QuintilesIMS Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Found 473 reviews matching the search See all 1,037 reviews
Hateful
Project Management Associate (Former Employee) –  Durham, NCAugust 20, 2018
I have never hated a place of employment as much as I hated Quintiles/IQVIA. You are over-worked and underpaid and are made to feel like a number. Most managers don't care about the workers and constantly undermine efforts.
Pros
Cons
Terrible working conditions
promotes from within
SENIOR CLINICAL TRIALS ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAAugust 9, 2018
I was able to move up through the company easily. Unfortunately, my manager was not able to perform her duties effectively and it became a difficult place to work.
Okay place to work
Clinical Data Assistant, Quintiles (Former Employee) –  Williamston, NCAugust 9, 2018
I only worked for a year with Quintiles. I enjoyed the data entry and the filing aspect of the job. The supervisor in the data entry room was not friendly and not very forthcoming with information needed to do a better job.
Loved the work but not management and environment
Data Analyst (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAAugust 7, 2018
The amount of work was what I loved most about this company. Besides having poor management, my ability to come in every morning to just work motivated me because of the work that I did. I loved challenges and that's what I go to everyday, every morning. Creating databases for clients and making sure everything was to their expectations was what I enjoyed doing. You work at your own pace and even with any type of direction, you are the one who has to problem solve any and all issues that occur. I am such a team player that I am never selfish to share any important new information related to healthcare industry. Loved my work!!! Miss the work!! Just sorry the company decided to let our team of 7 go.
Pros
Every month there are company meetings with free lunches
Cons
Management unprofessional
It was just Quintiles when I worked there
Clinical Research Associate (Former Employee) –  RemoteAugust 7, 2018
The company has changed since I was employed but it seems to be a better place since I've left. The culture is geared towards a collaberative effort with compensation perks.
Amazing Company
Accounting Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Durham, NCJuly 24, 2018
This company offers a very supportive and positive work environment. Workplace culture is great! High flexibility and authority in doing my job. The company trust their employees to develop and improve themselves.
First 2 years was good.
Quality Control Data Specialist (Former Employee) –  ManilaJuly 24, 2018
First 2 years was a good environment. They took care of the employees and is a fun workplace. I don't even use my breaks because of the atmosphere.

All of sudden they changed everything and Work/Life/Balance was disregarded. It became stressful with the new management.

Politics was also included on your promotion.
Pros
Co Workers are fun and treat you as a family
Cons
Politics to get a promotion
Very stifling environment
Clinical Research Technician II (Former Employee) –  Lenexa, KSJuly 19, 2018
When I was there, upper management was very unsympathetic to one of the employees fat-shaming another tech in my group. They said they couldn't do anything to stop him, and if the offended tech had such a problem they should just quit. The one being shamed had to leave his job because of a new guy who was a disgusting bully.
After company went public; company culture changed
Statistical Scientist (home-based) (Former Employee) –  Research Triangle Park, NCJuly 18, 2018
The first 5 years was great. I had a lot of autonomy and loved the work I did. Once the company went public, management attitude changed and it was a cut throat atmosphere.

I was pressured into taking a management position and wasn't given much transition support or mentoring since it was my first experience supervising people and managing the client relations.

Didn't get much support from management when client became difficult and demanding. I documented everything per my management and felt I wasn't treated fairly.
Pros
Early on environment was great
Cons
After company went public, culture changed
Excellent opportunity to fine tune analyst skills.
Consultant (Former Employee) –  Plymouth Meeting, PAJuly 3, 2018
Excellent opportunity to fine tune analyst skills. Management is friendly and co-workers are easy to work with. IQVIA has excellent training programs to enhance your knowledge.
Pros
Solid computer equipment for contractors to use remotely.
productive and fun
Diabetes Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  New Orleans, LAJune 25, 2018
QuintilesIMS/IQVIA is a great company to work for. They care about employee satisfaction and there is a good work/life balance. I have enjoyed my time at Quintiles.
Good place to work, good learning enviroment, variety of systems
Help Desk I (Current Employee) –  Overland Park, KSJune 17, 2018
8 hour days, 30-45 calls a day with a goal of 7 mins on average per call. Comprehensive Knowledge base to help with the variety of calls and systems that you have to troubleshoot. Escalation paths for things you can't or don't have the time to fix. Take calls from English speaking people from all over the world. Salary based position with overtime pay for everything over 40 hours a week. Work with O365, Sharepoint, Skpe for Buisness, VPN, iFlex, Citrix, GotoAssit, and Mainframes. I would recommend this job, a positive place to work.
Pros
good starting salary and benfits, good training enviroment
Cons
limited room for advancement
Potential to be a great place to work
Clinical Research Project Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Marietta, GAJune 15, 2018
Too many clicks and politics, managers should work on focusing on employee growth, family, work life balance and company mission including not over promising clients and under delivering on promise.
Poor Management
Clinical Research Manager (Former Employee) –  Murrieta, CAJune 10, 2018
Hours vary, may start at 4:30 am one day, next day 7am.
Management lacks leadership/support/guidance
Expectations not clearly stated for job requirement
Pros
simple job but no advancement
Contractor Data Steward (Current Employee) –  Plymouth Meeting, PAJune 6, 2018
Company seems to dangle full time employment in front of contractors for multiple years before offering them a full time position. The contract positions are also below the average industry pay rate.
Pros
Work from home often
Cons
pay, advancement
Excellent
Statistical Programmer (Former Employee) –  Research Triangle Park, NCJune 3, 2018
Good place to work/retire...Good people. Nice location. Beautiful building. Great hours. I really liked the people there. Friendly, helpful, knowledgeable.
Good salary
Regulatory Start-up Lead (Former Employee) –  Mays Landing, NJJune 1, 2018
Poor training and job support. Very poor follow up with questions from remote work being performed. Mentors were constantly being shuffled so there was no continuity of POC for questions during the workday. Very frustrating!
Pros
remote work
Cons
you are on your own
Field Sales - pharmaceutical
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAMay 31, 2018
Visited clients - 8-10 visits per day - promoting benefits and safety of products, medications.
Great collaboration with the contract client. Great and extensive training.
Great Company with good Management
Sr. Clinical Project Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSMay 21, 2018
I spent 13 years with this company and was able to move up and be promoted lots of time. I was able to learn so much during my time there by being able to move around and work in other departments. Everyone from HR to co workers to Management were all great and would always make time for advise or just see how you were doing.
Pros
Cafeteria, People, Move up
Cons
No more employee events
Was a great place. Not so sure now.
Senior Vice President, Global Head of Sales (Former Employee) –  Durham, NCMay 4, 2018
Was a great place to hang your hat over the years. With the IMS merger this is left to be seen if the culture will remain or change. Definitely a great place to learn key work skills.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at QuintilesIMS. Our community is ready to answer.

Diversity score

65out of 100

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at QuintilesIMS.

Powered by Comparably