R.H. White Construction Employee Reviews

Amazing Company
Intern (Former Employee) –  Auburn, MAApril 15, 2019
I worked there as an intern and they were extreamly accepting of me. The owner of the organization came down and introduced himself to me. There are well over 200 people at the company.
It really wasn't the worst, except...
Piper (Former Employee) –  Auburn, MAApril 10, 2019
I worked at RH White as a piper for a couple of years. The work was sometimes tough but usually manageable. Conditions weren't great but that's usually how construction goes. Compensation was low, and I spent at least an hour and a half on the road everyday with the crew headed to and from the jobsites unpaid. This was my most hated part of the day because I was forced to make idol chitchat with my foreman. In my year and a half with him I was the longest lasting crewmember as everybody else left the company or transferred to other crews, until I too refused to work with the guy. Completely miserable old alcoholic who believed strongly that he should get paid to drive the truck to the jobsite and then hang out unburdened for the rest of the day.
The guy used to cry at work and throw his helmet around like a spoiled child. It was an established fact that he was incapable of running a show. He wasn't the only foreman who was completely dysfunctional. The guys who had their lives together were mostly fine. But there are plenty of ignorant, miserable fellas at RH WHITE that will render worklife unbearable. They need to be purged from supervisory positions, but management just wants pipe in the ground and will avoid any problem they can, they weren't keen on doing anything about it no matter how many complaints they got or how many people left for other jobs. So people just kept leaving, instead and I too eventually just found another job.
Pros
Good experience
Cons
Careful who you work with
Get out what you put in
Utility division (Current Employee) –  AuburnFebruary 21, 2019
Great place to work for people who are motivated and want to advance. Always willing to listen and try new ideas. Always trying to find new ways to compensate and add incentive for employees. benefits have been getting better and pay has been increasing. Good workers get recognized and sometimes get pay increases even without asking. Yearly reviews and yearly raises as well.
Pros
Training, OQ incentive program, family atmosphere
Cons
Bureaucracy sometimes gets in the way of getting things done
Great company and great place to work all around
Foreman - Underground Operations (Former Employee) –  Auburn, MAFebruary 2, 2019
Great company that actually cares about it’s workers and work. Highly knowledgeable and skilled employees due to their impressive training programs. A very high emphasis on safety and quality.
Pros
Great training programs, understanding management that genuinely cares about the well being of employees
Cons
Could pay a little higher but still not terribly far off from it’s competitors
Hated this job i have no idea why i stayed so long i had a terible experience.
Laborer (Former Employee) –  New yorkOctober 14, 2018
Do not work here waist of time. The managers are not friendly and if you ask for more money they just yes you to death. They are a old fashioned company and do not pay equal.
Pros
Lets you take tools home
Cons
Everything about this company
Management has no clue. Pay is terrible! If you ask for money they will either say you make to much or try and get rid of you. It's a joke.
Operator (Former Employee) –  Auburn, MAJune 17, 2018
Don't work there! If you do don't stay. Office people are the ones that get the best treatment not the they guys in the field that make the company money. The place is a joke. The main boss below the owner has little man syndrome and is a complete jerk and rude to everyone. Get out before it's too late.
Pros
Can't think of any
Cons
Low pay, poor management and overall not a good place
Just another Contractor
Management (Current Employee) –  Auburn, MAJune 11, 2018
Promises, promises. Management never delivers. Weak team. If your seeking a career look elsewhere. This place is only looking to fill a role for a short period of time and most know this to be the case.
Pros
If your heart beats, they'll hire you as long as you don't plan to get ahead.
Cons
Weak utility senior management.
Ok company
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Auburn, MAMay 15, 2018
RHW is a very large company where most employees are just a number. Unless your on a rated job the pay doesn't seem to be enough for what they expect from you.
Get out what you put in
Utility Construction (Current Employee) –  Auburn, MAMarch 8, 2018
Company is focused on continuous improvement. If you demonstrate a commitment to improve yourself and the company, you will be noticed and rewarded.

Those who hold themselves to a high standard are treated accordingly.
Pros
Challenging work. Freedom to try new ideas, means, and methods
Cons
Positive support from ownership/management doesn't always make it to field as intended.
fast paced but behind modern times
Laborer (Former Employee) –  new englandSeptember 19, 2017
I worked for company for over 5 yrs. the pay is low so that is why I left.. Management seems to yes you to death and you never see changes. Alot of on the job training...managers seem to be over worked and never seen
Pros
company lets employees take equipment home for yard work
Cons
pay is low..management complains about overtime
Short term role
BILLING SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Auburn, MASeptember 6, 2017
Lots of confusion and arguing internally and no room for improvement. Did not feel valued and my job role was never really clarified, I was just tossed all over the office being given random tasks to do
Family environment
Accounts Payable Specialist (Current Employee) –  Auburn, MA 01501July 8, 2017
This company has a wonderful working environment. Family and safety are their first priority. This is a very giving company that gives you the desire in which to reciprocate.
A culture of unhappiness
piper (Former Employee) –  Auburn, MADecember 9, 2016
Everyone around me was broke and miserable. Watched many people leave for better opportunities until I finally became on of them.
Safe and good company
Foreman, Heavy Equipment Operator (Current Employee) –  Auburn, MAAugust 23, 2016
Safe, fast paced work place that will give you lots of training and experience in the gas, water,and sewer construction industry. Its a large company and lots to room to grow and learn as long as your a hard worker with good work ethics. The down side i there not the highest paying but not the worst.
Pros
Training
Cons
not the best paying and the field employees don't get treated as well as the office staff
Truck Driver/Laborer (Current Employee) –  Bow, NHJanuary 13, 2016
RH White is a very family oriented and great place to work . The management is easy to work for and they have many great benefits.
Great place to work, good people to work with enjoy going to work
Operator (Current Employee) –  Ma,Ct,NHAugust 3, 2014
Busy and productive, look out side the big picture and cover all the avenues, very supportive willing to work with you and make sound recomondations, always allow co-works to have imput on any project,
putting together information to create capital projects and getting them approved for the funds to complete.
Typical Day
Safety Officer (Current Employee) –  Auburn, MAMarch 19, 2014
Visit job sites to ensure subcontractors and our employees are following RH White procedures and Federal regulations. Manage worker compensation and liability claims as they come to our attention.
Good company with a great history
Equipment Operator & Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  Auburn, MAAugust 18, 2013
R.H. White is a great company with a strong history. The company has been around for 90 years and is still going strong. There is plenty of work with more coming in.
average work envirement for me
Millwright Foreman (Former Employee) –  MANovember 14, 2012
average work day hours were 7:00 am to 3:30 pm with 2 hours before and 2 hours after for 8 hours pay. the job required that i took classes for my crane operating license and i had also taken osha training, vavle and pump school and leadership. management wasnt so great.
Pros
different job locations.
Cons
lots of pre job and post job work with no pay or bonuses

Ask a question about working or interviewing at R.H. White Construction. Our community is ready to answer.

R.H. White Construction Reviews by Location