R+L Carriers Employee Reviews

Great place to work!
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, OHOctober 16, 2018
This company is amazing to work for. Bonuses and prizes and constant giveaways. Awesome events. Overall just a great place to be. They really care about their employees.
Great company to work for!
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZOctober 16, 2018
I have been a call center rep for this company for many years! There is room for advancement if you put forth the effort and are willing to work for it! Advancement may require you to move but that is never a bad thing.

Management is great you just need to keep them informed and not wait until the last minute and expect they can get done what ever you are requesting. The company has set policies their management has to follow and managers can only do so much to work with you! YOU are who needs to put forth the effort and show this job matters to YOU! I have worked for them for many years and work everyday to make sure my manager knows i appreciate my job within this company.
Run Away
Operations Management Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLOctober 12, 2018
Run by relations to the founder of the company. Extremely unprofessional. Management plays head games with the staff. Not well organized and people are treated poorly.
Cons
It's a great place to work part time if you like loading and unloading trucks.
Loader/Unloader (Former Employee) –  Ellenwood, GAOctober 4, 2018
Working here isn't too bad. You get a raise every year but this for the most part is nothing more than a part time gig. Most of the employees there work part-time, six hours or less per day but there are a few full time positions available for loaders, supervisors and o.s.d. clerks to name a few.
Pros
Great flexible hours for part time positions.
Cons
I thought it was a pretty cool job but I didn't want to go full time for this in particular company.
Fast paced
Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee) –  Sauget, ILOctober 3, 2018
No chance at moving forward. Refused my yearly raises, scheduled enough hours to not label me full time I worked 7 hrs per day 5 days a week. No benefits
Exciting, fast pace, aggressive, complete, room to grow
Service Center Manager (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORSeptember 29, 2018
If you're honest and willing to work hard this is a great company to work for. If you're not, do RLC a favor and apply somewhere else. RLC treats their employee's like family and they are willing and eager to help you grow in life and within the company. Work hard, nose to the grindstone, mind your own business, you'll go far, but if not, you'll be made available to the industry.
Pros
Family first attitude, great pay, care about their employee's
Cons
Seems to have a bad reputation from former disgruntled employee's
very laid back workers and management
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 24, 2018
Good energy fun co workers fast pace work just never a dull moment on the docks. Everybody doing there job everyone is very helpful if you need a hand all you have to do is ask.
productive and safe envioment
LOADER-PROPANE FORKLIFT OPERATOR (Former Employee) –  Ellenwood, GASeptember 18, 2018
The job performance were there were safe and a productive manner.A very good work environment work with staff,supervisor and other member with the company.Having a lot of job tasks,working safely&following regulationsand all the guidelines brings out a more of accomplishment among the day.
Pros
work at all times
Cons
constant work schelude
A lot of different job dutys
class AX mechanic,wrecker operater , truck driver (Former Employee) –  Norwalk, OH 44857September 9, 2018
Started as class A trailer mechanic. After a year went to class AX diesel truck mechanic, wrecker operator and truck driver. Drove trucks and equipment out to CA too open new terminals. I was pretty much done when they gave a new hire shift supervise position.
Pros
very good money
Cons
out in the cold too much
Forklift operator (Former Employee) –  China Grove, NC 28023September 5, 2018
I liked working for R&L Carriers it’s a good company that paid very well the work was good really fast paste but I love to stay busy so it was perfect for me I always looked forward to going to work.
Pros
Great environment
Cons
No paid break
Company does not put their employees first
Billing Clerk (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZSeptember 5, 2018
As far as the description of my job, I enjoyed it. When it came to management and the caliber of my co-workers, it was severely lacking. No communication, no chance for advancement, or raise in pay.
Bad Job
Appointment Clerk (Former Employee) –  Houston TxSeptember 5, 2018
I would not recommend anyone to work at RL Carriers. The pay rate sucks. They do not know how to treat employees. The drivers are disrespectful. If they haven't changed their policies I would not recommend anyone to work there!
great career opportunity
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  New Castle, INSeptember 4, 2018
Fast pace loading and unloading freight. laser scan through microsoft. great management. nothing hard about job. fast pace and great team effort. was a very fast paced job with a team effort to get the hot freight loaded and unloaded for deadlines. Extreme eye to hand coordination needed to handle expensive and explosive materials. was great working with so many other hard working professionals that took pride in being one of the best docks in the buisness. Have a rehire there at any time
Pros
great team and management
A great place to work!
Human Resources Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, OHAugust 29, 2018
I loved working here. The management treats the employees like family. There are tons of extra perks when working here. Pay is very competitive, hours are great, and benefits are very good.
Good Company
Dock Manager/Yard Hostler (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FL 32220August 28, 2018
Solid company to work for. Secure and growing. Keeps benefits prices low as possible. They ship anything anywhere. The private employee resorts are the best benefit.
Back stabbing at it's best
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Ellenwood, GAAugust 21, 2018
I drove for r&l for about 3 years and it was awful! Dispatch has no respect for the drivers and would hang up the phone on you while you would be talking to them trying to resolve a problem. I've never had a company act in the manner this one did when dispatched on a load. They didn't even want the driver to stop and eat or go to the bathroom while enroute! The driver had to drop and hook trailers and set up and break down the double trailers for free and it had to be done SEVERAL times a day. I don't think management knows how much the workers despise them but I saw how things worked and how things were hidden from management.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
do too many "free "things or favors
Productive, fast pace
Dock Worker/Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  China Grove, NCAugust 14, 2018
Seems like a good place to work . No real training, you ask where to put something they tell you to put it on the truck which is full then they drive off . Need to train people properly. And for that reason I fill it’s cut throat job . I’m working there now but worried it want last due to this . This is my first day and I was not being trained properly and was being cussed at for not doing something that I was trying to learn myself.
Pros
Pay, time
Cons
No Real Training
very helpful, posit attitude
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOAugust 13, 2018
A typical day of work is to come in, and start answering phones. I help set appointments for shipments of all kinds. I also enter Driver Tracking Reports, also take pick up calls. The most enjoyable part of my job are the people I work with, and the challenges this job brings.
Pros
worked around my daughters school
Great place to work. Just want to be home daily now. Great supervisors
Driver (Current Employee) –  Wallingford, CTAugust 12, 2018
Great place to work. Supervisors were very helpful, professional and caring. Love to team driving for seven years… But would prefer to be home daily now.
Pros
Free use of hotels on vacation
Cons
Fast paced... little time for exercise and tough to eat healthy. No daily home time
slow past
Truck Driver Class A (Current Employee) –  Burlington, NJAugust 11, 2018
the job paid well but poor management!!!!! Too much errors with paper work, lack of information as far as pickups a deliveries go. They don't too care about driver safety too much.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at R+L Carriers. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.0InHerSight Score

1.7Personal Development

2.6Career Opportunities

1.9Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight