R360 ENVIRONMENTAL SOLUTIONS Employee Reviews in Houston, TX

It used to be a great company
Project manager (Former Employee) –  Houston TexasFebruary 21, 2013
R360 was recently purchased by Waste Connections, a landfill company. The new managers have come in and clean house by firing staff. Between the changes in policies created by Waste Connections, and the downturn in the oilfield exploration and production industry, take a job here at your own risk.

One of the policies that was rescinded was the issuance of company credit cards to use while traveling and to purchase supplies needed for your job. You are now forced to pay for your own travel (except air fare). If you need items to complete your job, you had better hope that your credit line can withstand it. It takes almost 2 weeks to get reimbursements after you turn in your expenses.

It used to be a great company to work for prior to the buyout. Now, it is just another company whose sole goal is to make money at the expense of the employees. The irony is that the upper management get to spend as much money as they want on things like dinners for staff meetings and such. The money spent on those kind of activities could probably pay for salaries of employees whose jobs are on the line. The craziest thing I saw was when they served beer at off-site staff meetings.
Pros
beer at offsite staff meetings
Cons
waste connections managers
Rapidly Growing Company with Great Employees
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 24, 2012
I was hired to do sales with this company. Unfortunately, I found myself doing more ticket running than sales. The accounting department uses a system that is 30 years old thus having a hard time keeeping up with the demand of work that was coming in. I learned how to create ways to be efficient and not to upset the company men with the amount of tickets I would bring them to sign. Management is friendly and caring just may have too much going on to address certain issues that would help propel company to higher standards. The hardest part of my job was finding time to do all the work assigned. It was difficult to chase 50 rigs and 150 consultants between two sales represenatives. I would have liked to have more training an knowledge in the E&P desposal industry but frankly there was no time to take for etensive training. I did enjoy being out in the field and building relationships with the company men and consultants.
Pros
traveling, expos, meetings, benefits
Cons
lack of training and product education, too much work for one person
Smalll company with a big heart
Field Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 2, 2012
Great company to work for? They really try to help you grow professionally by sending you to classes and stuff
Pros
they take good care of the workers
Cons
location