QuikTrip
Happiness rating is 66 out of 100

QuikTrip Employee Reviews

Found 2,782 reviews matching the search
The best part about the job was the coworkers and the scheduling flexibility, which is great for students. You can change your availability easily if school or other things come up, and you get around 15 days a year to call in without even really needing a reason (but if you abuse that, people will notice). If you do your job well, you can also advance with them as much as you want. I saw many store managers that had worked there for over 20 years. The clerk pay could be a bit better with how fast-paced and busy it always is, but it's fine for young people or for a side job. At the corporate level, QT is the most well-run and organized company I have ever seen. Training is a bit overwhelming but you can do it!
Pros
Rarely boring, bonuses, fun environment
Cons
No "real" breaks, extremely fast-paced, every day is the same
Worked there for almost three years, led on about being promoted. The amount of work we do and pay doesn’t match up. Work 8 hr shifts with no breaks.
Pros
Free stale food
Cons
No breaks, long hours
I have been here for a year now and it is challenging. Most people are cool too work with but the customers can be extremely stressful. You are underpaid too say the least
QuikTrip is an amazing place to start a career, happy, friendly, and supportive people are always around. There is lots of face to face interaction and a lot of task variety on the job. QT is not for the faint of heart though, you will… WILL have some scary moments on the job, whether it is an injured customer, or you are being threatened or harassed by a customer, you need to be ready, and remember that YOU are in charge, you work there, you decide what happens.
Pros
Great Work Environment, Lots of face to face interaction. Easy to get off
Cons
Can be scary
no breaks at my training location, not allowed to sit down, first week totally killed my feet. i was so sore i could hardly walk. and they did not tell us lunch breaks were not provided at all in orientation. you’re meant to eat in between register time and there are NO CHAIRS. employees aren’t given free food either, only free drinks but they make you pay ¢27 for the freaking cup unless you bring one. it does pay well, with time and a half on holidays, but i’ve had trouble figuring out my payroll. they also have a tuition reimbursement program, which i’m pretty excited about. my coworkers are nice and i made friends easily. it’s really fast-paced and, like i said, no breaks, but my coworkers say i’ll get more used to it the longer im here. i hope so, because training has been really difficult.
Pros
Free drinks, tuition reimbursement, good pay
Cons
Literally no breaks, pretty gross tasks sometimes
Share your experience
Let job seekers know what it's like to work at your company.
Under staffed. Worked 50+ hours a week with virtually no choice. It was either work or get fired. No breaks, got yelled at for using the bathroom right before I cleaned it. All around horrible 8 months of my life.
Pros
Cool Costumers
Cons
No breaks, No staff, No life
Horrible place to work, no breaks, over worked constantly, if you get a complaint you will always be accused of doing something you shouldn’t have done. Supervisors gossip about harassment cases behind closed doors- absolutely ZERO down time. Have to shove your food down, god willing you get a time to eat.
Pros
Cons
No breaks, over worked, harassed for using your days
Great company to work at especially if you like to work with other people who also work hard, but it also depends on what store you work at, but personally I enjoyed working hard there because I felt appreciate by my peers for my hard work. It can be stressful depending how busy your store is and you kind of have to make your own breaks. It really all comes down to what store you're put in. Benefits are great, Tuition reimbursement is great, has room to get promote pretty quickly, only complaint is pay for the amount of work you put in.
Quiktrip relies heavily on teamwork, and that is the core foundation of any Quiktrip Gas Station store. Working with others with everybody having a positive attitude is a must for everybody to survive and get through the day.The only challenge is knowing how to properly interact with any class of customer because there are no boundaries of you might be face to face with inside the store, as it is a gas station, so you will get to see every type of person you may have never imagined existing.It teaches you patience and you can learn a lot from social queues when dealing with the kind of stress while transacting three different customers simultaneously. But if the store team is not equally balanced in nature and emotions, it tends to get rough. Everybody has to pull their weight around and when one person doesn't, it gets a lot more difficult to run the store, especially if its in a busy environment.
Pros
Working with others, teaches formality, monthly bonuses, weekly pay
Cons
Stress from customers, little to no job progression, high patience is needed
Not your usual gas station as they want you to be multitasking the whole time. This job is for people that like to move around in the workplace and for people that actually care about other people no matter the situation their in.
Pros
Monthly bonuses
Cons
No breaks
It is a very great place to work, Even if it is your very first time having a job they will work with your schedule, I hope to see you working with our company some day.
Very flexible job. It pays for college education. Great way to make good money. Also if your looking to advance in the company then you can easily do so.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
No lunch break
It was a great place to work! You learn a ton about working as a team and what it takes to run a successful store! If things had been different I’d still be there and wouldn’t have been bothered by the idea of spending 20-30 years there.
nice place to work very good for a first job all tasks are simple and easy to complete stocking freezers is not a great time but its doable. Overall solid job.
QT wasn’t too bad, depends on the location you work at. It was bearable for me for a while but my location was super busy and they cut hours during certain seasons, regardless of how busy we were. There’s a lot of shadiness from almost all of the managers. They’ll talk about your coworkers to you and vice versa when you’re not around. Especially the ones that are subbing from a different store. It was okay when I was young but after a while I couldn’t deal anymore.
It depends on your manager for your experience and your area. I recommend it for someone who’s just starting out because it looks good on your resume later on.
Pros
Meet new people
Cons
No breaks, favoritism, rude management
A great work environment for everyone! The staff is friendly and the customers are nice. Great pay and incentives. You can get bonuses pretty easy! Work here!
Managers will always be on your a** about everything. Some are chill but others will literally time you doing tasks. I floated around to different stores are got to see a lot that disgusts me.
Pros
Flexibility, Unpaid time off
Cons
No breaks, low pay, no gas comp
Great place to work, great people and often great management just seems to have low pay considering all the tasks and situations you are required to deal with.
Pros
Exciting
Cons
Unruly Customers, Bad Shift Leaders
Part time pay is garbage, the workload is ridiculous and getting worse. There’s potential to make so much money, but you’re always on call and working 60+ hours a week.
Pros
Money
Cons
Everything else
There were multiple bonuses throughout 1 month. Customer service Bonuses, store bonus, overtime is constantly available. Ability to grow and earn more is personally scored with an A+. Lenient with your time, pretty much allows you to schedule your own days to be on the job (if you're a student, parent, emergencies). They have to where you can switch schedules as long as someone is there for YOUR shift and is okay with it. Manager must approve 1st. But the person taking shift must be present or you will have to come in, or take sick day or personal. By the way, You only get 15 total days a YEAR. (5 SICK- 10 PERSONAL) and you wont gain back till same day the NEXT YEAR !
Pros
Lenient scheduling if needed, multiple monthly bonuses, growth in company is easily accomplishable.
Cons
No given breaks, 15 annual total days you can take off
  1. Employee Reviews