Quincy College Employee Reviews

productive and often fun workplace
Front Desk Clerk (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, MAJanuary 30, 2019
I enjoyed working with staff and faculty. There were often days with free food and fun projects. the people were nice and the students were appreciative of what we all did on a daily basis.
Good people to work with.
Trainer/Instructor (Former Employee) –  Quincy, MAOctober 29, 2018
As much as I enjoyed the job and people I worked with, it is a business with a budget. Because if this, I was only availed part time hours and left for a job with a full time schedule.
Pros
Co- workers/ Location
Cons
Not enough hours
Pros and Cons
Clinical Nursing Instructor/Adjunct/contractual (Former Employee) –  Quincy, MAOctober 11, 2018
It was a part-time, contractual job.
I got to meet a lot of wonderful coworkers, who were willing to help out, since I was new in education. I loved my students, and I loved being helpful to them when they were having difficulty either in clinical or in classroom.
Pros
Fair pay, nice coworkers and students.
Cons
The college of nursing is currently on probation.
Very poor administration and management
Instructor, Early Childhood Education (Former Employee) –  Quincy, MAOctober 8, 2018
Very poor management - bullying and dishonest behavior by administration, unclear and changing job expectations without warning, Wonderful faculty camaraderie and relationships. Too much reliance on student opinion in evaluations. Unqualified people evaluating faculty.
Fast Paced
Registrar Specialist - Registrar's Office (Former Employee) –  Quincy, MASeptember 3, 2018
Quincy College has approximately 4000 students and the work day can fly by. Co-workers are friendly but some tend to be very clique... Not a bad place to work
Pros
Meet students from all parts of the world
Cons
poor management
Great place to learn
Professional Tutor (Current Employee) –  Quincy, MAJune 17, 2018
My employment here began with a work study assignment in the student development office. After graduation I become a professional tutor for the learning center. This is the experience I was looking for to help with my long term goal of becoming a physics teacher
Pros
Great coworkers
Cons
Can be very stressful at exam time
Productive and fun place to attend
Student/Homemaker (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, MAApril 28, 2018
I was an Adult Student returning to School after some time. The faculty was very helpful. They also provided a tutor for the adults returning to school.
Quincy College was very conveniently located near me.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Quincy, MAApril 24, 2018
Quincy College was a fun place to work at with my team. It is very competitive between the offices. Some cross training was done but some employees did not care to learn what other offices knew and would pass students along. This is upsetting because why pass someone along so quickly when you can help them right then and there.
Pros
local
Cons
If you are not in the in crowd, good-luck.
Great learning experience
Adjunct Instructor (Former Employee) –  Quincy, MAApril 20, 2018
Learned a lot about teaching from former Dean of Liberal Arts. Very helpful and patient with me. Students, at times, very challenging. Some wanting to learn. Some there just for the grade.
Pros
Learned a lot.
Cons
Some prima donna students.
Great Place to Work
Information Technology Specialist (Current Employee) –  Quincy, MAApril 4, 2018
It is a great place to work and individuals are treated fairly and with respect. There is always opportunity to learn and grow in your skills because technology is always changing,
It educate the new techniques
Lab Assistant (Current Employee) –  Quincy, MADecember 14, 2017
I learned various new and advance techniques from this place. It helped me build confidence, enough background knowledge overall idea how the biotech companies work.
Balanced
Student Office Assistant for Advising Department (Former Employee) –  Quincy, MAOctober 31, 2017
It was a temporary work study position for students, I got to work with students in the advising office and help them navigate the school portal, answered questions, and assisted them in any other way they needed.
fun workplace
Computer Room Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Quincy, MASeptember 22, 2017
ita a good overall job, good for part-time work while still attending classes. good way to make extra money taht you will need for school supplies/food and other needs.
Pros
Supervise yourself
Cons
Professional but not uptight place to work
Filer/ Scanner/ Transcript Processor (Current Employee) –  Quincy, MAAugust 30, 2017
People I work with are easy going and very helpful
Most days are typically normal with some down time
No one lets work stress them out
You get to meet many people from students to staff and faculty
Very productive and friendly work environment
Work Study (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, MAAugust 29, 2017
A typical work day at Quincy College includes making copies, making spread sheets, and answering phone calls. Once in a while I will take future students on a tour of the campus. I learned how to use Microsoft Excel better. Management was great to work with and they are very helpful when trying to learn new things. Work place culture is very functional and everyone works together very well. The hardest part of the job was figuring out how to work with Microsoft Excel. The most enjoyable part of the job was helping new students become comfortable with the campus and in their classrooms
Pros
Flexible hours, Co-workers are very pleasant
Cons
No benefits
Running different projects at the same time, enhancing my learining
LABORATORY ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  1250 Hancock St. Quincy MA 02169June 19, 2017
Quincy College Lab is a very busy place, classes are running everyday from Monday to Friday 9:00 am to 3:00pm and 5:00pm to 9:00pm, every group has different projects and they learn to grow different type of cultures. Helping the Instructors and preparing material for the classes was a great learning experience, including the cleaning of the laboratory, the safety and the way to discard items.
Pros
flexibility
Cons
no much control over duties
Back in the day, it was great to work for Quincy College.
Athletic Trainer (Former Employee) –  Quincy, ILMay 23, 2017
It was so long ago, I am not sure how it is today working at Quincy College. I was the first one in my position so I had to work extremely hard but it was a great first 'real job'.
good school; affordable tution
full-time student (Former Employee) –  Quincy, MADecember 12, 2016
when I studied at Quincy College, i took 5 classes and get 1 class free! I worked study at Financial Aid where I learned a lots about How to apply Financial Aid procedures
Pros
good tution
i learned a lot.
Assistant Teacher (Former Employee) –  Quincy College, Quincy, MADecember 11, 2016
• Perform daily checks of incubators and refrigerators, maintain laboratory cleanliness.
• Assist instructors during medical microbiology course as well as prepare laboratory for class by subbing organisms.
Quincy College Review
Adjunct Faculty (Current Employee) –  Quincy, MANovember 25, 2016
Quincy College is a great place to work. A typical day would involve creating lesson plans that are practical and interactive. I strive to blend text book material with current events in society. The approach is to create projects and discussion environments that inspire students to further study.
Pros
Challenging myself to create lesson plans that are current, interactive and enjoyable..
Cons
no cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Quincy College. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2

Ratings from women

3.0InHerSight Score

2.8Personal Development

3.2Career Opportunities

3.1Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Quincy College Reviews by Location