QuinStreet Employee Reviews

Not a place I would work again
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Beaverton, ORApril 5, 2018
This company had no paid time off and changed the job from being customer service to a sales position. I worked there a year and a half with no real raise.
Good management, monotonous work
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Beaverton, ORFebruary 17, 2018
Gets boring, but if you want a chill job just talking on the phone for 8 hours a day, this is your best bet. You start out working in the education department and have the opportunity to be cross trained in the other departments they have here as well.
Senior Digital Marketing Manager (Former Employee) –  Foster City, CAJanuary 15, 2018
I liked working here and the people I worked with. There were some remote team members that I worked with in the east coast and in India so I had to adjust to time zones and sometimes getting on a call late at night or early morning which I didn't mind.

Overall, I liked working here alot.
Pros
Great leadership, projects, team members and culture
Cons
none really
Randstat
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Beaverton, OROctober 23, 2017
The satisfaction of helping peoploe was always a winner for me, people call from all over the state needing home repairs but not knowing how to start the process; being that first step and ressolving the customer of their fears was always a get go for me.
Pros
Lots of personal growth
Cons
No clear understanding of how a call flow should go.
Do not work here
Education Advisor (Former Employee) –  Tigard, ORJuly 22, 2017
This business is so corrupt I don't think anyone should work here. What seems to be a company that helps people actually harms them financially. You never see anyone and are refined to a cuBible most of the time
Pros
Good pay structure
Cons
Bad business ethics
QuinStreet as a private start-up
Senior Manager (Former Employee) –  Foster City, CAJuly 15, 2017
When I worked there many years ago, QuinStreet was still a private start-up with 500 employees mostly located in Foster City, CA and Pune, India. The hours were long due to lots of business fire drills, but the compensation and benefits were decent.
terrible
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Beaverton, ORJune 18, 2017
typical day was awful, the management was poor, rules and the way things worked would change daily then we would get in trouble because they would implement a new system and makes us learn withing a couple days and expect us to be perfect. constantly getting screamed at for cold calling people. borderline unethical because we lied our way through a call in order to get a lead.
Good benefits and guaranteed hours.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Beaverton, ORJune 16, 2017
Its not a bad place to work at. I do sense at times that my job is not secure. It seems to be very easy to get fired and when fired there is no wiggle room to be given a second chance no matter the situation,
Pros
Hours, Pay
Cons
Location, compassion
Was good but got worse over time.
Senior Web Developer (Former Employee) –  Foster City, CAMay 11, 2017
There was a good environment with many perks to begin with when I started working there. As time went on and the company got worse and worse mostly due to poor management and less focus on the quality of work and more of a focus on quantity. This eventually led to an overwhelming workload with not much to show for.
Typical call center
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Beaverton, ORFebruary 22, 2017
you sit in a cubicle all day and call people and try to get them signed up to further their education. During training they made it sound like it wouldnt be so bad for outbound calls but a lot of the people hit the button by mistake so you get yelled at a lot
Great people, not so great company
Marketing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Foster City, CAFebruary 15, 2017
Tries to provide stat-up culture but not one anymore.
Morale is rather low due to turn-over and lay-offs.
Really fun and intelligent people, good benefits.
Technology can use some advancement.
Pros
Benefits and people
Cons
Management can be stuck in their ways
Business in Decline
Copywriter (Former Employee) –  Foster City, CANovember 15, 2016
QuinStreet is a good place to get experience in a new field, but there isn't much room for growth there. With the recent downturn in their business and mass layoffs, the outlook for finding a job here is poor.
Pros
Good place to start
Cons
Little room for growth, mass layoffs
Fun Work place
Outbound Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLMay 17, 2016
Nice Managers Fun atmosphere Real Easy Great Overall An Excellent Job To Me Excellent co workers Quiet environment Made You Feel right at home
Pros
everything
Former customer service representative
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Beaverton, ORFebruary 24, 2016
Worst company i have ever worked for. They payed me 15 an hour but were extremely unorganized and the management was terrible and rude. The only good thing about this place was the people i sat next to everyday and made close friends. I absolutely despise the way they make the company sound and appear. Because once your not new and they get to know you and you try to be a part of the management. They find any reason to fire you or are out to get you. Terrible company.
Pros
15 minute breaks, co-workers.
Cons
Everything else!
Easy going and fun
Education advisor (Current Employee) –  Beaverton, ORNovember 2, 2015
I love working for this company. The coworkers are all friendly and the work itself is very straightforward. They let you know as frequently as you like about how you are doing and what skills you need to improve on which I really appreciate. It's also nice having your own space and not having to stare at your coworkers all day long.
Good Company to work for
Director - Technology, Auto Insurance (Current Employee) –  Foster City, CAOctober 6, 2015
Good Company to work for, Good place for Mid level executives.
There is no plan on how to proceed, what things company should focus on etc.
Fun workplace but poor management
Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Beaverton, ORSeptember 28, 2015
QuinStreet as a company has a very positive, supportive, and fun culture. Their health benefits in particular are excellent and extremely affordable. I absolutely loved interacting with my co-workers and I had some flexibility to manage my own team with my personal style. The management, however, leaves something to be desired... when I was there the management was very inexperienced and constantly made changes that were not based around employee feedback or common sense. I felt constantly criticized, undervalued, and condescended by all levels of management above me. This coupled with a mere 5 days of vacation time built up a lot of stress for me and drove me to leave. Additionally, while the company does have higher ethical standards than other telemarking companies, QuinStreet does to some extent manipulate its customer base through shady sales techniques. I was no longer comfortable working there after two years and I have been very happy elsewhere, even if I do have to pay more for health insurance. I know that the Oregon office of QuinStreet is run somewhat differently than the rest of the company, so things will probably be better for you if you work in a different office.
Pros
Inexpensive health insurance, stocked kitchen, fun work environment
Cons
Very little vacation time, inexperienced management and constant changes
Solid internship opportunity to gain entry-level skills.
Media Associate and Social Media Intern (Current Employee) –  Foster City, CAAugust 8, 2015
- CEO sits among the rest of us
- co-workers are productive and very skillful in their roles
- seasonal ping pong tournament
Monotonous call center with high turnover and poor policy choices.
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Beaverton, ORMay 26, 2015
The best thing about this place is its where I met my girlfriend. Other than that I honestly have nothing good to say about it.
Pros
Free soda.
Cons
Everything else.
Happy to be at office
QA Engineer (Current Employee) –  Foster City, CAApril 10, 2015
I start my day checking the emails,reply back to the emails which needs my input.Attend scrum meeting discuss the tasks done previous day,what will I do today and any blockage in finishing the task. Prioritize my tasks if anything comes up all of a sudden and start working on it to complete the task.Quinstreet is an online marketing company so we see production issues ,I talk to business team and my manager trouble shoot the issue and report to developer.
At quinstreet learned to do multiple tasks in a single day apart from working on my regular tasks.It is a very complex project where the consumers are connected to one end and the insurance carriers are integrated to an other end. where we work on multiple things like webservices testing,backend testing,looking into server logs,database verification.
The enjoyable part is we work and have fun talk with my co workers which makes me relaxing ,go out for lunch once a week.
Pros
games, lunches
Cons
layoffs