R+L Global Logistics Employee Reviews

Prefer to remain anonymous (Current Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLApril 17, 2019
R+L Global Logistics provides enormous room for growth for committed individuals with excellent work ethic, great customer service skills, a strong aptitude, who are ambitious. There is so much on-the-job training and mentorship that truly the sky is the limit. You are only limited by your attitude, level of commitment, and adaptability. I have seen so many people who joined the organization, were excellent performers but weren't thriving in their seat on the bus, and who transferred or were promoted into other departments in the company that are now excelling. I most like the variety of work and situations that are encountered that require problem solving and being resourceful and innovative. The hardest part of the job is the personal growth and the most rewarding part of the job is the personal growth. There are so many engagement activities for employees to feel valued and appreciated, as well as, there are regular pay increases to show that I am recognized for my personal contribution. I have seen so many internal promotions, that it is obvious that the company fosters a promote-from-within culture. There are full benefits here and a good amount of paid time off, People here are warm, approachable, and most people that I encounter seem to be all-in.
Pros
People, stability of industry, growth of company, culture, benefits, constant change
Cons
Wish pay was more competitive for scope of work performed
April 19, 2019

Thank you so much for your kind review of our company! You put the nail on the head when you said the sky is the limit here. We certainly strive for R+L Global Logistics to be a workplace that fosters each employee’s personal growth. We are so thankful for your “all-in” mentality, and we’re so grateful for employees like you who make RLG such an awesome place!

Toxic environment to work in.
Controller (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLApril 3, 2019
The director of accounting makes every ledger entry and every tax submission into a huge project. There is so much extra work performed to get a simple entry made that there is not enough time to get other important tasks completed.

Upper management is mostly concerned with protecting the company against employee law suits. This is evident in everything that is done here.

Employees are very unhappy here. Vacation is frowned upon. Difficult to schedule.
Pros
Popcorn in the lunch room
Cons
Everything else
April 4, 2019

We appreciate your feedback about your time at R+L Global Logistics. We welcome all feedback, because it helps us to improve in order to create a better environment for our employees! At our company, we place high value in working hard and getting every job, big and small, done right. We are constantly striving to improve on processes, so employees can be as efficient and effective as possible! At RLG, our president and all upper management hold a true open door policy. They are grateful to hear from all employees, and encourage each and every one to voice any potential concerns. Thank you again for your review, it will help our company to grow and improve.

A great place to work!
AP Manager (Current Employee) –  Ocala, FLMarch 25, 2019
R&L Global Logistics is a fast growing company, which is in a constant state of evolution. This evolution is creating many new opportunities for existing employees (the company loves to promote from within) and those considering a position here.

The culture is fact moving and in a state of continuous change and improvement. Ideas are welcomed and implemented, collaboration is encouraged and support is provided.

Perks & benefits are constantly being evaluated and the benefit packages enhanced.

The leadership of the organization is accessible and open to hearing feedback from the employees; in fact, its encouraged.

The president can often be found visiting the teams to say "hello" and "thank you". This is a very meaningful practice and appreciated by the employees.

In a nutshell, this is a large company who hasn't lost the small company philosophy of creating a family environment in the workplace and treating its employees like they matter!
Pros
Great culture & benefits, lots of opportunities, work-life balance
Cons
I don't have any. I am happy!
March 26, 2019

Thank you so much for your review! We are so grateful that you appreciate our culture of putting people first! R+L Global is certainly fast-paced and quickly growing, but we always welcome feedback from our employees! Thank you so much for your kind words, we are so happy to see that you value our company!

Toxic atmosphere
Accountant (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLMarch 1, 2019
Stay away from Accounting/Finance department. Director of Corp Finance is very unqualified and negatively has spread through entire department. No raises or room for advancement.
March 8, 2019

Thank you for your feedback of your time working at R+L. We are grateful for all feedback, because it provides us with insight to better our company for all of our employees. Our accounting department is fast paced, in order to keep up with our rapidly growing business. We urge all employees to discuss their career goals with leadership so we can support your growth and development. Our management at R+L strives to maintain a positive environment for all employees by upholding an open door policy. We encourage all employees to voice concerns to their manager, in order to continue to provide a positive atmosphere here at RLG. Thank you again for leaving us your review, it will certainly help us to better the company.

Sales
Broker (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNFebruary 12, 2019
They throw you out on your own and expect you to swim. You come in and they give you videos to watch and expect you to know everything. They reward the ones who don't work.
March 7, 2019

Thank you for providing us your review. We appreciate feedback, because it helps us to improve our processes in the future for all of our employees. It is true that the Account Executive position is fast-paced, but we support our AEs with a true open door policy and ask that all employees speak up with any concerns they may have. As a current employee at RLG, we encourage you to reach out to your manager with any issues and suggestions, in order to improve your branch as well as your experience here. Thank you again for leaving your thoughts, as they help us to constantly improve.

Temporary to possible permanent job. I reached required hours with late or missed days but hasn’t been approached for permanent status
Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GADecember 23, 2018
Good job, good environment but not much potiential for growth. Nice attitudes & respectful coworkers. Good hours & easily assessed by car or public transportation.
March 8, 2019

Thank you for giving us your feedback. We work hard to keep up a positive company culture, and we are so grateful that you appreciate those efforts! Our company has many employees who have moved up from entry level positions during their time at R+L, so we encourage you to speak with your manager about your goals within our growing organization. We appreciate you leaving your feedback here, and we always urge you to speak up to leadership with any concerns.

Growth in your professional & personal life
GM (Current Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLDecember 17, 2018
I am empowered to make decisions to help my customers with their supply chain needs. My managers trust my decisions . A fast paced and exciting environment with great opportunity for advancement in both my professional and personal life.
Pros
Career Advancement
Cons
to far away from the beach
March 7, 2019

Thank you so much for leaving us with your feedback! We take pride in our company culture, and we are thrilled to hear that you enjoy our fast paced environment. Thank you again for your positive review!

Hostile, discriminatory behaviors
Account Executive/ broker (Former Employee) –  Antioch, TNNovember 8, 2018
I am legally blind, 20/400.They refused to accomodate me and then complain for my blindness, the training is HORRIBLE, the Senior AE favors with the young ladies who can do whatever they want, and will write me up for no reason and thee primadonas did not get even a warning, if you kiss up you keep your job, I have proof, videos, pictures, voice recordings of how messed up they are. Run the other way, the bonus structures are a joke, if you are lucky you will average $400 per month. But if you are a female and young then the Senior will adore you, like I said, I have videos, pictures and recordings...
Pros
Cons
Watch your back, they'll stab it in a heartbeat
It needs to get better
Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLSeptember 5, 2018
The other aes are good to work with but the managers are horrible and have no idea what they are doing. They dont train or help the people they "manage" and only try to find the negative things so they can let off some steam because the big boss just complains all day and he is never here. The cookouts and small giftcards, you make the company 1000s in a competition and they give you a 25 buck visa prepaid card, but they only have them when they see morale in the office is down or they had another big group of firing people. There are 3 big offices and a few small offices but everything goes to the favorite people in atlanta and ocala but then everyone just fights with each other. When you start they give you a list of accounts that are out of business or ship once a year. Benefits for family coverage are not affordable and you spend half your paycheck just to pay for insurance. Dont get to know anyone, everyone is quitting but they just hire someone desperate for 34k with a high school diploma to come in.
Pros
You can stay at vacation places for free
Cons
Management, no raises, low bonus, managers again
September 11, 2018

Thank you for leaving a review of your experience working for R+L Global. We appreciate feedback, even when it's negative because it helps us to improve for current employees and employees we will have in the future. We know that the role of an Account Executive is hard, with a focus on driving sales and meeting goals, so we do our best to provide little incentives along the way to let our employees know that their hard work is appreciated. We are always looking at ways that we can drive the cost of benefits down to be more affordable for our employees and their families, and we will continue to do so. Our President maintains a true open door policy and encourages all employees to speak up when they have a concern. As a current RLG employee, we would urge you to speak to your manager about suggestions you may have to improve your branch location. Thank you again for helping our company to grow and improve.

Stay away if you want to be treated right .
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLAugust 31, 2018
They are all over the place. The work atmosphere is a open concept . You see everyone. If you do something wrong they will throw you under the bus in an instant . Just stay away period. Unless you are an intern .
Pros
Cons
Everyone is out for themselves.
September 11, 2018

Thank you for providing us with your feedback. We set up our offices in a way that makes it easy for teams of Account Executives that work together to easily communicate and help eachother. With that said, the Account Executive position is a competitive one with a focus on driving sales and providing exceptional customer service to keep the customers we already have. We work hard to reach our goals and we are always pushing to break our own sales records. We support our AEs with a true open door policy all the way up to the President of the company, ensuring any issues within the organization are addressed swiftly. Thank you again for leaving your thoughts, as they only help us to improve.

Entry Level Logistic Job
LOGISTICS ACCOUNT MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLAugust 19, 2018
Opportunity for advancement is very political within this company. They don't value their employees. Don't give annual raises. Training and mentoring is minimal. Goals are very unrealistic for a new hire to meet Bonus Guidelines
September 11, 2018

Thank you for leaving your feedback about your experience as an Entry Level Account Executive. We encourage all employees to reach out to leadership for coaching if they need it and we offer professional development opportunities at all levels within the organization. Every Entry Level Account Executive works alongside a Senior AE for day to day training and mentorship, to learn the responsibilities of an AE and to build their own book of business over time. We appreciate you leaving your feedback here, but we always encourage our employees to reach out to management if they are struggling in their job responsibilities or if they would like to discuss their concerns.

Good place to work to gain experience
International Logistics Specialist (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXAugust 14, 2018
This is a good place to work for to gain work experience, but do not expect to advance in the company. Overall, it isn't horrible as long as you have a plan/end-goal.
Pros
My team was great.
Cons
The company culture is cut-throat.
September 11, 2018

Thank you for leaving us your review. Our company is filled with employees that have moved up from entry level or even internship positions since we started just over 10 years ago. We encourage all employees to discuss their career goals with their managers and senior leadership so we can help support everyone's growth and development within the organization. Thank you again for providing feedback that can help us improve.

Ok if you don’t know any better
Accounting (Former Employee) –  Ocala, FLJuly 30, 2018
Poor management choices, backstabbing, unorganized, they have other employees train each other instead of management doing it so everyone does the job tasks differently and you’re lucky to get trained on anything for more than 20 minutes, they change and add responsibilities weekly however never any increase in pay, very low pay rate for the workload and skill level and stress involved in the job. They set unrealistic expectations and work you to death until you burn out and then they just hire someone new. They are constantly hiring because people are constantly quitting. If you’ve got any kind of experience already look for something else.
September 11, 2018

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. Our accounting department is very fast paced in order to keep up with new business, as we are growing more every day. We encourage all employees to reach out to their manager if they are feeling overwhelmed or if they feel they are in need of additional training. We have professional development opportunities available to all employees in the organization and we encourage everyone to take advantage of them. We appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts with us as we continue to improve the work experience for our team.

electrifying Enviroment
Risk and Compliance Specialist (Former Employee) –  Ocala, FLJuly 30, 2018
There is never a dull moment finding shippers carriers and freight. The continuity of the delivery is sometimes almost impossible to find at a profitable rate.
September 19, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to leave us your feedback! Our fast paced environment definitely keeps us on our toes!

No job security
Logistics Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLJuly 13, 2018
Please, be aware that these positions are more sales then customer service and the chances of making it past the probation period are slim. I do not recommend this company.
July 17, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback. Our Account Executive positions are a balance of sourcing new customers and customer service of our existing book of business. We are always working to increase our customer base, and our AEs are on the front lines of that effort. We will continue to educate new applicants on the daily responsibilities of being an AE when they come to work for our organization and thank you again for your comments.

Very Nice Company to work for
Logistics Account Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 24, 2018
I enjoy the culture of the office. Its very relaxed but also hard working and competitive. you get your base pay plus you also get Bonuses for your hard work put in.
September 19, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to leave us your feedback. We definitely have a culture of hard work but we also work as a team and support each other. Thank you again!

Fun workplace with fantastic management
Internship (Former Employee) –  Ocala, FLJune 18, 2018
As an intern at R+L Global I have been given excellent training and learned a lot about marketing and the logistics industry. The work environment is fun and not too stressful with great managers that are laid back and very down to earth people. They are very understanding and flexible to whatever your needs are while encouraging you to do your very best. My co-workers are very friendly which adds to the great workplace culture. While working 8-5 does seem like a long day sometimes, the variety of tasks that I am assigned to do makes it much easier to handle.
Pros
Management, Culture, Up-Beat, Career opportunities
June 21, 2018

We are so happy to hear that you've enjoyed being an intern at R+L Global! We hope you'll come back to work for us after school!

Great Company Atmosphere
Intern (Current Employee) –  Ocala, FLJune 12, 2018
As an intern with no prior work experience, I was nervous coming in to a position with a major company. However, the people at R+L Global Logistics made me feel comfortable, and they were patient with me as I got used to working full time. They are great at communicating their expectations with me, and there is never a point where I feel as though my opinions are being neglected. The amount of trust they placed in me and my abilities when I started made me feel valuable and important. Since I started working here, there have been several events with food, which is a big bonus for me. It is truly a pleasant experience working here, and I can honestly say that I look forward to coming in to work every day. I will miss this when my internship is over with.
Pros
Fast paced, exciting, great people, trust and respect, positive reinforcement
June 14, 2018

Thank you so much for your review of our company! We put a lot of effort into making sure that our interns reap the benefits of real-world work experience that they can take with them and use in the future. We are so happy that you felt comfortable and supported! We hope you'll be back next Summer!

Work place culture
Senior Account Executive in Logistics (Current Employee) –  Ft. Myers, FLMay 15, 2018
A good work place with popcorn machine and tv's in the employee lounge w ample seating and outdoor patio.With employee relations activities that bring
Pros
Commissions & bonuses
Cons
High multitasking
May 21, 2018

Thank you for your positive review about your experience working as a Senior AE at R+L Global. Our culture is very important to us and we're thrilled that you appreciate our efforts to make our offices a fun place to come to work. We know that being an AE is hard work, so we try to provide fun ways to take the edge off every once in a while. Thank you again for taking the time to leave a review!

Great Career Position
Supply Chain Consultant (Current Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLMay 6, 2018
*9-5 Schedule
*Learned in & out's of operations and sales as pertained to Truckload and LTL.
*Great Management team - very resourceful and helpful
*Both relaxing and fast paced work environment
September 19, 2018

Thank you for leaving us your positive feedback about your experience as a Supply Chain Consultant out of our Ft Myers office.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at R+L Global Logistics. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8