R.E. Michel Company Employee Reviews

okay place towork
Counter Salesman (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDNovember 15, 2018
needs better management job was boring very slow and repetitive customers very rude manager never defends employees not appreciated ..................
Re Michel is a cover up
Forklift Operator / Order Picker (Current Employee) –  Glen Burnie, MDJuly 30, 2018
Managment does not care about your life . Nor does it pay well . 25 cents a year is a joke . Treat people wrong the company looks at you as a number nothing else
Pros
Its a job
Cons
Everything about this place is a con
No fun allowed
Material Handler, Reserve Driver, Counterperson (Current Employee) –  Syracuse, NYJuly 11, 2018
Manager is good, but getting close to retirement. Rest of employees are generally not fun to work with. Job is a mix of boring and frustrating. Customers can be hard to work with.
Pros
8 hour day.
Cons
Unpaid lunch, difficult environment.
Wonderful place to work
Customer Service, Sales, Warehouse (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJune 26, 2018
Great place to work. Interaction with customers. Upper management cares about their employees. Travel, special assignments, inventory control. Relaxed atmosphere.
Pros
Relaxed atmosphere
Cons
Definitely a foot in the door if you want to join the HVAC industry.
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CAJune 13, 2018
I worked at RE Michel for almost a year.
It was a cool place the manager was great but the pay really wasnt good at all.
You get to meet tons of contractors who work in the field. Most good people.
Would recommend working here if youre trying to get into the industry. You'll get familiar with a great amount of parts.
Pros
Cool Manager
Cons
Low pay.
My co workers were good people
R Technician (Former Employee) –  Landover, MDJune 5, 2018
Horrible place to work but they educate you in the hvac trade I took multiple classes on the hvac trade. You can work alot if hours but it goes unappreciated
Pros
Opportunities to learn
Cons
No time for personal life
Management sucks
Assistant Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GAMay 9, 2018
Management is lazy and incompetent very rude to employees and customers. Work environment would be better if it wasn't for management. Short lunches no breaks ,while other location that me and other co-workers have visited are the complete opposite! Great working environment and wonderful management.
Pros
benifits
Cons
management
Great Company with growing potential.
Accounts Payable Specialist (Former Employee) –  Glen Burnie, MDApril 12, 2018
Started there as a clerk and got promoted twice to higher positions with better pay, they treat their employees fair it's a really wonderful company to work for. Still wish I had my job there.
productive
Customer Service / Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCApril 11, 2018
deliver hvac equipment and supplies, maintain the warehouse , process all incoming and outgoing freight. the work is fast paste. the work enviroment was a lot of fun
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
My experience
DELIVERY DRIVER (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKApril 10, 2018
When I worked here I loved everyone around me except the manager of our particular location. He is gone now, so I would highly recommend this job to someone just starting out in heating and air.
Pros
Delivery Driver, Job Security, Benefits, Chances to move up.
Cons
Hot in the summer
my work day
Counterman (Former Employee) –  Glen Burnie, MDMarch 23, 2018
As a counterman I was on my feet 8hrs a day in one spot.I also pulled orders and loaded orders with a forklift.I kept shelves stocked in my isle.The other guys were fun to work with,even though I was 20 to 40 yrs older.
Pros
was able to work around the trade I had worked in for 34yrs
Cons
on my feet in one spot 8 hrs a day
Good Place to Work
Counter Sales (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNMarch 12, 2018
I had a very good manager. I had as many hours as I wanted and I loved the guys I worked with. It was a lot of work and we were short staffed at times, but I enjoyed it because I got lots of overtime pay when I wanted it.
This place needs help
Warehouse Worker (Current Employee) –  Westminster, MDFebruary 21, 2018
Management is questionable. Direct supervisor is lazy and condescending. Severely understaffed. No rush to get new employees hired either. You get paid time off but cannot use it when you want do to lack of staff. The store is currently understaffed by at least 4 people.
Pros
Cons
too many to list
the awesome sauce of re michel
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Glen Burnie, MDFebruary 18, 2018
one of the best jobs I had. the management team is awesome. its a really easy job if your focused and determined to get the job done and work together as a team.
Great company horrible location manager
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Harrisburg, PAFebruary 8, 2018
This was a dream job has great benefits great salary fun no stress exciting but my immediate manager had affair with my now ex wife while I was employed there he also stole merchandise and blamed his employees I wish I would have transferred instead of quitting I let my emotions get the best of me in a very personal situation
Pros
Benefits salary
Cons
Branch manager
Employment was tough, but you had to make it work for your budget
Outside Sales (Former Employee) –  Providence, RIFebruary 7, 2018
It was a good company to grow your employment and pay checks. It was however based mostly on commissions. The commission was based on how much you made for what you made the year prior, and every year they added an additional 20% sales, before you received full commission.
Pros
A lot of freedom to sell
Cons
New customers were taken away when their sales were low
people ok policy terrible
Driver Helper (Former Employee) –  Roanoke, VAJanuary 24, 2018
Beware ask questions before working there . They will get you to do as much as possible for free. Good luck and if you don't need a job for sure I would think twice before working there
Pros
insurance
Cons
Extra hours
Great workpalce
Counter Sales (Former Employee) –  New JerseyJanuary 23, 2018
First job in a wholesale retailer that allowed me to gain the knowledge and experience to further my career. Always trying to be one step ahead of other retailers and training of employees.
enjoyed interaction with employees and customers
branch manager (Former Employee) –  DuBois, PAJanuary 12, 2018
I normally opening up in the morning / received e-mails / phone messages from sales reps and customers placing orders in after-hours. Supervised unloading of trucks and proper placement of product lines to warehouse areas.. Supervised deliveries and took care of customer issues daily.. either delegating them to others or priority customers took care of issues myself. Generated sales and did inspections of heating systems looking for operational problems .. giving customers ideas on improving and /or changing out older systems...
Pros
am a self-starter and needed little supervision ..
Cons
new -younger boss who knew it all .. would not take ideas from experienced branch managers
Giant corporation
Counter Sales / Customer service (Former Employee) –  Lawrenceville, GANovember 30, 2017
not a bad place to work .. pay is ok
but i felt like just a number .. very big company. there is some room to move up but its slow . vacation and days off are good .