R+L Carriers Employee Reviews

Great company to work for!
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZOctober 16, 2018
I have been a call center rep for this company for many years! There is room for advancement if you put forth the effort and are willing to work for it! Advancement may require you to move but that is never a bad thing.

Management is great you just need to keep them informed and not wait until the last minute and expect they can get done what ever you are requesting. The company has set policies their management has to follow and managers can only do so much to work with you! YOU are who needs to put forth the effort and show this job matters to YOU! I have worked for them for many years and work everyday to make sure my manager knows i appreciate my job within this company.
Cons
Great corporate structure trickles down to each individual Terminal
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Wallingford, CTOctober 22, 2018
You feel a strong Corporate presence in the structure and environment. Everyone there has a job to do and the environment is very professional. Safety and Quality are both expected to be at 100%. Anything less than that is considered a failure. Daily safety meetings and group discussions are high priority for management. Overall it is a great place to work if you like 2nd or 3rd shift. All of the action is at night, Routing, stripping and loading trailers based on the router's manifest etc. If you want to work days here you are working in the corporate offices, a terminal manager, day dispatch, customer service, truck driver or sales. Inbound and Outbound operations is 2nd or 3rd shift.
Pros
Professional, safe environment
Cons
Long hours working 2nd or 3rd shifts
Very sexist company . Terrible managers
N/A (Former Employee) –  Aurora, COJanuary 10, 2019
Managers are sexist towards women employees at this location. Pay with previous expierence is 13.50 at the most . U have to pretty much keep asking for a raise after your probation period. Pretty strict . Employees here buy soap and other hygienic products to clean the bathroom since the terminal manager won’t. Stuff gets stolen . I also heard there are so many complaints about the terminal manager here and HR won’t do anything about it.
Pros
Monday-Friday
Cons
Pay, discrimination, disgusting
Back stabbing at it's best
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Ellenwood, GAAugust 21, 2018
I drove for r&l for about 3 years and it was awful! Dispatch has no respect for the drivers and would hang up the phone on you while you would be talking to them trying to resolve a problem. I've never had a company act in the manner this one did when dispatched on a load. They didn't even want the driver to stop and eat or go to the bathroom while enroute! The driver had to drop and hook trailers and set up and break down the double trailers for free and it had to be done SEVERAL times a day. I don't think management knows how much the workers despise them but I saw how things worked and how things were hidden from management.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
do too many "free "things or favors
Decent place to work
Pickup and Delivery/Line-haul Driver (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, OHJuly 23, 2018
Unless you fall into a set position, you come to work whenever they call. Work was very dependent on the ability to manage time and work hard. Non-union shop so seniority means little except as regarding pay and benefits.
Pros
Competitive wages, good benefits, good equipment
Cons
Advancement is based on who you know
It's a great place to work part time if you like loading and unloading trucks.
Loader/Unloader (Former Employee) –  Ellenwood, GAOctober 4, 2018
Working here isn't too bad. You get a raise every year but this for the most part is nothing more than a part time gig. Most of the employees there work part-time, six hours or less per day but there are a few full time positions available for loaders, supervisors and o.s.d. clerks to name a few.
Pros
Great flexible hours for part time positions.
Cons
I thought it was a pretty cool job but I didn't want to go full time for this in particular company.
R+L Carriers
North Little Rock, Account Executive (Former Employee) –  North Little Rock, ARJanuary 13, 2019
worked for this company over 18 years ago so I would imagine that the working environment, culture, and compensation has changed in that length of time.
Pros
Cons
Compensation
Company does not put their employees first
Billing Clerk (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZSeptember 5, 2018
As far as the description of my job, I enjoyed it. When it came to management and the caliber of my co-workers, it was severely lacking. No communication, no chance for advancement, or raise in pay.
Great company to work for
Rate Clerk/Auditor (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, OHJuly 18, 2018
I have been at R&L for over a year and I greatly love this company. The owners are incredibly kind and caring people. The work is fast paced but very rewarding. Management does a great job at helping both new and veteran workers. Highly recommend this place for work and as a business.
Pros
Great Management, benefits, pay, advancement
A great place to work!
Human Resources Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, OHAugust 29, 2018
I loved working here. The management treats the employees like family. There are tons of extra perks when working here. Pay is very competitive, hours are great, and benefits are very good.

