QVC Employee Reviews

Found 1,108 reviews matching the search See all 1,212 reviews
Great People - Retail is Tough
Program Manager (Former Employee) –  West Chester, PAJanuary 15, 2019
The people at QVC are great and willing to go the extra effort in getting things done. Retail is a tough industry and the amount of legacy systems is holding them back. It will continue to be more difficult for them to compete against the retail giants like Amazon.
Pros
Great people
Cons
Legacy systems and overly complex processes
Nice place to work
Manual Packer (Former Employee) –  Suffolk, VAJanuary 14, 2019
QVC is a nice place to work has a nice Pace cafeteria people that are pretty decent to work with and I would recommend other people to work there if they like to stay busy and keep it moving on the job all the management is pretty cool and they lunchroom is nice and big food is pretty good and the price is not that bad so I would recommend anybody to go with the QVC because the job is nice is nice paste and you can learn a lot from it different departments that they send you to
Pros
Pay for your lunch
Cons
Regular breaks
Fun place to work
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Chesapeake, VAJanuary 11, 2019
When call centers take supervisors away from the main floor for meetings, they are affecting time the supervisor can use to motivate his agents. The supervisor should spend the entire call center shift on the floor.(Conceptually, most managers understand this. On a practical basis, supervisors find themselves off the main floor, and in meetings, as much as 80% of their time!)

Meet at least once each week with your team. At a minimum, review the following topics:
Review the past week’s events, including statistics, results and industry news.
Disseminate new product information to the agents.
Discuss a sales theme or point-of-interest topic for the agents.
Introduce new staff members.
Present commendations and awards.
Communicate company information.
Answer questions and comments.
New IT leadership working against culture
IT (Current Employee) –  West Chester, PAJanuary 9, 2019
Exec IT leadership is willing to look forward for technology, but not for thought leadership. While the company grows, the IT future is limited by lack of servant leadership at the exec level.
Aht
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJanuary 6, 2019
It's hard to provide excellent customer service when you have a time limit. Most customers are elderly and can't be rushed .
Their idea of excellent customer service is a not important to them but the money customers spend is.
overall great place to work
Security Coordinator/ Trainer (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, PAJanuary 5, 2019
Most jobs are physically demanding
10 hr days for most positions
4 day work week for most positions
Room for growth in most positions
Hardest part of the day is check outs; getting your bag searched and going through a metal detector every time you leave the warehouse.
team focused
management is reasonable
Pros
PTO 15min incriments, tv, pool table, bbqs, candy, gifts, video games, cafe
Cons
NO smoking facility. No room for growth in security.
a day at work
Returns Processor (Current Employee) –  Rocky Mount, NCJanuary 3, 2019
they typical work day consists of scanning many items so that customers can get their refunds for products. the management is very nice and very helpful.
Pros
lunch
Cons
short breaks
A Good Place to Start
Order Entry Clerk (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJanuary 1, 2019
I liked working here. Sometimes however, I just feel like a number. The customers are the worst part of the job, but the goals of the company don't put that into consideration. It is a highly stressful job sometimes, where I feel like they just care about results and not their employees. I work perform extremely well, but my pay rate doesn't reflect that. I feel like they care more about your seniority date than your performance when taking that into consideration. They claim to have flexible hours, but the desirable one are usually taken and you will be stuck working a lot of weekend or graveyard shifts.
Pros
Chairs with armrests, clean bathrooms, nice security desk people, A Christmas Tree during Holidays, Employee Discount
Cons
Customers are mean, Management only cares about results
my experience
Warehouse Clerk (Former Employee) –  Florence, SCDecember 28, 2018
I worked at QVC through a temp service. I enjoyed it. They have a cafeteria upstairs that prepares breakfast and lunch for a very low cost. Your going to work hard of course but your going to have fun while doing so.
Pros
good food
Cons
early out when the freight is low
n/a
n/a (Current Employee) –  Lancaster, PADecember 26, 2018
While the company as a whole is pretty good the management at my warehouse were not good. They did not care very much for the employee only the numbers
Fun place to work talking with customers and placing orders
Order Entry Clerk (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXDecember 20, 2018
Low paying job upper management very greedy and very stressful with point system. You are punished for coming back from your break or lunch one second late. This is a multi million dollar company and only paying $10.50/hr. Managers are there only for their paycheck. Will never work there again. The only thing I enjoyed at QVC was talking with customers.
Pros
Talking with customers
Cons
Poor management
Productive and chill place to work
Stocking Agent (Former Employee) –  Rocky Mount, NCDecember 19, 2018
When I first started at Qvc I was hesitant about the job. I went to work everyday did my job like I was suppose to. The job has started to get easy and chill then suddenly they started laying ppl off
Enjoyed working mostly independent of others
Warehouse Operator (Former Employee) –  Rocky Mount, NCDecember 17, 2018
Day starts with an employee meeting to lay out tasks for the day, instructions for completing tasks, and to inform employees of work load and goals for the day.
Pros
Excellent facilities
Cons
N/a
Company is not what they say at warehouse level
Picker (Former Employee) –  Suffolk, VADecember 13, 2018
Qvc as whole is a good company. At the warehouse is a different story , managers and supervisors are a joke. They only watch your production via computer and make judgemental decisions based on a flawed system . Orders are never 100% so customers are delayed. Most supervise people who have never did your job let alone know how tired u may be age and physical fitness plays a big part it's a revolving door of politics, and favoritism
Pros
Benefits if you get Fulltime
Cons
Favortism
Was a good learning experience
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXDecember 11, 2018
This place was a good place to learn about a call center. This was so long ago . This was not a bad place to work. It was pretty simple. I would recommend qvc.
Its okay
Packer/Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Suffolk, VADecember 11, 2018
I was just there for seanoal and it wasnt that bad. I dont like how you have to leave your phone in the car for over in 8hr shift. They really dont hire seaonal workers.
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Port Saint Lucie, FLDecember 8, 2018
I would love going to work, the employees were always happy, it was a great place to work we worked two different positions when ever they needed us we would go from phones to emails.
Pros
Clean place to work
Cons
short breaks
A cloud of negativity
Email Designer (Current Employee) –  West Chester, PADecember 6, 2018
Qvc makes you feel like you have a lot of decision making ability, SME capabilities and advancement opportunities. However, someone has to leave or die for anyone else to get promoted, there is constant thrash coming from leaders trying to react to other retail decisions and competition, and employee moral is the worst it has ever been with no foresight of that being worked on.
Pros
Your immediate coworkers are generally very kind and proactive
Cons
Everything affects the lower level employees when it comes to "cutting costs"
alright
Security Assistant (Former Employee) –  Florence, SCDecember 3, 2018
very quite at time busy only when you have a lot of vehicle enter all at one time. some of the employee were good to work with. the most quite time working is when the building is have less people.
Better than most
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Chesapeake, VADecember 2, 2018
The worst part of the job is the people the call, they work really hard to make it comfortable but sometimes the job itself can be a headache. Just don't let the customers bully you and you wll be fine.
Pros
Towop
Cons
Short breaks

Ask a question about working or interviewing at QVC. Our community is ready to answer.

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at QVC.

Powered by Comparably