R1 RCM Employee Reviews in Birmingham, AL

Featured review
R1 RCM selected this as a representative review
Awesome place to work!
Corporate (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 2, 2019
R1 is a great place to work for many different reasons. It is a team oriented environment with great people working together where you have the opportunity to learn and advance with the company. The company is also expanding rapidly, so it's a great time to be with R1!
Pros
Work life balance, solid benefits, advancement opportunities, great office space/location
excellent product
Insurance Specialist (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ALMarch 7, 2019
need more room for advancement, a good place to work from home. The culture was good, management was understanding, coworkers were kind, working from home was great
Pros
management
Cons
advancement
Not the best company
Patient Access Registration Specialist (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALMarch 3, 2019
Poor Management, also playing the favoritism role. My typical day was ok, but they never respected my end of shift if they wanted me to stay extra due to an absent employee, when I had to pick up my kids.
Pros
Salary
Working from home, with EXCELLENT PAY
Patient Access Insurance Specialist (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ALSeptember 24, 2018
I just started with the company. I work from home, all equipment sent to me. Pay is outstanding compared to all jobs in my area. Can't say much about the rest, since I have just started, but, if it is as good as the benefits and pay, plus, working from home, then I think it will be a great place to work.
Pros
Work from home and pay
Cons
None so far
Be cautious
Patient Registrar (Former Employee) –  Birmingham ALSeptember 18, 2018
Management is a complete disaster. Very unprofessional. Wasn't aware that the trainer had the authority to decide who could keep their position or not.
Pros
Great pay and hours
Cons
Unorganized
Great learning opportunity but little to no room for growth/advancement
Patient Access Representative (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ALJuly 16, 2018
The job itself is simple and enjoyable. Management is terrible. They bend the rules for certain employees while others must abide by them. "It's not what you know but who you know." Hard work goes unnoticed while not following policies/procedures goes unpunished. On the job training is inadequate. Management never gives the same answer twice to the questions you have. None of them know what is really the correct answer to your questions. Good luck getting an issue or a time of request addressed. Benefits are better than most companies but are more expensive than most. The pay is better than most comperable employers.
Pros
Decent Benefits
Cons
Terrible Management
Poor Management on all levels
Patient Access Specialist (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ALApril 22, 2018
This company would be a better place to work. If the poor levels of Management would let everyone do what they were hired to do. Management rather bully and manage their employees from emails. When they have no clue of the day to day activities because they claim to have so many important meetings. Don't let someone with a title complain about issues in a department. Then, they will work with them to make their own employees look bad vs having their employees backs. After, the complaint they'll take time to come up with new processes and procedures to follow to put a bandaid on the clients issue. Where were these processes and procedures when people are hired. They should be in place from day 1 and not at management discretion. Management on all levels especially Upper Management are very disrespect to everyone including mid level management unless you're in the cliques. Otherwise you slave like a dog in every position and as long as you make Upper Management and mid management look good they have no problem with you. Worse company I have ever work for. Let this application be the last you fill out. Unless your unemployment benefits are about to stop!!!
Pros
Its a paycheck most times
Cons
Poor upper managment, lack of communication, and no loyalty
Stressful and no room for advancement
Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALJanuary 22, 2018
Very stressful and no room for advancement. Management is not in tune with employees. Hiring for position was not at all what I was told it would be. Company hires more temps and is not racially diversified.
Cons
Not a good place to work, managment not quilaified for positions they are in, more temps than employees, no advancement
typical day.
Patient Access Representative (Scheduler) (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ALJanuary 18, 2018
I really enjoy working for R1rcm. You will receive proper training in what ever you are hired for. The best thing about R1rcm is, you can travel to pretty much anywhere and still work for this great company.
Productivity driven workforce
Patient Access Representative (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALJanuary 9, 2018
This is a nice starter company for someone who is interested in a productivity based company. The company may have grown since I was there so I am not sure of any changes.
Horrible Atmosphere
Patient Registration Representative (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALAugust 30, 2017
The pay is very good but now the entire department has turned into a call center. Titles for employees were changed to represent that of a call center and your constantly taking calls all day until time for your shift to end. They have a system that just started that tells you when to take your breaks and lunch instead of initially our breaks and lunches were flexible and when we chose to take. The company has a very huge turnover not only because the environment is horrible, but they constantly micro manage everything you do. They will write you up for any little thing especially when they have a huge hiring class coming in. The office has no morale, no perks, no bonuses, no incentives, and no flexibility in time. You have to give 24 hour notice to take sick leave or its unexcused and because of the high turnover if one person is out you will most likely not get the date your requesting. The team leads and department leads will smile in your face as long as youre snitching on other employees and DO NOT ever tell your personal business to management because none of them can hold water even when you complain about another employee management will go back and tell the employee you reported. Be very aware that when you accept the pay offer you know exactly what you're getting into, what sounds good is not always good and you will see once you start working for the company. They will tell you that there is room for growth but thats only because the company can't keep the good team leads and senior representatives that come through the door.
Pros
Pay
Cons
No Flexibility, Bad Management, No Incentive
Training was an issue.
Patient Access Specialist (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALJune 9, 2017
Overall would have been a good career. Wish they were near me! Training was not implemented wisely. Once out on the floor training it was different than in class training, a lot of employees not following script, being rude, etc.
Stressful place to work at. Poor Management skills
Patient Access Registration Specialist (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ALMay 30, 2017
Not a good working environment. Management need retraining in how to run a department. Very unorganized. Management always unable to answer questions or always rushing off employee.
Pros
No pros on my end
Cons
Unorganized Company
Stay away
Pre Reg/Insurance verification (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALMarch 2, 2017
The pay at R1 is good, but if you have a family stay away. They put it out there for that everything will be fine as long as you communicate with them, but that isn't true. They will fire you for the smallest thing. You can walk in the the door telling them that you have an appointment somewhere a month away and they will tell you to change it because you can't miss work. The management here talks about employees instead of trying to keep a team together. If you like drama apply here.
productive and fun
PRE Registration Representative (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ALDecember 29, 2016
Accretive is very good company to work for I learn a lot everyday im always learning something new.I verify insurance, call patient to get them pre registered to cut down on there wait time upon arrival.my co workers are wonderful team players. my job is not hard at all I love it.
Pros
We does offer lunch often provided by the company
Needs Work
Insurance Verifier (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ALAugust 26, 2016
Company is not a place to come if you want to grow, minimal advancement opportunities. Management has a superior complex there is a definite line drawn between roles.
Pros
will work with your schedule
Cons
no incentives
Pre Registration Representative
Patient Pre-Registration Representative (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALJanuary 19, 2016
Very negative work environment, Not family oriented company, Management not supportive and very judgmental, extremely high turnover rate. On the flip side my coworkers are the best.
Pros
Felixable work and lunch schedules
Cons
Very high turn over rate
Slow, boring micor manageed work enviorment
Patient Pre Registration (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALJune 3, 2015
A typical day would start at 8am beginning with logging into the patient system. Taking calls, verifying customer info, updating customer info. I learned quality skills that enhanced my already excellent customer service experience. My co workers were great and a joy to work with. Management seemed unsure at times and did not communicate with staff very well at times in regards to daily work goals. The hardest part of the job was figuring out my job responsibilities because of lack of communication from management. The most enjoyable part of my job were my co workers.
Pros
Cons
terrible management
Referral and Authorization Clerk
Referral and Authorization Representative (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALApril 6, 2015
Coordination of patients demographic, benefits, referral and authorizations.

They show favoritism and make the job a lot more stressful than necessary. The job is easy and they suffered I left. They have a high turnover rate.
Pros
Getting familiar with Tennessee Area hospitals and helping patients
Cons
Short breaks
To work in a professional atmosphere that will create growth, advancement
Off-Site Patient Verification Specialist (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ALAugust 30, 2014
To create and maintain professional friendship with doctors, office staff, and Insurance company
Could get better with time and effort
Patient Access Representative (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALAugust 1, 2014
This is a great company, but it is very unprofessional until someone from the corporate office comes to visit. It takes time and effort to make anything great, and I think that it will get better eventually.
Pros
Family friendly
Cons
Inadequate benefits

Ask a question about working or interviewing at R1 RCM. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9

Ratings from women

2.7InHerSight Score

2.3Personal Development

3.0Career Opportunities

2.9Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight