R1 RCM Employee Reviews for Patient Accounts Representative

Featured review
R1 RCM selected this as a representative review
Awesome place to work!
Corporate (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 2, 2019
R1 is a great place to work for many different reasons. It is a team oriented environment with great people working together where you have the opportunity to learn and advance with the company. The company is also expanding rapidly, so it's a great time to be with R1!
Pros
Work life balance, solid benefits, advancement opportunities, great office space/location
A job not a career
Patient Financial Counselor (Former Employee) –  Kalamazoo, MIFebruary 14, 2018
Ok company to work for but not really establish a career. Lack of employee appreciation shows how little you appreciate your clients. Higher compensation and more diverse advancement opportunites would help tremendously. Great people poor leadership.
Pros
Family enviorment
Cons
limited advancement opportunity
Very Fast Paced
Financial Counselor (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXAugust 22, 2017
R1 not up to speed w/gov't programs. Most enjoyable-Brain storming to complete tasks. Mgr assists staff if needed coverage. Shift changing to 10 hrs/d
Pros
I love the person-to-person interaction with patients, knowing I am making a difference in someone's life.
Cons
No short breaks allowed unless accounts have been completed, high turn around since they do not properly train, not enough staff to complete all accounts requirements
Love it
Patient Financial Counselor (Current Employee) –  Kalamazoo, MIOctober 22, 2015
Love this place. They pay well and are very fexible. Great location ...no parking though. Lots of tickets...old building. Great people and teams. Apply here
Entry Level
Patient Financial Counselor/Patient Registration (Former Employee) –  Kalamazoo, MIApril 24, 2015
In order to even get a interview or job here you have to know someone, no experience required. When i first started here I was in The Patient Access department where on an outbound call system we pre-reg'd as well as collecting on copays and past due bills..no bonuses were given for reaching a goal..the deaperment i was in shut down so i then went to patient financial counselor specifically for Henry Ford where we collected on past durs..they wanted calls to be under a certain tome..wrap up to be under a certain time..this all played into ur raise (which was cents not dollars) poor management..its all about who you know
Pros
coworkers
Cons
pay for own parking
Not on my list of recommendations
Patient Accounts Representative (Former Employee) –  Warren, MIJanuary 17, 2015
I have nothing positive to say about this work environment. I was lied to about the training I would receive for a job I clearly stated I didn't know how to do in the interview. The training I received only reflected 1% of my actual job responsibilities. At the end of my first 90 I was written up for low performance. When I took it upon my self to learn the job from other employees I was accused of socializing. I did learn the job with the help of my co-workers and became quite proficient. I became ill and was terminated. No opportunities for advancement.
Pros
Cons
No benefits, split work environment between St John and Accretive employees.
Accretive Health
Patient Financial Counselor (Current Employee) –  Kalamazoo, MIJanuary 5, 2015
Very busy and have to be a multi-tasker and be open to continuing change.
I have learned to work with many types of people and how to manage my time better. I also have learned to be more patient and that killing people with kindness is actually easy and that you get more flies with honey.
I enjoy my job but feel that things can be unstable with the company at times
Pros
commission
Cons
sitting long periods of time
Fun Work environment
Patient Finance Counselor (Former Employee) –  Kalamazoo, MIJune 11, 2014
Relaxed working environments with engaged management. Success is what you make it.
Pros
Open Access to management
Cons
Room for advancement limited
No job security. Not very professional at times. Very critical. Nice people and Very friendly.
Bilingual Patient Financial Counselor/CS rep (Former Employee) –  Kalamazoo, MIAugust 12, 2013
Good place to work if you don't really know if you want to stay there forever. Accretive is not too professional most of the time and always has trouble with their new patient accounts system. There is NO job security at all. They are always on you about every thing you say or do on the phones. And you never know wether or not you will be fired.
Other than that, I do have positive things to say about Accretive.
The people there are very helpful and very considerate of others. Very upbeat people and the Team Leaders are always doing their best to strive for the company even though it is not too professional. Everyone there was always very friendly and never any drama.

A typical day was on the Phone Dialer system and on the patient account system AHTO Contact. Taking and making inbound and outbound calls to help the patients resolve any problems or payments they need help with. Outbound calls were based on collecting for medical bills. So striving for a patient to pay was very important in my department.

However, I really enjoyed my job at Accretive. And the friends that I made. Especially, my Team Leader, she was my first and only supervisor who went out of her way to help and strive for the best of our department. Even though she was sick most of the time and was out of the office for a while, she was still making sure that her team was still doing their best without her. She made my experience at Accretive very easy and absolutely great! Also, when I would have trouble with anything, she made sure she trained me in order for me to continue doing my best. It was because
  more... of her that I managed to build my confidence at this job.  less
Pros
Able to leave company to go out to lunch, GREAT people, Nice environment.
Cons
System trouble all of the time, Not too professional with some company things, customer service needs a little work, medical billing needs work, the phone system and phone numbers that vary with the hospitals.
Fun Work Environment
Patient Financial Counselor (Current Employee) –  Kalamazoo, MISeptember 3, 2012
A typical day at work includes speaking to at least 150-200 patients a day, helping them understand their patient billing statements, policies and explanation of benefits from their insurance companies and helping them find a manageable way to resolve their hospital balances. The best part though is knowing that I can help people, in anyway that I can. The most enjoyable part of the day is being able to work with a great group of people. My job can be stressful at times but having the luxury of working in a friendly environment, helps ease the stress and makes the day go by just a little bit faster.
My 3 years experience with Accretive Health
Patient Accounts Representative (Current Employee) –  United StatesAugust 9, 2012
I've enhanced my experience as a medical biller for both physician and hospital claims. I have extensive experience with Medicare and other payer claims. I post A/R and review all claims to ensure paid accurately and timely. I am looking for a position that allows greater latitude in experience and opportunity for advancemant.

The hardest part of the job for me is acquiring the opportunity to learn different aspects of the job allowing me to expand my knowledge base.

The most enjoyable part of my job is having confidence in what I do and being able to work with a great team.
Pros
great team
Cons
3.25 hours of paid time off available every 2 weeks
Productive workplace with great atmosphere
Patient Financial Counselor (Current Employee) –  Kalamazoo, MIMay 7, 2012
This company has a very positive vibe with excellent management and team environment. Being connected with the health industry, it has taught me a lot about hospital and insurance practices as well and their revenue cycles. I enjoy the atmosphere of the workplace the most, and I really cannot find a negative to speak on about this job.