Quincy Medical Group Employee Reviews

Great coworkers
Accountant (Current Employee) –  Quincy, ILJune 23, 2019
the interactions between departments is what makes QMG a great place to work. All the staff at QMG are very caring about the patients and fellow employees.
Pros
Easy access to medical attention
Cons
Management style
Qmg
LPN (Former Employee) –  Quincy, ILMarch 17, 2019
Quincy Medical Group was my first job as a new nurse. I was in school full time while working there and management was flexible with my scheduling. The pay is not as much as hospitals and nursing homes but the work is very enjoyable and I think most people are genuinely happy to be at work.
Pros
Understanding with school schedules
Cons
Some upper management types forget they were "just" nurses once too
I enjoyed most of the people I worked with on a daily basis.
Ophthalmic assistant (Former Employee) –  Quincy, ILNovember 29, 2018
There is no job security theee. Management is crooked and they will fire you for any reason they want and lie about it. What is fair for one is not fair for everyone.
Pros
My coworkers
Cons
Very busy departement (Oncology)
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Quincy, ILNovember 29, 2018
We always have something to do; sometime too much that we need a slow day just to catch up! But busy days mean that they go faster! Never work the weekend.
Loved my job, caring company
Registered Nurse, Informatiticist (Current Employee) –  Quincy, ILNovember 27, 2018
I enjoyed my job, I had excellent group of co-workers. My supervisors were so supportive and there truly was a work/family balance. I was able to express my opinions and concerns and felt listened too.
Pros
Family oriented and benevolent organization
Cons
Very little advancement
Progressive Clinic with dedicated staff and physicians
Care Management Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Quincy, ILSeptember 5, 2018
Progressive clinical setting. They do strive to provide staff with rewards and celebrations. Staff are mission oriented. Board is actively striving to improve practice. Quality physicians associated with QMG.
Very fun, lively, collaborative team.
Intern (Former Employee) –  Quincy, ILAugust 30, 2018
A typical day at work was my supervisor and I working in the behavioral health unit with pediatrics. It was a very good learning experience and changed my mind about working in pediatrics and all the possibilities.
Great Place to Work
RN Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Quincy, ILAugust 12, 2018
I have Great Co-workers. We are like family. I love my job- I love working with people. I have grown so much professionally since working at QMG. I have been so blessed to have had all the opportunities I have had.
Pros
Difficulty getting Vacation Time Off at times (i.e. summer months & holidays)
Cons
Short lunch breaks, long work days. Work in a busy 1 nurse office.
enjoyed my co-workers
LPN in the float pool then lead nurse (Former Employee) –  Quincy, ILJuly 25, 2018
I enjoyed working with several of my co-workers and the physicians. The supervisor and HR were not very trusting to go to for help. QMG was very good at recognizing the good you do for the company and departments.
Workplace Culture
Director of Optical (Former Employee) –  Quincy, ILJuly 17, 2018
Would not recommend to any Male individual, except a Dr. Extremely prejudicial toward female employees all the way to CEO. Highly Politically correct atmosphere not conducive to alternate ideas.
Enjoy working here
Patient Excellence Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Quincy, ILMarch 19, 2018
I have worked at Quincy Medical Group for 15 years. I have made life long friends. It feels like home. The paid time off and ESL accumulation is wonderful.
Clinically oriented
Contract Physical Therapist, 13 weeks (Former Employee) –  Quincy, ILFebruary 10, 2018
This facility prioritizes providing excellent clinical care and good quality documentation. Communication between referring providers and therapists is outstanding.
Terrible, Horrible, No-Good Management
Data Entry (Former Employee) –  Quincy, ILFebruary 8, 2018
QMG as a whole tried to do their best to show appreciation to their employees. However, management is awful, no encouragement, favoritism is HIGH, they hire their sisters, brothers, cousins, and friends. The morale is low. No one cares about your well-being as a person. The pay is horrendous...as someone else said, there's not much competition so they can get away with it. Only thing I liked about QMG was them offering free sno-cones, and meals to celebrate milestones or as a "just because.'' They also, do an employee appreciation week, which is nice and a great Holiday Party....
Otherwise, stay away!! (Chances are you won't get hired for an upper position anyway unless you're related to an hire up person.)
Pros
Nice employee lounge with hot meal options.
Cons
Poor management, low pay
Too much middle management not enough actual decision making
Behavior health (Former Employee) –  Quincy, ILOctober 1, 2017
The company is one of three in a small town where everyone knows everyone. Family members are typically involved in middle management and in charge of hiring which means only family gets the job despite poor qualifications. If you attempt to change this dynamic to improve patient care and progress then you are bullied and segregated. They know there are limited options for work in the community so pay is low.
Pros
Nice coworkers
Cons
Management, pay, respect, and bullying
Behavioral health is AMAZING
Therapist (Former Employee) –  Quincy, ILSeptember 6, 2017
Great team. Highly skilled providers. Great leadership. Atonomy. Fast paced but supported by leadership. Great training opportunities or support for continuing education. Great growth potiental. Very flexible work schedule
Pros
Growth, Continuing edu/training opportunities, leadership, team
I learned job essentials to perform better in my next job.
Insurance Biller (Former Employee) –  Quincy, ILAugust 28, 2017
I left due to no job advancement available. I enjoyed the position I had. Good working environment. Availability to physicians was a benefit. Benefits were compatible with the previous position I had.
Pros
Good health insurance
Cons
No job advancement
Poor management
former employee (Former Employee) –  Quincy, ILJune 14, 2017
A typical day at work was usually somewhat slow as I always looked
for work to do to keep me busy. I learned that the younger generations work ethnic was a lot different from mine. They use company time on the internet and their cell phones. I loved working with my doctors and nurses. Some co- workers were very controlling at times. I loved providing customer service to the patients which was the most enjoyable part of my job. Management doesn't care about you as an employee and they show favoritism.
benefits
Cons
poor management & favoritism
Very poor management
Former employee (Former Employee) –  Quincy, ILMay 30, 2017
A typical day at QMG was usually very busy and could get very stressful. I did learn new procedures,however the training could be a lot better a lot of my job I had to learn on my own. Management is a big joke, whenever you need to talk to a supervisor you can never find them.
Pros
I met a lot of nice people
Cons
Poor Management
Avoid
Management Consultant (Former Employee) –  Quincy, ILMay 20, 2017
Management truly does not know what they are doing. Those from Quincy are favored over much better employees. Pay is low, stress level is high...stay away from here.
Pros
Cons
Inept management, favoritism, low pay, lack of advancement.
Great Company
Switchboard Operator (Former Employee) –  Quincy, ILJanuary 27, 2017
Great company nice people great schedule good management leaving the job

great atmosphere, advancement. working with people
Pros
free coffee

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Quincy Medical Group. Our community is ready to answer.

Quincy Medical Group Reviews by Location