R1 RCM Employee Reviews

Poor leadership.
Pre Registration (Current Employee) –  Kalamazoo, MIOctober 5, 2018
Supervisors need to have some background in what they’re supervising or some background in leadership period! If team members felt like they could actually talk to their supervisors or ask for help when need be, the turnover rate wouldn’t be so high. The supervisors hold such high expect jobs for their employees yet we go WEEKS without hearing back from team supervisors. PTO is always messed up, loosing a lot or not receiving the hours we worked for. Not appreciation towards us, what so ever. It’s hard to work for a supervisor who won’t smile at us, talk back, act interested in us or acknowledge us. We’re on the phones all day yet get marked down as if we are in school if we are late to our lunch or breaks.
Pros
Pay
Credits department is Unorganized and Unrealistic.
Credits Specialist (Former Employee) –  Southfield, MIOctober 2, 2018
R1 puts little effort into the Credits department.
I had zero training for my position and was held accountable for it.
Leadership does not worry about their employees.
Pros
Hour lunch.
Cons
Micromanaged. No training for position. Senior Leadership does not care about employee happiness.
Please Listen
Precertification Specialist (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNSeptember 30, 2018
I loved my job at Ascension working precert, but then R1 came in. It went from being about the patients to being about the money. The higher ups would never acknowledge when we (many people in the office building) asked a question and when they did, they would talk down to us and belittle us. They allow 4 sick days a year, with anymore being write ups, and do not accept doctors notes. Vacation time and sick time come from the same bucket. So if you call in, you're using your vacation time. When Ascension brought over R1, most of the people in the department were making 14/hour and then they raised the trainees, no experience, to 16+. What did they do to even out the paying field? They gave us a 7, let me repeat, 7 cent raise and told us that we have to wait a year and a half for the chance to see if we would get a raise. If you're in it for the patients, do not work for them. If you want money and to be constantly talked down and and in constant fear of them sending your job overseas, they're the perfect place for you.
Pros
Maybe medical
Run fast away
Cash Posting Specialist (Current Employee) –  Southfield, MISeptember 24, 2018
It’s not cash posting, you are a babysitter to the workers in India. They do the work and always mess it up but onshore gets the blame. Let’s just say I’m taking a $3.00 pay cut to leave.
Pros
Flex time, holidays, better medical than previous years
Cons
Everything else
Working from home, with EXCELLENT PAY
Patient Access Insurance Specialist (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ALSeptember 24, 2018
I just started with the company. I work from home, all equipment sent to me. Pay is outstanding compared to all jobs in my area. Can't say much about the rest, since I have just started, but, if it is as good as the benefits and pay, plus, working from home, then I think it will be a great place to work.
Pros
Work from home and pay
Cons
None so far
Great Company Great Experience
Reimbursement Specialist (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZ 85745September 20, 2018
Great place to work for great pay. Manager were very knowledgeable. Great benefits and wonderful co workers a pleasure to go in and give it your all. Great 5 years
It's a good company to work for.
Registrar (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNSeptember 20, 2018
It's a pretty good company to work for. I went back to school for Medical Billing and Coding so I'm liking for something in that field. Other than that i would stay with this company.
Be cautious
Patient Registrar (Former Employee) –  Birmingham ALSeptember 18, 2018
Management is a complete disaster. Very unprofessional. Wasn't aware that the trainer had the authority to decide who could keep their position or not.
Pros
Great pay and hours
Cons
Unorganized
Not very appreciative
Insurance Verification Specialist (Former Employee) –  Kalamazoo, MISeptember 11, 2018
I worked here for 7 months and was trained for 3 different jobs. They never let me get used to one job before throwing me somewhere else. They never gave me time to catch on. I went from $15 an hour to $13 an hour. All because they have other employees that did not want to work on something different. They wanted the easiest job. So they say you are doing bad and complain until you are moved. This place made my anxiety and stress very high. Always on your back instead of leaving you alone to get better at your job.
Pros
a lot of food
Cons
pot lucks
R1 rcm
Patient Access Associate (Current Employee) –  Kalamazoo, MISeptember 10, 2018
It is very quick paced and keeps you on your feet. The overall job is easy, but when you add in the ER life where I worked in the company they should offer higher pay because you are doing the same job as everyone else but in a higher more intense environment with a lot more added onto your everyday jobs.
Average
Senior Registrar (Current Employee) –  Mequon, WISeptember 8, 2018
I'm satisfied with my pay and the flexibility I'm allowed with hours for the most part.

There's too much pressure, and it's either from R1 or our hospital, on us to collect outstanding balances. It's kind of ridiculous to ask a patient who has an outstanding balance to pay it when we can't even produce a decent explanation of where it comes from.

Advancement is practically nonexistent.
OB Registrar (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNSeptember 6, 2018
I am more interested in patient care than the revenue cycle part of this job. I understand revenue is important. But to me patient and customer care is number one.
Great job
Client Follow-Up Representative (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee,WISeptember 4, 2018
Loved the job , was just a temporary employment. Very slow work place . Open work concept . Friendly environment and something to look forward in day to day .
I don't recommend.
Pre-Registrar (Former Employee) –  Kalamazoo, MIAugust 29, 2018
There was too much playing about bonuses. Too many months where people hit the goals only to be denied the bonus with no real explanation other then the goal was changed later without notification.
Not the best yet
Anonymous (Former Employee) –  United StatesAugust 29, 2018
R1 used to be Accretive Health. Look up cases on Accretive Health. R1 is growing, but they keep outsourcing to India. If you work hard, they will recognize you, but you will then get swamped and expected to stay longer than your hours, without getting the pay for it. Micro managing happens. If you need to take a sick day, pto, or a leave, watch out.
Pros
Not enough
Cons
Where do we begin
Boonville indiana has cut throat employees
Registration Clerk (Former Employee) –  Boonville, INAugust 24, 2018
Team leader and employees refuse to train, they used fowl words and disrespectful to others. One female employee called other females Dude! she gossiped to others causing lots of drama and not doing her job. The 3 employees including team leader are friends in a click. Sad to see a company come in and cause so much trouble and still there. I read the reviews before taking the job and I wished I would of never took position. No management there to help.
Pros
Cons
Bad place to work
Na
Electronic Medical Records Specialist (Current Employee) –  ChicagoAugust 16, 2018
Working as an Electronic Medical Records Specialist. Great opportunity to learn various EMR systems and build on this valuable experience in the healthcare industry.
Pros
Na
Cons
Na
Too focused on the bottom line
Medical Records Clerk/HIM Coding Documentation (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 15, 2018
Most employees are from India. The US transcription employess that were hired on with R1 have since been let go and replaced by their employees from India, who can barely speak English.
Unorganized
Healthcare Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Kalamazoo, MI 49007August 6, 2018
This company is very unorganized and provides no suitable leadership for the employees. No one is ever on the same page when it comes to getting the correct answer for the patient.
Pros
Cons
Pay is not good and horrible insurance. Parking is on the street.
Nice place to work
Medicare Billing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Southfield, MIJuly 24, 2018
A typical day here is what you make it. You will work in a stressful environment and management are so busy and stressful most of the time and they pay very well.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at R1 RCM. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
2.2

1.8Personal Development

2.4Career Opportunities

2.6Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight