RA SUSHI BAR RESTAURANT Employee Reviews

being a server was quite fun and definitely helped me refine my social skills.
Server/Waiter (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLAugust 25, 2019
a typical day at work meant wrapping up the silverware in the napkins, making sure everything was restocked, tables clean.
time management was everything as a waiter.
i mostly enjoyed the interviewing process since i was able to try all the different dishes and sushi rolls!
Fun and also very productive
Host (Former Employee) –  Torrance, CAAugust 6, 2019
It is an incredible place to work in. RA sushi is both very easy but can difficult depending on the day but it's usually an easy going job. Management is also amazing, they're awesome and understanding.
worse plce to work
Cook (Former Employee) –  Pembroke Pines, FLJuly 26, 2019
I only worked here because i didnt have a choice i have a family the managers were racist i got into a bad car accident they asked for papers to hold my job after i went back they let me work for a couple of hours and called me in to tell me they had to let me go because they were over staffed
Fun
Sushi chef (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 13, 2019
I like my job, and they have given me the opportunity to be the leader of the cheffs,I've learned a lot there and I'm very grateful to them,and I would like to find something that makes me better
Cool
Busser, Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Leawood, KSMay 29, 2019
I worked there a long time ago, but it was a nice place. The clientel was a bit more "classy" and the work staff was great. Plus the food was to die for!
Horrible managers
Server (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDMay 12, 2019
RA Sushi is the worst place to work. The employees are nice and well to work with but the managers are horrible. They need to take training courses on how to be a productive managers. They do not care about their employees. That’s why they have people quitting all the time. The employees work long hours for no reason. Once they have better managers, the place will run more smoothly.
Pros
Discount meals
Cons
Managers, long hours, and no breaks
Hours dwindled until the location was closed
Server/Bartender (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLApril 10, 2019
Initially the hours were ideal (35-40 per week), but declining business due to it's location in the defunct Point Orlando complex caused the hours to continue to be reduced week after week until the employees were told that the location would be permanently closing. The staff were friendly and the managers were fair.
Pros
Enjoyable co-workers and managers
Cons
Restaurant location closed due to decreasing clientele.
Great for those starting out in the industry.
Sushi chef (Former Employee) –  Corona, CAMarch 12, 2019
For a seasoned professional that has specifically worked in every aspect of Asian and Japanese dining, this place is horrible. With that said, for those still looking to improve their career of merely get started, this is a place that's worth putting some time on your resume.

It seems that Benihana Co has become training grounds for rookies then venture off into better restaurants after.

The location I worked with had a very friendly team and management team. But, friendly doesn't always get the job done or get it done right. Pay is horrible too. A Shame that the most important position, sushi chef, makes the least amount of money. I don't see a future for Ra , but perhaps Benihana will always carry them on their nack
Pros
Select free employee meals, 50% off all food when dining in and management is easy going
Cons
Dumb business model, food sucks, management is nice but not the best in leadership .
Super fun
Sushi chef (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZJanuary 31, 2019
differs from day to day

a lot of stuff learned

management is great

culture is good

something new everyday

the changing of positions.

the flexibility.
Great Environment and Experience
Bartender (Former Employee) –  Pembroke Pines, FLDecember 16, 2018
Working here for 3 years definitely gave me an opportunity to expand my work range in the restaurant business, the staff was great and so was the money. Really quick paced and stressful restaurant.
Pros
Great food and customers
Cons
short breaks, long shifts
Productive workplace
HOSTESS (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 6, 2018
I just wish it was better management, but I love all the workers there. Very fast paced job and you have to be on top off things or the place is a mess. Lots of rude costumers.
Good concept
Server (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLOctober 8, 2018
It's a fun environment to be in but if you aren't fond of your co workers I wouldn't recommend it since all staff work closely w one another daily.

Personally l had a positive experience working there.
Fun workplace
Head hostess (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZOctober 3, 2018
RA is a very fun and upbeat place to work. I usually work from about 5pm-1am 4-5 days a week. I learned a lot about being a team player, communication, and customer service. RA is a fast pasted restaurant and you always have to be on your feet and ready to work. The only thing i did not really like about this job was the constant change in management. From working at RA for 2 years i had at least 5 changes in management which was difficult for the employees
Pros
Discounted food and fun staff
Cons
Short breaks, new mangers
Its sushi
Server (Former Employee) –  Tustin, CASeptember 11, 2018
Its sushi...its serving. What more is there to say. Corporate restaurant so you have to deal with some of that but all in all it was a fun place to work with some fun people.
Nothing more than "eh"
Bartender/Server (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZSeptember 4, 2018
I came into this job as a temporary fix after my previous restaurant closed. It started off well. I made decent money and my hour sufficed for what I needed at the time. When I started, there was a huge turn over in management. Every weekend there was another manager from out of town filling in. When we finally settled on managers, that's when it got more rough. The management style completely shifted. Work life became high-strung while business dropped. Some weekends I'd be there for a full 6-hour shift and leave with $20. The majority of my money went to tip-outs, which I understand is part of the job, but when business is so slow it's painful to give away that much money. This was around the same time that my location became a tester for a new happy hour menu - prices decreased drastically while portions stayed the same. Servers were literally getting jipped of money they deserved. The management tactics became idiotic and unhelpful. I arrived and left work miserable. It turned into a bad environment for me and several other employees. This restaurant has so much potential, but it lacks in every category. I live in an area abundant with incredible restaurants and nightlife. It's sad that RA can't keep up.
Pros
Coworkers
Cons
Unstable management, low-pay
no fun to work at
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZAugust 16, 2018
The company does not live its mission. it doesn't make sure all employees are respected either. Bad Management team. No opportunity for advancement or to better your self or your team.
Poor Management, Slow Hours
Server (Former Employee) –  Tustin, CAAugust 15, 2018
Lots of problems with management shutting down our hours based on pace of restaurant. Always over-staffed but definitely too slow for each server to be making a decent amount f money. Management forces your breaks on you after the hour of you working (legally you have to be there for an hour first) but then they shove you out the door for a break only to send you home early because it is too slow.
Loved it
Bartender (Former Employee) –  South Miami, FLAugust 7, 2018
Best gm ever
Like a family
Got to move up quick and experience a family like no other
Loved the rules and regulations
Very fair management
See the best qualities
Different
Host (Former Employee) –  Corona, CAAugust 3, 2018
I only worked for a weekend. The time that I worked there was very laid back and interactive. There were times were it was busy in the restaurant and I had to buckle down for work.
Heaven for FOH, Bright future for Korean Chef
Chef (Former Employee) –  Southlake, TXAugust 3, 2018
Unprofessional Management, Anger Management and same culture privilege treatment, trash treatment for other chef.
Sweet talks Bitter in reality and Entrusted Management.
Pros
Free Lunch and Dinner
Cons
Unprofessional Management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at RA SUSHI BAR RESTAURANT. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.7InHerSight Score

2.3Personal Development

3.1Career Opportunities

2.7Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight