QVC
Happiness rating is 59 out of 100

QVC Employee Reviews

Found 1,500 reviews matching the search
The training was not great. You are completely unprepared. Two weeks into working there I was thrown into customer service because they were shorthanded and I was not prepared or training except for two hours during my shift on a conference call. Very little is ever explained to you and when you ask it seems like you are a bother. The management is rude and unhelpful. The system they use for WFH is unrelaible and difficult to use. IT is no help. I had to work for over a week shouting in the phone because my phone wasn't working properly until IT finally got back to me and fixed the issue. I had called three times at least. Their scheduling system is almost unusable and the app is worse. You are expected to jump right into calls when you log on. No prep for the day, no ideas about sales for the day or any issues they're having. You just have to jump in and figure it out as you go along.
Pros
flexible scheduling
Cons
lack of training and support
This company is one of the best I have worked for. If it wasn’t for me going to school I would have stayed here. Overall the atmosphere is great I really recommend working for QVC.
Customer Service Rep( Former)Was ok until we went Remote due to Covid. Then people were quitting right and left ,and there wasn't enough help. Customer calls were bk to bk to bk. Insane expectations by mgtmnt of AHT to be 120sec.( which is impossible)! Because by the time a customer got through,they had 6 or 7 issues for you to fix,so the average call took 20-30 mins to complete! Supervisors were NEVER accessible when you ran into a problem! Always," in a meeting"! ( yeah,right)!Forget about requ a day off! It is always denied! If you call in ,( cause you can't get a day off request approved), you get written up,reprimanded ,or given points! This company does not care about its customers or its employees! It cares about one thing only! The Almighty Dollar! One day,I just decided I had enough,and called in and QUIT! Best thing I ever did!
Pros
Discount on merchandise, some nice customers
Cons
Mgtmnt stinks, unrealistic AHT, days off not approved, not enough help
This place can be summed up as a morale killer. Majority of the employees have the same complaints that are simply overlooked by the higher ups. All they care about is making numbers but to do so they push OT on departments that completely do not need it so that they can move them to other departments except their own to do their work because they can’t hold down employees. The turnover rate is the worst of any place I’ve been including management. Low morale and minimal freedoms make QVC quite painful to work at.
Pros
Somewhat fair pay
Cons
Point you for callouts w/ minimal pto, No room for advancement, New job listings don’t consider current employees first, Unnecessary mandatory OT, Cant even have cellphones to listen to music, No sick time you have to use pto, Disconnected higher ups
There are coworkers who know how to put you in a good place when you're feeling down. Their sense of humor and kind words go . Its great to know your peers care more about you than Management does.
Pros
Employee discounts
Cons
Disrespectful Leaders and Ma
Would you recommend working at your company?
Help people considering your employer make a good choice.
Pretty good place to work at. Customers are interesting but the team is really good and they make sure their employees are mostly taken care of which is nice to see.
Job is easy. The bad part is there's no communication and they will find a way to mess up.your paycheck. Management is terrible can never get answers and if u do it call this number for no one to answer, leave a message for no return call. They don't really take care of employees.
Pros
Easy to meet requirements
Cons
Management, communication
Working at home is convenient, however Qvc use to really care about their employees they have become like other companies number based and the employees are just there, the pay works like this once you get to 16.25 you get a lump.sum each year which is taxed and it's not enough at all. Most of the SUPERVISORS are helpful . There is constant change everyday . It's a good part time or in between job. Would not recommend staying to long.
The training was awful. None of the instructors knew what they were doing. We spent most of the day waiting for the instructors to figure out how to fix technical issues. No one could get the software to connect with the headsets. While watching the training videos you can hear everyone in class asking questions over your headset. This makes it impossible to hear the video. One third of the class quit on the second day of training. It’s the worst training I’ve ever experienced in my life.
Pros
Cons
Horrible training.
If you decide to go for this job prepare to have a mental breakdown in the next couple of months there is zero work life balance, poor pay and you get yelled at for eight hours a day with no support.
This is the worst company I have ever worked for. I have 8 years of experience and they started me at the lowest wage. The managers are not helpful at all. And the customers are the rudest people I have ever spoke with. If you want a job where you get blamed for things you didn’t do and get yelled at with every call then you’ll like this job. But I highly doubt that. The managers don’t care about you and you take calls back to back with no room to recoup after a bad call. All the customers complain with every call about how awful the company is.
Pros
3 breaks
Cons
Pay sucks, customers are rude, and management doesn’t care
Great company but they are shutting facility and move to larger more efficient facilty out of the area. New facility is located northeast Pennsylvania
Pros
Flexible part time schedule blocks
Cons
Moving facility
The position I had was the 25 hour order services. You could make your own schedule and even work in 30 minute gaps however they had 25 hours for each employee and you had a schedule bid that every has to do a mad dash for on the same day at a certain time. If you missed this time you had to HOPE there were hours left and usually it was only 3am to 5am left. If you didn't get any hours you were penalized with points and would get fired. The point system does not work with the lack of hours they have available. Also the job is just older people yelling or talking your ear off. You had time criteria for each calls but couldn't hang up. You also have to do fancy worded upsales. Low pay!!!
Pros
Discount, flexible
Cons
Low pay, point system, shift bid
Horrible, abusive customers that management just tells you that you just need to deal with it. This job will deteriorate your mental health. Working here was the most demoralizing thing I've ever experienced in my life. Nothing you do is ever good enough. Don't walk. Runaway.
Pros
Cons
short breaks, horrible customer and horrible management
Great job, lots of hours....mandatory days, don't really acknowledge holidays...meet lots of nice people..customer can be nasty and demanding...monitored calls
Pros
towop, summers off, benefits, schedule flexibility
Cons
metrics, mandatory days
This company is ok if you want to pick up hours when you can. Everything else sucks here! You reach out to managers for system issues, they talk down and belittle you and treat you like your lying. The managers every time you chat or call in for help, has attitudes in their voices. Their is noone to talk to live for time off, benefits, hr, or payroll questions. You have to send an email and hope for a timely response back. During holidays they entice you with contests to pick up hours, but never announce the winners. So how do you know a contest even existed. If I had a choice, I wouldnt choose to work here again. Take my advice find another job.
Pros
PT pick your own schedules.
Cons
No pto only limited if they choose to give to you, Rude managers
The order entry position is very easy. Each call literally can be as short as 2mins, bc all you’re doing is looking up items by item number and checking out for the customer. Really sweet customers. I wish the pay was more impressive. But overall, good experience while there. Training is self paced and not really instructor led.
Pros
Customers and ease of navigating system.
Cons
Pay
QVC in Bethlehem was a good experience. The pay was some what fair but the management was slacking. But that is because they were too overwhelmed all the time.
Ten hour days are long with back to back phone calls. Many are great but those people who either like to tell you their life story or complain about everything make it drag on. Company cares more about aht than qa. About 200 customers a day is a lot! Technology problems all the time as well! Discount is great!
Pros
Discount, working from home
Cons
Tech issues, long hours, point system, aht
This was absolutely insane. I made it 6 months before I had to walk away. There's no accountability with leadership, rules don't apply to everyone. 10 hour shifts are your only option, being screamed at for 10 hours a day is brutal. The pay is horrible and so were the "benefits".
Pros
remote work
Cons
poor management, zero accountability and follow through
Boring. Stressful. No downtime. Had bad anxiety. Phone rings continuously for your entire shift. No management to help. Customers have no idea what’s going on and the computer system is so slow. Training is boring and terrible. Literally stared at the clock.
Pros
They try to make it ok
Cons
It’s terrible
  1. Employee Reviews