Want to know more about R+L Carriers?

Ask a question
Poor management, No structure, positive workers, good environment
Dock Hand & Reception (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLApril 20, 2018
A typical day at work required us to come in at a designated time, complete morning tasks then wait for customers. The Marina basically ran on improvision and proactivity. None of the workers had a designated task (which was an extreme issue). If you complained to the manager, nothing was done about it. Multiple issues with people slacking off requiring other workers to pick up slack.

I've been a worker for two years and still never recieved a pay raise. A new hiree just got on the team and instantly started making more money than I am. NOT HAPPY.
Pros
Flexible hours, 30% store discount, good environment
Cons
Bad management
Lack of future opportunity
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Canton, MAOctober 10, 2018
I enjoyed working for R+L. Gave lots of autonomy to do your job. They stop giving raises to salespeople because we had opportunities for bonus money. I was fine with that because I was getting paid decent bonus. Then is was reduced.
Pros
Freedom to perform
Cons
Cut bonuses, way to much unnecessary crm
Team Building
OTR Driver, Operation of semi (Current Employee) –  TexasDecember 9, 2018
This company gives lots of raises. It could use some stability in the employment department. It offers a good team building environment.
Does not pay overtime. Gives you holidays off and has good benefits.
easy work and good place to work if you can handle immaturity
Pre-Clerk (Current Employee) –  Lakeland, FLJune 25, 2018
interview includes typing test which you can take twice. Mostly females in work place, immature job culture and co-workers/lack of respect for job. Work is easy, full time positions are hard to come by. fifty cent raise after ninety days working there.
Pros
easy work
Cons
hard to advance/move up
Hostile Atmosphere
Duties- LTL Freight Driver (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TN 38002December 3, 2018
It's not a bad job,But Management makes it a stressful one ,if you don't just agree with Everything ,Then you suddenly become a problematic Employee
Pros
Great Benefits, Decent Pay
Cons
Hostile Work Environment
fast pace
CUSTOMER SERVICE REP (Former Employee) –  Aurora, CONovember 19, 2018
Fast pace management not so good, pay not so good for all the work you do. Company doesn't have good benefits for their employees they expect so much out of you with little to no recogniction.
Could Be Better
Forklift Operator/Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Fontana, CAOctober 31, 2018
This company has its ups and its downs. The goods: 75 percent of the working environment is actually welcoming. The other 25 percent are lazy employees whom brown nose and lack work ethic. Management is nonexistent and lacks the proper working forklifts, tools and makes stingy decisions. Plus, instead of handling loads on Saturday, the Sunday night shift drags without proper working forklifts.
Pros
Some working individuals are welcoming and will help when asked for help
Cons
Management is terrible, Specific group of employees that are lazy and drag the shift longer
Overall 3
Dock Worker Lead I (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXDecember 6, 2018
In the Beginning RL Carriers Dallas was fun exciting place.to learn & grow maybe have chance for advancement. After a few years I've seen surplus of managers come & go tenure employees go on to find better employment. Drivers come and go alot of turnover in 10 years. Slowly decide maybe time to make a change after 10 yrs who wants to look another job. I definitely didn't not. Without opportunity to advance & recent manger, employee & driver turnover figured time for a change to grow professionally
Pros
Travel Resorts are free
Cons
Not always available
Great driver job but horrible management job
INBOUND SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZ 85009June 7, 2018
Drivers are treated well with decent pay and benefits. Management positions don't pay very well and you are asked to do a lot for that pay. Kept from advancement because they didn't want you to leave your current position and location.
Benefits
Cons
Lack of advancement, high stress
Fast paced
Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee) –  Sauget, ILOctober 3, 2018
No chance at moving forward. Refused my yearly raises, scheduled enough hours to not label me full time I worked 7 hrs per day 5 days a week. No benefits

Ask a question about working or interviewing at R+L Carriers. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.0InHerSight Score

1.7Personal Development

2.6Career Opportunities

1.9Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight