Quontic Bank

Working at Quontic Bank: 31 Reviews

United States31 reviews

You get what you put in

As a loan setup coordinator, you get what you put in. Sometimes, the pipeline workload is insane but they insist that it must be worked on within 24-72 hours, and can sometimes lead to 10hrs a day.

Pros

Coworkers are supportive

Cons

Bad work life balance, crazy workload once you get used to the job

Not bad

Quontic culture is great, they are here to help you succeed, if you put in the hard work you will be rewarded. Everyone is here to help each other out

Quontic Bank insights

What people like
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Fair pay for job
Areas for improvement
  • Overall satisfaction

Good start, manager eventually was terrible

Everything started great at Quontic, but once they see you are responsible they give you more to do without proper compensation if you are support staff. I was doing the job of three people, but because I didn’t earn money as a loan officer, they really didn’t care. As an hourly employee, my boss was still calling me off the clock to do things; and when we worked from home during the pandemic, it was worse. On the phones things were always terrible because departments wouldn’t answer calls we had to transfer them; which meant customers would call back and yell at you no matter how hard you tried to help them.

Pros

Some times Free lunch, good paternity/maternity leave

Cons

Manager didn’t like when we needed to take days off/made it hard.

Frequent management changes

Confused to say the least . A mortgage house trying hard to be a retail bank. A lot ofLiquidity issues with frequent sale of assets on their books . I wish them all the best

Pros

Easy access to seniors

Cons

It is a mortgage house

Great work environment

Good management. My manager was nice and took care of the team all the time. I was able to learn a lot from my manager. If you want to have a banking experience, this place is good to start.

Pros

Management and job culture

Great people

My team was like a family. They truly helped and supported each other, The camaraderie was different from the rest of the company due to the familiarity amongst ourselves.

Pros

the employees

Cons

parking

Awesome Bank to work for!

I loved my time here! The entire staff had a family friendly vibe. I miss working here. I learned a lot and was tremendously grateful I was able to start my career here

Na

I do not wish to say anything about the company honestly besides. The co-workers are friendly and management are helpful. New management has been introduced as of late.

Productive work place

Quontic bank is a small bank with headquarters in Astoria, NY. It is a great place to work with friendly employees and a great setting for collaboration between team members.

Worst Company I’ve worked for in 25 + years

Management was horrible. Meetings held just so managers could hear themselves talk. Inappropriate personal relationships between managers which enabled ruthless unethical management decisions. Managers were the most arrogant I’ve ever encountered! Do not think twice on this garbage company.

Pros

I am no longer there

Cons

Endless

Stressful Sale but Fun, Quick-paced, and lucrative career with advancement opportunity

Sales isn't for everyone, but Quontic Bank puts a ton of effort into developing their sales staff. The environment and the people make going to work exciting. We have a ton of fun and everyone is pretty tight knit. The amount of support we have is crazy good unlike any place i've ever worked. Truly care about the employees. Honestly, the mortgage industry is stressful, but the gratification when closing occurs is incredible. It may take a while to start making money, like 3 or 4 months, but the money is good! Way better than other similar sales roles.

Pros

environment, culture, people, money, opportunity

Cons

stressful, takes a while to start making money

Amazing Culture

As a whole Quontic Bank offers one of the best cultures you will find anywhere. Everyone is having fun and making money. It is a look good/ feel good environment focusing on providing financial solutions and client relationships. I wake up every single day with the desire to better myself personally and professionally. Quontic Bank offers me this opportunity!

fast paced bank

This is a great product for seniors. the environment is fun and fast paced. We have fun but work hard. If you are really good you can make amaizing money.

Pros

fun environment

Cons

competitive industry

Never would recommend

While the work we do is important and beneficial to our clients, management only cares about the money they are making. This is a complete what have you done for me lately work environment.

Pros

Helping people

Cons

Stress, lack of quality leads, management

Appeared to be a great place to work

The kicker is no advance warnings for a termination. Close to doubling matrix required. Couldn't forced people to sign docs remotely. Pitching the product by some other personality failed me since the prospect trusted me on the front side of the sale. Be on guard always for you will never know when the hatched will strike. Every week 2-3 people are rotated out of there. Longest tenure couple people 14 months. The rest being let go 3 weeks 1 month 3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10 etc. Please know great guys and gals BUT know this the ax is not to far from terminating you for who knows what.

The path of the Bank

The path of the bank should always be followed by management, lead by example. One day the initiative is one and the next day is something else. Professionalism should be number one and is not.

Pros

Small Community Bank

Cons

They say they can and they can't

Low level environment to work for

The culture within the office was very selfish and only catered to the certain individuals that had favoritism from management. Not an easy place to work for however I was still able to complete my daily task.

Pros

Commission structure

No Sales Job Is Better

Best place I have ever had the pleasure to work. Everyone there is family. You're not just a number there. Every manager there has their own style, and all are more than happy to help wherever it's necessary. They will help you perfect your craft if you're willing to put in the work and if you don't give up on them, they won't give up on you. Truly is the best place to work in Indianapolis/ Carmel area.

Pros

Positivity, Fun games and a great management team to lead you to success.

Cons

Couldnt tell you a single thing wrong with this place.

Teamwork makes Dreamwork

The office culture is definitely worth bragging about. I enjoy the competitive but collaborative environment. The job is challenging which is ultimately what i enjoy about it. You ultimately are accountable for your own day to day operations seeking new business. Ultimately the customers are our centric focus. The most enjoyable aspect is helping them reach their financial goals and earning a friendship with one another. Don’t apply if you have a desire to avoid dealing with rejection - it comes with the territory of sales. Definitely has the potential for a six-figure income if you are a hustler.

Pros

Office mojo, training program, team building exercises, occasional beer cart, leadership, benefits, culture

Cons

40 hours of grinding can be exhausting

Terrible place to work

Terrible, high stress environment. Team leads act like they are there to help, and then trying to track one down to help is near impossible. You are expected to only work 40 hours and if you don't have what they want you to have for proposals you are expected to clock out and continue working. For every 10 loans you submit expect at least 7 to never close. Turn over rate is high. Leads are old. I have worked there over 8 months and have seen at least 30 people start and quit.

Pros

Single location community bank stressing lending..

As a community bank with a fairly small employee count, the days were busy but interesting. The Mortgage department was the larger part of the bank. I worked in bank operations.I learned how a bank actually operates including platform support, bank card administration, generating daily reports, supporting accounting and compliance as well as wire room management. The working culture was dynamic. Personally, I found the commute the most difficult part of my day. The most enjoyable part was working with fine management and with cooperative fellow employees. The Astoria location was also very enjoyable.

Pros

Good support, employees and training. The occasional free meals and company functions also good.

Cons

HR did not handle workers comp claim as well as they could.

Common questions about Quontic Bank

Answered by current and former employees at Quontic Bank

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Quontic Bank. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.6 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Ratings from women

2.9
InHerSight Score
2.6Personal Development
3.1Career Opportunities
2.7Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight