Quinsigamond Community College Employee Reviews

Micromanagement to the Nth degree
Financial (Former Employee) –  Worcester, MAOctober 7, 2018
This is a state school so there is a lot of red tape. The management here is poor to say the least. You will be mirco-managed in most departments, little autonomy, not much room for advancement.
Pros
decent wages and benefits
Cons
terrible management, stressful environment, lack of communication across the board
Independent but with no guidance at all.
Adjunct Professor (Current Employee) –  Worcester, MASeptember 10, 2018
Was on my own with no feedback from dean. Only student evaluations of my courses were considered. There was very little involvement with the administration or other faculty members.
Cons
No chance for advancement. No encouragement from administration.
A great place to work staff is wonderful.
Note Taker (Former Employee) –  Southbridge, MA 01550August 31, 2018
Working for Quinsigamond college was a great experience. i enjoyed helping others. and working with diverse groups of people. no part of the job was really hard. i just like the fact that i made impact on person life.
Pros
interacting with people and making a difference
Front Desk Support
Financial Aid Office Clerk as a Federal Work Study (Former Employee) –  Worcester, MAAugust 12, 2018
Working in a office setting I had the time of my life in The Financial Aid office. I learned so much when I worked a Federal Work study it took my mind off of my college life. I loved helping other students with financial Aid questions.
Pros
people where nice to me.
Cons
Some people was not nice at all.
Call Center Representative (Current Employee) –  Worcester, MAJune 4, 2018
Very flexible. Easy work. Supervisor is very helpful with guidance and assistance to ensure confidence in your role as a call center operative. Always helping with good communication
Pros
Flexiable schedule
Cons
no beneifits
Excellent team work
Clinical Instructor- Dental Hygiene (Current Employee) –  Worcester, MAMay 19, 2018
Supportive faculty and management in place. Wonderful place to work and grow. Clinical skills, sterilization and process of care for dental hygiene students of the up most importance to ensure well rounded, competent skilled graduates.
Pros
Help with continuing education, flexible work schedule
Cons
contract based for adjuncts per semester
it was just a part time job
Note Taker (Former Employee) –  Worcester, MAFebruary 17, 2018
working as a note taker, very easy and work independently. i work as a volunteer so i didn't received any paid. Recommended studend to work if wants to gain some extra experiance.
Pros
can work independently
Cons
no salary
fun place to work
Adjunct Professor- Dental Assistant Program (Former Employee) –  Worcester, MAFebruary 7, 2018
Ensure that all students have supplies for their patients, help faculty during sterilization procedures. help in the dental hygiene national board. the most enjoyable part of the job is to interact with estudents every daily.
Easygoing place to work, but exciting in that it challenges you
Learning Center Assistant (Former Employee) –  Worcester, MAJanuary 6, 2018
A typical day at work involved arriving at 7:30 A.M, readying the center for students and tutors and proceeding to assist students to find tutors, proper worksheets, and troubleshooting computer issues. I learned the value of treating each person as unique and worth listening to. My employers there were heartfelt and patient, giving each problem time to be heard and gracing others the benefit of the doubt when their behavior was in question. The hardest part of the job was sitting at a desk for hours at a time. I prefer to be on my feet and doing something with intermittent breaks, so it was a challenge, but the slowed pace allowed me the time to get to know the visitors, teachers, and tutors there. The most enjoyable part of the job was definitely working with the staff there and learning about their dreams and desires, they encouraged me and I hope to do the same for others in future.
Pros
Great co-workers, ample time to work on homework, and an evironment where all stages of learning of welcomed.
Cons
Some dull hours in between, especially on days there weren't many students and only half hour breaks were permitted.
Great place to work!
Clerk III (Former Employee) –  Worcester, MADecember 13, 2017
Constant contact with student body when dealing with academic deadlines or seeking other resources on campus. Support for academic advisors, faculty, and students. First point of contact when responding to phone inquiries.
Pros
Weekends off, Benefits
Cons
Parking
Satisfying work teaching college age students
Adjunct faculty member (Former Employee) –  Worcester, MAOctober 15, 2017
This job was for one semester only teaching introductor sociology. Other than that I have guest lectured in a criminal law class approximately once per semester at the same school. I find the teaching of students and the give and take of questions and answers in the classroom to be very satisfying.
Great school
Adjunct Professor (Current Employee) –  Worcester, MAAugust 20, 2017
Great learning atmosphere. Everyone at the college cares about their students and helping be successful. Smaller size college with not a lot of courses for new adjunct to teach.
Amazing work culture.
Assistant (Current Employee) –  Worcester, MAJuly 30, 2017
Everyone is friendly and incredibly easy to work with. The campus is lively and diverse. Usually pretty busy. I look forward into going to work each day. Highly recommended.
adjunct instructor
Adjunct Instructor (Former Employee) –  Worcester, MAJuly 20, 2017
Interesting with blend of continuing ed students with various life experiences. Taught psychology of management, supervision, human resources and entrepreneurship.
Incoming call switchboard operator
Switchboard Operator (Former Employee) –  Worcester, MAMay 17, 2017
Worked as incoming call switchboard operator for local community college Quinsigamond Community College. Referred all calls to appropriate departments
Cons
temporary work
Adjunct Faculty (Current Employee) –  Worcester, MAApril 24, 2017
It is a great place to work. The environment is relaxed and work schedules are flexible. If you love helping students and enjoy teaching, this is the place for you.
Teaching Network Course
Network Class Instructor (Former Employee) –  Worcester, MAApril 24, 2017
I was a part time teacher and I had a network course and a lab which takes two nights (6 hours) each week. Had a good time with the students there. One of my student got the Cisco certificate after he completed my classes.
Very departmentalized
Information Technology Desktop Support (Former Employee) –  Worcester, MAMarch 28, 2017
Interesting place to work will the different departments you get exposed to a lot of different things. From professors, Dr's, Dentists and students. Management was good and fair.
a good place to start your education.
SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  Worcester, MAJanuary 30, 2017
qcc is place where anyone can feel comfortable, open minded but also not quite up to spped with their system but other than that is a great place for amd education or a job.
Provide Support and Development for Document Imaging Software
Software Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Worcester, MADecember 19, 2016
Support and Development for Document Imaging Software. Always learning anything associated with the software. Co-workers are very supportive. Hardest part is supporting too much technology. The most enjoyable part is the development of new processes and not just support.