R1 RCM Employee Reviews

Unfair/Disorganized/stressful
Worker (Former Employee) –  Southfield, MIJuly 11, 2018
The company is full of drama. If the upper management do not like you they will get you out of there. The company is full of gossip. I've seen several leaders such as, VP, Directors, Supervisors and agents leave. It's not made for long term. The supervisors are not supportive they want you up do as they say. If you don't follow their rules which are not apart of the company's policy they will be sure you get fired. It's a very unhappy place to work. They have the wrong people in place for leadership.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Everything except the pay
Stressful Physician Advisor Position
Physician Advisor (Former Employee) –  RemoteJuly 2, 2018
Only physician advisor company I've ever encountered what penalizes you if they don't have work during your shift. You "owe" them hours back at the end of the month, despite being available during your shift when there was no work. Their scheduling process is chaotic and takes about 1-2 hours each month just to schedule your hours. Very unorganized training process and benefits are only available for full-timers. Part-timers get a very low hourly rate when compared to other companies.
Pros
Remote
Cons
Low hourly rate compared to other companies
Do not work here...
PFSS Follow Up Analyst (Former Employee) –  Southfield, MIJune 30, 2018
At first it seemed great, but you quickly find out management is not very knowledgeable. Management loves to pass their work on to you. There is no recognition for doing a job well done.
The pay is good, but the healthcare benefits are too expensive.
Productivity is quantity over quality. I was exceptional at my job but did not always meet productivity; there were too many hands dipping into the accounts (India). I would follow up on denied hospital claims and get them resolved/paid. They really do not care about how much revenue you are bringing in to the company.
There is a very high turnover. And for good reason. The company is too top heavy with Management and all will give you a different answer to the same question. I had 3 managers for my group plus 3 more managers above them. Human resources is useless. Your issue will go unanswered.
The dress code is never enforced. Be prepared for what you will see with employees. You will see way, way, too much.
My immediate co-workers were wonderful. I worked with a great group that had a great sense of humor and we all helped each other out. They were the only reason I stayed as long as I did.
Pros
1 hour lunch (with no extra breaks), set schedule, Half hour flex start time
Cons
Expensive Health Benefits, Management, No job security
Too many uncertainties
Billing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Southfield, MIJune 6, 2018
Management not experienced in the billing field and micro manages excessively! Also, she is very rude! R1 does have some perks, which includes wearing jeans and and tennis shoes everyday, flexibility is awesome and it's only 15 minutes from my home.
Good old boy network
Project Manager Transition and Transformation (Former Employee) –  Southfield, MIJune 5, 2018
If you do not fit into their culture (click) you will not last. The leaders are not trained in inspiring, developing and leading. They have little patience for learning curves especially if you are not part of there click.. .
Pros
Company is growing
Cons
They need to redefine job titles and responsibilities.
Could be better
Patient Financial Advocate (Former Employee) –  Mobile, ALMay 25, 2018
Compensation is ok. When I decided to leave, management made promises that I was not sure they were willing to keep. Others were promoted without putting in the work.
benefits
Cons
no advancement opportunities until you say you're leaving
Stay way!!!
AR Rep (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMay 25, 2018
Worst job you can get! Production is unread, Mangers are Rude and impersonal. Plus people are scared about loosing there jobs because THEY ARE OUT SOURCING THE WORK TO INDIA, and they are making a ton of mistakes, and nothing happens to them. THEY HAVE BEEN CUTTING people left and right the turn over is insane. If you say anything about Inda the managers get an attitude. The company had to change their name because of bad business practices
Pros
Cons
Everthing
Fast Paced
Patient Registration Representative (Current Employee) –  Bartlesville, OKMay 19, 2018
Enjoy the job and it's something new every day. Compensation just wasn't adquated compared to previous employers. Hard to get PTO time off due to lack of coverage.
Don't do it
Medical Billing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 1, 2018
These people must have bought Accretive health out. We were laid off because the powers that be, had no clue how to run a real business. I never unpacked my belongings as I was waiting for the day the feds would march in and shut down the entire operation.
need a 2nd JOB
Patient Follow-up Analyst (Current Employee) –  Southfield, MIMay 1, 2018
Great company but pay is not good. not enough to live off of. Plus they have India working people and they don't know absolutely anything. which makes others jobs that much harder.
Pros
learn alot, flex time
Cons
will need a 2nd job, pay is not enough
Poor Management on all levels
Patient Access Specialist (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ALApril 22, 2018
