Quincy College Employee Reviews

Great place to learn
Professional Tutor (Current Employee) –  Quincy, MAJune 17, 2018
My employment here began with a work study assignment in the student development office. After graduation I become a professional tutor for the learning center. This is the experience I was looking for to help with my long term goal of becoming a physics teacher
Pros
Great coworkers
Cons
Can be very stressful at exam time
Productive and fun place to attend
Student/Homemaker (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, MAApril 28, 2018
I was an Adult Student returning to School after some time. The faculty was very helpful. They also provided a tutor for the adults returning to school.
Quincy College was very conveniently located near me.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Quincy, MAApril 24, 2018
Quincy College was a fun place to work at with my team. It is very competitive between the offices. Some cross training was done but some employees did not care to learn what other offices knew and would pass students along. This is upsetting because why pass someone along so quickly when you can help them right then and there.
Pros
local
Cons
If you are not in the in crowd, good-luck.
Great learning experience
Adjunct Instructor (Former Employee) –  Quincy, MAApril 20, 2018
Learned a lot about teaching from former Dean of Liberal Arts. Very helpful and patient with me. Students, at times, very challenging. Some wanting to learn. Some there just for the grade.
Pros
Learned a lot.
Cons
Some prima donna students.
Great Place to Work
Information Technology Specialist (Current Employee) –  Quincy, MAApril 4, 2018
It is a great place to work and individuals are treated fairly and with respect. There is always opportunity to learn and grow in your skills because technology is always changing,
It educate the new techniques
Lab Assistant (Current Employee) –  Quincy, MADecember 14, 2017
I learned various new and advance techniques from this place. It helped me build confidence, enough background knowledge overall idea how the biotech companies work.
Balanced
Student Office Assistant for Advising Department (Former Employee) –  Quincy, MAOctober 31, 2017
It was a temporary work study position for students, I got to work with students in the advising office and help them navigate the school portal, answered questions, and assisted them in any other way they needed.
fun workplace
Computer Room Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Quincy, MASeptember 22, 2017
ita a good overall job, good for part-time work while still attending classes. good way to make extra money taht you will need for school supplies/food and other needs.
Pros
Supervise yourself
Cons
Professional but not uptight place to work
Filer/ Scanner/ Transcript Processor (Current Employee) –  Quincy, MAAugust 30, 2017
People I work with are easy going and very helpful
Most days are typically normal with some down time
No one lets work stress them out
You get to meet many people from students to staff and faculty
Very productive and friendly work environment
Work Study (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, MAAugust 29, 2017
A typical work day at Quincy College includes making copies, making spread sheets, and answering phone calls. Once in a while I will take future students on a tour of the campus. I learned how to use Microsoft Excel better. Management was great to work with and they are very helpful when trying to learn new things. Work place culture is very functional and everyone works together very well. The hardest part of the job was figuring out how to work with Microsoft Excel. The most enjoyable part of the job was helping new students become comfortable with the campus and in their classrooms
Pros
Flexible hours, Co-workers are very pleasant
Cons
No benefits
Running different projects at the same time, enhancing my learining
LABORATORY ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  1250 Hancock St. Quincy MA 02169June 19, 2017
Quincy College Lab is a very busy place, classes are running everyday from Monday to Friday 9:00 am to 3:00pm and 5:00pm to 9:00pm, every group has different projects and they learn to grow different type of cultures. Helping the Instructors and preparing material for the classes was a great learning experience, including the cleaning of the laboratory, the safety and the way to discard items.
Pros
flexibility
Cons
no much control over duties
Back in the day, it was great to work for Quincy College.
Athletic Trainer (Former Employee) –  Quincy, ILMay 23, 2017
It was so long ago, I am not sure how it is today working at Quincy College. I was the first one in my position so I had to work extremely hard but it was a great first 'real job'.
good school; affordable tution
full-time student (Former Employee) –  Quincy, MADecember 12, 2016
when I studied at Quincy College, i took 5 classes and get 1 class free! I worked study at Financial Aid where I learned a lots about How to apply Financial Aid procedures
Pros
good tution
i learned a lot.
Assistant Teacher (Former Employee) –  Quincy College, Quincy, MADecember 11, 2016
• Perform daily checks of incubators and refrigerators, maintain laboratory cleanliness.
• Assist instructors during medical microbiology course as well as prepare laboratory for class by subbing organisms.
Quincy College Review
Adjunct Faculty (Current Employee) –  Quincy, MANovember 25, 2016
Quincy College is a great place to work. A typical day would involve creating lesson plans that are practical and interactive. I strive to blend text book material with current events in society. The approach is to create projects and discussion environments that inspire students to further study.
Pros
Challenging myself to create lesson plans that are current, interactive and enjoyable..
Cons
no cons
Enjoyable workplace that encourages positive work relations
Peer Tutor - Student Development Office (Current Employee) –  Quincy, MAAugust 12, 2016
Working as a peer tutor has been very enjoyable. Being able to work with students one-on-one on a daily basis and helping them improve is extremely satisfying. I have learned a lot about identifying each individual's personal needs, strengths, and weaknesses, and using these to help them understand course material and develop better study strategies. The most difficult part of the job has been when an occasional student comes in that I am not sure how to help, whether because of a disability, language barrier, or another reason. However, I've found that my co-workers, many of which tutor professionally, have always been able to help me find a solution and improve my skills as a tutor. By far the most enjoyable part of this job is when I see a student who has been struggling finally understand a concept, or come back in with an improved grade. Seeing the progress they make, and seeing how proud they are of that progress, makes working here very meaningful.
Work Study Program
Work Study, Physical Therapy Assistant Program (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, MAApril 19, 2016
This was a work study program. Being that there were different areas of the program, I was an aid to the new and soon to be running PTA Program. I learned about google docs, Physical therapy courses and programs. The staff was amazing, very friendly and easy to work with. They were very accommodating.
Pros
knowledge about the College
Cons
The pay
Fun place to work
Fitness Instructor (Current Employee) –  Quincy, MAApril 4, 2016
Great environment to work in, and great people to work alongside. You always feel welcome and questions/issues are always addressed with care and respect.
good place to study
Work Study Student (Former Employee) –  Quincy, MASeptember 29, 2015
a good experience for me while I was in college.co-worker always work in team. I enjoyed helping other student in their specific needs
Work Place culture
Adjunct Instructor - Professor (Current Employee) –  Plymouth, MAMay 23, 2015
Quincy College is focused on the needs of it's students and well balances the faculty and staff to meet these needs. The hours for students and faculty are flexible to meet many needs.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Quincy College. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3

See reviews about

Ratings from women

2.8InHerSight Score

3.0Personal Development

2.4Career Opportunities

3.2Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight