QuintilesIMS Employee Reviews

Found 479 reviews matching the search See all 1,053 reviews
Good Work; Management Politics Impede Advancement
Anonymous (Former Employee) –  Collegeville, PAJanuary 24, 2019
The work at hand is great; however, management politics and favoritism impede advancement and ultimately drive resources elsewhere. Trust, support, and empowerment are lacking.
Good company depending on department you work for
CSV, Sr. Auditor and IT Quality Analyst roles (Former Employee) –  Raleigh-Durham, NCJanuary 24, 2019
This was a good place to work if you were working in a functional department. Communication from Sr. Management could have been better, and I personally witnessed HR turning a blind eye to work place abuses by line managers in many cases.
formerly quintiles
Site Start Up Lead (Former Employee) –  Research Triangle Park, NCJanuary 9, 2019
My time here was when it was Quintiles. The atmosphere at that time was stress upon stress. Most of my colleagues I worked with at that time worked in excess of 50 hours per week and most worked holidays and weekends and often didn't track that time.

Managers at Quintiles within SSU, were incapable of managing. They had no training in working as managers and some ended up being their friends' managers. It was awkward and often unpleasant.

The was a very long time ago and I've heard it's gotten better to a change in management.
Pros
Good benefits, Many great experienced people
Cons
managers were inept, very stressful due to extreme number of hours expected to work
Good local work group.
Network Engineer II (Former Employee) –  Chesapeake, VADecember 17, 2018
After a buyout, merger and then name change, too many people were laid off without cause. Most decisions were made remotely, without regard to knowledge or input from local office support.
Pros
Learned new hardware, support.
Cons
Old hardware was not replaced when needed.
Autonomy
Multiple Sclerosis Field Nurse Educator (Former Employee) –  Parsippany, NJNovember 14, 2018
Quintiles provided a good balance of autonomy in my position. Great work/life balance. Feeling of satisfaction, responsibility and motivation. Great place to work.
Work from home position that offered opportunities for development
Clinical Study / Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSNovember 2, 2018
A typical day included communicating by e-mail and phone with international team members on status of activities being performed in their respective regions.
Very productive and enjoyable
Clinical Research Associate III (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 2, 2018
They train you well and they make sure that you are up to par before starting your current role. The staff is very friendly, the pay is competitive, and the company is constantly growing.
Hateful
Project Management Associate (Former Employee) –  Durham, NCAugust 20, 2018
I have never hated a place of employment as much as I hated Quintiles/IQVIA. You are over-worked and underpaid and are made to feel like a number. Most managers don't care about the workers and constantly undermine efforts.
Pros
Cons
Terrible working conditions
promotes from within
SENIOR CLINICAL TRIALS ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAAugust 9, 2018
I was able to move up through the company easily. Unfortunately, my manager was not able to perform her duties effectively and it became a difficult place to work.
Okay place to work
Clinical Data Assistant, Quintiles (Former Employee) –  Williamston, NCAugust 9, 2018
I only worked for a year with Quintiles. I enjoyed the data entry and the filing aspect of the job. The supervisor in the data entry room was not friendly and not very forthcoming with information needed to do a better job.
Loved the work but not management and environment
Data Analyst (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAAugust 7, 2018
The amount of work was what I loved most about this company. Besides having poor management, my ability to come in every morning to just work motivated me because of the work that I did. I loved challenges and that's what I go to everyday, every morning. Creating databases for clients and making sure everything was to their expectations was what I enjoyed doing. You work at your own pace and even with any type of direction, you are the one who has to problem solve any and all issues that occur. I am such a team player that I am never selfish to share any important new information related to healthcare industry. Loved my work!!! Miss the work!! Just sorry the company decided to let our team of 7 go.
Pros
Every month there are company meetings with free lunches
Cons
Management unprofessional
It was just Quintiles when I worked there
Clinical Research Associate (Former Employee) –  RemoteAugust 7, 2018
The company has changed since I was employed but it seems to be a better place since I've left. The culture is geared towards a collaberative effort with compensation perks.
Amazing Company
Accounting Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Durham, NCJuly 24, 2018
This company offers a very supportive and positive work environment. Workplace culture is great! High flexibility and authority in doing my job. The company trust their employees to develop and improve themselves.
First 2 years was good.
Quality Control Data Specialist (Former Employee) –  ManilaJuly 24, 2018
First 2 years was a good environment. They took care of the employees and is a fun workplace. I don't even use my breaks because of the atmosphere.

All of sudden they changed everything and Work/Life/Balance was disregarded. It became stressful with the new management.

Politics was also included on your promotion.
Pros
Co Workers are fun and treat you as a family
Cons
Politics to get a promotion
Very stifling environment
Clinical Research Technician II (Former Employee) –  Lenexa, KSJuly 19, 2018
When I was there, upper management was very unsympathetic to one of the employees fat-shaming another tech in my group. They said they couldn't do anything to stop him, and if the offended tech had such a problem they should just quit. The one being shamed had to leave his job because of a new guy who was a disgusting bully.
After company went public; company culture changed
Statistical Scientist (home-based) (Former Employee) –  Research Triangle Park, NCJuly 18, 2018
The first 5 years was great. I had a lot of autonomy and loved the work I did. Once the company went public, management attitude changed and it was a cut throat atmosphere.

I was pressured into taking a management position and wasn't given much transition support or mentoring since it was my first experience supervising people and managing the client relations.

Didn't get much support from management when client became difficult and demanding. I documented everything per my management and felt I wasn't treated fairly.
Pros
Early on environment was great
Cons
After company went public, culture changed
Excellent opportunity to fine tune analyst skills.
Consultant (Former Employee) –  Plymouth Meeting, PAJuly 3, 2018
Excellent opportunity to fine tune analyst skills. Management is friendly and co-workers are easy to work with. IQVIA has excellent training programs to enhance your knowledge.
Pros
Solid computer equipment for contractors to use remotely.
productive and fun
Diabetes Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  New Orleans, LAJune 25, 2018
QuintilesIMS/IQVIA is a great company to work for. They care about employee satisfaction and there is a good work/life balance. I have enjoyed my time at Quintiles.
Good place to work, good learning enviroment, variety of systems
Help Desk I (Current Employee) –  Overland Park, KSJune 17, 2018
8 hour days, 30-45 calls a day with a goal of 7 mins on average per call. Comprehensive Knowledge base to help with the variety of calls and systems that you have to troubleshoot. Escalation paths for things you can't or don't have the time to fix. Take calls from English speaking people from all over the world. Salary based position with overtime pay for everything over 40 hours a week. Work with O365, Sharepoint, Skpe for Buisness, VPN, iFlex, Citrix, GotoAssit, and Mainframes. I would recommend this job, a positive place to work.
Pros
good starting salary and benfits, good training enviroment
Cons
limited room for advancement
Potential to be a great place to work
Clinical Research Project Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Marietta, GAJune 15, 2018
Too many clicks and politics, managers should work on focusing on employee growth, family, work life balance and company mission including not over promising clients and under delivering on promise.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at QuintilesIMS. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.5InHerSight Score

3.3Personal Development

3.4Career Opportunities

3.7Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight