Quidel Corporation Employee Reviews

A bit chaotic
Medical Device Sales (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJanuary 29, 2019
The compensation was good, and so was the autonomy. The direction of the company changed regularly and caused a lot of stress with sales reps. Some good sales leaders and some really bad ones.
Pros
Autonomy if you're hitting your goals. Great income.
Cons
Poor leadership in many cases with some of the best employees leaving.
Great people and environment
Quality Engineering Intern (Former Employee) –  La Jolla, CAJanuary 24, 2019
They were going through an acquisition at the time, so that caused some heightened stress. Overall, it was a great experience and everyone is really helpful and collaborative. Management is for the most part very communicative.
Great Company to be employed
SERVICE DESK ENGINEER (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAOctober 13, 2018
I really can't complain about the company. Everyone is kind and the company knows how to treat their employees. CEO like to get plugged in with the employees.
Awesome coworkers but horrible management
Quality Control Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  Miramar, CASeptember 23, 2018
I enjoyed my time there because of the people there.
Constant interaction with your co-workers. Teamwork is a must.
Con: The pay and lack of opportunity to advance. Management would have meetings to listen to and improve worker satisfaction but never really fell through with their promises to improve working conditions.
Accounting
Accounting Associate I (Temporary Position) (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CASeptember 5, 2018
I was just a temporary employee, but it was a fantastic company to work for, your own cubicle, own space, they let you order whatever you want from Office Dept, Comfortable setting, Coffee machine.
Medical Device Manufacturing Company
SR Manager, Cell Culture Operations (Current Employee) –  Athens, OHMay 23, 2018
Quidel Corporation is a large Medical Device Manufacturing Company with divisions and staff all over the world. The company is fast growing with many opportunities for employment and advancement.
Productive fast paced environment, but its competitive
Medical Supply Inspector (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAMay 22, 2018
The workers there are pretty mellow but there are some that are nasty, some get very picky and don't help you out or if you ask for help for whatever reason there is always a side bar conversation behind your back.
Quidel bought the company I worked for
Technical Consultant (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAMarch 21, 2018
I decided to stay on part time, as a technical consultant, after our facility closed to help with the Quidel folks in Athens, Ohio since I got to know them during my visit and really liked them
Poor hours and mean hateful supervisors
Shipping Associate (Former Employee) –  Athens, OHFebruary 18, 2018
If you like being lied too and lied about this is the place for you. The only way to advance is to lie. You will not get promoted for your work ethics, quality of work or the knowledge you have.
Benefits
Cons
Management, Hr, and supervisors will not do anything to help you nor will they do anyrhong they say they will
Good place, mistake leaving
Maintenance Mechanic (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CADecember 9, 2017
Good people, clean, rewarding, multiple technologies to learn,. Hardest pat of job, sometimes busy, demanding to keep production going, (kind of normal in manufacturing).
not bad if you can get full time
Packaging Specialist (Former Employee) –  Athens, OHNovember 29, 2017
not a bad work environment. people were friendly and helpful. low pay but easy work. being on part time status kept pay low. new opportunities every day
great place to work
Packing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Athens, OHOctober 24, 2017
It's a good place to work the management and supervisors are great willing to help you out what ever your needs are. The most laid back company I have ever worked for
Pros
great corp to work for
Cons
poor wages
Worst supervision I've ever encountered!
Packaging Specialist (Current Employee) –  Athens, OHAugust 3, 2017
I have worked since I was 16- that is almost 50 years. I have a college degree, and several years experience working in different areas around this country. I have never been treated with such disrespect and negativity. My immediate supervisor had obvious low intelligence, was very crude and vulgar, but also had a very mean streak that made it a very difficult work environment. I felt humiliated, degraded and frustrated everyday I worked there.
Pros
Only other company in Athens, Ohio- except for the University
Cons
Treated very very badly and pay was horrible
Good Work Life Balance
Manager (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAJuly 27, 2017
I have never had to work a weekend. I don't stress much but i do get bored and wish i was challenged more. Also growth is slow and sometimes none existent.
Pros
good work life balance
Cons
raises are small pay is not the best in industry
Not a great place to work
Packaging (Former Employee) –  Athens, OhioJuly 3, 2017
Not a professional work environment. Several of the employees there were mean and, to be honest, petty. The work itself was easy enough. I just wish people there would have been kinder.
off site company
QA Analyst (Former Employee) –  Santa Clara, CAJune 23, 2017
The company or at least the site was small and the corporate offices and the main manufacturing site is in San Diego. My co-workers are very easy to work with and the culture is welcoming.
Quidel
Customer Service Representative I (Former Employee) –  Athens, OHApril 26, 2017
Great company to work for. My co-workers were friendly and helpful. We had a lot of team building activities, which was nice. I had great benefits working for Quidel. The only reason for leaving the company was because my husband was relocated.
Immature!
Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  Athens, OHJanuary 19, 2017
Other branches of Quidel may be ok but what I found while employed in the Athens location was an EXTREMLY immature work place, Including "management."

Some of the managers spent more time gossiping, flirting and engaging in inappropriate behavior than they did work which example inturn set a bad example to follow.

If high school drama is your thing this would be a great place to work, if not take note of Quidel Athens culture.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Pay, management
Low pay, terrible management, extremely childish environment
Lab Associate (Former Employee) –  Athens, OHJanuary 12, 2017
Graduated from college and wanted to start my research career. Was hired and very quickly learned this company was not what a real, mature work environment is like.

Management was terrible: non existent until an issue arose and instead of solving the problem they often times made the matter worse. Most of them gained there positions not by aptitude but by attrition.

Extremely immature environment in general, very " high school" like with all the gossip and back stabbing. There literally a group who shared a lunch table and referred to themselves as "the cool kids club."

The pay was absolutely terrible.
Pros
Benefits, labor level employees, experience to build your resume
Cons
Pay, management
Small company with talented employees and interesting challenging technology.
Production Manger (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CADecember 9, 2016
A good place to work allowing freedom to innovate.
Difficult dealing with seasonality of supply chain and associated training in production.