Quinnipiac University Employee Reviews

Lack of Strategical Thinking
Intern (Current Employee) –  Hamden, CTJune 26, 2019
At my time at Quinnipiac I've had 3 new managers in my first 12 months of employment. The project I was brought in to lead had major problems from day one due to lack of oversight and expertise.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Work Life Balance, Work hours
Workplace of many opportunities
Production Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hamden, CTJune 24, 2019
I have worked for Quinnipiac University in many different fields during my undergraduate studies. I have found that the positions that the school has offered me all contributed valuably to the education that I had been hoping to receive when I enrolled here.
Great job for a student.
Auxiliary Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hamden, CTJune 23, 2019
Great job for a student. Learned a lot about auxillary services department. I was able to improve my customer services skills as well as learn how to use the photography equipment.
Interesting place to work, but overfriendly
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Hamden, CTJune 18, 2019
I enjoy my job a lot and feel challenged by the work here. My bosses are open to suggestions and communication. However, there are a lot of "voluntary" work events and talk about being a "work family", and that to me is not what work is or should be about.
Simple and fun
Polling Caller (Former Employee) –  Hamden, CTJune 3, 2019
Always kept my interest. Everything was easily explained to me as well as my manager was constantly around should I need help at any point. Great environment.
productive and busy
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Hamden, CTMay 28, 2019
days at work go by smooth, some days slow some fast, most busy, i learn how to wash dishes, and keep up with the waist around the areas I'm at. time seems to go by fast everyrtime
Pros
free lunch
Cons
slow days
Respondents uncooperative
Polling interviewer (Former Employee) –  Hamden CTMay 22, 2019
Found work at poll to be clumsy as respondents unwilling to conduct 30 minute surveys during poll contact. Management out of touch with logistics of electorate.
Pros
Politically involved
Cons
Unwillinging responses
Productive work space
Assistant Basketball Coach (Former Employee) –  Hamden, CTMay 15, 2019
Love coaching and working for the College! The experiences I had over my 9 years at the school was such a positive experience! I enjoyed my coworkers and managers !
Good Benefits, Tough Job
Student Affairs (Current Employee) –  Hamden, CTApril 3, 2019
*Typical Day-No typical day. You will work 12 hours in some offices, 8:30-5 in others, depending on department. Some departments offer great work life balance. Others do not. Read up prior to coming to determine the work culture of your area.
*Learned how to work with privileged clients. Students and parents come from very affluent backgrounds and have high expectations of staff. Students are very intelligent and ambitious though.
*Management varies depending on which office you work in. Some are great, some not so much.
*Culture is very fast paced. This is much quicker than most higher education institutions. However, most staff excel at their individual role.
*The Long Hours-Not just talking working past 5 PM, but the weekend commitments and sometimes not sleeping and going into work the next day.
*The impact I can make on students.
Pros
Pay, Community Feel
Cons
Long Hours (contigent on office), Not Much Advancement (Many people stay at QU for a long period of time)
Amazing and carefree
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Hamden, CTMarch 16, 2019
it was super simple, go in to work and come out. no stress and good paychecks.
Productive, focused and helpful
Marketing Staff (Current Employee) –  Hamden, CTMarch 14, 2019
Working in marketing for my own school which is teaching me about the same concepts is very helpful. I am able to have a flexible schedule while being able to earn more money.
Productive, fun, & science-oriented workplace
Microbiology Laboratory Assistant (Current Employee) –  Hamden, CTMarch 13, 2019
A typical day consisted of organizing & maintaining the laboratory in a safe & aseptic manner for General Microbiology & Pathogenic Microbiology students, assisting in ensuring biomedical science laboratories adhered to the Department of Public Health standards, preparing biological media, broth, & agar, managing the laboratory inventory, and properly disposing of bio-hazard waste. The workplace culture was science-oriented and enjoyable. The most difficult part of the job was ensuring enough materials were prepped in a day. The most enjoyable part of the job was the friendly, helpful, and collaborative staff.
Professional Work Environment
Part Time Seasonal Poll Interviewer (Former Employee) –  Hamden, CTFebruary 28, 2019
I enjoyed working at the Quinnipiac Poll bummed about leaving due to overload of school work but i would recommend the job to everyone. The staff trains and prepares you very well to do your job.
Pros
Good pay, Easy work
Cons
Long shifts, Boring, Short Breaks
Predictable workplace with friendly coworkers
Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  Hamden, CTFebruary 20, 2019
The most enjoyable part of the job was getting to interact with coworkers and also the flow of work was at a steady, but not at an overwhelming pace. The hardest part of the job the predictability of the day to day work, sometimes making it mundane.
Call call call
POLL INTERVIEWER (Former Employee) –  Hamden, CT 06518February 3, 2019
Use prescripted questionaire to call people all over the us. Poll them on variouspolitical topics. Deal with constant hang ups, repeated busy, blocked or no answer calls. Lots of not interested. Staff is very nice. Hpurs are kept to under 19 max
Pros
Staff
Cons
No hours
Pros and Cons
Survey Interviewer (Current Employee) –  Hamden, CTDecember 28, 2018
Pros:
You get paid for calling and no one picking up.
You read questions to the caller.
Gives you perspective about why people vote in a certain way.

Cons:
Headsets can be uncomfortable.
Breakroom/bathroom size is too small.
Callers sometimes will be annoyed that you called.
I hard work experience
Stocker (Former Employee) –  Hamden, CTDecember 19, 2018
Always I want hard work help to people and truck and stocker food and help cooking and clean up and dishwasher drive truck food thing help I know everything check
very productive place
Facility custodian (Current Employee) –  Hamden, CTDecember 6, 2018
quinnipiac university isa very great place to work. management is great. everyone gets along good. the most enjoyable part of the job making sure the students are safe
Pros
long dinner breaks
Cons
presence is required no matter the weather conditions
typical
Polling Interviewer (Former Employee) –  Hamden, CTOctober 24, 2018
I have worked in several parts of the school and nothing has extremely impressed me or disappointed me. the Polling Institute is very inconsistent and has a very low retention rate
Pros
Easy work
Cons
tedious
Resident Assistant
Resident Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hamden, CTOctober 13, 2018
This is a job that the university offers to students who live on campus. The compensation is that your room and board are paid which makes a large impact financially when attending this school. I loved this job and would recommend it to anyone who is willing to grow as a professional, mentor, and leader. It is a lot of late nights and hard work but worth every minute.
Pros
room and board paid for
Cons
no stipend, may have to share a room with your residents, late nights