R.A Jones Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
good place to work
Design Engineer (Former Employee) –  Covington, KYMay 6, 2018
didn't work long enough to form an opinion, Unfortunately, had medical issues that forced me to stop working there.

trying to complete the 150 word minimum.
RA Jones was a very busy place to work.
AP Clerk (Former Employee) –  Davenport, IAMay 3, 2018
I learned time management. I have processed 3000 to 4000 invoices per month. The work environment was easy with good people. Due to job elimination I left and went to Eastern Iowa Community College from 2015 to present. There I also process AP. The work environment is intense due to the new college move. I do enjoy working with people, but feel like I have more to offer than this job requires.
High School job
Trumpet Instructor (Former Employee) –  Florence, KYMarch 27, 2018
I worked as a high school student as a trumpet instructor and thus was treated as a high school student. Had a fun time with the kids but the authority as lacking and inconsistent.
Management Issues
Assistant Controller (Current Employee) –  Covington, KYFebruary 12, 2018
Management is unreliable and not honest with employees. Not a good environment to work in or company to work for. New management is always introduced and they never talk to the current employees to get their opinion.
Sales and Marketing area - non nurturing environment, high stress
Sales (Former Employee) –  Covington, KYJanuary 31, 2018
This used to be a good company to work for until 2012 when they were acquired by Coesia.

Now it is high stress, non nurturing, high turnover. Management is all about the bottom line and metrics.

I would call a previous employee for details before accepting a job here.
Pros
Good benefits, decent salary
Cons
not a pleasant, friendly environment any longer
Fun to work with good coworkers
Wire Technician (Former Employee) –  KentuckyDecember 12, 2017
Great place to be employed. Laid back. Great coworkers. Great suporvisers. Busy, fun, manufacturing. No hard part. Culture fine. Sometimes busy, sometimes not.
Busy managers
Mechanical Design Engineer (Current Employee) –  Davenport, IASeptember 26, 2017
Managers I worked with either had too little time to instruct and plan or not capable of proper delegation.
Bad planning and execution of work schedules and allotment.
Pros
pop corn
Cons
Very rewarding with room for advancement
Sales Administrator (Former Employee) –  Crescent Springs, KYAugust 29, 2017
A great company that felt like home. I gained a lot of knowledge in regards to the packaging industry.
I was promoted from receptionist to Service Coordinator then to Sales Administrator for the VP of Sales & Marketing.
Good Place
Field Engineer (Former Employee) –  Covington, KYJuly 20, 2017
Very interesting and good place to work. If you want to be a road warrior, learn a lot and make good money its the place for you. See the world, and various industry and get paid for it.
challenging position
CNC Machinist/Programmer/Setter (Former Employee) –  iowa, usaJanuary 10, 2017
I did enjoy being appointed to this position. I typical day would be to receive a print from a designer (sometimes hand drawn). I would then use any equipment required (saw, lathe, mill, drill press, wire EDM, etc.) to produce the product using the material specified. Generally, from raw material to finished product.
Unfortunately, due to a constantly changing management structure and personnel, the support structure at this employer was not very conducive to a productive environment. Because of this, I feel that the employees remained at odds with each other and were unable to work together as a unit to aspire to reach a higher potential.
good place to work
Cafe Worker (Former Employee) –  Covington, KYJuly 21, 2016
Company made sure that all employees were well taken care of and the people were enjoyable to work with. Good benefits and good work life balance.
Got Blindsided with Layoff
Infrastructure Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Covington, KYApril 18, 2016
Did the work like I was supposed to and then got blindsided with a layoff. The co-workers were great that I worked with. I wanted to watch the company grow.
Pros
Decent pay and benefits
Cons
Poor management
I enjoyed working at R.A Jones. I learned alot, and had good co-workers
Electrical / Mechanical Assembler (Former Employee) –  Davenport, IAOctober 26, 2015
Good place to work. Building new one off machines was a challenge, and exciting. Because of new machines ,I learned a lot about the new technology and different ways it could be used. One of the more enjoyable parts of the job was the debugging of the machine after it was all assembled, getting it to perform to costumer specs. and running it for the buyer.
Pros
clean, safe, climate controled, and friendly atmosphere
Cons
finger pointing between management, no one was held responsable
Great company with many benefits and a family atmoshere
Material Handler "A" Rate (Former Employee) –  Davenport, IAAugust 13, 2015
R.A. Jones is an excellent company to work for . They treat their employees fairly and pay a fair wage to people. The facility is clean and well kept with a great family atmosphere.
Challenging and Rewarding Work
Mechanical Design Engineer (Current Employee) –  Covington, KYJanuary 22, 2015
R.A Jones is a great place to work if you enjoy being challenged on a daily basis. Management is in the process of a turnover so stability is not the best right now. Co-workers are all wonderful people that help at the drop of a hat.
Pros
new challenges, great co-workers
Cons
management change
golf outtings good pay good benifit
Assembler, I (Former Employee) –  Davenport, IAJanuary 16, 2015
coffee clutch in the morning, rewarding work .good people to work with and for
Pros
clean work place good management and great people to work with
Cons
have none
Excellent benefits with flexible hours
Logistics Manager (Former Employee) –  Branchburg, NJSeptember 1, 2014
I would receive parts from overseas, process them through our system, and ship parts international and domestic. I learned how to ship HAZMAT and international. Management was spread out throughout several different locations. What I enjoyed most was the flexible hours. The hardest part was it was a one man operation with no co-workers to confer with.
Best in Class OEM of High Speed Packaging Machinery
Senior Vice President of Engineering (Former Employee) –  Covington, KYAugust 13, 2014
R.A Jones is a very dynamic and fast paced Company. Focus is on Innovation, Execution and Customer Satisfaction.
Pros
Global Leader as a Packaging OEM
Cons
Many Changes in Ownership over last 15 years
Learning
CONTROLS ENGINEER (Former Employee) –  Crescent Springs, KYJune 30, 2014
My manager was great and so was the programming and HMI work. My co-workers were great and very helpful. There really was no hard part of my job because I enjoyed the challenges everyday. It was unfortunate because I had to return closer to home when a family member became ill. I had to reduce my commute time.
Never a dull moment
Manufacturing Engineer (Current Employee) –  Davenport, IAJune 30, 2014
The most enjoyable part of the job is you never work on the same probleam twice, something new every day.
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
N/a