wore all black during the time we worked there and that was when it was 90 degrees out the whole day.
Pros
good breaks
Cons
hot weather
March 27, 2019

We do not have an office in Maryland nor require all black clothing at Quicken Loans but we appreciate your review!

The unique work culture is slowly drifting away
Document Resolution Analyst (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MIJanuary 17, 2019
I have worked here since 2015. I use to love coming to work despite the long hours. Recently the company has lost it's spark for employees. There are also limited positions to move within the company lately.
Pros
Company Parties, Free lunches, Downtown atmosphere
Cons
Managment, Slim opportunites for growth, No bonus structure
March 27, 2019

Thank you for giving us your thoughts. We appreciate your honesty and constructive feedback. We value our team member experience but understand that there is always room to improve.

QL has changed.....so much....Out old CEO income new CEO BOOOOO.
Application Engineer (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MIJanuary 17, 2019
QL used to be a great place to work for, gave up raising my child to my parents so I could work 90+ hours a week so I could prove myself and climb the corporate latter only to then realize that this is just another corporate company trying to get the most out of their workers, which is not what QL's culture proclaims. Since the past left as CEO, and the new CEO has taken his place its all about numbers when prior to his promotion it was all about the people including the clients and team members. Now its just another day trying to make the most profits.
Pros
Walls are brightly colored
Cons
Turning into corporate America when they said they are so not
March 27, 2019

Thank you for your feedback. We are committed to creating a comfortable, transparent and collaborative environment for all of our employees, so we are disappointed to hear about some of your experiences. We value your feedback and we will continue to find ways to improve.

great place
Associate Mortgage Banker (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIJanuary 14, 2019
the benefits are some of the best in the country. the culture is also something to be admired. work ethic is a little tough especially the required hours .
March 27, 2019

Thank you for your review. We are delighted about your experience with our culture as it is something we pride ourselves on here at Quicken Loans. We are committed to our team members and will continue to improve our work-life balance.

great place to work!
Loan Analyst (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MIJanuary 14, 2019
quicken is an awesome place to work especially for millineals and recent grads. There is major opportunity for growth but you have to be willing to put in a lot of time.
Pros
culture, benefits, networking opportunities
Cons
job security
March 27, 2019

Thank you for your review. We are so glad that you enjoy working here just as much as we do. We are committed to helping our team members grow and creating a comfortable & collaborative environment.

Over Promised Under Delivered
Mortgage Banker (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJanuary 14, 2019
Work life balance is non-existent. It will "always get better" and they "always have our team members best interest at heart". It's a lot of fluff and insane hours with constant pressure and anxiety. A typical work day starts at 8am and the schedule doesn't end until 7 but if you don't stay late or get off the phone early to wrap up the day you will be scolded. The schedule is more or less a suggestion. It's very likely you will be working 6-7 days per week. It's a revolving door with the average tenure only to be just under 2 years at QL. If you refused to come into the office on your days off, you can be threatened with separation. They advise that this is a 6 day a week job and you knew what you're getting into.. The job was sold to me with 1 weekend day a month and one to twoSundays per year. Instead I'm told to work every weekend even if it's not on the schedule. The office is very nice in Phoenix, something you'd be hard pressed to find anywhere else. The only problem is that you're expected to never leave it. They offer remote programs and reduced hours, but it seems they were created as a specialty and impossible to achieve. Culture is good, if not a little fratty. I'd like sports if I were you because every analogy is related to it. It started off as a great place to be, I felt as if I were a true Team Member. Not a dictated employee. They're constantly hiring with the corporate big brother feeling growing and family atmosphere nearly completely gone. You will have no voice at Quicken Loans. You are simply a number.
Pros
Benefits, paid vacation
Cons
Insane hours, no voice in the day to day, weekends always
March 27, 2019

Thank you for your honesty and feedback. We try to be as transparent with our team members when they are applying for positions but understand that there is always room to improve. We are happy to say that we have recently implemented a reduced hours program for our bankers. Along with that, we are also providing work from home options as we value the talent and skills that our team members bring to our company and we want to ensure the best team member experience possible.

Good place to gain experience.
Intern (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIJanuary 10, 2019
Many opportunities to shadow and learn all about the business. Good perks and benefits for team members. Numerous events and volunteer opportunities.
May 7, 2019

Thank you for your review! We deeply value helping our team members grow their careers and knowledge and are glad that is being reflected in your experience.

Fake Culture
Inventory Specialist (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MIJanuary 10, 2019
Everything you hear about Quicken Loans is how great of a place it is to work and how fantastic the culture is. People say the environment is so friendly and inviting, yet many people (especially the entitled bankers) ignore 'the little guys' existence. I believe that people say it is a good culture because of all the pretty colors that are decorating the buildings. Honestly, that is more childish and unprofessional than anything else. People say that all the benefits are what make it so great, yet those are slowly shrinking. Everything that makes QL "so great and different" is gone.

One of the biggest things I hear from executives is how QL is different and we don't do things how other companies do. These days QL is 100% becoming like any other large corporation in how things run. Literally the excuse for changing to inefficient processes is because that's how other large companies work. Well, then don't pride yourself on being different.

QL is the same. The same as any other large corporation, just treating their employees like numbers.

On top of that I make $15/hour and do an extreme amount of work (while they continue to add more work to our plate without a pay bump).

I highly recommend looking elsewhere. Don't get stuck here.
May 7, 2019

Thank you for your review. We appreciate your honesty and constructive feedback. We are committed to creating a comfortable, transparent and collaborative environment for all of our team members but understand that there is always room to improve and we will continue to work at doing so.

Extremely fun for Interns
Mortgage Banking Development Intern (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MIJanuary 8, 2019
I was an intern during the summer of 2018. I got to shadow bankers and see what everyday life would be like as an employee! Half of my summer was spent studying for the SAFE test which was an extremely rigorous test. QL provides great training for this test, but you have to put in the work if you want to pass
Pros
Snacks, cool people, inviting culture
Cons
long hours, strict leaders
May 7, 2019

Thank you for your review. We are glad that you had such a fun internship with us here at Quicken Loans! We take great pride in our internship program and we appreciate your feedback.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Quicken Loans Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.7InHerSight Score

3.9Personal Development

3.6Career Opportunities

3.5Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight