QuikTrip Employee Reviews

Found 1,807 reviews matching the search See all 1,809 reviews
Fast paced enviornment
CLERK (Current Employee) –  Decatur, GANovember 8, 2018
Some days it seems like the store is spinning. However, our teamwork saves the day. The job may get stressful at times, but overall its relieving when you finish the day.
The work place
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Florissant, MONovember 8, 2018
It was never a good day at work every day it was high speed fast pace and a little stressful
It was always a lot to remember that you had to do they put the day before your shift was over.
Fast paced
Clerk (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZNovember 8, 2018
Time goes by fast, too many new hires, need to work on keeping the same people around, great healthcare if you've been there long enough, love the yearly meetings
I come from a busy store, no lunch break no breaks at all actually.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  ArizonaNovember 6, 2018
Very stressful, a lot to do not enough time. They keep pushing for more and more and I don’t see a raise. We get .25 cents over minimum wage. I don’t know who said we get weekly bonuses but that’s not true we get bonuses every month they’re no more than 200 dollars. They give you good job opportunities but with more responsibilities not much of a pay difference
Pros
Bonuses
Cons
Tasks, very stressful, no breaks, awful uniform
Very fast paced job! Lots of stuff to do throughout whole shift
Clerk/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Owasso, OKNovember 5, 2018
Quiktrip is a very fast paced job. You will never run out of anything to do, you are constantly working! You will work the whole time until your shift is over! Quiktrip is a great place to work. I will recommend to anyone who is looking for a job!
Pros
Get paid overtime after 50 hours
Cons
No lunch break
Fast paced work environment
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Bixby, OKNovember 4, 2018
I worked in the stores for QT. If you enjoy working in a retail environment, then QT is the best place to work. They treat their employees well, and have high expectations for all store employees. The store environment is laid back, but there is always a lot to do each shift. The benefits long-term are also nice, but don't expect to really the benefits of their employee benefits for a year.

If you don't like working in retail though, I'd advise to stay away. Each shift will be tortured with saying "see you later" 1000 times to punctuate your misery.
First Job
Store Clerk (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NENovember 2, 2018
I worked here back when I was in High School. It was a decent first job. About all you can find at that age that paid well above minimum wage for the time.
Wonderful company with the potential to do better
Quality Assurance Analyst Contractor (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKNovember 1, 2018
Quick Trip exceeds in promoting from within. They are willing to take promising employees from their retail store and assist them in developing advanced skills. Many store employees have risen through the ranks and come to hold high level (including executive) positions in the company. The environment is very nurturing which allows employees to thrive and develop outstanding capabilities.

On the downside, and this is just my opinion, as a contractor I had the feeling of being a "second class" worker. This had nothing to do with the jobs assigned but more with team building and employee activities. Contractors were not allowed to participate in team building activities or other type of employee recognition events. Also, contractors were not allowed at meeting that addressed internal company operations. I know a company can set their business as desired, but this was the first place that I worked that actually excluded contractors from these activities. For me, it fostered a feeling of being an outsider. Again, this is just my opinion.

Finally, while promoting most of its workforce from within provides many opportunities, it can lead to a narrow focus effect. This means that a majority of employees do not have the expanded scope of background that comes from working for other companies. In many cases this may not be an issue but, it could limit the ability for people in leadership or planning positions (who came up through the ranks) to understand other options that may be available.
i loved Quiktrip
Customer Service Representative (CSR)-Cashier (Former Employee) –  Saint Charles, MO 63303October 31, 2018
I absolutely loved working for QuikTrip!!! it was fun and fast paced. Managers were great and willing to work with you all the time regarding any situation. I wish I could have stayed with the company, I just couldn't pick up enough hours to pay my bills and had to find a new job.
Cons
no set break/ meal times
All around amazing company
Sales Clerk (Former Employee) –  Broken Arrow, OKOctober 30, 2018
Amazing company to work for. Tons of benefits, even if just part-time, and plenty of room to move up. It is a large company, but they make you feel at home. Training is intense but overall beneficial. Pay is great and hours are flexible. Option to travel.
Pros
Pay, ability to move up, training provided, flexible hours
Cons
No breaks unless necessary, sometimes long shifts, on your feet all day

Want to know more about QuikTrip?

Ask a question
Great place to work but not a career.
Part-Time Clerk (Current Employee) –  Blue Springs, MOOctober 30, 2018
Great people, Wonderful experience. I would recommend this job to anyone. Although the job can be extremely stressful, fast paced and detail oriented, Quiktrip taught me a great deal of skills that i don't believe i could have just gotten anywhere. At one point in my Quiktrip career i wanted nothing more than to move up in the company, that has changed over time. More of a personal choice than company forced. Just not something I see as a career for myself.
Pros
Advancement
Cons
Pay, Stress
Horrible place to work
Cleek (Former Employee) –  Independence, MOOctober 28, 2018
Working here was crazy. Nobody ever did their fair share of work. Managers refused to let you take PTO days. The customers were always yelling for something that was out of our control.
Very Fast Paced but Fun Environment
Initial Trainer/Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Euless, TXOctober 26, 2018
QT was always very busy. But every job task that was assigned was timed so your day went by really fast. Excellent management staff. Hardest part of the day where the overnights and weekends I worked. But I loved working with people,
Nice place to work at.
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Garland, TXOctober 26, 2018
I enjoy the time I have working there. You get to meet interesting people and lots of people are friendly. You will constantly be busy with something.
Good Company
Manager (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 25, 2018
Fast paced. Promotes from within only. Fixed schedule for management positions. Pays really well. Lots of vacation time. But very physically demanding job.
Fun, Everyone got along and worked well with one another
Asst. Manager (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKOctober 24, 2018
I loved working at quick trip. And learned how to ineract with the clerk's and would offer to help with daily work tasks. Being an assistant manager opened my eyes and tough me how to approach people especially team members if there was an issue and we always found a way to work it out and work great as a team.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Short breaks or hardly breaks at all
Great pay, Fast paced,
Store Assembly Clerk (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCOctober 23, 2018
This Job pays very well, but it can be very hectic & very fast paced. The company is growing rapidly so there is always room for advancement. They have a lot of incentives for their employees and are very flexible with scheduling.
Pros
Great pay, Great benifts
Cons
No breaks, No downtime.
Hard but not impossible!
Clerk (Current Employee) –  Gainesville, TXOctober 23, 2018
Of course, having no breaks can be hard but not impossible. I've learned how to take on 3 customers at once when it gets really busy, it's impressive. There could also be times when some other clerks want to just horse around, but you should just let the manager take care of that. Clerks on the clock get free drinks! I personally love all the slushes. The most enjoyable part of the job is when you're clocking out. The thought and feeling of finally being able to go home after a long day at work are awesome.
Pros
Free drinks!!
Cons
No breaks and stressful when the store is really busy.
This job is tiring but can be fun.
Assistant General Manager (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKOctober 22, 2018
This job is tough labor be prepared to work and sweat. You will be on your feet for up to 16 hours and you will have to work very hard to move up but overall good job for younger people teaches you work ethic.
Bad work environment
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Des Moines, IAOctober 22, 2018
Coworkers were rude and wouldn’t help you when needed very busy work environment that was very messy most of the time it wasn’t a good business to work for

Ask a question about working or interviewing at QuikTrip. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2

See reviews about

Ratings from women

2.9InHerSight Score

2.6Personal Development

3.3Career Opportunities

2.8Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight