RA SUSHI BAR RESTAURANT Employee Reviews for Host/Hostess

Fun and also very productive
Host (Former Employee) –  Torrance, CAAugust 6, 2019
It is an incredible place to work in. RA sushi is both very easy but can difficult depending on the day but it's usually an easy going job. Management is also amazing, they're awesome and understanding.
Different
Host (Former Employee) –  Corona, CAAugust 3, 2018
I only worked for a weekend. The time that I worked there was very laid back and interactive. There were times were it was busy in the restaurant and I had to buckle down for work.
fun workplace
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMarch 23, 2018
working at Ra sushi was so much fun made a lot of friends and everyone there are kind, the restaurant is really fast paced because its right on the strip but overall i had a great experience and great music too.
Pros
amazing food
Cons
fast paced especially weekends
Great place to work at
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 22, 2017
Great place to work at as a student hours are flexible. It is a very fast paced restaurant so it can get a little stressful at first, but the staff is very friendly there is a lot of team work. I would definitely recommend this job.
Balanced and Upbeat Environment
Hostess (Current Employee) –  Fashion Show Mall, Las VegasNovember 7, 2017
When I go into work, I love the music that's always playing. The food there is also my favorite, I'm a huge fan of sushi. The restaurant takes pride in the Japanese culture, and decorating. I meet a lot of diverse people, and it fufills me. The hardest part of my job would have to be when I'm working alone, and I have to-go orders online to package, as well as put in the system, then groups of people walk in to sit. Nothing I can't handle, just gets pretty busy. I've learned a lot working here. I've dealt with computers, money, online orders, ticket system, phone calls, organization, food running, a variety of people and cultures, a little bit of everything all together.
Pros
Free meals, cool music
Cons
short breaks, short staff
Worst Employer
Host (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVOctober 6, 2017
Working at Ra was initially a good experience, but this quickly turned sour. Management is absolutely horrific and we had the GM walk out one day to never return. Soon after one of the other managers left very abruptly and took many employees with her to a different restaurant. Employees are not given any breaks and managers will tell employees to clock out before they are allowed to have their lunch. Managers tell employees that they are not entitled to any breaks because we are part time employees. There is a large pay discrepancy between employees with the same job title and managers will lie about this and tell all the employees they do not care if any of us quit because they do not need us.
Pros
Employee discount
Cons
No breaks, wage discrepancy, management
Good Place to be
Hostes (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZSeptember 30, 2017
Fun and Exciting Environment. Fun to come to on Sunday nights and nice people. Everyone helps each other and loves to have a good time. People love to regulars as well.
Fun and amazing place to work
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZSeptember 28, 2017
RA sushi was my first restaurant job, and still to this day the best job I've ever had. I made so many friends, had incredible managers, and working there did not feel like work at all. I learned so much about the industry, had to learn all of the sushi rolls and drinks, and learned how to appeal to customers. If there was a RA Sushi in Reno I would 100% work there, no questions asked! Amazing company.
NO job security
Host (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 26, 2017
Don't work here unless you want to be somewhere where the place closes and the entire staff loses their jobs with no warning in advance. Management also loves to harass the female employees with no consequence.
Relaxed job until it closed
Host (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 21, 2017
I enjoyed my time working with the company, but had many inconsistencies when it came to peak days/hours. There were many days when there was little to do for multiple hours, while other days were stressful because the restaurant would fill quickly.

It was sad to see my location closed down because of those reasons.
Pros
Discounted meals
Cons
No breaks
Great atmosphere and they always put the customer first.
Lead Host (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 11, 2017
The most enjoyable part of hosting at RA Sushi was meeting and greeting new people . The hardest part of my job was creating a floor plan that would ensure equal seating for the severs on duty because of the small set up.
Hostessing
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDMay 24, 2017
Long hours decided based on cuts, so you won't know your hours in advance. Decent pay, but could be somewhat better for how much is asked of employees. Guests can be rude and overly drunk, but far better than many restaurant alternatives. Very high volume restaurant. Don't promote people quickly, but also fairly understanding of workers needs.
Pros
Good management, lots of hours
Cons
High-intensity, rude guests, stressful, mediocre pay
Fun energetic place and surrounded by sushi
Hostess- Greet customers and show them (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXFebruary 24, 2017
At RA sushi everything had to be done at a proper time. When dealing with the food industry everything is fast paced and you always have to wear a smile. I learned to kill people with kindness even when they were rude out of hunger. Management was always right there helping, they never let you get behind while they were sitting in the office, if there was something to be done they would always help you do it. The workplace culture was one of the best I've ever been in. Everyone works together even if they know they aren't going to get a cut of your tips at the end of the night. The hardest part of the job was physically having to move all the outside furniture in and out every morning and night. The most enjoyable part of the job was creating lasting friendships and getting 50% off sushi.
Pros
discounted food
Cons
no healthcare
High turnover job
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZAugust 31, 2016
In one year of working at RA sushi I had seen 3 GM's cycle through. The amount of fellow hostess's that had quit and been hired was ridiculous. I would not recommend.
Pros
occasionally fun
Cons
Awful place to work
Productive and fun workplace
Hostess (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLSeptember 29, 2015
A typical day at work includes meeting many people from all over the world and locals. Introducing different food to the guests as they enter the restaurant.
Pros
50% off food for employees, free meal if you work a double, food discount at surrounding restaurants
Cons
Pay for parking daily at the parking garage (about $9 per day), business depends on conventions etc.
Meeting new people every day
Hostess (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAMarch 26, 2015
A typical day would include client consultations, telecommunication, computer, entry of products, validating recommendations and leaving a customer satisfied every time.
Pros
compensation
High energy and great atmosphere
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 1, 2014
I was a hostess at Ra Sushi for a few months. I greatly enjoyed what I did. My co-workers and managers were all very friendly and helpful. The main reason I left was because I wanted to become a server. Unfortunately, there was no room for me at the time, so I sought employment elsewhere.
Pros
High energy and friendly staff
Cons
No benefits for hostesses
Very Productive
Host (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 27, 2013
Great place to work full or part time, fun environment. They work with all schedules. You also get tipped out at the end of the night as the closing host.
Pros
50% off all food in the chain.