R1 RCM

United States459 reviews
Featured review
R1 RCM selected this as a representative review
Awesome place to work!
R1 is a great place to work for many different reasons. It is a team oriented environment with great people working together where you have the opportunity to learn and advance with the company. The company is also expanding rapidly, so it's a great time to be with R1!
Pros
Work life balance, solid benefits, advancement opportunities, great office space/location
Beautiful staff to work with
Your co-workers are amazing here and they have such warm loving hearts. The clinics in outpatient services have a beautiful staff as well. I love them. The hospital in all is filled with warm faces and smiles.
Prductive
Very god job I would highly recommend this company if you are familiar with any type of insurance it is a very great company to work for
Depends upon your position/ supervisor
The amount of work I was expected to accomplish was unfair and unreasonable. I spent most of my day tracking the time I spent completing tasks. My manager micro-managed every move, and scrutinized our time reports with a fine-tooth comb. The members of my team are hard-working, bright, and conscientious, thus the level of micro-management was completely unnecessary. The manager should have used the time to help us be successful rather than criticizing us continually without offering the support we needed. This job would have been great had I been able to perform my duties without such intense monitoring. It was demoralizing. Although the pay was excellent, no amount of money could have justified the degree of stress and unreasonable demands that were placed upon us. I doubt that other positions within R1 can be directly compared to the unique situation my immediate co-workers and I experienced.
work work with no appreciation
There is so much to learn, its like 'go figure' upper management dont care about their associates. Job is job, there is no hard part but there is no help from upper management. I enjoyed working with my colleagues.
Do you enjoy working at your company?
Help people considering your employer make a good choice.
This company is all about their people in Southfield, MI.
I’m located in Indpls and we were never given any respect or never made to feel like we are part of their team
Great management
I love my job and helping people. I have great management and enjoy the constant changes . My work environment is professional and friendly. We all work together and help each other and I truly enjoy coming to work.
Decent money, awful management
The job itself is easy however the company has awful training and HR policies. They don’t care about you as a person/individual and only care about making themselves money. I also noticed it’s all about who you know; so if you’re not friends with a supervisor/manager then don’t plan on making a genuine career here.
They do NOT value US employees
All jobs are being shipped offshore to India. The few US staff members that still exist have to clean up messes and are constantly concerned about job security. They only care about the bottom dollar. They want us to volunteer in the name of “R1” so they will look good but the truth is they will sell out an American citizen in a minute.
Great training to succeed
they provide great new hire and continuing education, paid training, all my equipment was provided, and working from home is SO convenient. I would recommend this job to anyone is looking for stability. Benefit Options are great as well.
Great place to learn
There are some great people to work with and to learn from when wanting to get a start in revenue management and billing for providers and facilities.
Remote and decent pay.
You don’t have to have any experience in the medical field to work here. Pay is decent starting out and PTO/benefits are good! The job is fairly simple and you can learn everything during training.
Do not apply
At first, I thought this company would provide good opportunities. As time went on I realized that they couldn't care less about their employees. All they care about are collections which makes the work environment tense at all times. They give no leeway for anything - bottom line they only care about the quotas they have to make which are astronomical and unrealistic. If you value your mental health, do not work for R1.
Horrible Company
They only care about collections and making sure you never miss a day of work. Regardless if there is an earthquake, snow storm, power outage, or during a pandemic. It's always short staffed, managers are always changing, and the turn over rate is really high. I have only worked here for a year, so that says a lot. If you're looking for a company that values your time, work life balance, time off, growth, or a relaxed environment then do not work here.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Short staffed, management changes, bad communication, and overall work environment.
R1 is terrible to work for . I would not recommend anyone take a position at this company .
Management is awful. You can never find leadership anywhere. Don’t return emails . Presence in Joliet, Illinois is who sold Patient access to the highest bidder. That was R1.
Employees are devalued and disposable
This company follows deplorable guidelines and does so with out any human emotion. Management is completely incompetent, ratings speak for themselves. I would never recommend working for this company at any of the locations they staff. Also during this time where the world is facing a pandemic there is no regard for employee health.
They are not understanding
R1RCM does not care about they people. They pretend they do and pay you little to nothing. Don’t work here. The job is also very high school a lot of people talking behind Each other’s back.
Do not waste your time
Terrible in every catagory.
No time off . Request always denied due to coverage even with months notices. Management lack of communication. Little to none job training just thrown into positions to sink or swim. Poor pay .
Good environment with great co-workers!
I enjoy helping people and the job was close to home. There isn't a lot of turn over because almost everyone is local. We all pulled together and was willing to be used in whatever department we were needed.

Willing to have a chance to work for them again if given the chance.
Exciting company with great opportunity
Exciting new company branching into Utah that brings a bunch of new opportunity. My Manager was great and very understanding and set clear expectations of me and what I needed to accomplish each day.
Don’t Even Bother
My time with R1 RCM has been nothing but stress. I enjoyed my job at a fast food restaurant more than I have with this company. There are so many things wrong and they manage to keep it all hidden from you till you’re in the job for about a month and then you realize just how bad it is. Trying to get ahold of the person hiring you is like pulling teeth, especially if you’re not in IL where the company is based. I sent so many emails and tried calling the person that was “keeping in touch with me” and heard back maybe once. Terrible staff load, couldn’t get anyone to help cover my shift or the shifts around my shift. I worked my third shift ever, a grave shift mind you, by myself in an ER. They go through people like crazy. Upper management is a total joke, as well as HR. I expressed multiple concerns to them and they either ignored me or told the person that I had an issue with, that I had an issue, causing even more issues. There is no privacy, security, or action taken if you have an issue, and if there is action taken it backfires back onto you. Their policies are beyond ridiculous. Their policy implies that you’ll never get sick, and if you do, tough news. You either show up or get written up. They don’t accept doctors notes, even for a legitimate reason. I have run into the issue a couple times and couldn’t take prescriptions the doctor recommended because I had to be at work, making it harder for everyone else to work with me because I wasn’t productive and everyone had to pick up slack I caused because I couldn’t work efficiently or effectively. Nursing staff doesn’t - more...
Ask a question about working or interviewing at R1 RCM. Our community is ready to answer.
2.5
2.4
2.6
Ratings from women
InHerSight Score
2.3Personal Development
3.1Career Opportunities
3.0Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight