Quikrete

Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • Support from manager
  • Trust in colleagues

Wasnt too bad to work at

I worked for them for 3years and it was cold in the winter hot in the summer. Dirty all of the time. The advancement for this job was horrible and the hours were even worse... the pay wasn't bad but wasn't great either. Just couldn't see myself being able to advance anywhere in this company because of the tenure guys blocking the way... and they will not transfer you to be able to move up unless you are part of the upper management. For someone desperate yes it's a good job... but for anyone trying to get somewhere not so much.

Pros

N/a

Cons

Pick something...

Worker

Needs a lot of updating and they don’t care. Need to invest in training and computer program. Need to invest in making things easier for employees instead of making it harder.

Overall positive

A good casual job overall. management and coworkers are for the most part flexible and helpful. only negative thing would be the lack of advancement opportunities.

A Charlie Foxtrot.

Never have I worked for a company that care’s so little for its employees. Management is a joke with exception of a few. Production is always running out of product putting a huge burden on the drivers.Delivery logistics is a nightmare.

Pros

Great place for drivers with little to no experience and have no ambition to ever advance.

Cons

Drivers are “urged” to drive unsafe equipment and not complain

Great company, benefits are grea, just not what I'm looking

Good company. The pay is the problem. People bust their behind's for low pay. The Job is great, but the pay down here in Milton, FL. Is b.s. The work is getting done, but People aren't getting paid what they are worth. Love the company. GREAT BENNIFITS. People generally love working there. It's just hard to keep people at such a low pay. It's a great learning experience for valuable employees. Just keep the appreciation up & then everything will work out.

Pros

Laid back atmosphere. The work is progressing. Good people. No room for advancement!

Cons

Hours very, but that's o.k. No room for Advancement.

Care to share?

Help people considering your employer. Share your experience.

They push you to produce

Always want productions but don’t like to pay. Work the star employees and no reward while lazy workers have the benefits of others labor. Been asking for a evaluation for a raise still no response.

Cons

Short break pay is low

Honestly, I can say that I absolutely love my job. We have a great plant manager who helps you succeed in your position. You get backed up in your decisions and congratulated on a job well done. Every place has learning curves, you have to decide to stick it out. The harder the work, the more you will make. Don't expect to be handed a raise if you complain constantly.

Pros

Birthday lunches, Thanksgiving Turkeys, Christmas Hams

Cons

Healthcare could be better.

Micromanaged to the fullest

I couldn’t give them zero star the Absolute worst place I’ve ever worked I hated to work there no future to grow and become successful ,I have experience and I wouldn’t recommend this place to my worst enemy. Was hired as fast as I got fired with no real reason good luck to those who apply here.

Pros

A paycheck one good co-workers

Cons

Micromanaged, lied, hours cut

Old machines that are always breaking down

Not a place I would recommend something is broke down every day. Cant do job because of breakdowns. Only pros is giid co workers. Insurance is ok but a little pricey

If you are second shift kiss any personal life goodbye

Good luck with a social life and for anything to be properly fixed. They demand radios yet give you rocks and coconuts. A real giligans island. Approach with caution.

Pros

Free lunch on Saturdays

Cons

Mandatory Saturdays

Worst company i have ever worked for

I worked for this co.pany for 6 years and was a supervisor. I worked 14 hour days, hard work. When I got covid pneumonia and was hospitalized on oxygen I got out and they would not accommodate me with a different position away from the poisonous chemicals. The management is a joke....and so are there fake polices they only use when they want to....STAY AWAY

Pros

Cons

They will suck you dry then throw you out

Half decent pay

Horrible company to work for. They could care less about the employee. You are nothing but a number on a time clock. Poor management poor planning and very poor dispatch. You spend more time sitting and waiting then actually working. No recognition for your accomplishments.

Pros

Half decent pay

Cons

Everything about the company

Coworkers are super fun

If you’re reading this DO NOT join quikrete sun valley, the positive reviews are from family members of the managers, they all work there! Also the lady from HR has a lot of family in there!

Pros

Coworkers

Cons

Safety, low wages

Understanding employer

The employer works with employees who may have difficult or changing schedules and try to be as understanding as possible about changing schedules and try to allow time off as needed.

Pros

Winter bonus check and occasionally catered lunches

Cons

Typically 50 hour minimum work week

Decent place

Hard work and upper management does not always appreciate efforts from employees. Pay is low for work performed, communication and organization could be better.

A job

Great management. Great co workers. Just a very dirty and physical job. I was hired as Haver operator but did more shoveling of concrete waste. The pay for the expectations of new operators is very un balanced. They make the operator responsible for all job functions while expecting them to also clean the entire building. They said it was because its the most important position but they pay you as if it is not.

Unorganized

This has to be the most unorganized companies I have ever worked for. There are too many hands in the pot. Management barks orders and they demand you to complete unrealistic goals for the company. They’re number driven and that’s all

Pros

Cons

Expensive health insurance that doesn’t cover much

Just a number

Never felt like there was respect for the non Spanish speakers. No problem stating drivers are a dime a dozen. The women in the office were great people.

Pros

Got paid

Cons

Plant manager didn’t respect drivers

Fun place to work. But

Production employees are underpaid. The vacation time is fair but the health insurance is expensive and the copay is ridiculous. Would recommend as a first job but wouldn't stick around for long

Pros

Work enviornment

Cons

Healthcare 401k match

Bad upper Management

The Upper Management offers no support to the field management and does not walk the talk that is required for a successful work culture. No support when needed, favoritism, retaliation, and staffing issues prevent this company from becoming an enjoyable company to grow and build a career at.

Pros

Local

Cons

Upper Management

The good and bad for every job

It's a relaxed environment with no micromanaging. You know your job and you get it done BUT management seems to be on different pages. My department had 3 manager and none of them seem to know what the next manager knows. If we were to lose one of them now we would be lost because they don't know the other manager's job or information. Our department also needs to get with the trend! We need to go paperless. We handle A LOT of paper, A LOT! With that said it is a great company with a great staff for the most part.

Pros

You set your own work load. As long as your job is done they done care when you do it.

Cons

Management need to communicate better with each other.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Quikrete. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.9

• Quikrete
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?