R1 RCM Employee Review

No job security. Not very professional at times. Very critical. Nice people and Very friendly.
Bilingual Patient Financial Counselor/CS rep (Former Employee) –  Kalamazoo, MIAugust 12, 2013
Good place to work if you don't really know if you want to stay there forever. Accretive is not too professional most of the time and always has trouble with their new patient accounts system. There is NO job security at all. They are always on you about every thing you say or do on the phones. And you never know wether or not you will be fired.
Other than that, I do have positive things to say about Accretive.
The people there are very helpful and very considerate of others. Very upbeat people and the Team Leaders are always doing their best to strive for the company even though it is not too professional. Everyone there was always very friendly and never any drama.

A typical day was on the Phone Dialer system and on the patient account system AHTO Contact. Taking and making inbound and outbound calls to help the patients resolve any problems or payments they need help with. Outbound calls were based on collecting for medical bills. So striving for a patient to pay was very important in my department.

However, I really enjoyed my job at Accretive. And the friends that I made. Especially, my Team Leader, she was my first and only supervisor who went out of her way to help and strive for the best of our department. Even though she was sick most of the time and was out of the office for a while, she was still making sure that her team was still doing their best without her. She made my experience at Accretive very easy and absolutely great! Also, when I would have trouble with anything, she made sure she trained me in order for me to continue doing my best. It was because
  more... of her that I managed to build my confidence at this job.  less
Pros
Able to leave company to go out to lunch, GREAT people, Nice environment.
Cons
System trouble all of the time, Not too professional with some company things, customer service needs a little work, medical billing needs work, the phone system and phone numbers that vary with the hospitals.

Other R1 RCM Employee Reviews

Stressful
Pre-Registration Specialist (Current Employee) –  Kalamazoo, MIJune 11, 2019
I’ve been at r1 for almost a year now and since then the communication has been terrible. You never get the same answer twice, everything is always changing but no one ever tells you about the updates. The supervisors are condescending when you ask any questions and they get upset when you take too many bathroom breaks. (If I gotta go, I gotta go!) The only time you get praised is if you collect over $1,000. Overall not my favorite place to work and it’s very stressful. They care more about money than the employees.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Poor management
worst place to work
Follow-up Specialist (Former Employee) –  West Valley City, UTJune 10, 2019
This job has caused me nothing but stress. Management is a joke. It is like you're back in high school. I would never recommend this company to anyone. If you do work there, RUN
Cons
management is horrible and childish

Ask a question about working or interviewing at R1 RCM. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.7InHerSight Score

2.3Personal Development

3.0Career Opportunities

2.9Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight