Quinnipiac University Employee Reviews

3rd shift crew
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Hamden, CTOctober 11, 2018
It was interesting I enjoyed 3rd shift more than anything. The people on my night crew are very reliable and we get the job done . I was more inside the booth making sure whoever comes threw that they are students . On the weekend it was more busy of course
n/a
Telephone Interviewer (Current Employee) –  Hamden, CTOctober 4, 2018
n/a -- unwelcoming work environment. Low pay and no benefits. I would not recommend this job to anyone who is looking for a salary paying job. They only offer part-time positions.
Stressful work enviorment
Interviewer (Former Employee) –  Hamden, CTSeptember 18, 2018
i would clock in for my shift as a new employee after going through training and have no idea where to go but would eventually stumble into a supervisor who would tell em to go look at the board and find my booth once i was there i was instructed to start the interview program on my computer
Campus Overview
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Hamden, CTSeptember 12, 2018
Its a a nice campus with many people that are diverse. it still behind the times compare to many other universities and the campus is clean. They need to increase staff.
Public Safety Officer (Former Employee) –  Hamden, CTAugust 13, 2018
I am proud to have worked for Quinnipiac University, is a great place to work! They offer free schooling for full time employees which is and so much more.
Good pay but poor management
Lecturer (Former Employee) –  Hamden, CTJuly 31, 2018
Worked as an adjunct. Adjunct pay was very fair.

Supervisor was awful. This was surprising as the president of the college was a management rock star.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Supervision
Quinnipiac University underpays its faculty
Assistant Professor of Physics (Former Employee) –  Hamden, CTJuly 8, 2018
There is a serious issue between faculty and administration regarding the quality of instruction (full time, tenure line vs. teaching faculty) and compensation. Professors in different departments at the same level make different salaries. There are no assurances of future expansion of CAS. Very frustrating.
Ok for someone who does not mind fast pace
Interviewer/Pollster (Former Employee) –  Hamden, CTJuly 2, 2018
It is a good telemarketers job for someone who does not mind being in tight quarters and phone all the time. Managers were very personable and honest with you.
Pros
easy to do
Cons
to much stress and very tight work space
Management is Toxic
Assessment Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Hamden, CTJuly 1, 2018
Upper management is toxic and extremely political. For union or lower level employees pray that your supervisor likes you because management nor the union will protect you from verbal abuse, a hostile work environment, and upper management will take course to fire you without giving you proper notice or expectations.
Computer Lab Supervisor
Computer Lab Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Hamden, CTJune 11, 2018
I enjoyed my time working in Information Services. The staff around you is friendly beyond belief and I miss working there. It's the perfect place for a student job on campus.
Academic Institution
Staff Member (Current Employee) –  Hamden, CTJune 7, 2018
Quinnipiac University is a great academic school that looks to develop the whole student both in and out of the classroom. Students come out with great careers and job opportunities in the future.
Low maintenance, healthy work enviornment
Surveyor (Current Employee) –  Hamden, CTMay 24, 2018
I would sit at my desk and make phone calls throughout the shift in order to attempt to get people to take our survey. I learned how to quickly and efficiently make out these phone calls as well as document the proper responses. The environment was very understanding and helpful. I would have to say the hardest part of the job would be not taking it personally when someone gets extremely angry at you on the phone. However, for every angry person who answers the phone call, there are so many happy and kind people who would just make my day that answer as well.
great place to work
Kitchen Staff (Former Employee) –  Hamden, CTMay 23, 2018
come in prep stayed busy until we opened fast pace with students and staff some manager make the job easier by helping when needed others just relax but for the most it its a good place to work
Diverse group performing a important and positive task.
Interviewer (Current Employee) –  Hamden, CTMay 16, 2018
A challenging and positive work environment in which management promotes the skill to conduct a telephone interview in a dispassionate and interested manner. Personal integrity is a must as well as the ability to keep your belief set private.
Good place to work overall. Nice campus.
English Instructor (Current Employee) –  Hamden, CTMay 5, 2018
If you are going to work as an adjunct instructor, Quinnipiac is a pretty good place to work. They are one of the higher paying universities. The Writing Program is top notch, and the leadership really cares for those teaching their composition classes.
Pros
Good faculty support
Cons
typical journeyman dislocation for adjuncts
Typical Day at Work
Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  Hamden, CTMay 5, 2018
Working at Quinnipiac is a great opportunity for me because being an office assistant gives me new experiences and shows me how to adapt in the real world.
Lack of training
Staff Accountant (Former Employee) –  Hamden, CTApril 26, 2018
position was difficult to perform as an entry level accounting person. expectations were high with little to no training provided to help. Could not do the job in timely and accurate manner without that.
benefits
Cons
lack of training
Good University to Work At
Adjunct Professor (Current Employee) –  Hamden, CTApril 8, 2018
Unlike some universities, parking is free and available. The academic campus is well removed from the student dorms with a nice mix in the middle. Most departments are smaller than average, the number of them reduce the average size.
Easy, flexible job
TELEPHONE INTERVIEWER (Former Employee) –  Hamden, CTApril 5, 2018
Must make cold calls to see if respondents will participate in a survey. This institute is nationally recognized. The results and statistics used from the surveys are used nationally. Does not tolerate cell phone use. Easy but boring job.
Pros
Flexible hours, always hiring
Cons
Boring, not much room for advancement, not many benefits
Orientation Leader (Former Employee) –  Hamden, CTApril 4, 2018
Quinnipiac University is a great institution that helped shape me into who I am today and has provided me with numerous opportunities for professional growth.
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a