Quiksilver Employee Reviews

Very productive
Sales Representative/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVNovember 26, 2018
It’s a fun place but sometimes they rules doesn’t make sense other than that it’s pretty coo there.most people are like Hawaiian and there funny and cool
Horrible Place to Work
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Elizabeth, NJNovember 19, 2018
To start, the wages sucked, especially if you have never worked for the company before. Second, poor is not even the word to begin describing the management and low amount of hours I received each week. Your bills would never get paid on time if you work in this company, you'll be growing more gray hair than anything.
Pros
Cons
wages, management, hours, schedules
Calm work place with hectic customer service
Stock Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Doral, FLNovember 16, 2018
A great place to learn the ins and out of retail without the cut throat aspect of other retail chains. Managers are kind and willing to train you, coworkers are forgiving and experienced.
Pros
Flexible hours, reasonable managers and friendly coworkers.
Cons
Holiday hours, occasional rude customers
great culture but employement wasn't secure
Supply Planner (Former Employee) –  Huntington Beach, CANovember 13, 2018
the best culture and work like balance was provided. the pay wasn't competitive and job security was always a concern at the time. Overall people were great.
It’s not the same anymore...
Store Manger (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaOctober 24, 2018
Working for Quik was a big part of my life but times have changed and so has the company. Working in the trenches at the store level was awesome and the relationships made will last a lifetime.
Pros
Discounts, relationships made
Cons
At the corporate level, lack of personal growth and coaching
Hosting Skateboarding competitions
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Park City, UTOctober 15, 2018
One of my favorite activities at Quiksilver was hosting skateboarding and snowboarding competiitons. It was fun getting everything together and seeing the outcome of your work. Everyone would have a great time and it was a good way to get the community together.
fun place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Chandler, AZAugust 29, 2018
I loved working at Quiksilver. It was a very good job and was not too stressful but still got the work done. Very good managers and gave me a sense of a work family.
Great Name, Mediocre Experience
Marketing Intern (Former Employee) –  Huntington Beach, CAAugust 27, 2018
Internship program needs improvement. Although, the goal is to give the students the wheel to navigate their own success. There needs to be structure.
This was by far the best job/company ever
Accounts Payable Manager (Former Employee) –  Huntington Beach, CAAugust 22, 2018
I would have retired from there actually I really have not by my design though. I really miss the people USC alumni was the best mentors to work with. Had the best opportunity's for advancement and lead by example management.
Pros
Culture and Flip Flops
Cons
New Management conflict of interest
Great culture but a bad company
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Cabazon, CAAugust 12, 2018
The company is perfect to work for if you are a young student other than that it's not recommended.
I learned about training and developing my team.
The management their was atrocious. So many corporate take overs and inconsistency at corporate office that directives and company policies changed almost every season.
The culture there is amazing and the people you work with become your family.
Pros
Great relationships in store.
Cons
Company is unstable.
typical day
Manager in Training and Sale Associate (Former Employee) –  Sunrise, FLAugust 5, 2018
Relaxed environment to work and shop at customer services was well kept up and employees had to dress in the brand or similarly at all times to promote the brand.
Fun to work at.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 31, 2018
They are very flexible with scheduling if you go to school or have another job. Management there is very trustworthy during the time i was working there.
Not enough hours and poor training
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Ontario, CA 91764July 25, 2018
They train you for a week or 2 but don't give you all the information that needs to be known when it comes to handling with customers. They expect you to know everything and do it yourself with little training. Manager sometimes sends you home within short hours of working if they feel you're not working proficient. After a month you don't get enough hours with little pay. Horrible management and co workers.
Pros
free clothe
Cons
Management, Breaks, Hours, Benefits, Advancement
Most fun I've ever had at work, but corporate changes lost the Aloha.
ASSISTANT STORE MANAGER (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaJuly 10, 2018
I learned so much from working at Quik. They encourage promotion from within the company rather than outside hires, and their mission revolves around Aloha, or creating a family vibe for employees and customers alike. After their bankruptcy, however, the changes up top were so dramatic that there were very few "leaders" that even knew what the company was about or even stood for. Some corporate "leaders" were there for less than a year, despite imposing drastic changes to the daily operations. Shortly before our store closed, it seemed that gone was the Aloha mentality to be replaced by just your average corporate structure. One huge misstep was when product shipments were cut off from Outlet stores for MONTHS leaving them with little to no product. This caused a nightmare for trying to make sales goals, and it ended up being the main reason for our location closing. Maybe they learned from their mistake and will make improvements. I will say, though, that I made some life-long friendships in that store, and for that I will be forever grateful.
Pros
Amazing people to work with, great in store vibe, awesome products to sell
Cons
Corporate disorganization and poor communication
Quiksilver is an easy entry level retail job
Part-time Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Jersey shore Premium outletsJune 23, 2018
The job will teach you to engage with customers and educate you on how to properly make sales. The job does not demand much of you, you just show up and do what you are supposed to do, I would recommend the job to anyone that wants to build retail experience.
Pros
Easy work
Cons
A lot of downtime.
Relaxed
SALES AND STOCK ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJune 20, 2018
With the right store manager, your co-workers can become your second family. The environment is relaxed, but it has its stressful moments when holidays come around.
I love quicksilver and what the company stands for.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Hollywood, FLJune 20, 2018
I fit right into quicksilver ! I absolutely love this company. It provided me with a home and a family at work. The aloha attitude is a wonderful thing to practice. Career advancement did not happen for me though because the space was not available. I am sure eventually I would have been able to advance. It is a very relaxed and very family oriented company. Hoping quiksilver can continue to push forward and make more sales. I will always notice the logo when I am out and about. Thank you quicksilver for being a kind, genuine, caring company ! Would love to return !
Pros
Wonderful people, great working hours, teamwork, amazing training, lifelong friends
Cons
No commission, hourly wage minimal
Great but, poor management at the time
Retail Associate (Former Employee) –  La Jolla, CAJune 17, 2018
The people were fine, normal, surfer attitude, but the management at the time was poor, and even tended to lash out at times by messing with hours to an impossible degree to "get back" at employees if they had done anything disliked. The culture tended to be a little hostile when it came to certain other employees. The relaxed, chill attitude was enjoyable, as well as the discounts, which were probably the best part.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Poor Management
Fantastic work environment and fun atmosphere
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJune 13, 2018
Quiksilver Retail Inc was a fantastic place to explore a new industry.
I was fortunate enough to have a fun and relaxed working environment, while still maintaining the urgency to complete work in a timely manner.
The Management aspect allowed me to learn how to better handle employee relations and gave insight into how employees react with one another.
Management duties also included weekly and monthly reporting and cash ordering services.
Fantastic
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLJune 9, 2018
It was a great place to work, built it from the ground up.... Too bad the shop closed... it was a very happy company to work for and we prided ourselves on making customers for life.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Quiksilver. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about