R1 RCM

R1 RCM insights

Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • Trust in colleagues
  • General feeling of work happiness

Awesome place to work!

Featured review

R1 RCM selected this as a representative review
R1 is a great place to work for many different reasons. It is a team oriented environment with great people working together where you have the opportunity to learn and advance with the company. The company is also expanding rapidly, so it's a great time to be with R1!

Pros

Work life balance, solid benefits, advancement opportunities, great office space/location

Good pay, Fair insurance, Not Flexible With Outside Life

Because of my particular position, I have a fairly stress-free day. My particular manager is understanding, flexible, and tries to work with me and my needs. I really appreciate this. This does not represent the entire company however. Company policy requires you be exactly on time. One minute over is considered tardy. If you want time off, you need to submit it two months in advance. Because of this, your work experience is dependent on the position you get and your supervisor. You only get national holidays off, no local holidays. So if you want to still have the day off, it will be taken out of your PTO. To be fair, the company is slowly trying to improve the overall dynamic of working for them.

Pros

Good pay, fair insurance coverage.

Cons

Inflexible at times.

So so place

Overall i liked it here but the work load is too much instead of focusing on one aspect of the job you have several, also you have to schedule in so many different locations and the system isn’t the best in that area if a pt doesn’t say up front where they want to schedule at you have to do entirely too much to switch locations if your in the midd of scheduling. Def should invest in designating specific areas for specific employees. It’s enough to send you into overload!!!

Pros

Good benefits

Cons

Work load is wayy too muchh

Lack of professionalism with upper leadership

Upper Leadership is the root of many issues. The lack of respect for registrars and expectations truly set the tone for the department. In addition to being poorly paid. Upper leaderships staffing model and micromanaging sets a negative morale for the team. Staff feels undervalued because of how senior leadership talks down to them, denies PTO requests, reprimands them. The training is absolutely chaotic & has no structure. Staff doesn’t even know how to reach HR or who they can truly go to for the issues we all face with management, it’s like nobody seems to know who the point of contact is or the phone number. Worst place I have ever worked in my life.

Pros

8hr holiday pay, 3 days in some positions

Cons

High turnover, mandatory overtime, none empathetic leadership, micromanaging, poor pay

Large company with no clear direction or sense of community

This is a large company that I was outsourced to, and it’s difficult to feel like I belong here. A lot of us felt abandoned by our previous company and this new company almost makes it feel like I don’t have a job since everything is remote. A lot of our positions are looking like they’ll be outsourced as well so that’s pretty scary.

Pros

Flexible with schedules and work from home

Cons

Too remote and no transparency

Would you recommend working at your company?

Help people considering your employer make a good choice.

dont do it

Our company was bought out by R1RCM, since then it has been a complete and total joke. We cannot keep people hired due to no training. They hire people with no experience, that have never held down a job. Not to mention you are expected to do everyone's job with the lowest pay. People are treated very unfairly, people that have been there for years make less that the people that are hired on with 0 experience. Vacation time is a joke. Insurance is a joke. And management is non existent, and the encounters you do have with them are pointless and they are rude. Do yourself a favor and dont waste your time.

You are just a number

This company is continually short staffed and they work the employees until they hate the job and quit. Management is very very poor. When you do need help no one answers calls or emails promptly.

Cons

No lunches, poor pay, poor management

Not a good place to work

There is no sense of direction in this company unless it gets them more money. It’s just a money driven company and no care about employees. Treat employees like a piece of equipment. Departments does not work together and love pointing figures at each when problems arise instead of working together to solve the problem. This is understandable as matrix are set very high so no one can afford any problem to trace to your department. This is one of the worst place to work in the whole entire world

Pros

Co-workers

It’s alright

Working here can be amazing at times but can also be extremely difficult! I am challenged every day which I love but management is never around when needed. we also never have proper staffing. Also in all honesty the pay scale is completely unfair and we are all grossly underpaid. There is also almost no potential for growth in this field. I would deter anyone from working here unless it’s something they truly love to do. The biggest issues here are lack of management and compensation!

Pros

Overtime, 3 days a week

Cons

Management, pay, little respect

bvnv

Positive values. ...Relaxed and productive atmosphere. ...Commitment to excellence. ...Open and honest communication. ...Cooperation, support, and empowerment. ...Sense of humor. ...Compassion, respect, and understanding. ...Flexibility.

Jobs at R1 RCM

See more jobs

Toxic work environment

Training is non existent. Management is check out and is not help full with day to day work. Your left to fend for yourselfPay isn't enough for amount of work required by Management. Customers/patients are very rude and harsh towards you because your not medical staff Your required to know alot medical info with them tell you this ahead of time.

Pros

Non

Cons

Management, co staff in other parts, no breaks, no training

So much opportunity for growth!

This company lands new clients ALOT, so there are so many really great internal promotion opportunities and so many different kinds of jobs to pick from. They’ve really made great strides in weeding out the leadership. Now there are so many fabulous teams and leaders to work with. And many, many work from home opportunities. Highly recommend!

Pros

Growth, salary, Pto

Cons

Challenging work

Overly Cynical Management Team with No Concern for Staff

Horrible compensation. Full-Time employees are expected to make a living in an expensive city with entry level pay for meticulous and demanding work, held to a higher standard than clinical (nurses, techs, physicians) counterparts, whilst making less any other employers in the area. No incentives for constantly being asked to work extra shifts due of the lack the coverage (high turnover rate). Poor management, no concern for staff morale or standard of living; All concerns and ideas go unheard. Pay inequities are VERY common, especially affecting those who have been with the company for years making less than new hires with little or no experience.

Pros

3-4 day work week, healthcare

Cons

poor management, pay disparities, little compensation

Poor management

Management is petty and horrible for patient registration at Rochester Providence hospital. If there is an issue at hand they won’t handle it accordingly they will think your the problem. Don’t expect a full paycheck either. Disrespectful/offensive comments being made by management. I will not recommend working here

Pros

No pros

Cons

Horrible management

Not paid correctly

After 3 years of work the company hired someone with less experience and paid them more. The other person didn't even meet there 1 year evaluation marks and still didn't loss thier job and kept making more than me

Pros

Reimbursement for Creditials

Cons

No promotion or fair raise for work done

Management in the Facilities Support department is really good. If you mess up they don't make you feel like an idiot and don't yell. They ask questions to see what your thinking and understanding is and then educate from there. Management is easy to talk to if you have a question and they really try to balance work and life while still having enough staff to get things done. The job can be a bit monotonous since you are looking at the same 20 or so documents all day but that's the job and not management. Overall, it's a really good company to work for.

Pros

Understanding management, good work life balance

Cons

Monotonous because your look at the same documents all day

Great job out of high school. No room for growth.

The company offers a flexible PRN option. However, the minute you find a full-time position, you HAVE to be in that position for a year before you can even consider applying for a different/higher position.

Pros

Good pay. Flexibility.

Cons

Don’t take a full time job if you want to grow fast.

not worth it

did not like one bit.Staff was unprofessionalHR would be willing to side with managers on policies that don't even exist on their pageWorking here over a year has shown me that they don't care about their workers

Pros

No pros

Cons

Ability to work from home

This is a great opportunity, however little room for advancement. Little direction, and not knowing where the company is headed. It is a good environment however it is sometimes hard to get the clear cut answers needed.

Pros

Work from home

Cons

Little direction

I love the Emergency staff.

The staff I have met since I got hired on is awesome but the only thing I have a problem with was my pro hours I was hired on as part time and I got COVID the company used my sick pay hours and we wasn’t getting COVID pay we were told we didn’t qualify for Covid pay then they decided to pay us and taxed us on it next I went from part time to full time and didn’t have no problem hours and I was told they couldn’t retro back to give me my hours so it’s hard for me to take off I’ve been there a whole year haven’t been late but once haven’t called in but once I feel like I worked for nothing because I was fairly compensated I hadn’t received a raise and I was always filling in and staying late to help out when asked. It could be a better place of employment if everyone did their own job we have a lot of task of doing other people work including the manager of being a team player

Pros

You learn a lot here at Forrest City Medical meet a lot of people

Cons

Taking time off that is earned and raises

Remote workFun teamOpen door policyGreat work cultureShows appreciation to management and staffDecent benefitsProductive workplace

Pros

Benefits, Appreciation weeks, Open communication

Cons

May randomly be requested to be on site, Etc

Ask a question about working or interviewing at R1 RCM. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.8

Ratings from women

2.7
InHerSight Score
2.3Personal Development
3.0Career Opportunities
2.9Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight