QVC

QVC Employee Reviews

United States2,157 reviews

Found 2,157 reviews matching the searchSee all 2,387 reviews

Ok

The job was cool, until the hours stopped. Nobody told us anything. I am very upset the project ended and they have not told us. It was cool until it stopped.

Pros

Good project

Cons

No communication

Fun working there

They always wanna let you learn what you can and Supervisor all great I work there 12 years and don’t regret one minute of it wish they didn’t have to close us down..I’m happy for the opportunity to work with amazing people.

QVC insights

Based on 1,437 survey responses
What people like
  • Ability to meet personal goals
Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • Trust in colleagues
  • General feeling of work happiness

Currently in Training

Training has been good, been put on calls after week 1. Trainers are great but the learning of procedures is very intensive. System glitches often, hopefully will be resolved after training.

Toxic environment

Managers need to take management 101. Shorter breaks, not a good place to work, and they don’t communicate at all. We have one day off, making us work on a mandatory day.

Not enough time in the day to learn all the workings of this job. Like pouring a quart of milk into an 8 ounce glass.

Work from home type of job in customer service. Training is not good. Software staggers and fails a lot of the time. They cram too much into our brain in too little time and we can't study after the 8 hours of training is over so next day, I have forgotten things.

Pros

Work from home. Don't know what time frame after training that they will assign me.

Cons

Sell, sell, sell and fix errors, programs freeze, screen shots of retail forms are fuzzy, cause eye strain.

Disorganized

It’s very easy work for an hourly as there is 0 accountability for anything but attendance, but they aren’t good at forecasting or supporting management

Good pay and benefits, but management needs help

I love all my friends and the work. It’s super easy. But it is also draining mentally and physically. Management doesn’t know anything! Blue vests are more helpful. Expect to randomly get called out because you weren’t working-due to a bathroom break and/or a bad day because they think you chose not to work. Granted there are lazy people who don’t-but they never get in trouble. Also expect to get in trouble for something literally everybody else does and you being the only one getting written up. They don’t train you to use the right equipment-you train with a scanner they don’t want you to use permanently. It takes a long time to get things handled when something goes wrong-which it will eventually-people like to steal in this place-and doesn’t even get handled correctly and I months later have not gotten the important item back and had to spend 300$ for a new one. I only cannot quit because I need the job at the moment, but they might let me go due to any of those reasons I listed-because they’ve done it before to people I met there. Good money. But apply at your own risk. No interviews. They’ll take anyone-so they offer The day off when there’s too many people taking it. Especially in bin-it sounds nice in the beginning. But your paycheck will suffer and it won’t feel like a full time job. They expect the most and do not make it easier. Breaks are now shorter because they want us back at our station on the dot! And this warehouse is huge! So people have a long walk to the metal detector-which is also terrible because it lights up at random-I walk in with my gloves and get -

Where do I start.

I loved my job at first but now I’m so worn out from it and I’ve been with the company for less than a year. The calls are moderate most days. With some days being extra busy and other days being super slow. They offer TOWOP for the days that are slow and you can attempt to shorten your shift to reduce the surplus of hours scheduled. I never have tried for TOWOP but I’ve heard it’s nearly impossible to get when it is offered. The customers are usually older and they get super confused and agitated with how Qvc does things , and rightfully so. The system is always crashing so we’re not able to send return labels or a replacement it “sent out” but technically it never sends. And with the return label , they decided to go green and stopped putting them in with packages in hopes that people will print them or call us and we send them out in the mail which is beyond ridiculous. Our customers typically don’t use computers and why should they have to wait on something when it can just come with their packages? Attempts to cut corners for the almighty dollar , of course. I can’t speak for all managers but mine is the absolute worst manger I’ve ever come across , I keep conversation and questions to a minimum. I just don’t feel like I’m apart of a team there and my manager doesn’t really make the effort to make everyone feel like that nor does he/she try to make that connection with us. Lastly , with their practices and the way they do things and seeing it from the back end , I would never become a customer of theirs. System glitches , delays .. absolutely not. And they will -

Organized

Very organized. Management communicated well. I stayed until they closed our plant in Lancaster, PA. Job descriptions are used that are actual written documents that you can use to learn your position

Pros

good health care, employee recognition events

Cons

numbers are mostly all they look at

Great place to learn

Good place to grow and learn new skills with friendly people and management along the way. Always new projects and work that can be done for those inclined to continue learning.

Okay job but need to lot of patience

Training was phenomenal. Had great trainers. Start taking calls around 3rd of training. Customers sometimes can be very rude and nasty to you. Systems are slow and shut down while you on call. This job can be stressful. Only benefit is PTO, Pay is good, and there is always help when you need it.

Uncomfortable Work Environment

The pay and flexibility was great but not everyone wanted me there. I felt uncomfortable and stressed out most of the time. The people I needed assistance from gave me a hard time because they didn't like that I was hired for my position.

Too much drama!!

Yes it is hot and it is long hours on our shift but it would be better if A. more people actually did the work they where hired for, B. People who are NOT management stayed out of others business, other’s work stations and others stuff. C. If they would actually enforce the rules they “constantly” mention to us at every meeting, instead of letting stuff slide.Finally and I feel the most important is none should feel as if any workplace is threatening, where everything has to erupt in a screaming match or worse a physical altercation. Which most of these disagreements are because of stupid rumors or favoritism from people who currently work there. Most companies I know would have the instigators of any fight thrown out immediately. It’s not just effecting the people involved but everyone who has to work around this. We ALL feel this negative energy within our shift. It makes a lot of us not want to show up or do the bare minimum because we feel that no one cares anyway.

Pros

Great pay and good management

Cons

Drama, hot in warehouse and favoritism

Good job

Stayed there for a few years. Work was relatively easy and repetitive but the customers were nice. Managers were always there to help with any questions or concerns.

Simple and easy to understand

It was pretty easy to get straight into work after training. It's extremely repetitive, but I didn't have to worry about difficult processes. Management was also really lenient with me whenever I was not reaching the minimum units per hour.

Pros

Long breaks, cafeteria, simple work

Cons

Long shifts, mandatory work days

Still in training

I'm still in the initial training period. There's a lot to learn and the training is very boring, but it gets better as you start taking phone calls. My paychecks have not gotten to me on payday so far. They've said it's because they switched to a new system, so hopefully it won't be a constant problem, but it feels bad to keep checking my mailbox for a check days after I was supposed to be paid, when I initially signed up for direct deposit.

Some people was nice

This environment is not for young adults the job system was built to pressure the youths the kids who worked here can’t grow because of how management see them. They don’t want to see the future grow they wanna be the future. Poor working system

not too bad

i like it, not a bad experience just a little tiring the management isn’t bad either. it’s a perfect first job for someone just looking for a nice check, as far as HR, they’re not the best but yeah

No help after training, not really told the whole story during interview and training

Training is chaotic and rushed. They fail to tell you there are mandatory days and you have to push cheap items (up-sales) to old ladies. The system to book your hours is about the worst system I have ever used. Supervisor could not answer a simply question and was rarely available.

It’s alright

I’m currently a worker at qvc and the training is rushed and expected to know how to do 100 diff things within a week. You will never have a break from calls since the next one comes right in once you end a call. Benefits are great!

Easy going and dedicated workforce

A typical day is coming in meeting with your Area mangers for your daily assignments. Following the shift introductions you will enter the Warehouse to your assigned work stations and break down and ship out products and customers orders in a timely manner. Along each department surround you is functionsing like a heart system with pickers to packers and shipping to mail trucks waiting to receive the finished product. The breaks are fair as in 15 min for twice a shift and 45 min lunches. There is unit per hour goal, but it can vary depending on the amount and type of work that is collected throughout the shift. The managers are fair, but are on the lookout for those that slack off and fall behind in production and are not self motivated to find addition work when there is down time. They offer chances or bids to move to different department wise with only two tiers in pay based on amount of time with the company.

Pros

Free access to vending machines for PPE. Holiday gift bags and comp of pay.

Cons

Rewards are given in the form vouchers to purchase company branded mech. Given to select few.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at QVC. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.6 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Women's ratings

2.7Fairygodboss Score

0%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

33%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by  Fairygodboss