R+L Global Logistics Employee Reviews

Ok if you don’t know any better
Accounting (Former Employee) –  Ocala, FLJuly 30, 2018
Poor management choices, backstabbing, unorganized, they have other employees train each other instead of management doing it so everyone does the job tasks differently and you’re lucky to get trained on anything for more than 20 minutes, they change and add responsibilities weekly however never any increase in pay, very low pay rate for the workload and skill level and stress involved in the job. They set unrealistic expectations and work you to death until you burn out and then they just hire someone new. They are constantly hiring because people are constantly quitting. If you’ve got any kind of experience already look for something else.
No job security
Logistics Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLJuly 13, 2018
Please, be aware that these positions are more sales then customer service and the chances of making it past the probation period are slim. I do not recommend this company.
July 17, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback. Our Account Executive positions are a balance of sourcing new customers and customer service of our existing book of business. We are always working to increase our customer base, and our AEs are on the front lines of that effort. We will continue to educate new applicants on the daily responsibilities of being an AE when they come to work for our organization and thank you again for your comments.

Fun workplace with fantastic management
Internship (Former Employee) –  Ocala, FLJune 18, 2018
As an intern at R+L Global I have been given excellent training and learned a lot about marketing and the logistics industry. The work environment is fun and not too stressful with great managers that are laid back and very down to earth people. They are very understanding and flexible to whatever your needs are while encouraging you to do your very best. My co-workers are very friendly which adds to the great workplace culture. While working 8-5 does seem like a long day sometimes, the variety of tasks that I am assigned to do makes it much easier to handle.
Pros
Management, Culture, Up-Beat, Career opportunities
June 21, 2018

We are so happy to hear that you've enjoyed being an intern at R+L Global! We hope you'll come back to work for us after school!

Great Company Atmosphere
Intern (Current Employee) –  Ocala, FLJune 12, 2018
As an intern with no prior work experience, I was nervous coming in to a position with a major company. However, the people at R+L Global Logistics made me feel comfortable, and they were patient with me as I got used to working full time. They are great at communicating their expectations with me, and there is never a point where I feel as though my opinions are being neglected. The amount of trust they placed in me and my abilities when I started made me feel valuable and important. Since I started working here, there have been several events with food, which is a big bonus for me. It is truly a pleasant experience working here, and I can honestly say that I look forward to coming in to work every day. I will miss this when my internship is over with.
Pros
Fast paced, exciting, great people, trust and respect, positive reinforcement
June 14, 2018

Thank you so much for your review of our company! We put a lot of effort into making sure that our interns reap the benefits of real-world work experience that they can take with them and use in the future. We are so happy that you felt comfortable and supported! We hope you'll be back next Summer!

Work place culture
Senior Account Executive in Logistics (Current Employee) –  Ft. Myers, FLMay 15, 2018
A good work place with popcorn machine and tv's in the employee lounge w ample seating and outdoor patio.With employee relations activities that bring
Pros
Commissions & bonuses
Cons
High multitasking
May 21, 2018

Thank you for your positive review about your experience working as a Senior AE at R+L Global. Our culture is very important to us and we're thrilled that you appreciate our efforts to make our offices a fun place to come to work. We know that being an AE is hard work, so we try to provide fun ways to take the edge off every once in a while. Thank you again for taking the time to leave a review!

Great Career Position
Supply Chain Consultant (Current Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLMay 6, 2018
*9-5 Schedule
*Learned in & out's of operations and sales as pertained to Truckload and LTL.
*Great Management team - very resourceful and helpful
*Both relaxing and fast paced work environment
Productive and Efficient Environment
Executive Assistant/Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Ocala, FLApril 23, 2018
My previous employer ran their company inefficiently and illogically... joining the R+L team has been very refreshing and the growth opportunities are very uplifting & motivating. The president really tries to pull the best out of everyone, he seems to know that "people" are the best long term investment.
Pros
Leadership is awesome, growth opportunities are vast
Cons
expensive health insurance... but that's everywhere really
May 14, 2018

Thank you for your positive feedback. We are happy to see that our culture of putting people first means so much to you. Our President maintains an open door policy and encourages employees to reach out to him anytime with feedback and ideas on how to continue to improve our company for our customers as well as our employees. Thank you again for your comments.

Where your voice is heard
Marketing Manager (Current Employee) –  Ocala, FLApril 20, 2018
The top leadership wants employees to actively contribute to the success of the company and regularly solicits for recommendations and ideas for improving not only the culture, but ways to improve the bottom line. The R+L family is loyal and invested in the success of their employees. The pace is fast and is perfect for anyone who enjoys being really busy. If you are looking for a laid back, relaxed job, logistics isn't the industry for you. The best part of working for R+L, is your success is literally in your own hands. You have the ability to advance and grow as much as you want with the right initiative and drive. The President of the company strongly enforces an open door policy and invites everyone to contribute to the overall success of the company. Working here, I feel like my voice is heard. My opinions are acknowledged and respected. I will work here as long as they'll have me.
Pros
Leadership, Transparency, Growth, Free employee resorts
May 14, 2018

Thank you for your candid feedback. It is true that our leadership cares about everyone having the opportunity to succeed at R+L Global and has even developed a Leadership program for those who would like to move up to management some day. Employees are encouraged to speak up when they have new ideas and are supported by leadership in their journey here. Thank you again for your input.

Logistics Team Member (Current Employee) –  Ocala, FLMarch 29, 2018
Like the transportation industry, working at R+L Global is very fast paced and customer focused with roles that can be stressful at times, given the tight deadlines and turn-around times. The management team understands the need to insert fun into the work day like contests, games and lunches and encourages building relationships with our coworkers. The managers are also out on the floor walking around engaging with the employees from the supervisor level all the way of to the VP and President.
Pros
Good management team, good benefits and love the employee only vacation properties
Cons
No where is perfect, but I think RLG is open minded to ideas and suggestions given by their employees
May 14, 2018

Thank you for your honest feedback. Your assessment of the logistics and supply chain industry is spot on. We work in a deadline driven industry and we try to balance the demands on our employees with fun activities and events to break up your work week. We are so happy to hear that those efforts have not gone unnoticed and you value our efforts as much as we value you as an employee. Thank you again for your comments!

Great Leadership Team - Lots of advancement opportunities
Logistics (Current Employee) –  Ocala, FLMarch 6, 2018
You work really hard here but managers know that and respect you for it. I have not experienced micro managing which I really enjoy. GM, VP and President are very open to conversation and really try to get to know you and help you succeed. Many people within the organization, including myself did not have a background in logistics and have been able to be successful with training and working hard to earn career advancements.
Pros
Professional but relaxed environment
Cons
Growing company has challenges but those that are dedicated seem to be rewarded
May 14, 2018

Thank you for your comments. You are right, hard work is the culture here at R+L Global but you are also right in that we take acknowledgment of our employees seriously, as well. The President of our company maintains an open door policy that is shared by all leadership here and every employee has the opportunity to share their ideas and give feedback. We appreciate you taking the time to give us your thoughts.

Management inconsistant
Credit & Collections Rep (Former Employee) –  Ocala, FLDecember 22, 2017
Worked long days without breaks. Required to work last minute extended hours. No set schedule. Direct manager was great and understood. District manager did not care about last minute changes or change in scheduling. Always looking for someone to cover for me when I needed to use restroom, lunch or breaks if I could get them.
Pros
Liked my direct supervisor and worked well with him and co-workers
Cons
No Breaks or raises or review of performance
July 2, 2018

Thank you for your review. We understand that hard work is definitely the culture here at R+L Global and we encourage any employee that isn't getting the opportunity to take their lunch breaks to speak up to their direct supervisor right away. Our President also maintains a true open door policy and encourages all our employees to reach out to him if they are experiencing any challenges in their daily work. We are so happy that you took the time to leave your feedback because we are always looking to grow and improve, so thank you for thoughts.

Don't expect much
Credit and Collections Clerk (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLNovember 26, 2017
This is a difficult place to work - low salary, no room for advancement (even though they try to say there is) and a lot of backstabbing. I wouldn't recommend this place.
Pros
When you get to leave for the day
Cons
Having to go there
July 2, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback. We pride ourselves on the growth opportunities that we offer to all our employees who are looking to move forward in their careers at R+L Global. Direct supervisors are the best source for information and guidance about growth opportunities. We encourage all of our employees to look to the future and grow with our company.

Decent place to start a career
Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLOctober 4, 2017
Not a bad place to start off a career. Limited opportunities. Good sales experience. Management is not transparent at all and always give the go around when employees ask questions.
May 14, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to review our company. We are happy that you felt we are able to provide good sales experience to our Account Executives. Our entry level AE positions are perfect for new grads or those who are just starting out in sales and we offer the opportunity for those employees to quickly gain the knowledge they need to grow in our organization. Leadership makes it a point to engage employees for feedback and maintains an open line of communication in an effort to constantly be improving. We thank you again for your candid feedback.

I would not work for them again.
Billing Specialist level 1 (Former Employee) –  Ocala, FLSeptember 1, 2017
If you are not management, they don't know you exist unless you mess up. I was billing clerk level 1. Matched po's to invoice & cut checks when needed.
Pros
breaks
Run the other way!!! Lies and two-faced,,,,politics
Executive Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Ft. Myers, FLAugust 1, 2017
They plain out stink! They use you and fire you for no reason except to save a couple of hundred dollars a year. BIG TME FAVORATISM!!! Its like being in High School again with little groups, if you do not fit into their click, you will eventually get fired.
Pros
Not Sure
Cons
They are cons!!!
Love my job
Logistics Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLJuly 12, 2017
Book freight and track loads all day long. Senior members can take loads from you and on a narrow window to make goal/bonus its a cut throat work environment. Recruitment is great and after 5 months in, you a guppy in a shark pool.
Pros
flexible time off
Cons
sitting at a desk 9 hours a day.
May 14, 2018

Thank you for your honest feedback. It is true that our Account Executives are responsible for assisting our customers with moving and tracking their freight, as we are a logistics company. Because we are moving freight, we are in an industry that requires the utmost in efficiency and AEs are responsible for moving our customers freight with that model in mind. We do thank you for your honest feedback and encourage all our employees to speak up to leadership if they are ever unhappy in their current position.

Meh
Associate (Current Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLJuly 11, 2017
The company seems to not be sure what it wants to be. Goals are set for the sales people that say they want long term growth, but they do not take care of the people who work there to stay. There are some people who have been with the company for five years and longer. There are others that leave within the year. Benefits are ok, but seem weak for a company over 300 people. Vacation days are decent as they start from day one. There is no growth opportunities though if you are in a support role, and raises are not given unless you get promoted. It isn't a horrible place as the people who work there are good people, just the company is nothing to brag about.
May 14, 2018

Thank you for your honest feedback. Our President maintains an open door policy and works hard to keep open lines of communication throughout the organization. It is also an important part of our culture to encourage the growth of all our employees and support those who wish to advance in their careers with R+L Global. Thank you again for your thoughts.

Pressure to perform
International Supply Chain Consultant (Former Employee) –  Ocala, FLJune 26, 2017
Typically you will be working for 8 hours straight, making the day fly by. You learn a lot of customer service and how to deal with emergencies on the fly, very fast paced. Management has only money on their mind, production is king. The workplace itself is very relaxed and fun, most people working well as a team. Hardest part of the job was to make cold calls or look for new accounts without having the proper tools to do so.
Account Exrecutive
Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Ocala, FLJune 5, 2017
Great place to learn freight the hard way. Fair pay, but the bonus structure needs some work. Especially for newer employees. They do promote from the inside.
May 14, 2018

Thank you for providing your honest feedback. Our President maintains an open door policy and is always eager to hear the feedback of R+L Global employees. Account Executives have the opportunity at any time to provide feedback that can lead to real change in how their bonus structure is set up. Our company is always striving to be the best provider of logistics and supply chain services and that starts with happy employees. We appreciate your input!

Poor company culture
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLMay 4, 2017
Your head is on the chopping block from day 1. They set high margin goals while paying below average for the industry, bonus structure is a lie and unless one of the seniors gifts you good accounts you wont last long here. DO NOT RECOMMEND
Pros
Cons
Just about everything

Ask a question about working or interviewing at R+L Global Logistics. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8