Quiksilver Employee Reviews

Hosting Skateboarding competitions
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Park City, UTOctober 15, 2018
One of my favorite activities at Quiksilver was hosting skateboarding and snowboarding competiitons. It was fun getting everything together and seeing the outcome of your work. Everyone would have a great time and it was a good way to get the community together.
fun place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Chandler, AZAugust 29, 2018
I loved working at Quiksilver. It was a very good job and was not too stressful but still got the work done. Very good managers and gave me a sense of a work family.
This was by far the best job/company ever
Accounts Payable Manager (Former Employee) –  Huntington Beach, CAAugust 22, 2018
I would have retired from there actually I really have not by my design though. I really miss the people USC alumni was the best mentors to work with. Had the best opportunity's for advancement and lead by example management.
Pros
Culture and Flip Flops
Cons
New Management conflict of interest
Great culture but a bad company
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Cabazon, CAAugust 12, 2018
The company is perfect to work for if you are a young student other than that it's not recommended.
I learned about training and developing my team.
The management their was atrocious. So many corporate take overs and inconsistency at corporate office that directives and company policies changed almost every season.
The culture there is amazing and the people you work with become your family.
Pros
Great relationships in store.
Cons
Company is unstable.
typical day
Manager in Training and Sale Associate (Former Employee) –  Sunrise, FLAugust 5, 2018
Relaxed environment to work and shop at customer services was well kept up and employees had to dress in the brand or similarly at all times to promote the brand.
Fun to work at.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 31, 2018
They are very flexible with scheduling if you go to school or have another job. Management there is very trustworthy during the time i was working there.
Not enough hours and poor training
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Ontario, CA 91764July 25, 2018
They train you for a week or 2 but don't give you all the information that needs to be known when it comes to handling with customers. They expect you to know everything and do it yourself with little training. Manager sometimes sends you home within short hours of working if they feel you're not working proficient. After a month you don't get enough hours with little pay. Horrible management and co workers.
Pros
free clothe
Cons
Management, Breaks, Hours, Benefits, Advancement
Most fun I've ever had at work, but corporate changes lost the Aloha.
ASSISTANT STORE MANAGER (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaJuly 10, 2018
I learned so much from working at Quik. They encourage promotion from within the company rather than outside hires, and their mission revolves around Aloha, or creating a family vibe for employees and customers alike. After their bankruptcy, however, the changes up top were so dramatic that there were very few "leaders" that even knew what the company was about or even stood for. Some corporate "leaders" were there for less than a year, despite imposing drastic changes to the daily operations. Shortly before our store closed, it seemed that gone was the Aloha mentality to be replaced by just your average corporate structure. One huge misstep was when product shipments were cut off from Outlet stores for MONTHS leaving them with little to no product. This caused a nightmare for trying to make sales goals, and it ended up being the main reason for our location closing. Maybe they learned from their mistake and will make improvements. I will say, though, that I made some life-long friendships in that store, and for that I will be forever grateful.
Pros
Amazing people to work with, great in store vibe, awesome products to sell
Cons
Corporate disorganization and poor communication
Quiksilver is an easy entry level retail job
Part-time Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Jersey shore Premium outletsJune 23, 2018
The job will teach you to engage with customers and educate you on how to properly make sales. The job does not demand much of you, you just show up and do what you are supposed to do, I would recommend the job to anyone that wants to build retail experience.
Pros
Easy work
Cons
A lot of downtime.
Relaxed
SALES AND STOCK ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJune 20, 2018
With the right store manager, your co-workers can become your second family. The environment is relaxed, but it has its stressful moments when holidays come around.
I love quicksilver and what the company stands for.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Hollywood, FLJune 20, 2018
I fit right into quicksilver ! I absolutely love this company. It provided me with a home and a family at work. The aloha attitude is a wonderful thing to practice. Career advancement did not happen for me though because the space was not available. I am sure eventually I would have been able to advance. It is a very relaxed and very family oriented company. Hoping quiksilver can continue to push forward and make more sales. I will always notice the logo when I am out and about. Thank you quicksilver for being a kind, genuine, caring company ! Would love to return !
Pros
Wonderful people, great working hours, teamwork, amazing training, lifelong friends
Cons
No commission, hourly wage minimal
Great but, poor management at the time
Retail Associate (Former Employee) –  La Jolla, CAJune 17, 2018
The people were fine, normal, surfer attitude, but the management at the time was poor, and even tended to lash out at times by messing with hours to an impossible degree to "get back" at employees if they had done anything disliked. The culture tended to be a little hostile when it came to certain other employees. The relaxed, chill attitude was enjoyable, as well as the discounts, which were probably the best part.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Poor Management
Fantastic work environment and fun atmosphere
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJune 13, 2018
Quiksilver Retail Inc was a fantastic place to explore a new industry.
I was fortunate enough to have a fun and relaxed working environment, while still maintaining the urgency to complete work in a timely manner.
The Management aspect allowed me to learn how to better handle employee relations and gave insight into how employees react with one another.
Management duties also included weekly and monthly reporting and cash ordering services.
Fantastic
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLJune 9, 2018
It was a great place to work, built it from the ground up.... Too bad the shop closed... it was a very happy company to work for and we prided ourselves on making customers for life.
Great place to work.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJune 7, 2018
Great place to start a retail career.
Provided customer service to walk-in client
Answered Phones
Up-sold customers to the package deals
Folded clothing and made sure the store was presentable at all times.
Learned Tahitian to sell to the primary customer base.
Very friendly place to work.
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJune 5, 2018
As any retail store, you are expected to make sales for the store. They are not always on top of you but do require to make their daily goals. Be enthusiastic while directing the proper customer service. They do care for everyone's well being.
Fun and relaxed
Sales Associate/ Visual Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FL 32829May 21, 2018
The most fun job I ever had. It was in my younger days so it's great for people in their early and mid 20s goin g to school. Teamwork and moral is very important to the company, it's like a family.
Terrible Company
Customer Service Rep / Dispatch (Former Employee) –  Independence, MOMay 7, 2018
A typical day at work started at 7am and it was non-stop phone calls about overcharges until I got off of work at 5pm. My paycheck every week was likely to bounce, so I had to constantly find new places to cash my check every week. After working there for a few months, I began to notice that the overcharges were unnecessarily high. A typical ride to the airport, which I booked all the time, was about $40-$55 depending on the address. However, most people were charged an upwards of $300 or more. I was constantly berated by customers who were unhappy with the service, and/or were overcharged. It was an extremely stressful environment; though, I did learn a lot about how to turn an extremely angry customer into a somewhat satiated one. The hardest part about the job was that when I hung up the phone, I knew I would have to deal with the same issue during the next phone call. There were no enjoyable moments other than the learning experience I took away from the job.
Pros
Cons
Almost everything
Fun and Productive Workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Lehi, UTApril 27, 2018
Very fun work environment. You get a great discount on the clothing, and the job isn't hard. No benefits, but can easily work your way up. Flexible hours.
Exciting
Sales Operations Manager Latin America (Former Employee) –  Huntington Beach, CAApril 25, 2018
job culture was key, didn't feel like a big corporation company everyone was family. good events. always had company functions made it a fun environment that you would love to go to work everyday.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Quiksilver. Our community is ready to answer.