R+L Global Logistics Employee Review

View all R+L Global Logistics reviews

Fast paced Freight Forwarder offering multiple services and modes in both the international and domestic arena.
Director of International Services (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 1, 2013
Daily responsibilities varied from day to day but most days included handling inquiries from multiple offices within our network ranging from quoting, routing, vendor issues, compliance with government regulations or destination questions regarding our overseas network. Other duties included but were not limited to accounting questions, software questions/queries, audits and business development.

During my time at R+L I was able to learn how to handle all aspects of the freight forwarding industry covering imports & exports, ocean and air as well as regulatory compliance and sales / business development.

Middle management was knowledgeable and very committed to doing what was needed to grow the company but also provide the level of customer service expected by our clients.

Biggest challenge was the flow of information from the field to/from upper management. Continuing to support the field with a healthy corporate message.

Providing the support and expertise the international team needed on a daily basis and building the relationships with our overseas partners developing new business opportunities.

Other R+L Global Logistics Employee Reviews

Logistics Team Member (Current Employee) –  Ocala, FLMarch 29, 2018
Like the transportation industry, working at R+L Global is very fast paced and customer focused with roles that can be stressful at times, given the tight deadlines and turn-around times. The management team understands the need to insert fun into the work day like contests, games and lunches and encourages building relationships with our coworkers. The managers are also out on the floor walking around engaging with the employees from the supervisor level all the way of to the VP and President.
Pros
Good management team, good benefits and love the employee only vacation properties
Cons
No where is perfect, but I think RLG is open minded to ideas and suggestions given by their employees
Great Leadership Team - Lots of advancement opportunities
Logistics (Current Employee) –  Ocala, FLMarch 6, 2018
You work really hard here but managers know that and respect you for it. I have not experienced micro managing which I really enjoy. GM, VP and President are very open to conversation and really try to get to know you and help you succeed. Many people within the organization, including myself did not have a background in logistics and have been able to be successful with training and working hard to earn career advancements.
Pros
Professional but relaxed environment
Cons
Growing company has challenges but those that are dedicated seem to be rewarded

Ask a question about working or interviewing at R+L Global Logistics. Our community is ready to answer.

2.5