Quiznos Employee Reviews

beginners job
Sandwich Maker (Former Employee) –  Petoskey, MIApril 19, 2018
this job was definitely a high school job. management was laid back if you were doing your job. hardest part of the day was at lunch time, or if customers didn't get what they wanted.
Pros
discount lunches
Cons
no paid time off, not enough hours
Good first job
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Thornton, COApril 15, 2018
This was my first job in high school. Good attitude and great management. Pay was low but the place is family owned. Would recommend for a starter job.
Pros
Great skills development job
Cons
Low paying
Fast-paced job
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Kearney, NEApril 14, 2018
The owners of the place are nice. It's a good part-time job for anyone who is a student or needing some extra work hours on the weekend. They were prwtty good about working around my schedule.
Your have to be quick on your feet
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDApril 14, 2018
The last people that owned the quiznos I worked for it just wasn't pleasant due to the employees they hired. Which made it hard when it's left up to just one person .
Pros
free lunch, set schedule
Cons
no healthcare
Fun place to work
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIApril 10, 2018
Fun place to work. People were nice. Customers were nice. Management was nice. Pay was good. It was my first manager position. Food was good. Got to meet a lot of people.
Pros
Cons
Hot in there
Execs & Mgt effort is great but big holes to fill.
Marketing Manger (Current Employee) –  Denver, COApril 9, 2018
Great place to work. Tons of benefits. Good management but franchise program lacking. Store closures too frequent for way too many years that has really hurt future.
Pros
Sales slightly advancing but not nearly enough to spark real growth
Cons
Franchise Owners
okay
Fruita - Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Fruita, COApril 9, 2018
It was okay. good management i guess but i didn't really invest much into the job as i was only there for 3 months and i knew that beforehand also i'm not capitalizing my i's but i don't really care enough about this review to do that.
Did food prep
Food Prep (Former Employee) –  Rotterdam, NYApril 7, 2018
It was a job at the time it’s good if you are younger trying to save up for your first car other then that nothing that you would like to make a career over
Pros
Hours were great
Cons
Pay sucks
Poor management
Shift Leader (Former Employee) –  Sierra Vista, AZApril 7, 2018
The manager chosen completely ran this place into the ground. I helped open the location and we were #1 for months. 3 short years later the location was completely closed. She was awful. The crew consisted of her, her husband, her daughter, her daughters boyfriend and a few other employees. This situation was obviously very hostile and drama filled. Even after a promotion the pay was horrid and not worth what I was exposed to daily.
Cons
Management, Pay
terrible job, great coworkers
Night Team Leader (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAApril 6, 2018
Cant be too excited to make sandwiches, but if you have good coworkers then it can at least be somewhat fun. Food is pretty fresh from what i could tell, fresh cut meat and veggies everyday. Sanitation was good, spot doesn't exist tho anymore.
Pros
Co workers, close to home
Cons
Closed, management changed
Very fun place to work. I had hired a competent crew and we were one of the top stores in the company
Owner/operator (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COApril 4, 2018
The hours were long as an owner/operator but it was well worthwhile. I always had two day off and plenty of vacation time. I had hired a well-trained crew and our service and food was outstanding.
It was a fun environment to work at
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Manchester, CTApril 3, 2018
I learned a lot from working at Quiznos. It had the best owner. I was able to grow from cook/cashier to store manager. I really enjoyed the responsibilities that come with being the store manager.
Good work environment
Team member (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLApril 3, 2018
This was one of the best jobs I've had I loved making the food and greeting the customer.
There wasn't really any hard times only times would be when the place would get packed but it was never nothing we couldn't handle
it was OK, it's a job.
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Yakima, WAApril 3, 2018
The people were nice but there was no real advancement opportunity and they don't want to pay benefits of any kind, or any kind of overtime. No paid vacation, no paid sick days. The work environment was usually chill but sometimes fast paced and could become hostile feeling when people are under pressure. 50% off food, free food for managers. It's a job.
Pros
good food and nice co workers
Cons
everything else
Fun
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, ILMarch 22, 2018
After a horrible first job experience my second job was the complete opposite. I did a ton around the store to help out. I helped with inventory and much more at night. Was bummed it went out of business.
Good work Environment
Sandwich Maker (Former Employee) –  Camp Verde, AZMarch 22, 2018
Work environment was always clean. Staff and coworkers always helpful. Training was hands on and easy to comprehend. Was fast paced during meal times.
Very terrible place to work
Sandwich Artist (Former Employee) –  Daniel Island, SCMarch 22, 2018
The pay was bare minimum they didn’t have a lot of people working for them but I still didn’t get a lot of hours which I asked for, and the food wasn’t very good at all
Cons
Had to pay for meal
Management Issues and Tip stealing!
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVMarch 21, 2018
Poor management-would often be left alone to run the shop while i was 16. Handled most or all of the tasks and other co-workers would slack or sit around. Tips at the end of the day wpuld NOT be split up. By the end of your two weeks you had $5.00 in tips.. When I would count the tips and there was a substantial amount EVERY day. Manager would also follow me around while i worked and watch me bend over/say crude things about my appearance.
Pros
50% Discount
Cons
Harassment, Tip Stealing, Poor wages
closed
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Burke, VAMarch 20, 2018
This company went bankrupt a few years ago and all of the stores are closed down or about to close. The head of the company was not allowing to many changes.
Excellent food and customers
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Oregon City, ORMarch 20, 2018
I worked for two separate Quizznos and both went out of business during my employment. Poor upper management at the corporate level. Both stores had trouble with keeping stock on hand due to financial hardship. Did not have any support from corporate as they seemed to take th position of law enforcement rather than support