This company would be a better place to work. If the poor levels of Management would let everyone do what they were hired to do. Management rather bully and manage their employees from emails. When they have no clue of the day to day activities because they claim to have so many important meetings. Don't let someone with a title complain about issues in a department. Then, they will work with them to make their own employees look bad vs having their employees backs. After, the complaint they'll take time to come up with new processes and procedures to follow to put a bandaid on the clients issue. Where were these processes and procedures when people are hired. They should be in place from day 1 and not at management discretion. Management on all levels especially Upper Management are very disrespect to everyone including mid level management unless you're in the cliques. Otherwise you slave like a dog in every position and as long as you make Upper Management and mid management look good they have no problem with you. Worse company I have ever work for. Let this application be the last you fill out. Unless your unemployment benefits are about to stop!!!
Pros
Its a paycheck most times
Cons
Poor upper managment, lack of communication, and no loyalty
High turnover rate & poor management
Patient Access Representative (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INApril 18, 2018
R1 took over our company and I should have quit when I had the chance. The company demands tons of new systems to use, but the systems don’t work half of the time. Our department is always understaffed and managers don’t care. They rather for the employees to drown. Certain pay rates were promises but never received. Overall this company has been a bad company to work for and has been considering they had to change their name to make this look good. Benefits are expensive and HR can’t contact right away, and if they bother, it would be through email. If you resign, you’ll have to wait 3-10 business days to receive a paper check. You’d think since we have bills they’d be considerate.
Pros
Absolutely none
Cons
Poor management, operation, HR support
Unable to give review
Hospital Billing (Current Employee) –  Layton, UTApril 16, 2018
I am new to the company but not by choice. There were some positives at first but now it seems there is no management direction. The hiring process is slow and there is no training for new employees in place.
Benefits
Cons
Lack of Management
Pretty good job for wichita
Patient Access Representative (Current Employee) –  Wichita, KSMarch 31, 2018
I work in a call center doing scheduling. I used to work for via christi, but R1 bought our company out. They raised our pay by 50 cents so it’s nice that our new company values us a little more. They are a new company so it seems like they are working out a lot of kinks but I think they have good intentions and as they grow, they will be more and more gracious with pay and benefits.
Deceitful
Patient Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Evansville, INMarch 29, 2018
Whole transition period was awful. When told my job staying was due to it being specific they than completely changed my job role. Loved the original company benefits and set up. They fired tons on team to only hire new people in another state with no experience to do the job.
Pros
Overtime
Cons
No breaks. Expensive benefits
Horrible management
Patient Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Novi, MIMarch 28, 2018
They only care about the money not their employees or patient care. Their upper management never addressed issues brought to their attention. Just brushed under the rug. They never come around in the department. They lie to their employees.
Pros
Cons
They will work you to death
Good benefits, fair work practises. Poor management.
Billing Representative (Former Employee) –  MichiganMarch 19, 2018
This type of work is very fast paced with a high turnover rate.I was employed as a billing specialist for about 8 months, it was a good place to work after finishing school. There are no workplace culture and very little advancement options. The overall feel is that managers only care about stats and numbers. I don't believe they were trained to help the employees grow and develop in their positions. Lots of team dysfunctions, no work culture at all. Good pay and benefits though, I would say, little above market average. A good place to get some experience, or to work while going to school or as a part-time job, don't plan on sticking around.
Pros
Good pay. Good benefits. Some flexibility
Cons
Awful management. No team culture. Lot's of office politics.
WC Follow-up
WC Foolow-up (Former Employee) –  West Allis, WIMarch 19, 2018
This was one of the most disappointing jobs I have ever had. Management did not train us properly so we were told to go to the W drive and find instructions. So I did because I am a motivated person. With this being said they told us this company is all about profit and not about employees at all. My dad is not doing well and I had a court case for an individual that was in a bad car accident and I was told I would be disciplined, even thought I had court papers. So with this being said 3 people have left the WC department! Which by the way were great individuals and it was in two months as well as I. My suggestion is to treat people like human beings and not a dollar amount. I have never been so disappointed in my life and will not utilize Wheaton as my healthcare plan at all.

Thank you for your time.
Horrible
Cash reconciliation (Current Employee) –  Wichita, KSMarch 3, 2018
Hard company to work for. No one is happy. Job security doesn’t exist. Via Christi billing department lost 70 people when R1 took over. So people are incredibly overworked and unhappy.
Benefits
Cons
Poor training
A job not a career
Patient Financial Counselor (Former Employee) –  Kalamazoo, MIFebruary 14, 2018
Ok company to work for but not really establish a career. Lack of employee appreciation shows how little you appreciate your clients. Higher compensation and more diverse advancement opportunites would help tremendously. Great people poor leadership.
Pros
Family enviorment
Cons
limited advancement opportunity

Ask a question about working or interviewing at R1 RCM. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.2InHerSight Score

1.8Personal Development

2.4Career Opportunities

2.6Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight