QuintilesIMS Employee Reviews

Found 462 reviews matching the search See all 1,015 reviews
Good place to work, good learning enviroment, variety of systems
Help Desk I (Current Employee) –  Overland Park, KSJune 17, 2018
8 hour days, 30-45 calls a day with a goal of 7 mins on average per call. Comprehensive Knowledge base to help with the variety of calls and systems that you have to troubleshoot. Escalation paths for things you can't or don't have the time to fix. Take calls from English speaking people from all over the world. Salary based position with overtime pay for everything over 40 hours a week. Work with O365, Sharepoint, Skpe for Buisness, VPN, iFlex, Citrix, GotoAssit, and Mainframes. I would recommend this job, a positive place to work.
Pros
good starting salary and benfits, good training enviroment
Cons
limited room for advancement
Potential to be a great place to work
Clinical Research Project Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Marietta, GAJune 15, 2018
Too many clicks and politics, managers should work on focusing on employee growth, family, work life balance and company mission including not over promising clients and under delivering on promise.
Poor Management
Clinical Research Manager (Former Employee) –  Murrieta, CAJune 10, 2018
Hours vary, may start at 4:30 am one day, next day 7am.
Management lacks leadership/support/guidance
Expectations not clearly stated for job requirement
Pros
simple job but no advancement
Contractor Data Steward (Current Employee) –  Plymouth Meeting, PAJune 6, 2018
Company seems to dangle full time employment in front of contractors for multiple years before offering them a full time position. The contract positions are also below the average industry pay rate.
Pros
Work from home often
Cons
pay, advancement
Excellent
Statistical Programmer (Former Employee) –  Research Triangle Park, NCJune 3, 2018
Good place to work/retire...Good people. Nice location. Beautiful building. Great hours. I really liked the people there. Friendly, helpful, knowledgeable.
Good salary
Regulatory Start-up Lead (Former Employee) –  Mays Landing, NJJune 1, 2018
Poor training and job support. Very poor follow up with questions from remote work being performed. Mentors were constantly being shuffled so there was no continuity of POC for questions during the workday. Very frustrating!
Pros
remote work
Cons
you are on your own
Field Sales - pharmaceutical
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAMay 31, 2018
Visited clients - 8-10 visits per day - promoting benefits and safety of products, medications.
Great collaboration with the contract client. Great and extensive training.
Great Company with good Management
Sr. Clinical Project Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSMay 21, 2018
I spent 13 years with this company and was able to move up and be promoted lots of time. I was able to learn so much during my time there by being able to move around and work in other departments. Everyone from HR to co workers to Management were all great and would always make time for advise or just see how you were doing.
Pros
Cafeteria, People, Move up
Cons
No more employee events
Was a great place. Not so sure now.
Senior Vice President, Global Head of Sales (Former Employee) –  Durham, NCMay 4, 2018
Was a great place to hang your hat over the years. With the IMS merger this is left to be seen if the culture will remain or change. Definitely a great place to learn key work skills.
Really don't remember
Senior Clinical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXMay 1, 2018
It's been so long since I worked at Quintiles, I really don't remember much. Other than the opportunities in the Austin office were limited as positions kept getting moved back to the Raleigh office.
A Place of Learning
Senior Clinical Trials Assistant (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSApril 26, 2018
Quintiles was a place of learning the basics of research and understanding ICH and GCP. Multitasking and self-orientation is very important to succeed in the role of a Clinical Trial Assistant. There is a lot of opportunities to advance to Research Associate, once you achieve this area of the Research field many doors open for your future.
Pros
Work life balance.
Cons
Only two options for promotions from CTA role.
Great company
Pharmaceutical Sales Representative (PC2) (Former Employee) –  Durham, NCApril 13, 2018
The company does a nice job of communicating with employees and rehiring employees who have been displaced. The management was supportive and helpful.
Sales Representative
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  New JerseyApril 9, 2018
I enjoyed being part of Quintiles. It is a great way to prove yourself on a contract and to be hired directly by a corporation. I would recommend working for them in order to get into the industry or if you find yourself in between organzations
Quintiles Was Ok
Site Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Morrisville, NCMarch 21, 2018
The company is only as good as the people and management. There was prejudice at Quintiles when I was there and probably still is. The management seem to base hiring on who they like and not if the employee was qualified for the job. They had a buddy, buddy system..You had to be in the click.
Pros
Good Cafe
Cons
Environment Not Friendly
Its fine, I guess.
RSU Specialist (Current Employee) –  RemoteMarch 21, 2018
If you are familiar with clinical research work environment, IQVIA is fairly standard. This year they cut WAY back on salary and I am underpaid in the industry. The structure is rigid and does not adapt readily. Flexible work environment and not micromanaged.
Great
District Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 14, 2018
I had a great time working there. They provide a work environment that allows you to develop at your own pace and direction. They provide development tools and courses to strengthen core competencies.
Clinical Trials Asociate
Clinical Trial Assistant (Current Employee) –  Overland Park, KSMarch 13, 2018
Heavy workload with little consideration or recommendation for advancement.

This environment promotes popularity over performance, metrics do not give clear indication of workload.
Pros
Work Schedule Flexibility
Cons
Lack of advancement recommendations
productive and fast paced environment of selling
Pharmaceutical Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAMarch 11, 2018
Fast paced and productive environment of selling and managing territory. exceed sales quota and increased market share. typical day was promoting Eli Lilly products to primary care physicians.
Diverse and comprehensive learning and sales experience
SPECIALTY SALES REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Bridgewater, NJMarch 9, 2018
Overall, my experience allowed me to enhance my sales and communicative skills. The several positions I had increases my knowledge of disease states and geography that included various specialists and hospital layouts and formulary protocols. Management was always supportive and provided the leadership required to manage my territory. While the culture consistently changed because the contractual agreements were always being renewed the culture was always made very clear to the sales staff.
Pros
Ongoing product education
Cons
Constant contract and product portfolio changes
Supportive and fun place to work
Pharmaceutical Sales Specialist (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHMarch 5, 2018
I had a great time working for Quintiles. My manager was understanding, patient, and thoughtful while able to coach me in career performance.
Communication was clear, accurate and concise. The hardest part of the job was not with Quintiles, but the confusion of the contract I was put on, but that is not Quintiles fault. The best part of the job was being in an environment in which I was supported, respected and rewarded for my work.
Pros
Great support
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at QuintilesIMS. Our community is ready to answer.

Diversity score

65out of 100

The Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at QuintilesIMS.

Powered by Comparably