Quiksilver Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Quiksilver is an easy entry level retail job
Part-time Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Jersey shore Premium outletsJune 23, 2018
The job will teach you to engage with customers and educate you on how to properly make sales. The job does not demand much of you, you just show up and do what you are supposed to do, I would recommend the job to anyone that wants to build retail experience.
Pros
Easy work
Cons
A lot of downtime.
Relaxed
SALES AND STOCK ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJune 20, 2018
With the right store manager, your co-workers can become your second family. The environment is relaxed, but it has its stressful moments when holidays come around.
I love quicksilver and what the company stands for.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Hollywood, FLJune 20, 2018
I fit right into quicksilver ! I absolutely love this company. It provided me with a home and a family at work. The aloha attitude is a wonderful thing to practice. Career advancement did not happen for me though because the space was not available. I am sure eventually I would have been able to advance. It is a very relaxed and very family oriented company. Hoping quiksilver can continue to push forward and make more sales. I will always notice the logo when I am out and about. Thank you quicksilver for being a kind, genuine, caring company ! Would love to return !
Pros
Wonderful people, great working hours, teamwork, amazing training, lifelong friends
Cons
No commission, hourly wage minimal
Terrible Company
Customer Service Rep / Dispatch (Former Employee) –  Independence, MOMay 7, 2018
A typical day at work started at 7am and it was non-stop phone calls about overcharges until I got off of work at 5pm. My paycheck every week was likely to bounce, so I had to constantly find new places to cash my check every week. After working there for a few months, I began to notice that the overcharges were unnecessarily high. A typical ride to the airport, which I booked all the time, was about $40-$55 depending on the address. However, most people were charged an upwards of $300 or more. I was constantly berated by customers who were unhappy with the service, and/or were overcharged. It was an extremely stressful environment; though, I did learn a lot about how to turn an extremely angry customer into a somewhat satiated one. The hardest part about the job was that when I hung up the phone, I knew I would have to deal with the same issue during the next phone call. There were no enjoyable moments other than the learning experience I took away from the job.
Pros
Cons
Almost everything
Fun and Productive Workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Lehi, UTApril 27, 2018
Very fun work environment. You get a great discount on the clothing, and the job isn't hard. No benefits, but can easily work your way up. Flexible hours.
casual, nice perks but turbulent times
Accounting (Former Employee) –  Huntington Beach, CAApril 24, 2018
I was brought in during a culture shift in 2012-2013. Most employees had been there for 15+ years and had no other experience than that of Quiksilver. This made it difficult to execute my job as most management was not interested in change. As new management was brought in, my job became a bit easier.
Laid Back Workplace
Floor Sales (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 16, 2018
I enjoyed working at this store due to the wide variety of customers who came through. I got to interact with people from all walks of life and discuss the stores merchandise with them. This was a great experience for a high school/college student.
Sales Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Huntington Beach, CAApril 11, 2018
I loved working at Quiksilver. Great work life balance, and employees were treated very well.

Relaxed/laid back atmosphere, and everyone was like family.
Cons
Salaries are very low
Great pay and great travel
Courier/Driver (Former Employee) –  West Allis, WIMarch 29, 2018
If you're looking for a tone of overtime they've got it. You'll also have the opportunity to do some traveling if that interests you. the bad side is there's no benefits.
Great job easy going and efficant working
Stocker (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLFebruary 13, 2018
I loved the management everyone got along and everyone helped to get things done the correct way. The supervisors really worked just has hard as the part timers. witch makes no one feel less then or more.
Fun Place
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Livermore, CAFebruary 11, 2018
My staff was the best part and my DM was awesome. The company prides itself on the work/life culture and having fun while you're at work. My district was pretty close knit for being so far from each other
Pros
Work/Life balance was encouraged
Cons
No training
Awesome Job
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Sunrise, FLFebruary 2, 2018
Very good first job, learned a lot from everyone here. Managers don't know how to correspond with each other. Associates will have your back. Love meeting customers from all over the world.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Confusion
Great company to work for
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Mira Loma, CAFebruary 2, 2018
Great company to work for, employees are very friendly and worked as a team. Best manager I've worked for.
Loved that it was a 40 hour job per week and over time was rare.
Pros
Best manager
Cons
Short breaks
Company built off of team work
Sales/shift supervisor (Former Employee) –  Anaheim, CAJanuary 31, 2018
I learned the the value of great and genuine customer service and the effectiveness of how to run a team. We would do a daily huddle to go over the days goals in terms of sales and in terms of personal growth. I learned how to treat everyone is every position as a person of value. The management was always encouraging associates to not only improve themselves but to improve the team. The hardest part of the job was probably the mental strain and physical strain that all retail jobs can have during the busy parts of the year. The most enjoyable part was to work in an environment that helped sharpen my customer service skills, I really grew here as an employee and as an individual.
Fun workplace
File Clerk (Former Employee) –  Huntington Beach, CAJanuary 26, 2018
Creating employees hired/fired files also filling all documents and organizing file cabinets management was very friendly everyone there was very friendly and we would also get employee discounts and special sale days never a dull moment
Pros
merchandise discounts
Cons
my time there was short
Low pay, long hours, expensive
Driver (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJanuary 11, 2018
They don't pay you mileage or gas. Lots of wear on your own vehicle. Expensive car insurance. Long hours for little pay. No benefits what so ever. No paid holidays, vacations, raises,medical insurance or 401. Not to sure how honest they are with the billing. They do not want to tell you what you will be paid for a
delivery. Example. Drive 40 miles to make $4.00
Pros
Work at your own pace
Cons
No benefits
Managers are great! The contests were the best!
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Laughlin, NVDecember 14, 2017
I was so sad to leave here, but I needed to find something that paid a bit more and gave more hours. The managers and supervisors are great and my co-workers were so nice! I loved the dedication of customer service there. Every now and then we would have little contests like who could sell the most ___ and they were so much fun! If you decide to work here you gotta be upbeat and have GREAT customer service!
Pros
contests were fun and competitive, people were great.
Cons
not enough hours
Alright job, a good first job.
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Folsom, CANovember 12, 2017
It was an alright job it was my first out of high school. It was very easy going, and relaxed. The management at some times were very unorganized, I had the impression of grown children running it. But besides that it helped me with sales experience, and customer service.
Why I moved on from Quiksilver
Director of Finance and Treasury (Former Employee) –  Huntington Beach, CAOctober 15, 2017
The company was going through a reorganization and consultants became problematic in my daily and weekly productivity with my current supervisor. Additionally, during the restructure, there was a turn over of 4 supervisors during my last several months at the Company.
Learned a lot of life values.
Waikiki Beachwalk - Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Honolulu, HIOctober 3, 2017
Quiksilver is a great place to work at if you love meeting people around the world. It's located at the heart of Waikiki.

Working with quiksilver has taught me alot. From showing and sharing Aloha. To ensuring great customet satisfaction.