R1 RCM Employee Reviews for Billing Specialist

Featured review
R1 RCM selected this as a representative review
Awesome place to work!
Corporate (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 2, 2019
R1 is a great place to work for many different reasons. It is a team oriented environment with great people working together where you have the opportunity to learn and advance with the company. The company is also expanding rapidly, so it's a great time to be with R1!
Pros
Work life balance, solid benefits, advancement opportunities, great office space/location
Had High Hopes
Billing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INApril 17, 2019
Position forced to R1. Had high hopes, but not turning out as well as could be. Underpaid, asked for a raise, got 1.5%. Still $4.00+ under industry standard.

Only person in an understaffed department that knows everything from top to bottom. Wondering if I will.be appreciated when I am gone.
Pros
Do lots of employee appreciation as a whole
Cons
Underpaid, overworked, lack of decent leadership, individual contributions not unappreciated
N/a
Billing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Ogden, UTMarch 21, 2019
R1 was a decent place to work. Not very cooperative with your needs as an employee or didn't listen very well to advancement offers. Overall I give it a 6 out of 10.
Back-stabbing management
Billing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Layton, UTJanuary 29, 2019
Don't work for R1 RCM. The management will tell you it's okay to work a certain way, and another manager will tell you different. They will do anything they can to get production done, and it will cost you your job. If you work through the temp service, make sure you understand your contract, because they will tell you it's okay to work OT, when it really isn't and they will have the temp service fire you FOR APPROVED OT. They boast about honesty, integrity, and having outstanding morals, it's all a ruse. They will lie straight to your face and never tell you the truth. I regret working for R1 RCM, I wish I took another job offer instead. All I wanted was an honest company to work for, the way the management and higher ups are, there is no honesty. They are also outsourcing most work to India. You will spend most your time correcting their mistakes. It's all about making the most money for them.
Pros
Flex schedule, no weekends, pay
Cons
Great desk setup and friendly coworkers but management- yeah, they lie and throw you under a bus for their own fun
Billing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Layton, UTJanuary 29, 2019
I loved my job with R1. I was a contract employee doing Medicaid claims for Radiology. During the last month, my immediate supervisor was out on medical BUT her supervisor was left as our acting sup. Anyways, she approved OT for us and we even clarified if we as contract employees were ok to take advantage of the OT. She said yes that the person who used to be in charge is no longer with R1 so we are good to go. I’m not joking, I’m a single mom with three growing boys. I worked as much OT as I could. Workflow would slow down at times and I managed my follow up time with a notebook with all info I’d need to input on accounts (basically Medicaid ER for non citizens, which is tons of paperwork and printing and faxing.) well I’d send all to printer and at end of day, I’d print them all out, sort and fax. I even waited for transmission notices before leaving to go home. I studied things I may of had questions on to be more knowledgeable of my role. All this blood, sweat and tears and time away from my children and like that, my manager comes back and two days later, they let us go saying OT was not approved and we added time. I’m appalled that they can just take someone’s livelihood and can them like that without any talking to them about concerns. I admit, I’m human and I may have made a mistake (very little if any) on my time are. If that’s the case, TALK to ME!!! That’s all that was needed and now I’m unemployed and freaking out. Shame on those women for being so heartless and scandalous
Pros
Good pay and benefits- flex schedule- perfect for single parents or students
Cons
Management and blatant lies to protect their own rear ends
Don't Waste Your Time
Billing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Southfield, MIDecember 8, 2018
The company has a very high turnover rate because of the lack of morale, poor management, and constant changes to day-to-day work as accounts are being sent to India. This would be okay if they knew what they were doing, but they don't despite months of training. Management is never available because they are always training the workers in India via videoconferencing. Despite multiple training sessions, training manuals/standard operating procedures, the Indian team continues to make the same mistakes and management doesn't do anything about it. All they do is make us fix their mistakes. Management is unorganized and will give you an assignment and make it "high priority" because they forgot to send it out when their boss gave it to them. Sometimes there is "mandatory overtime" which disrupts your life. Management has a "we've always done it this way" attitude, so while there is room for improvement in several processes, they aren't taken into consideration. And on the rare occasion that something is implemented, leadership will take credit for an idea that was presented by the staff. The pay is decent, when you are paid on time, but certainly not worth your peace of mind. Hard to get HR to respond and resolve issues. Most people are nice, but there is a handful of negative people who absolutely drain you. I am actively seeking employment elsewhere.
Pros
Pay, volunteering
Cons
Management, poor morale, unorganized, work being sent to India, Hr
Nice place to work
Medicare Billing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Southfield, MIJuly 24, 2018
A typical day here is what you make it. You will work in a stressful environment and management are so busy and stressful most of the time and they pay very well.
Too many uncertainties
Billing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Southfield, MIJune 6, 2018
Management not experienced in the billing field and micro manages excessively! Also, she is very rude! R1 does have some perks, which includes wearing jeans and and tennis shoes everyday, flexibility is awesome and it's only 15 minutes from my home.
Stay clear of this company
Billing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Southfield, MIApril 10, 2017
At will company meaning they will terminate you for any reason they want. Constant changing of management. Very difficult to get answers or problems resolved. Quota based company meaning they are more interested in numbers than the patients.
Pros
Decent pay
Cons
Poor Management
Wonderful Location Downtown Loop
CSSC Medicare Billing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 15, 2017
Billing out two hundred claims daily in a timely manner, running eras reports to locate missing report that was not submitted through Eparis system. Teamwork