Quinsigamond Community College Employee Reviews

Excellent team work
Clinical Instructor- Dental Hygiene (Current Employee) –  Worcester, MAMay 19, 2018
Supportive faculty and management in place. Wonderful place to work and grow. Clinical skills, sterilization and process of care for dental hygiene students of the up most importance to ensure well rounded, competent skilled graduates.
Pros
Help with continuing education, flexible work schedule
Cons
contract based for adjuncts per semester
it was just a part time job
Note Taker (Former Employee) –  Worcester, MAFebruary 17, 2018
working as a note taker, very easy and work independently. i work as a volunteer so i didn't received any paid. Recommended studend to work if wants to gain some extra experiance.
Pros
can work independently
Cons
no salary
fun place to work
Adjunct Professor- Dental Assistant Program (Former Employee) –  Worcester, MAFebruary 7, 2018
Ensure that all students have supplies for their patients, help faculty during sterilization procedures. help in the dental hygiene national board. the most enjoyable part of the job is to interact with estudents every daily.
Easygoing place to work, but exciting in that it challenges you
Learning Center Assistant (Former Employee) –  Worcester, MAJanuary 6, 2018
A typical day at work involved arriving at 7:30 A.M, readying the center for students and tutors and proceeding to assist students to find tutors, proper worksheets, and troubleshooting computer issues. I learned the value of treating each person as unique and worth listening to. My employers there were heartfelt and patient, giving each problem time to be heard and gracing others the benefit of the doubt when their behavior was in question. The hardest part of the job was sitting at a desk for hours at a time. I prefer to be on my feet and doing something with intermittent breaks, so it was a challenge, but the slowed pace allowed me the time to get to know the visitors, teachers, and tutors there. The most enjoyable part of the job was definitely working with the staff there and learning about their dreams and desires, they encouraged me and I hope to do the same for others in future.
Pros
Great co-workers, ample time to work on homework, and an evironment where all stages of learning of welcomed.
Cons
Some dull hours in between, especially on days there weren't many students and only half hour breaks were permitted.
Great place to work!
Clerk III (Former Employee) –  Worcester, MADecember 13, 2017
Constant contact with student body when dealing with academic deadlines or seeking other resources on campus. Support for academic advisors, faculty, and students. First point of contact when responding to phone inquiries.
Pros
Weekends off, Benefits
Cons
Parking
Satisfying work teaching college age students
Adjunct faculty member (Former Employee) –  Worcester, MAOctober 15, 2017
This job was for one semester only teaching introductor sociology. Other than that I have guest lectured in a criminal law class approximately once per semester at the same school. I find the teaching of students and the give and take of questions and answers in the classroom to be very satisfying.
Great school
Adjunct Professor (Current Employee) –  Worcester, MAAugust 20, 2017
Great learning atmosphere. Everyone at the college cares about their students and helping be successful. Smaller size college with not a lot of courses for new adjunct to teach.
Amazing work culture.
Assistant (Current Employee) –  Worcester, MAJuly 30, 2017
Everyone is friendly and incredibly easy to work with. The campus is lively and diverse. Usually pretty busy. I look forward into going to work each day. Highly recommended.
adjunct instructor
Adjunct Instructor (Former Employee) –  Worcester, MAJuly 20, 2017
Interesting with blend of continuing ed students with various life experiences. Taught psychology of management, supervision, human resources and entrepreneurship.
Incoming call switchboard operator
Switchboard Operator (Former Employee) –  Worcester, MAMay 17, 2017
Worked as incoming call switchboard operator for local community college Quinsigamond Community College. Referred all calls to appropriate departments
Cons
temporary work
Adjunct Faculty (Current Employee) –  Worcester, MAApril 24, 2017
It is a great place to work. The environment is relaxed and work schedules are flexible. If you love helping students and enjoy teaching, this is the place for you.
Teaching Network Course
Network Class Instructor (Former Employee) –  Worcester, MAApril 24, 2017
I was a part time teacher and I had a network course and a lab which takes two nights (6 hours) each week. Had a good time with the students there. One of my student got the Cisco certificate after he completed my classes.
Very departmentalized
Information Technology Desktop Support (Former Employee) –  Worcester, MAMarch 28, 2017
Interesting place to work will the different departments you get exposed to a lot of different things. From professors, Dr's, Dentists and students. Management was good and fair.
a good place to start your education.
SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  Worcester, MAJanuary 30, 2017
qcc is place where anyone can feel comfortable, open minded but also not quite up to spped with their system but other than that is a great place for amd education or a job.
Provide Support and Development for Document Imaging Software
Software Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Worcester, MADecember 19, 2016
Support and Development for Document Imaging Software. Always learning anything associated with the software. Co-workers are very supportive. Hardest part is supporting too much technology. The most enjoyable part is the development of new processes and not just support.
Rewarding
Student Support Tutor (Former Employee) –  Worcester, MADecember 17, 2016
I had my first tutoring job at Quinisgamond Community College. It was the most rewarding job that I ever had. When I was helping students to understand and enjoy math that is when I knew I love helping others in particular to understand math. Most importantly easing their anxiety and making them that they are not in this took me to a new level of happiness and peace.
lack of communication
librarian Quinsigamond Community College (Current Employee) –  Worcester, MANovember 15, 2016
horrible management, no communication, when there is conversations they are completely irrelevant to working matters. only descent aspect is the schedule
Pros
school schedule
Cons
lack of communication
Cashier
Secretary (Former Employee) –  Worcester, MANovember 8, 2016
I barely got any hours to work. So much work but barely got good checks. I never worked more then 10 hours a week. They would call me randomly on my days off to come in for a 3 hour shift.
Pros
Once I got a certian amount of sales I would get bonus's.
Cons
Never got breaks. no more then 10 hrs a week.
Great would get to use the college indoor pool at ni
Secretary (Former Employee) –  Worcester, MAAugust 22, 2016
This was a part-time job while I was attending college. I held this job for three years working part-time during school and full-time during the vacations. This was a wonderful job I had a great boss and the staff were great people. My duties were typical for a one person office correspondence, scheduling, answer phones, taking care of mail and any other duties requested. A number of the employees were veterans and they would often stop and talk about their expierences during the war. I found these stories to be very interesting and thought provoking war is not pretty! I had my own office and my boss' office was directly across from me, so I was basically by myself the majority of the time.
Pros
good pay, good people
Cons
just during college
Great Place to work as an undergrad
Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Worcester, MAJune 2, 2016
I worked here during my undergraduate degree and liked that starting off I made higher than minimum wage alternatives. Most of the staff and faculty are truly nice people and were a pleasure to work with. The only thing about my position was that after several years of increasing work load there, I was denied even a small raise and the amount of hours given were minimal.
Pros
Snow Days, Holidays
Cons
Pay, Underworked